IIT Delhi Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professors Posts. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professors Posts.
Table of Contents
IIT Delhi Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professors Posts
HAUZ KHAS, NEW DELHI-110016
Rolling Advertisement No. IITD/2023/AP-2 Dated 15.11.2023
IIT Delhi invites applications from individuals with an established record of independent, high-quality research and commitment to teaching and research for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor (Grade-I/II).
The various Academic Units (Departments, Centres, and Schools) recruiting Assistant Professors in their areas are given below. Department wise specialization areas, specific qualifications/experience are specified in Annexure-I.
|S. No.||Department/Centre/School||S. No.||Department/Centre/School|
|1||Department of Applied Mechanics||13||Department of Mathematics|
|2||Department of Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology||14||Department of Mechanical Engineering|
|3||Department of Chemical Engineering||15||Department of Physics|
|4||Department of Chemistry||16||Department of Textile and Fibre Engineering|
|5||Department of Civil Engineering||17||Centre for Atmospheric Sciences (CAS)|
|6||Department of Computer Science & Engineering||18||Centre for Automotive Research and Tribology (CART)|
|7||Department of Design||19||Sensors, Instrumentation and Cyber-Physical System Engineering (SeNSE)|
|8||Department of Electrical Engineering||20||Transportation Research and Injury Prevention Centre (TRIP-C)|
|9||Department of Energy Science & Engineering||21||Optics and Photonics Centre (OPC)|
|10||Department of Humanities and Social Sciences||22||School of Public Policy (SOPP)|
|11||Department of Management Studies||23||School of Artificial Intelligence (ScAI)|
|12||Department of Material Science and Engineering|
The CEI (RTC) Act (2019) for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS categories as well as the RPwD Act (2016) for persons with benchmark disabilities will be applicable.
Candidates should upload their valid SC/ST/OBC- NCL/PwBD/EWS certificates issued by the appropriate authority in the prescribed format of Government of India, along with the application.
Eligibility of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) for recruitment at IIT Delhi is specified in Annexure-II.
The extent of reservation will be as follows: SC-15%; ST-7.5%; OBC(NCL)-27%; EWS-10%; PwBD-4%. Women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Foreign nationals will be appointed on contract basis, initially for 5 years.
The contract can be renewed after the 5-year tenure gets over.
Those applying as foreign nationals will need to get a work visa from the Government of India.
Qualification and Experience: IIT Delhi Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professors
Basic qualification and experience for the posts are given below. Qualification, experience, and age will be reckoned as on the last date of submission of the application.
A. QUALIFICATION & AGE
Ph.D., with first class or equivalent in the preceding degree. Specialization in the appropriate area/branch with consistently good academic record throughout.
Candidates should have good communication skills, a commitment to high quality undergraduate and postgraduate education, and demonstrated ability to carry out original and creative research.
Specific qualifications and specialization areas sought in each academic unit are available as Annexure-1.
Applicants for this position shall preferably be below 35 years as on Dec 31, 2023.
Age relaxation will be applicable as per the Government of India norms.
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Grade I & Grade II)
- Assistant Professor: Candidates with at least three years of industrial/research/teaching experience may be considered for the post. The experience gained before and while pursuing Ph.D. is excluded for consideration.
- Candidates with PhD but with less than three years of industrial/research/teaching experience may be considered for the post of Assistant Professor (Grade II).
C. APPLICATION SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE:
Applications are to be submitted online. The advertisement is available at (https://home.iitd.ac.in/jobs-iitd/index.php). As a precaution, after submitting the application through the website, please retain a copy of the application. In case of any queries regarding the application submission, please contact:
Deputy Registrar (E-I) Indian Institute of Technology Delhi Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016, INDIA
E-mail: [email protected]
- The completed application along with the supporting documents should be submitted on or before December 31, 2023, 5:00 PM (IST)
- Please login to our site (https://ecampus.iitd.ac.in/IITDFR-0/login) and check the status whether the application has been received or not.
D. INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
- The application form/data sheet is a summary sheet mainly for data collection for statutory and statistical purposes, and all sections as specified in D.2 of this document should be detailed in the Academic Profile as given below.
Separate online applications must be filled in if a candidate is applying for a faculty position in more than one academic unit (Department/Centre/School). Candidates having overlapping interests in more than one academic unit can be considered for joint appointment, if selected.
