With an emphasis on strengthening the education infrastructure of North 24-Parganas and surrounding districts of West Bengal, the Harichand Guruchand University (HGU) was established by the West Bengal State Government by incorporation of the Harichand Guruchand University Act, 2018, West Bengal Act XXVII of 2018, Part- III, Acts of the West Bengal Legislature, Law Department Legislative Notification, published in The Kolkata Gazette (Extraordinary), 2nd January, 2019.
Sri Sri Harichand Thakur and his son Sri Sri Guruchand Thakur are the saviours cum pathfinder to the Dalit communities in the greater undivided Bengal presidency. They are remembered for their phenomenal contribution for uplifting the untouchables in Bengal.
In the memory of such legends and to honour the deliberation of the Matua community to get enlightened through knowledge, Hon’ble Chief Minister of West Bengal, Smt. Mamata Banerjee on 11th January of 2019 laid the foundation stone of Harichand Guruchand University at Thakurnagar, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal.
This University has been instituted with a dedicated vision of bridging a pool of opportunities in higher education vis-à-vis envisaging scholastic work in social and cultural issues of Matua community. With this very aim, Prof. (Dr.) Tapan Kumar Biswas, Professor in the Department of Folklore, Kalyani University, joined as the first Vice-chancellor of the Harichand Guruchand University on 30th January, 2021.
He is currently the Vice Chancellor of Harichand Guruchand University. Prof.(Dr.) Tapan Kumar Biswas has had an outstanding educational background. Prof. Biswas was conferred with Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Life Time Achievement National Award in 2019 for teaching, research and publication by International Institute for Social and Economic Reforms(R.), Bengaluru.
- 06.07.2022: Exam Question Paper(All Subject)
- 04.07.2022: Exam Question Paper(All Subject)
- 29.06.2022: Exam Question Paper(All Subject)
- 27.06.2022: Exam Question Paper(All Subject)
- 24.06.2022: Exam Question Paper(All Subject)
- Programme Schedule 2nd Semester
- Modalities for Blended Mode Examinations, 2022
- Notification for 8th International Yoga Day 2022
- 31st Online Seminar on Shri Shri Harichand Thakur and Guruchand Thakur’s Contribution to Economic development in Back-Retained Society