Recruitment Assistant Professor at University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET).
Recruitment Assistant Professor at University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET)
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the position of Assistant Professor at University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET) on a pay-scale of Rs. 15600- 39100+AGP of Rs. 6000/- under “DBT-BUILDER” grant sanctioned to Panjab University by DBT, Government of India.
The position is purely temporary initially for a period of one year with possibility of extension contingent to satisfactory performance till the tenure of the project (maximum 5-year period).
Application must reach UIET, Panjab University, Chandigarh by 04.12.2023 up to 4:00pm.
The details of the advertisement consisting qualifications, application form and detailed instructions are available on website www.puchd.ac.in;
The candidates are requested to visit University website regularly for any updations.
QUALIFICATIONS: Recruitment Assistant Professor at University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET)
For the post of Assistant Professor in University Institute of Engineering and Technology under DBT-BUILDER program
i. First Class B.E./B.Tech. in Biotechnology Engineering from recognized university/Institute
- First Class M.E./M.Tech. in Biotechnology Engineering, from recognized university/Institute
iii. Without prejudice to the above, the following conditions may be considered desirable: –
- Teaching, research industrial and /or Professional experience in a reputed organization.
- Papers presented at Conferences and/or in refereed journals.
- PhD (Engineering) from a reputed University/institute specialization in biosensor development and bioremediation.
Emoluments: Recruitment Assistant Professor at University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET)
In the pay-scale of 15600-39100+ AGP of Rs. 6000/- (Rs. 61,964/-approx/month)
Job Requirements: Recruitment Assistant Professor at University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET)
The candidate is required to execute research in the proposed area of environmental biotechnology. The candidate will be working with the project assistant (hired in the project) in collecting, analysing and compiling the research data, writing reports and manuscripts related to the project. The candidate is expected to contribute in developing research facilities in the department and handle sophisticated equipment’s and to train manpower on them. The candidate will be involved in teaching and training UG and PG students of the department.
The Academic score as specified in Appendix II (Table 3A) for Universities shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview only, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview.
I. A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Differently-abled ((a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid-attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness) for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
II. A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
III. A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university, at the Master’s level shall also be considered valid.
DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES: Recruitment Assistant Professor at University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET)
- The Academic score as specified in Table 3-A (Appendix II) of UGC Regulations for Universities on “Minimum Qualifications for appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education, 2018” shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview for the posts of Assistant Professors in the Universities, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview. Table 3- A (Appendix-II) is also available on the website.
- The eligibility of every candidate will be determined on the basis of qualifications acquired and communicated to the office by him/her up to the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
- The experience certificate must be submitted by the candidate strictly as per the Proforma available on the University web-site.
- It is understood that the candidate shall possess the requisite qualifications and research experience relevant to the post in the department concerned and other qualifications if any prescribed for a post.
- Applications not in the prescribed form or incomplete applications or those received after the last date are liable to be rejected.
- All documents in original will have to be produced at the time of interview.
- If any information supplied by the candidate in his application form is found to be incorrect/false at any stage, his candidature/selection will be cancelled.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. University reserves the right not to fill any of the above posts.
- It is not obligatory on the part of the University to call for interview every candidate who possesses the essential qualifications.
- Candidates must attach all the documents related to their research activities/other activities done by them.
- Candidates are required to attach a copy of each of published research paper/book/each publication with the application form. At least the first/relevant page of each research paper/book/publication indicating name(s) of authors, name(s) of journal/Book with ISSN/ISBN number is necessarily to be attached, without which no credit will be given for the research paper/book/publication.
- Candidates should attach one set of certificates of teaching and/or research experience in support of their claim for the same.
- One set of attested copies of certificates and Detailed Marks Cards in support of qualifications for Matriculation/School leaving, 12th class, Graduation, Post- graduation, Doctoral degree must be attached with the application. The experience certificate if any must be in the desired format available on the website. Attested copy of conversion formula in case of G.P.A. be also attached. Candidates should also attach copies of testimonials from three referees with the application.
- Candidates, who have mentioned their merit position in the University examinations in their application form, should attach an attested copy of the University merit certificate issued by the University concerned in support of their claim.
- Candidates who have not passed +2, Pre-Medical or Pre-Engineering examinations should give in the column ‘Educational Qualifications’ of the application form, the particulars of the other 12th class examination (Intermediate, B.A./B.Sc. Part-I, etc.) passed by them. Candidates should also indicate percentage of marks obtained by them in each examination in the column ‘Class/Division/Grade’.
- Persons already in service must route their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of their application on the prescribed Performa direct to the University. They will be allowed to present themselves for interview only on the production of ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employers.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- Candidates if selected for interview will be sent interview letter through post and e-mail and telephonic intimation will also be given. The candidates are advised to intimate the change of address and telephone/mobile numbers, if any and also update their e-mail addresses to avoid any inconvenience.
- The applicant must ensure that he/she fulfils the minimum eligibility conditions and only then apply within due date. Details of advertisement and application form, having 11-pages, alongwith “Detailed Instructions” for candidates are available on Website: www.puchd.ac.in.
Application form, format of experience certificate(s), are only to be downloaded from the website. Candidates are required to submit duly filled-in application form in all respects.