- Upload a detailed Academic Profile which includes the following information:
- Cover Letter.
- Applicant profile with personal details and academic qualifications. All Educational qualification certificates including the date of Ph.D. Defense must be submitted/uploaded along with the application form.
- Work Experience and detailed teaching plan, indicating core courses from the IITD Courses of Study list (available at the IITD website) that you can teach, and an expanded statement of your objectives and long-term interests in coursework development.
- Awards and recognition: Name of the prize/award, awarded by, awarded for, year of the award.
- Details of journal/conference papers and list of books published.
- A detailed research plan highlighting your current and past research interests and achievements. Also, include your short- and long-term research plans. If applicable, highlight the accomplishments of research scholars guided, any sponsored research and consulting projects as PI or co-PI, industrial and administrative experience, patents, and technologies developed with the year and details about the patent, etc.
- Any other activity like Continuing Education Programs/conferences organized (as an organizer or co- organizer) etc., service roles like institution building and student-centric roles.
- List of referees who can be contacted to send letters of reference.
E. AREAS OF SPECIALISATION
The document containing details of specific areas currently being sought for recruitment in different academic units is available as Annexure-1.
Further details regarding various Departments, Faculty, Academic Programmes, and Areas of Research can be reviewed at the individual departmental websites and at www.iitd.ac.in.
PAY STRUCTURE: IIT Delhi Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professors Posts
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Grade-I: 7th CPC Pay Level 12, Minimum Pay: ₹ 101500/-
For direct recruits, minimum starting pay to be fixed in Academic Pay Level-12 at Cell No.1 ₹ 1,01,500/. Faculty directly recruited into Grade-I and those moving from Grade-II will serve a one-year probation. On completion of 3 years as Assistant Professor Grade-I, the incumbent shall move to Academic Pay Level-13A1 (₹ 1,31,400 – 2,04,700).
F.2. ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Grade-II: 7th CPC Pay Level 10, Minimum Pay: ₹ 70900/-
The minimum starting pay to be fixed in Academic Pay Level-10 at Cell No.8 ₹ 70,900/-. After one year of experience, the incumbent shall move to Academic Pay at Level-11. Subsequent placement in Assistant Professor Grade-I will be based on meeting experience requirements.
- The posts carry allowances such as Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Transport Allowance (TA) and telephone charges reimbursement as per Institute rules, which at present correspond to those admissible to Central Government employees stationed in Delhi. The benefits of LTC, Children Education Allowance, and contribution towards New Pension Scheme (NPS) shall be permissible as per GoI rules.
- Depending upon the qualifications and experience, a higher starting salary may be offered in deserving cases as decided by the Selection Committee.
OTHER SUPPORT FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVANCEMENT OF FACULTY
- For candidates joining the Institute from abroad – Reimbursement of one-way economy class airfare for travel for new recruits and his/her immediate family for joining the Institute from his/her current place of work abroad and relocation allowance up to a maximum of ₹2,50,000/- or actual whichever is less, subject to the condition that they serve the Institute for a minimum period of 3 years.
- For candidates joining the Institute from within India – Reimbursement of one-way economy class airfare for travel for new recruits and his/her immediate family for joining the Institute from his/her current place of work in India and relocation allowance up to a maximum of ₹1,25,000/- or actual whichever is less, subject to the condition that they serve the Institute for a minimum period of 3 years for new recruits.
- Candidates for the post of Assistant Professor are eligible for “Young Faculty Incentive Fellowship”, initially for a period of 3 years from date of joining or till their movement to Pay Level 13A1 whichever is earlier.
- A start-up Grant of up to ₹ 20 lakhs for carrying out research for a period of 3 years. The Institute also provides an additional grant of ₹ 30 lakhs as matching equipment grant to create new capability/high-value research facility in emerging areas via special project funding from external agencies.
- A Professional Development Allowance (PDA) of ₹ 3 lakhs for every block period of 3 years (Rupees one lakh per year) is made available to every member of the faculty on reimbursable basis to meet the expenses for participation in national and international conferences, payment of membership fee of professional bodies and contingent expenses (subject to revision on account of 7th CPC).
- Faculty are eligible for Chair Professor Positions that entitle them to a grant of ₹ 5 lakhs per annum for an initial period of 3 years, extendable up to 5 years.
