MGCU Recruitment 2023: Teaching Posts. Mahatma Gandhi Central University, Motihari (Bihar). MGCUB Recruitment 2023: Notification, Career, Salary,.
Mgcu recruitment 2023 teaching posts pdf, Mgcu recruitment 2023 teaching posts list, Mgcu recruitment 2023 teaching posts date mgcub holiday list 2023, mgcubcuet.samarth.edu.in pg, mgcubcuet.samarth.edu.in ug, mahatma gandhi central university ranking, mahatma gandhi central university registration date
Table of Contents
Important Dates: MGCU Recruitment 2023
|Link for submission of Online Application Form on the portal https://curec.samarth.ac.in will be available from:||12th November 2023 (Sunday)|
|Last date of submission of filled-in applications through Online Mode – ‘CU Chayan Portal’:||2nd December 2023 (Saturday)|
|Last date of submission of self-attested hard copy of the online application form along with all relevant supporting documents/enclosures: [Note: Each page of the Application Form along with annexures should be self-attested]||12th December 2023 (Tuesday)|
Mahatma Gandhi Central University, Motihari invites applications in the “prescribed proforma” through Online Mode on ‘CU Chayan Portal’, from interested and eligible candidates for various teaching positions in following Teaching Departments under the School of Social Sciences, to be filled up on regular/permanent basis as per details given below:
|Sl. No.||Name of the Teaching Department||Post Code||Name of the Post||Number of Posts Advertised|
|2.||SSS2011||Associate Professor||1 (SC)|
|3.||SSS3012||Assistant Professor||1 (OBC) + *1 (UR)|
|4.||Gandhian & Peace Studies||SSS3022||Assistant Professor||1 (ST) + 1 (OBC)|
|5.||Social Work||SSS1031||Professor||1 (OBC)|
|6.||SSS2032||Associate Professor||2 (UR)|
|7.||SSS3031||Assistant Professor||1 (UR)|
|9.||Sociology||SSS2041||Associate Professor||1 (OBC)|
|10.||Political Science||SSS1051||Professor||1 (UR)|
* Leave Vacancy
[Abbreviations: ST – Scheduled Tribe; SC – Scheduled Caste; OBC – Other Backward Class; PwBD –
Person with Benchmark Disabilities; EWS – Economically Weaker Section; and UR – Unreserved]
‘Leave Vacancy’ likely to be continued if the lien is vacated by the Lien holder or terminated by the University.
Note: In the event of repatriation of the incumbent maintaining the lien, the appointment made against the leave vacancy shall stand terminated forthwith.
Pay Level: MGCU Recruitment 2023: Teaching Posts
|Name of the Post||Pay Matrix [as per 7th CPC]|
|Professor||Academic Level – 14 [Rs.1,44,200 – 2,18,200]|
|Associate Professor||Academic Level – 13A [Rs.1,31,400 – 2,17,100]|
|Assistant Professor||Academic Level – 10 [Rs.57,700 – 1,82,400]|
Application Processing Fee: MGCU Recruitment 2023: Teaching Posts
Applicants are required to deposit a non-refundable application processing fee through the designated payment gateway by Internet Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card etc., as per detail given below:
|Category||Application Processing Fee (in INR)|
|UR/OBC/EWS||Rs.2,000.00 [Rupees Two Thousand] only|
|PwBD [minimum disability 40% or above]||Exempted|
Note: The application processing fee once paid shall not be refunded at any stage.
Minimum Qualifications: MGCU Recruitment 2023: Teaching Posts
Minimum Educational Qualifications, Experience and Publication etc. for all the posts shall be applicable as prescribed by the “UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and Other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education 2018 (hereinafter
referred to as UGC Regulations 2018); amended Regulations 2023 (2nd Amendment) and concerned statutory bodies as amended from time to time. For details, the concerned website be referred to.
- Essential Qualifications for the post of PROFESSOR: Eligibility (A) or (B):
- An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer reviewed or UGC listed journals and a total research score of one hundred twenty (120) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2 of UGC Regulations 2018 [ANNEXURE – 1].
- A minimum of ten years’ of teaching experience in university/college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and/or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having (i) at least one (01) successfully awarded doctoral candidate as Main Supervisor; or (ii) at least two (02) successfully awarded doctoral candidate as Co-Supervisor.
