NIT Calicut Recruitment 2023: Faculty Posts. Faculty Recruitment – November 2023 (Advertisement No.:NITC/P1/456/FR/2023/02 dated 15/11/2023).
NIT Calicut Recruitment 2023: Faculty Posts
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut is an Institute of National importance for quality education in Architecture, Engineering, Management, and Science. Online applications are invited from Indian nationals/Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) for faculty positions in various disciplines of Architecture, Engineering, Management, and Science of the Institute.
Candidates with a good and consistent academic record, motivated for teaching, research, outreach, and committed to institutional development may apply.
Reservations for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS candidates will be applicable as per the Govt. of India norms. Interested candidates must fill and submit the application form online.
Important dates : NIT Calicut Recruitment 2023: Faculty Posts
Last date for submission of online application : 30/11/2023(11.00 PM)
Instructions to Candidates Ministry of Education (MHRD) – Faculty Recruitment Rules Clarifications on Recruitment rules (MHRD Letter No. F.No.33-9/2011-TS.III dated 16/04/2019) Link to Recruitment Portal Link to SBI Collect
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS / INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES
Candidates are advised to read all the instructions carefully before filling up the application.
1. Applications are invited from Indian Nationals/Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) for the post of Assistant Professor – Grade II (Pay Level 10) in the following Departments/Schools/ Multidisciplinary areas:
1. Architecture and Planning
2. Civil Engineering
3. Computer Science and Engineering
4. Electrical Engineering
5. Electronics and Communication Engineering
6. Management Studies
7. Material Science and Engineering
9. Mechanical Engineering
10. Multidisciplinary areas
2. The vacancy in faculty positions available in the Institute are as follows:
3. The reservation policy of Government of India regarding SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/EWS & Persons with Disabilities (PwD) will be applicable. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/EWS category should attach a photocopy of the certificate obtained from Revenue authorities not below the rank of Tahasildar or from a First-Class Magistrate of the place of domicile of the candidates clearly authenticating the category to which they belong. OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate / Income and Asset certificate for EWS shall be obtained on or after 01/04/2023. Applications without any valid caste/community or non-creamy layer certificates will be considered in the GENERAL category. The PwD category candidates should attach a photocopy of the certificate obtained from the Medical Board concerned, including the percentage of their infirmity. Candidates must also clearly indicate the category to which they belong in the application form. Persons with disability having a percentage above the minimum specified by the Government of India shall only be eligible for the benefit of reservation. For the purpose of reservation of post, the Institution will be regarded as one unit.
4. Detailed educational qualifications, experience, and other criteria for selection shall be according to the recruitment rules for Faculty in NITs as per Schedule E of the first statutes of the NITs (amendment statutes 2017) issued vide Gazette of India dated 24th July 2017, and clarification issued by Ministry of Education dated 16th April 2019.
5. Prescribed minimum qualifications and experience for faculty positions are given in Annexure-I. Preferred areas of specialization in various departments/schools are given in Annexure-II.
6. Candidates applying for more than one department are required to submit separate application forms.
7. Applicants under the General and OBC category have to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 2500/- per application, and applicants under SC, ST, PwD, and EWS category have to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 1000/- per application. Indian nationals applying from abroad can apply with a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 5000/- per application. Application fees have to be paid through “SBI Collect”.
8. Candidates attending the presentations and/or interview have to appear in person at the Institute at their own cost, which will be separately notified to the candidates.
9. Candidates who have acquired Ph.D. degree from NITC can apply only after having at least 3 years of Post-Ph.D. experience outside NITC.
10. Besides the basic pay in the applicable pay level of the respective positions, admissible allowances like DA, TA, Children Education Allowance, benefits of LTC, etc., are payable in accordance with the Central Government/Institute Rules in force from time to time. Fresh appointees will be covered under the New Pension Scheme (NPS-2004) as per Government of India rules.
11. For candidates joining the institute, a Professional Development Allowance (PDA) of Rupees 3 lakhs for every block period of 3 years (Rupees one lakh per year) is made available to every member of the faculty on reimbursable basis to meet the expenses for participation in national and international conferences, membership fee of professional bodies, etc.