- The Institute endeavours to provide suitable accommodation to all faculty. However, initially new faculty may have to stay in transit accommodation inside or outside the campus. Newly joined faculty members can also avail accommodation outside the campus on lease till regular accommodation is provided in the campus. Institute supports payment of monthly rental of up to ₹ 50,000/- for the same.
- The Institute encourages interaction of the faculty with industry, other research and professional institutions for research projects and consultancy.
- Facilities for Research and Development activities exist in all the Departments and Centres. These are being continuously modernized with contemporary equipment and services. Good facilities also exist for high performance computing. The Institute has a well-stocked library.
- Professional visits can be undertaken during vacation period for carrying out scientific research work.
- Flexible Sabbatical Leave facility to collaborate with other researchers and industry.
- Medical Insurance for cashless in-patient treatment in leading hospitals and free outpatient support in the well-equipped Institute Hospital for the employees and their dependents.
- Extending into an area of 320 acres, the campus is imaginatively laid out with a picturesque landscape with clean and wide roads. Most of the day-to-day facilities are available on the Campus including banks, post office, small shopping centre, play school, Crèche for children, hospital, sports facilities including a swimming pool and vast playgrounds for field games. Cultural facilities include film clubs, classical music societies, debating and drama, hobbies club and the Staff Club.
- Candidates employed in Government and Semi-Government Organizations, Public Undertakings, University and Educational Institutions must apply with the consent of their present employers. If they anticipate unavoidable delay in their applications being forwarded through proper channel, they may submit advance copies of their applications through the portal with information to the Dean (Faculty), IIT Delhi or submit No Objection Certificate at the time of interview. All experience certificates mentioning designation, pay, and tenure must be duly signed and sealed by the employer.
- Candidates should submit their valid SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwBD/EWS certificates, issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format along with the application form in support of their claim. A current OBC-NCL/EWS certificate issued by the appropriate authority be submitted as per the prescribed format of Government of India.
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not fill any or all the posts advertised.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit based on qualifications, experience, and other academic achievements higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- The invitation to candidate for interview merely indicates that it is felt that he/she with others may be suitable for the post and conveys no assurance whatsoever that he/she will be recommended or selected, or his/her conditions specified in the application will be accepted.
- The Institute reserves the right to call for interview only those candidates shortlisted on the basis of their qualification, experience, research, publication records, and requirements of individual academic units. Thus, merely fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for an interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding the reason for not being called for interview/outcome of interview.
- The Institute may consider candidates whose area of specialization and specific qualification lie outside those stated herein, provided these persons have an outstanding record.
- Outstation candidates called for personal interview will be reimbursed to & fro 2-Tier AC Railway fare or economy class airfare by the shortest route, between the current place of duty/residence within India and Delhi. If coming from abroad for a personal interview, reimbursement will be limited to Rs.40,000/- (Rupees forty thousand only) or the actual fare whichever is less based on the shortest route to Delhi. Air tickets should be booked through the following agencies.
- M/S Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd
- M/S Ashoka Travels and Tours
- M/S Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.
- The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the application. If it is found later that any information given in the application is incorrect, appointment is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
- Candidates can get in touch with the Head of the concerned academic unit for additional information.
Annexure – I of Rolling Advertisement No. IITD/2023/AP-2 Dated 15.11.2023
Institute minimum shortlisting criteria for an Assistant Professor (Grade I and Grade II):
- Ph.D. with 3 years’ experience (excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.) only for Grade I.
- For Grade II, PhD. is the qualifying requirement.
- First class or equivalent grade in preceding degree in respective discipline, with a consistently good academic record.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate well.
- Maximum age is 35 years for male and 38 years for female candidates (to be relaxed by 5 years in case of persons with physical disability, SC and ST and 3 years in case of OBC-NCL).
- At least 4 refereed conference/journal papers, of which at least 2 should be in reputed journals.
- Individual academic units may have additional shortlisting criteria and can be seen below.