(B) An outstanding professional, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/ applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in A above)/industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided (s)he has ten years’ experience.
Essential Qualifications for the post of ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: Eligibility: MGCU Recruitment 2023
- A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/ relevant disciplines.
- A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC listed journals and a total research score of seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2 of UGC Regulations 2018 [ANNEXURE – 1].
- Essential Qualifications for the post of ASSISTANT PROFESSOR: Eligibility (A) or (B):
- A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 or 2022 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/ SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note 1: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such master’s programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
Note 2: The National Eligibility Test (NET) or an accredited test (State Level Eligibility Test – SLET/SET) shall remain the minimum eligibility for appointment of Assistant Professor and equivalent positions wherever provided in UGC Regulations. Further, SLET/ SET shall be valid as the minimum eligibility for direct recruitment to Universities/Colleges/Institutions in the respective state only.
- The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
- The Times Higher Education (THE)
- The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Note: The Academic score as specified in Appendix II (Table 3A) of UGC Regulations 2018 [ANNEXURE – 2] for universities shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview only, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview.
Desirable Areas of Specializations and Concerned/Allied/Relevant Disciplines for Recruitment of Teaching Posts:
|Name of the Teaching Department||Master’s Degree||Ph.D. Degree|
|Economics||Economics||Econometrics/ Applied Economics/ Financial Economics||None||Economics||Econometrics/ Applied Economics/ Financial Economics||None||Econometrics/ Applied Economics/ Financial Economics|
|Gandhian & Peace Studies||Gandhian & Peace Studies||Political Science||Political Science, Non- Violence and Peace, Philosophy and History, International Politics and Security Studies||Gandhian & Peace Studies||Political Science||Political Science, Non- Violence and Peace, Philosophy and History, International Politics and Security Studies||None|
|Social Work||Social Work||Social Work||None||Social Work||None||None||None|
|Political Science||Political Science||None||None||Political Science||None||None||None|
Note: The Scrutiny Committee may also consider other disciplines of respective subject/area as concerned/allied/ relevant/applied (apart from the above) while scrutinizing the applications.
- Interested and eligible candidates may apply in “prescribed proforma” through Online Mode on CU Chayan Portal: https://curec.samarath.ac.in. Application forms must be filled only in online mode within the prescribed time limit. No offline forms would be accepted.
- Submission of hard copy of application is mandatory: Although applications are invited by online mode through CU Chayan Portal, yet the candidates are to submit self-attested hard copy of the duly submitted online application form alongwith copies of all the relevant supporting documents claiming by them in their application form related to education qualification, teaching experience, API, etc. to the University through Registered/Speed Post in an envelope superscribed as “Application for the post of……………………………………………………………… [Name of the Teaching Department]”.
Note: Each page of the Application Form along with annexures should be self- attested.
This Registered/Speed Post should reach the University (at the address given below) within 10 days of last date fixed for submission of application form through online mode on CU Chayan Portal:
The OSD (Administration) Mahatma Gandhi Central University Dr Ambedkar Administrative Building Raghunathpur, Near OP Thana, Motihari
District – East Champaran, Bihar – 845 401 (INDIA)
- Persons already in employment (i.e., Central Government/State Government/ Autonomous Bodies/PSUs etc.) must apply “Through Proper Channel” and/or produce ‘NOC’ from their present employer at the time of interview.
- The date of determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect will be the last date of submission of online application. Changes in Regulations on qualification, experience, age, calculation/application of API scores etc. issued by the UGC/concerned Statutory Body subsequent to this Advertisement will become mandatory from the respective dates of effect prescribed. Applicants are advised to visit the University/UGC/concerned Statutory Body/Ministry of Education Websites for latest revision/changes which will be applicable at the time of interview.
- Important Notice for candidates who have applied earlier: The positions advertised by the university earlier for aforesaid teaching departments for which Selection Committee could not be held, have now been cancelled/ withdrawn.
Accordingly, the applicants who have applied earlier against these teaching positions are required to apply afresh along with requisite application processing fee.
- The qualifications and other conditions prescribed in the present advertisement are in accordance with the latest guidelines prescribed by concerned statutory/ regulatory bodies and are subject to any future regulations/norms/guidelines, including amendments in the present regulations, stipulated by the Ministry of Education/UGC applicable to such recruitments which may change from time to time.
