A walk-in-interview will be conducted in the office of Zoological Survey of India, Gangetic Plains Regional Centre, Sector-8, Bahadurpur Housing Colony, Patna-800026 at 11:00 am on 20.01.2021 for the recruitment of Junior Project Fellow (One post) under the project “Kosi Dolphin Census Survey”, Bihar purely on a temporary basis with monthly emolument (Rs.20000/-only consolidated) for a period of six months or likely to be extended for one year.
The project involves Dolphin Census survey tours and collection-cum-identification of other aquatic fauna in River Kosi from Birpur to Kursela (Kosi+Ganga Confluence) in Bihar.
The working station for the project work will be at Zoological Survey of India, Gangetic Plains Regional Centre, Sector-8, Patna-800026.
Interested candidates may appear for the walk-in interview on 20.01.2021 at 11.00 am in the conference hall of the office. A prescribed application form is available on the ZSI website:
Name of the Post: Junior Project Fellow (JPF)
No. of Post: 1 (one)
Educational Qualification: Master Degree in Zoology/ Life Science with Zoology as a major subject in B.Sc./ PG course from a recognised University with minimum 55% marks. NET candidate will be given preference.
Desirable Qualification: Research experience in taxonomy, systematic, Zoology or allied subject, field survey experience in wildlife, wildlife photography, knowledge of Computer basic field data collection and interpretation w.s.r. to GIS mapping.
Remuneration: Rs. 20,000/- consolidated
JPF is expected to undertake extensive Survey in River Kosi for the Project work. Therefore, it is required to be physically fit to undertake research in scorching sun light and hostile conditions.
- Age Limit: Age shall not be more than 35years of age as on last date of interview. Upper age limit is relaxed as per rule for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-Non Creamy Layer (NCL)/Women/ Physically Challenged applicants.
2. At the time of the verification of original documents on of original documents (even after selection), if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to wilfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, such applicant will not be considered for selection and due action will be implemented. . Candidate will have to join immediately after their selection.
3. Candidate will have to join immediately after their selection.
4. The application form can be downloaded from the Zoological Survey of India website http://www.zsi.gov.in
5. Candidates may submit the duly filled-in applications with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, proof for date of birth, etc., along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations and ‘No Objection Certificate’ from present employer (if employed) to the email on [email protected]
6. The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right of selection or rejection of a candidature including cancellation of the advertisement without assigning any reason.
Government of India Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Govt. of Bihar. Interested candidates are requested to log on to website: http://www.zsi.gov.in or contact < [email protected] / [email protected] for details.