Areas in which applications are sought in academic units with additional shortlisting criteria:
|S. No.||Academic Unit||Areas||Additional Criteria for Shortlisting in the Academic Unit|
|1||DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED MECHANICS||Solid mechanics, Fluid mechanics, Design engineering and interdisciplinary areas of mechanics including but not restricted to Product design, Biomechanics, Multiscale mechanics, Multifunctional materials and structures, Structural health monitoring, soft robotics, Machine learning in mechanics, Two- phase flows, Environmental fluid flows, Granular flows, Turbulence, Solid-fluid interactions, etc.||Publication Record: Minimum 4 papers with at least 3 in reputed journal. Academic background: At least one degree from Engineering Discipline.|
|2||DEPARTMENT OF BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING & BIOTECHNOLOGY||Chemical or Biochemical engineers having interest in biological systems and competence in teaching chemical and biochemical engineering courses. Applicants with expertise in areas such as Metabolic engineering, synthetic biology, enzyme and bioprocess technology,||Publication Record: Published at least 3 original research articles in reputed journals as first author. Academic background: Chemical Engineering or Biochemical Engineering. Special Consideration for Bioreaction Engineering or Metabolic Engineering or Bioseparations. Exceptional candidates in other areas will beconsidered.|
|bioreactors, and downstream processing.|
|3||DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING||All areas of Chemical Engineering.||Publication Record: Minimum 4 with at least 3 as first author with impact factor at least 3.0. Academic background: Required Bachelor’s in B.Tech or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or allied areas such as Biochemical Engineering and/or Biotechnology, and Petroleum Engineering/ Technology and/or PetrochemicalsEngineering/ Technology. Additional: The Applicants who have completed their Ph.D from IIT Delhi, should have at least 3 years of post-doctoral or research experience outside of IIT Delhi|
|4||DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY||Biochemistry||Publication Record: Minimum 8 publications with at least4 as first author.|
|5||DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING||Environmental: Solid and Hazardous Waste Engg., Air Pollution Control Engg., Water and Wastewater Engg. Geotechnical: Geo-environmental Engg., Rock Engg. Structures: Structural Engg. Construction Materials, Construction Management including Project Management; Transportation: Transportation and Traffic Planning, Transportation and Traffic Engg., Pavement Engg. Water Resources: Water Resources Engg., including remote sensing/GIS, and numerical modelling in hydraulics, hydrology, and groundwater.||Publication Record: Minimum 6 and at least 4 in reputed Journals. Academic background: Bachelor’s degree in engineeringor technology in Civil/ Construction/ environment/ Structural/ Infrastructure or any other relevant degree in Engineering or Technology with PhD in the relevant area. First class with minimum 65% marks or CGPA of 6.5/10 throughout in all the degrees before Ph.D.|
|6||DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING||Priority areas for hiring are quantum computing, computational and systems biology, security and cryptography, autonomous intelligent systems, scientific computing, architecture and design automation, formal methods and static analysis, compiler design and optimization, embedded and cyber-physical systems,||Publication Record: At least 4 papers in reputed journals/peer- reviewed conferences. Should have demonstrated overall quality of research workand its impact and relevance to CSE.|
|parallel and distributed computing and systems, networks, databases and data analytics, human computer interaction, collaborative computing and computational neuroscience. Outstanding candidates in other areas of computer science will also be considered. Candidates with an interdisciplinary or applied research focus are expected to demonstrate a strong research profile in core computer science areas.|
|7||DEPARTMENT OF DESIGN||We are looking for candidates specialising in all areas of Design including Industrial design, Communication design, Interaction design, and other relevant Design domains. Candidates should have an educational background in Design.||Criteria of Evaluation: Expertise of DesignPotential of TeachingDesign PracticeDesign Research|
|8||DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING||In all areas of Electrical Engineering including Electronics & Circuits, Control &Automation, Communication, Computer Engineering, Power Systems, Power Electronics, Machines & Drives.||Academic background: Basic (Bachelor’s/Master’s) degree must be in one of the following (or in equivalent specialization): 1) B.Tech. Electrical Engineering 2) B.Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering 3) B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering 4) B.Tech. Control/Instrumentation 5) B.Tech. Computer Science 6) B.Tech. Information Technology 7) B.Tech. Energy Studies 8) M.Sc. Physics (Electronics Specialization) 9) Integrated Master’s degree or equivalent in these areas. (10) The basic degree can be in any other engineering discipline or M.Sc. Physics (Electronics Specialization) with Master’s and/or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronics Engineering/Computer Science & Engineering for exceptional cases. (11) In the case of specialization in Control Engineering, in view of its interdisciplinary nature, degrees in other engineering disciplines can be considered with minor area in Electrical Engineering/Electronics Engineering/Computer Science & Engineering for exceptional cases.|