- Applicants should possess the prescribed qualifications and experience as on the closing date of application, as prescribed by the University from time to time for the respective posts.
- A minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) at the Master’s level shall be the essential qualification for direct recruitment of teachers and other equivalent cadres at any level.
- A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy Layer)/PwBD [(a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid-attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d)including deaf- blindness] for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
- A relaxation of 5% shall be provided (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to19thSeptember 1991.
- A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized University, at the Master’s level shall also be considered valid.
- The time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. and/or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching/research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions. Further the period of active service spent on pursuing Research Degree simultaneously with teaching assignment without taking any kind of leave, shall be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment. An undertaking to this effect is required to be submitted by the candidate in the prescribed format duly countersigned by the concerned University/Institution [ANNEXURE – 3].
- Applicant applying for the post of Assistant Professor with Ph.D. Degree awarded in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 or 2022 are required to submit a certificate in the prescribed format [ANNEXURE – 4] from the concerned University to the effect that their Ph.D. degree is compliant of ‘UGC (Minimum standards and procedure for awards of M.Phil./Ph.D. degree) Regulation 2009. Applicant applying for the post of Assistant Professor who have registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall submit a certificate in the prescribed format [ANNEXURE – 5] from concerned University/Institution in accordance with the University Grants Commission on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and Other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education (3rd Amendment) Regulations2016.
- Applicants who have been awarded Ph.D. Degree from Foreign Universities should enclose “Equivalence Certificate” issued by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi without which their candidature will not be considered, and application will summarily be rejected. However, the persons who have acquired Ph.D. Degree from Foreign University through nomination by the Ministry of Education, Government of India (erstwhile Ministry of Human Resource Development) foreign scholarship programme will be exempted from the Equivalence Certificate.
- The teaching experience shall be considered only after the date of fulfilling the minimum educational qualification as required for the post(s). The teaching experience shall be considered as per the criteria given below:
- Educational qualification possessed by applicant at the time of applying for his/her previous appointment must be in accordance with the then prevailing regulations/norms prescribed by UGC/respective statutory body as required for the previous post held.
- No distinction shall be made on account of nature of management of institutions (Private/Local Body/Government) where previous service was rendered while considering the teaching/research experience.
- Teaching experience rendered as Resource Person/Expert Lecturer/ Visiting Faculty/Guest Faculty of any duration (either on prescribed pay scale/consolidated salary) shall not be considered for the post of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor on direct recruitment basis.
- Only the teaching experience at college/university/higher education level (as Lecturer/Reader/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, as the case may be) shall be considered for direct recruitment to teaching position. The teaching experience in intermediate colleges at 10+2 level/classes shall not be considered as teaching experience for recruitment to any teaching post on direct recruitment basis.
- Research Experience in a University/College/Accredited Research Institute in the prescribed pay scale shall be considered for Direct Recruitment to the post of Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (as the case may be) subject to the fulfilment of all other conditions in accordance with relevant UGC Regulations.
- The teaching experience must be in the relevant/concerned/applied/allied discipline/department/subject (as the case may be) as per Employment Notice/Advertisement only.
- The Experience Certificate(s) should have a clear mention of designation/ post held, nature of employment (Regular/Ad-hoc/Temporary/ Contractual etc.), pay scale/consolidated salary, duration of experience and a certification to the effect that the appointment has been made through proper selection procedure as per relevant guidelines prescribed by Ministry of Education/UGC/concerned statutory body. Otherwise, Experience Certificate shall not be taken into consideration for the post of Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor.
Note: The Experience Certificate must be issued by the concerned Competent Authority.
- While considering teaching experience/research experience, the screening committees and/or document verification committees shall verify following documents while verifying the Documents:
- Experience Certificate (as per Para G)
- Appointment Letter
- NOC from the Employer (If needed)
- The Awards granted by any Government Institute/Government Agency/ Government Universities/International Universities/Government of India recognised National Level Bodies shall only be considered for calculation of Academic and Research Score.
- The candidate selected will give an undertaking on joining that while discharging duties and responsibilities, (s)he shall not disclose any confidential office matter.