12. Period of probation will be one year, which may be extended by the Board of Governors of NIT Calicut depending on the performance during the first year.
13. The preferable age limit for Assistant Professor – Grade II (Pay Level 10) is 36 years as on 31st Dec. 2023. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/PwD will be as per the Government of India norms.
14. One of the qualifying degrees of the candidate in UG/PG/PhD should be from any one of the centrally funded institutions in India. However, candidates with an exceptionally brilliant academic/research records with an ongoing or approved externally funded research projects are also encouraged to apply.
15. Candidates who appeared for interview for the faculty positions at NIT Calicut vide Advertisement No.: P1/456/FR/2023 dated 24/04/2023 and not selected, need not apply.
16. Candidates with PhD thesis submitted, and are likely to receive the degree by December 2023 are also encouraged to apply. However, the proof of award of PhD must be produced on or before 31st December 2023.
17. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates shortlisted for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of quality of institutions studied, academic brilliance, and quality of research publications.
18. Mere fulfillment of the required qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for presentation/interview. The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any of the positions.
19. The Screening Committee shall shortlist the eligible and most desirable candidates to be called for presentation/interview amongst the applicants, based on specialization, availability of candidates, and requirements of the departments. In doing so, it shall not be bound by the options exercised by the applicants.
20. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature of the applicant.
21. Selected candidates for the above faculty positions will be fixed in the minimum basic pay as per norms.
22. More than six months of experience in a regular position in an Institution of repute or any organization with a pay scale will only be considered as total experience. Experience rendered on part-time, daily wages or as visiting faculty will not be counted as experience.
23. All degree certificates should be from recognized Universities / Institutes. Candidates should have a first class from Bachelor’s degree onwards. Candidate’s UG/PG degree should be relevant to the department concerned.
24. Candidates presently employed must apply through a proper channel OR shall provide a “No Objection Certificate” while applying or at the time of interview, failing which they will not be considered for the interview.
25. Selected candidates should be prepared to join duty within the time granted.
26. No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding the reason for not being called for interview/outcome of interview.
27. The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the application. If it is found, at a later date, that any information given in the application is incorrect/false, the candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
28. Candidates are requested to keep the following documents ready for uploading with the application.
A valid photo ID
Proof of date of birth
Transaction ID of the application fee paid through SBI collect
Category certificate for SC/ST (If applicable)
Category certificate for OBC-NCL/EWS (Income and Asset Certificate) obtained on or after 01/04/2023 (If applicable)
Category certificate for PwD (If applicable)
Academic records (Marks/Grade cards and degree certificates)
Experience certificate from the employer indicating the Cadre and Pay level
No Objection Certificate (If applicable)
Publications, patents, and copyrights details
Conferences/Workshops attended and presented
Details of sponsored and consultancy projects
Fellowship/Membership of professional societies 4
Awards and Recognitions
Other Relevant Certificates
28. This being an advertisement governed by the Flexible Faculty Recruitment Rules, relevant instructions from the Ministry of Education (Government of India) issued till the date of the interview will be applicable. Candidates are advised to browse the Institute website: www.nitc.ac.in for relevant information and updates on the recruitment process.
29. Any disputes arising out of or in any way connected with this selection process shall be deemed to have arisen in Kozhikode, Kerala, and only the courts in Kerala shall have the jurisdiction to determine the same.
How to apply:
1. Click on the “Recruitment Portal” link given in the advertisement for faculty positions.
2. Register with your email-id and mobile number. You can set your own password. An email will be sent to your registered email-id for verification. Once you click the verification link, the login will be activated.
3. Candidate can login with the registered email Id and the password created to complete the submission of application and data sheet.
4. Please read the ‘Instructions’ given in the portal carefully. Follow the instructions as you go on filling the application form and data sheet.
5. Candidate has to fill up the online application form including the data sheet and submit. Before submission, the candidate can use the ‘Preview’ button to check the filled application/data sheet. After submission, further changes in the application and data sheet will not be permitted.
6. Last date for submission of online application : 30-11-2023 (11.00 PM)
Proceed to the Recruitment Portal for applying online.