|Additional: (1) First class or equivalent grade in all degrees in respective discipline with a consistently good academic record. (2) Potential for very good teaching. (3) Shortlisting as special case: i) Granted patents in lieu of journal papers ii) age more than 35|
|9||DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY SCIENCE & ENGINEERING||Renewable Energy Technologies, Energy Storage, Electrical Power Systems, Power Electronics, Electrical Machines and Drives, Control and Instrumentation for Energy Applications, Electronic Devices, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, and Combustion pertaining to Energy Systems. Plasma Science and Technology, Experimental Plasma Science and Technology, Solar Photovoltaic Devices, Solar Thermal Technology.||Publication Record: Minimum 5 with at least 3 in reputed journals. Academic background: The eligible essential undergraduate academic degree for all the positions: Chemical EngineeringElectrical Engineering /Electrical and Electronics EngineeringEnergy EngineeringMechanical EngineeringPhysics (at PG level)Energy Science and Engineering (at PG level)|
|10||DEPARTMENT OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES||Economics: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, international trade, and public finance. Linguistics: Semantics, Phonology, Morphology, Syntax, Language Acquisition, Computational linguistics, Psycholinguistics, Neurolinguistics. Philosophy: All sub- disciplines of philosophy, with a special focus on the following areas: ethics, metaphysics, history of philosophy, political philosophy, philosophy of law, logic, epistemology, philosophy of mind, environmental philosophy, feminist philosophy, philosophy of culture, philosophy of religion, philosophy of technology, and philosophy of science. Applications are especially welcome from philosophers with access to philosophical texts in non-English languages, and who belong to diverse traditions of philosophy in different parts of the world.||Detailed criteria for reputed journals considered by the department may be found in Annexure-III.|
|Psychology: Social Psychology, Positive Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Neuropsychology, Computational Psychology; exceptional candidates in other specializations of Psychology may also apply.|
|11||DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES||Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Econometrics, Simulation Modelling, Probabilistic/Stochastic Modelling, Service Operations, Behavioural Modelling, The Future of Work & Workforce, Normative Ethical and Sustainable Processes, Positive Organizational Psychology, Business Analytics – Big Data / Natural Language Processing / Deep Learning / AI Digital Transformation – loT / Blockchain / Information Security Management Extended Reality and Digital Platforms, Entrepreneurial Finance, Strategic Management, Technology Management, Strategic Innovations, Strategic Entrepreneurship, Marketing Research and Marketing Analytics||Reputed Journals: Rating A and above in ABDC Journal Quality3 and above in Academic Journal Guide1.00 and above as Thompson Reuters1.5 and above in Scopus|
|12||DEPARTMENT OF MATERIAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING||All areas of Materials Science including but not limited to the following: Electron microscopy, functional and structural ceramics, Materials for renewable and sustainable technology, process modelling, Organic and Hybrid electronics, semiconductor processing, crystal growth and epitaxy, thermodynamic modelling of materials, atomistic and coarse grain modelling on metals and functional materials, polymer rheology and processing, materials||Publication Record: At least 7 publications (relaxation canbe considered in the case of exceptional candidates) in reputed refereed journals, with at least 3 publications as first communication author in the last 3 years. Research Area should be relevant to the current requirement of research and/ or teaching in the department. Academic background: All faculty applicants should have agood academic track record with at least 60% marks at all levels.|
|degradation, and corrosion.|