- In case of unsatisfactory performance, misconduct or on ground of misbehaviour, the appointing authority may at its discretion extend the period of probation by one year. In case there is no perceptible improvement despite all this, his/her services shall be terminated by giving one month’s notice or on payment of one month’s salary in lieu of notice. During probation, the employee concerned may also exercise his/her option to quit by giving one month’s notice or deposit one month’s salary in lieu of notice.
- No application for outside employment shall ordinarily be forwarded during the period of probation in case of a temporary employee of the University. However, in case his/her request has been considered by the Competent Authority of the University, an undertaking shall be obtained while forwarding the application that (s)he would resign from the post in the event of his/her selection in another department.
8.15 Applicants applying for more than one post/department must apply separately and pay fees, separately.
- Applicants must carefully read and follow the General Instructions to the Candidates accompanying the advertisement before submitting application in the online mode.
General Instructions to The Candidates: MGCU Recruitment 2023: Teaching Posts
- The direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in the Universities, shall be on the basis of merit through an all- India advertisement, followed by selection through a duly constituted Selection Committee as per the provisions made under latest guidelines prescribed by Ministry of Education/UGC/concerned statutory body.
- The Selection Committee may decide its own method for evaluating the performance of the candidates in interview.
- The applicant will be solely responsible for the authenticity of the submitted information through online mode on ‘CU Chayan Portal’.
- The prescribed qualifications and experience are minimum and mere fact that a candidate possesses the same, will not entitle him/her to be called for interview.
- Candidates must ensure the Advt. No., Post Name, and Post Code to be applied for, before applying on ‘CU Chayan Portal’.
- It shall be the responsibility of the candidate to assess his/her own eligibility for the post for which (s)he is applying in accordance with the prescribed qualifications, experiences and submit the application duly filled-in along with desired information and documents as per the advertisement.
Suppression of factual information or any document relating to the eligibility or otherwise as of a candidate, followed by supply of fake documents or providing false or misleading information in the application or tampering with the documents, or providing such information relating to the achievements, caste, education qualifications, experience or domicile, the University shall reserve the right to investigate/inquire into the matter. If any of these acts is found to be true, the candidates shall be disqualified for appointment to the post or if already appointed, his/her services shall be liable to be terminated forthwith with immediate effect.
- Incomplete applications or without relevant supporting enclosures (self-attested copies of degree/certificates/marks sheets/experience certificate, etc.) will be out-rightly rejected.
- Candidates are advised to fill their application form carefully such as Name, Father’s name, Date of Birth and Category, Qualification, Photo & Signature etc. Candidate will be responsible for any mistake in the data of application form and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- The appointment of a candidate shall be subject to the verification of antecedents, educational qualifications, experience, and medical fitness.
- The University reserves the right to:
- withdraw the advertisement either partly or wholly at any time without assigning any reason to this effect.fill or not to fill up some or all the posts advertised for any reasons whatsoever.increase/decrease the number of posts at the time of selection and make appointments accordingly. The number of posts advertised may be treated as tentative.decide criteria/procedure for short listing of the candidates, in case the University receives large number of applications, to restrict the candidates to be called before the Selection Committee for Interview to a reasonable number.
In case the University receives a large number of applications for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor, the University reserve the right to restrict the candidates to be called before the Selection Committee for Interview to a reasonable number on the basis of Written Examination. However, the final selection will be on the basis of performance of candidate in the interview only.
- consider “in absentia” candidature of those who may not have applied or who may have applied but are not able to appear for the interview.
- offer lower post to a candidate, who may have applied for a higher post, in case the Selection Committee recommends so.restrict the candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number on the basis of academic score which may be higher than the minimum prescribed as decided by duly constituted Screening Committee(s) and approved by the Competent Authority.alter/insert any corrections/additions in the advertisement/website in the event of any typographical error before the last date prescribed for the receipt of applications.
Reservation: MGCU Recruitment 2023: Teaching Posts
- Reservations for SC, ST, OBC, EWS, and PwBD shall be as per existing Government of India norms as amended from time to time. Candidates applying for these reserved posts should clearly state to which category they belong. They must also enclose a Certificate issued by Competent Authority as proof to this effect, without which the applications will not be considered.
- In case a candidate wants to claim benefits under the PwBD category, the candidate’s relevant disability should be not less than 40%. Proof to this effect must be enclosed with the application, without which the application will be treated as ‘General (Unreserved)’.