|13||DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS||Probability, Statistics, Optimization, Large Scientific Computing, Theoretical Computer Science, Cryptography, Functional Analysis and Operator Theory||Publication Record: Minimum 5 Journal indexed in JCR/ AMS/ Scopus (4 in reputed journals*) atleast 1 paper published within the 2 yrs. Prior to the date of application. *Reputed Journal Criteria at least 0.5 JCR impact factor as published by Thomson Reutersat least 0.4 MCQ as published by AMS mathSciNetQ1, Q2 list of journals of SJR (Scopus) in the subject area). Academic background: Master’s Degree in Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ Operations Research/ Statistics/ Computer Science and Bachelor’s Degree in (B.Sc/ B.A/ B.Tech/ B.S. in Science or engineering/ technology). In case of a candidate having only a Bachelor’s degree before a PhD,he/she must have a first class meaning more than 60% or a 6/10 CGPA. Additional: If an applicant has been awarded Ph.D from IITDelhi, then the candidate must have a three year gap from the date of defending the thesis.|
|14||DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING||All areas of Design, Production, Thermofluids and Industrial Engineering – Operations Research & Analytics that are aligned with the current and projected research areas of the department.|
|15||DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS||Quantum Information and Technology, Optics and Photonics, Atomic and Molecular Physics, Plasma Physics, Astrophysics, Experimental High Energy Physics, Experimental Semiconductor Physics, and Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics (including Soft Matter and Statistical Physics).||Publication Record: Minimum10 in Journals of repute with impact factor > or = to 1.5 atleast 4 papers as first author ORMin 8 with impact factor > or = to 1.5 at least 4 papers as first author and cumulative impact factor (of the 8 papers) >or = 20.|
|16||DEPARTMENT OF TEXTILE & FIBRE ENGINEERING||Textile Engineering, Textile Technology, Textile Chemistry, Fibre Science &Technology, and other Engineering and Science (such as Civil, Mechanical,||Publication Record: At least 4 refereed SCI indexed journals papers. Additional: Those who have applied in the last one year for|
|Chemical, Electrical/Electronics, Materials, Polymers, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biosciences and Management) with demonstrated research experience in areas relevant to textiles and fibres.||Assistant Professor Position, and not shortlisted/ Selected on any criteria other than experience, shall not be considered for one year from the date of interview of that round of selection.|
|17||CENTRE FOR ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES (CAS)||Modelling and data assimilation in oceanography; Biogeochemical cycles; Weather and climate forecasting; and Meteorological observations. Exceptional candidates in all the other areas of atmospheric and oceanic sciences will also be considered.||Publication Record: At least 4 high-quality papers relevantto CAS in reputed journals demonstrating excellence in scientific research. Additional: Candidates who have previously been approvedfor Stage-II interaction will not be considered unless there isa substantial improvement in their research profile.|
|18||CENTRE FOR AUTOMOTIVE RESEARCH AND TRIBOLOGY (CART)||Vehicular Telematics and Embedded System for EVs, Connected and Autonomous EVs, Vehicle Propulsion, Automotive body design and crash analysis, Automotive Component Design.||Publication Record: At least 4 refereed journals papers inthe advertised area (area suitable to the theme of centre). Academic background: Minimum 4 years undergraduate(bachelor’s degree) in an engineering discipline is a must.|
|19||CENTRE FOR SENSORS, INSTRUMENTATION AND CYBER-PHYSICAL SYSTEM ENGINEERING (SeNSE)||See details in Annexure-IV||Publication Record: At least 8 refereed conference/ journal papers (of which at least 5 should be in reputed journals), atleast 3 reputed journals in the last 3 years, at least 3 reputedjournals as the first author. Additional: Should not have been interviewed in the last 1year (previous two cycles).|
|20||TRIP-Centre (Transportation Research and InjuryPrevention Centre)||Transport planning and traffic safety, Automotive safety, Impact biomechanics, sustainable transport safety; vehicular pollution, transport economics, transport geography (statistics/epidemiology with a focus on population and demographics). The overall emphasis of the Centre is on adverse health effects of road transport||Publication Record: Journals listed in SCOPUS considered as reputed journals. Single author bookpublished by a reputed publisher such as University press, will be considered equivalent to 4 peer review journal publications. Additional: Candidates who appeared for Stage II interactions will not be considered for shortlisting for a period of one year starting from their date of presentation. Moratorium of 3 years for candidates with Ph.D from IIT Delhi|
|21||OPTICS AND PHOTONICS CENTRE||Optical Imaging and displays, Fiber Optics, Integrated Optics, Optical Communication, Optical Sensors, Laser Science and Technology,||Publication Record: Minimum 8, at least 4 as first author(all in journals with IF> or =1.0|
|Ultrafast Optics, Silicon Photonics, Photonic integrated circuits, Nanophotonics, Plasmonics, Biophotonics, Green Photonics, Statistical Optics, Quantum Photonics, Terahertz Photonics, Optical Metamaterials, Nonlinear Optics, Optical Storage Devices, Photonic Devices, Optical Engineering, Optical Instrumentation and Metrology and other relevant areas.||Academic background: PhD in Optics and Photonics areas.|