- The person with Degree of Disability of 40% and above are eligible for applying for the posts earmarked for persons with benchmark disabilities as under:
|Sl. No.||Category||Description||% of Reservation|
|1||a||Blindness and low vision||1%|
|2||b||Deaf and hard of hearing||1%|
|3||c||Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy||1%|
|4||d||Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness||1%|
|5||e||Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness in the posts identified for each disabilities|
- Candidates seeking reservation under SC/ST category are required to submit certificate on the format prescribed by the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training, New Delhi [ANNEXURE – 6].
- Candidates seeking reservation under PwBD category are required to submit certificate on the format prescribed by the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training, New Delhi [ANNEXURE – 7].
- Candidate applying for the post(s) reserved for OBC, must submit a self- attested copy of latest/recent caste certificate specifically mentioning Creamy Layer-exclusion in the format prescribed by Govt. of India, issued by Competent Authority [ANNEXURE – 8], vide Column 3 of G.O.I. Deptt. of Personnel and Training O.M. No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 8.9.1993 and modified vide DOPT’s O.M. No. 36033/3/2004-Estt.(Res) dated 9.3.2004, subsequently revised vide O.M. No. 36033/3/2004-Estt.(Res) dated 14.10.2008, O.M. No.36033/1/2013-Estt.(Res.) dated 27.05.2013 and O.M.
No. 36033/1/2013-Estt.(Res.) dated 13.09.2017, respectively, without which applications will not be considered. The form of Caste Certificate must be in the format as prescribed by the Govt. of India; otherwise, the application will be summarily rejected without further consideration.
- Candidate applying for the post(s) reserved for EWS, must submit a self-attested copy of certificate in the format prescribed by Govt. of India, issued by Competent Authority valid for the year 2023 [ANNEXURE – 9], vide Column 5 of G.O.I. Deptt. of Personnel and Training O.M. No. 36039/1/2019-Estt.(Res) dated 31.01.2019, without which applications will not be considered. The form of EWS Certificate must be in the format as prescribed by the Govt. of India; otherwise, the application will be summarily rejected without further consideration.
- The selected candidate shall produce a medical fitness certificate issued by a Govt. hospital/or Govt./CGHS empanelled hospital duly countersigned by the concerned civil surgeon or the Medical Superintendent/Director of the concerned hospital for Group B and C post and certificate from the Medical Board issued by a Govt. hospital/or Govt./CGHS empanelled hospital for Group A post, as the case may be, prior to joining of the candidate. In cases where a person has already been examined by a Medical Board in respect of his/her previous appointment and if standard of medical examination prescribed for the new post is the same, then the candidate is not required to undergo a fresh examination. For this purpose, the candidate has to submit a copy of the medical certificate duly countersigned by the designated officer of the University.
- Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt. of India, the University shall process the applications entirely on the basis of information/documents submitted by the candidates. In case the information/ documents are found to be false/incorrect by way of omission or commission, the responsibility and liability shall lie solely with the applicant and the applicant shall be liable for action as per law.
- Any change of address from the one given in the application form should at once be communicated to the University at [email protected].
- The list of eligible candidates and the list of not-eligible candidates (indicating the reason for being not-eligible) will be uploaded on the University Website after the scrutiny with the directions to the applicants that in case of any discrepancy/grievance they may bring the same to the notice of the University within the prescribed time period.
After taking into consideration the grievances/discrepancies, the scrutiny committee will finalise the list of eligible candidates on the basis of academic records, publications, experience and research score etc. as decided by the University. A final list of shortlisted candidates will be notified and published by the University on its website. Candidates residing abroad or having genuine reason(s) may be interviewed through Skype (or any other Video Conferencing mode) if request is made in advance.
- The information related to Date, Time and Venue of Interview/Written Examination shall be published on the University Website i.e., www.mgcub.ac.in ONLY.
- Call letter(s) to attend the interview will be sent to the shortlisted candidates by email only. No Correspondence will be made with applicants who are not short-listed/not called for interview. Therefore, the candidates are advised to check the University Website and their Email ID regularly.
- The University may draw a panel in the form of a waiting list to fill up a post. In case a candidate on higher merit regrets to join within a period of one year or resigns/dies after joining, within a period of one year, the offer shall be made to next candidate in the merit, if otherwise, to reduce the delay in filling up of the vacancies. Such a vacancy shall not be treated as fresh vacancy.