|22||SCHOOL OF PUBLIC POLICY (SoPP)||The applicants must have a demonstrated track record of research in the area of public policy with a broad focus on Science, Technology & Innovation (STI) and Development, and expertise in one or more of the specific areas of (1) Energy & Environment (2) Health innovations & systems (3) Sustainable Habitats (4) Agriculture, Food & Water (5) Industry & Economy (6) Internet, Digital Information & Society (7) Innovation Systems & Processes, and (8) Technical Higher Education. For further details, please see http://spp.iitd.ac.in/||Publication Record: At least 4 S&T-oriented policy papers* in peer-reviewed journals/published proceedings of peer- reviewed conferences, with at least 2 in reputed journals. (*) Since authored books, edited volumes, and chapters in edited volumes are key channels of disseminating scholarly work by policy researchers and social scientists, such sources will be given appropriate consideration as to whether they are equivalent to journal publications. A chapter in a scholarly edited volume/book may be considered equivalent to a single journal paper (and an authored book to more than one journal paper), subject tosuch works being deemed equivalent to not more than 5 journal papers.|
|23||SCHOOL OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (ScAI)||In all areas of artificial intelligence, Subareas of interest include (but are not limited to) deep learning, reinforcement learning, probabilistic models, data mining, information retrieval, multi-agent systems, knowledge representation and reasoning, mathematical foundations of AI, ethics of AI, applied AI such as NLP, computer vision, robotics, AI on the edge, etc., and applications of AI to domain areas such as healthcare, agriculture, education, industry 4.0, etc. ScAI strongly encourages applicants with demonstrated track-record of working at the intersection of an application area and the AI fields. More details are found at http://www.scai.iitd.ac.in||Publication Record: At least 4 Indexed Journal/Conference papers. At least 2 of these papers should be at reputed venues. The candidate should have demonstrated overall quality of research work, and its impact and relevance for AI.|
SeNSE – Centre for Sensors, Instrumentation and Cyber-Physical System Engineering
The Centre is currently seeking applications from outstanding researchers and professionals with a strong academic background, excellent teaching ability, capability to conduct and lead independent world class research, a proven/demonstrated history of hands-on product and prototype development at the individual and team level and of building world-class research facilities, and a demonstrated record of original contributions in terms of high quality publications, patents or product design/development activities performed at academic institutions or industry in the following priority areas:
Mixed signal ICs and circuits: Electronic circuit design (analog and digital), microprocessor / microcontroller based product design and testing, small signal conditioning, knowledge of EMI/EMC and signal interfacing, applied signal processing for instrumentation, CAD and simulation / HIL.
Sensors and Smart Systems, sensor networking and interfacing, mixed signal processing including DSP, Embedded systems including Application Specific Design, Design of electronic systems, Industrial quality control, signal and image processing, non-destructive testing, Instrumentation and Control, Sensor systems and sub-systems.
Cyber-physical systems: The preferred background is a PhD in EE/ECE/CSE/CS and allied areas / inter-disciplinary areas relevant to cyber-physical systems with a strong background in systems development, including algorithmic aspects.
Smart user- and environment-aware infrastructure, Monitoring techniques and novel sensing technologies for modeling; Big data, data reliability and trust with emphasis on their application; Smart manufacturing (optimized production systems through enhanced sensorisation, networking machines, products, vehicles and people); Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence applied to health applications/public health, genetics and biological networks, Internet of Things (IoT), energy autonomous IoTs, resilient IoT and security of the Internet of Things, e.g., in the context of vehicular networks, the energy grid, the smart home, and other similar smart connected systems.
Communications for sensors/sensor systems: Applied research in communications (RF/Microwave, SONAR, Wireless Communications, Optical Communications) for advanced sensors and sensor systems, Applied research in Sensor and ad-hoc networks
Robotics/Mechatronics/Control Systems: Robotics, Mechatronics, Robotic/Mechatronic devices integrated with sensors and sensor systems, Precision Machining/Fabrication, Instrumentation and Control, Nonlinear and Adaptive Control, Learning-based Control.
MOEMS/Sensors: Preferred background is a PhD in EE/Physics/allied areas. Currently, we are looking for interests in system level aspects of sensors and their integration. Candidates with an interest in fabrication / packaging / material aspects of sensor devices and microelectronics are advised to seek a primary appointment with Units of IIT Delhi which have fabrication facilities such as EE, CARE, Dept of Materials Science and a joint appointment with SENSE.