- Acceptance of documents submitted by an applicant shall be subject to verification by the competent authority. If any document is found to be false/ fake/incorrect either before or after appointment, the document shall be summarily rejected and/or action shall be initiated against the candidate which shall lead to cancellation of his/her appointment, as the case may be.The appointment of a candidate shall be subject to verification of character & antecedents and caste certificate by the competent authority. Until the verification report of character & antecedents and caste certificate is received, the appointment shall be treated as provisional. In case the report with regard to his/her conduct, character, antecedents, caste certificate etc., is found to be unsatisfactory or false, the appointment shall be cancelled/terminated forthwith.The selected candidates shall be required to perform duties as per the Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations of the University, as amended from time to time. The University shall be free to assign any duty as per the exigency of the situation at any time even during non-working hours/holidays which the employee shall have to perform without fail to avoid any disciplinary action.The person appointed against any post shall be governed by the Act/Statutes/ Ordinances/Rules of the University and the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964, CCS (CCA) Rule, 1965, or any other Rules of the Government of India, as amended from time to time and any other rule/resolution prescribed specifically for maintaining the conduct of the employee by the Executive Council of the University.
- The candidates selected shall be appointed under a written contract.
- The candidates selected for appointment are expected to join at the EARLIEST POSSIBLE.
9.25 Candidates must write their Email ID neatly and correctly for mailing written examination/interview/offer of appointment letter as attachment. The e-mail date will be considered as the official date of dispatch and receipt of communication. Candidates not having an e-mail-ID must create an Email ID and check it regularly for further communication.
- The following categories of persons shall not be eligible to apply for any position in the University:
- who has been convicted by any Court of Law or if any criminal proceedings are pending against him/her;
- who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living;
- who having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person. Provided that the Competent Authority of the University may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and there are other grounds for doing so, exempt any person from the operation of these rules; and
- any other category of person disqualified for appointment by the Government of India/UGC from time to time.
- No interim correspondence shall be entertained.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after issue of the appointment letter, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidates.
- The University shall not be responsible for any misplacement, omission etc. if two or more applications are put in one cover by the candidate.
- Applicants are advised to visit the University Website at regular intervals for the updates.
- No TA/DA shall be paid for attending interview.
- The terms and conditions of appointment shall be communicated to the candidate in the form of “Offer of Appointment” to selected candidates. If the candidate does not accept the terms and conditions mentioned in the offer of appointment within the stipulated time, the offer shall be treated as withdrawn.
- Any Addendum/dedendum/corrigendum/notices to this advertisement shall be published only on the University Website (www.mgcub.ac.in) and will not be published in the newspapers. Therefore, candidates are advised to check the University Website regularly.
- Though a selected candidate’s headquarters will be Motihari, District – East Champaran, Bihar, (s)he will be liable to serve anywhere in India.
- Fake Institutions: Candidates, who have obtained degrees or diplomas or certificates for various courses from any Institution declared fake by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi shall not be eligible for being considered for recruitment to the posts advertised.
- Canvassing in any form on behalf of the candidate shall be treated as a disqualification which shall lead to the cancellation of candidature.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Vice-Chancellor, Mahatma Gandhi Central University in all matter relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, conduct of examination/interview shall be final and no query or correspondence shall be entertained in this connection from any individual or his/her agency.
- In case of any disputes, any suites or legal proceedings against the University, the territorial jurisdiction shall be restricted to the Hon’ble High Court at Patna.
THE APPOINTMENT OF CANDIDATES ON REGULAR BASIS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY NEW PENSION SCHEME (NPS) (APPLICABLE ON ORGANIZATIONS ESTABLISHED ON OR AFTER 01.01.2004) AND AS SUCH EMPLOYEES COMING FROM PENSIONABLE ESTABLISHMENTS WOULD BE GOVERNED BY PENSION SCHEME OF THE PARENT DEPARTMENT TILL SUCH TIME, THEY RETAIN LIEN WITH THE PARENT ORGANIZATION.
MAHATMA GANDHI CENTRAL UNIVERSITY
[A Central University established by an Act of Parliament]
Advt. No.: MGCU/2023/R/T/SoSS/07 Dated: 12th November 2023
ADVERTISEMENT FOR RECRUITMENT TO TEACHING POSITION(S) UNDER THE
SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES