University of Kalyani Ph.D Programme 2021 Admission Notification: Ph. D. 2021 ; Advt.No. Ph. D. / 01/2021. Kalyani University Admission Notification (Advt.No. Ph.D./01/2021): Ph.D.Programmes 2021.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to Ph.D. Programmes in different disciplines.
Ph.D. Programme Subjects
FACULTY OF ARTS & COMMERCE:
Bengali, Economics, Commerce, Political Science, History, Sociology, Philosophy, Visual Arts, Hindi, and Folklore
FACULTY OF SCIENCE:
Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biochemistry and Biophysics, Environmental Science, Ecological Studies, Microbiology, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Geography, and Physiology
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT:
Business Administration, Computer Science & Engineering, Engineering & Technological Studies
FACULTY OF EDUCATION:
Education, Physical Education
TIME FRAME FOR Ph. D. ONLINE ADMISSION 2021
|SL. NO.||DETAILS||DATE (S)|
|1.||Online application starts on||18.08.2021|
|2.||Online application closes on||06.09.2021 (11.59 P.M.)|
|3.||Publication of list of eligible candidates for appearing entrance test and list of candidates exempted from Entrance test.||10.09.2021|
|4.||Date of Entrance test||14.09.2021|
|5.||Publication of result of Entrance Test||20.09.2021|
|6.||Interview to be completed on or before||24.09.2021|
|7.||Publication of merit list||30.09.2021|
|8.||Date of admission||01.10.2021 – 05.10.2021|
With reference to the Adv. No. Phd./01/2021,this is for information of all concerned that “Last date of online application” is here by extended till 27.09.2021 and the “Time frame for Ph.D.online admission 2021”is to be read as:
New Time Schedule
|SL. NO.||DETAILS||DATE (S)|
|1.||Online application starts on||18.08.2021|
|2.||Online application closes on||27.09.2021 (11.59 P.M.)|
|3.||Publication of list of eligible candidates for appearing entrance test and list of candidates exempted from Entrance test.||04.10.2021|
|4.||Date of Entrance test||27.10.2021|
|5.||Publication of result of Entrance Test||03.11.2021|
|6.||Interview to be completed on or before||18.11.2021|
|7.||Publication of merit list||26.11.2021|
|8.||Date of admission||06.12.2021 – 17.12.2021|
Seat Matrix of Ph. D. Admission – 2021 in Different Subjects
|Department||Seats to be advertised||UR||SC||ST||OBC A||OBC B||Eligibility Criteria*||Specialization|
|Bengali||35||19||8||2||4||2||55% Marks in M.A. Bengali||Open|
|Economics||7||4||2||0||1||0||55% Marks in M.A. / M.Sc. In Economics||Econometrics – 1|
knowledge of software -2
|Commerce||5||3||1||0||1||0||55% Marks in M.Com. Or 55% Marks in M.A. / M.Sc. In Economics or 55% Marks in CA/CMA/CS/PGD M||Exposure in ERP related Accounting Software-1|
|Political Science||2||2||0||0||0||0||55% Marks in M.A in Political Science||Indian Foreign Policy – 2|
|History||9||5||2||0||1||1||55% Marks in M.A. History||Open|
|Philosophy||2||2||0||0||0||0||55% Marks in M.A||Open|
|Visual Arts||3||2||1||0||0||0||55% Marks in MFA / MVA||Open|
|Folklore||7||4||2||0||1||0||55% Marks in M.A. Folklore, Bengali, English, Sanskrit, Women Studies, Sociology, Cultural Studies, History/ M.A or M.Sc. in Anthropology & allied discipline||Open|
|Sociology||2||2||0||0||0||0||55% Marks in M.A. Sociology||Open|
|Hindi||2||2||0||0||0||0||55% Marks in M.A. Hindi|| Contemporary Hindi |
|Botany||5||3||1||0||1||0||55% Marks in M.Sc. in Botany / Zoology / Microbiology or any branch of Life Sciences||Microbiology-1|
Open – 4
|Zoology||15||8||3||1||2||1||55% Marks in M.Sc. Zoology or any branch of Life Science||Entomology /Parasitology /Fish and Fisheries / Cell and developmental biology /Cytogenetics and molecular biology /Endocrinology and reproductive biology/allied subjects / Open|
|Chemistry||33||19||7||2||3||2||55% Marks in M.Sc. Chemistry||Analytical/ Organic/Inorganic & Physical /|
|Physics||9||5||2||0||1||1||55% Marks in M.Sc. Physics||solid state physics/materials science/Electronics / Open|
|Mathematics||7||4||2||0||1||0||55% Marks in M.Sc. Mathematics||Differential Geometry 2|
Complex Analysis 1
|Biochemistry & Biophysics||6||4||1||0||1||0||55% Marks in M.Sc. Bio Chemistry/ Bio Physics and Life Science||M.Sc in any branch of life science with knowledge of Bioinformatics and|
Computational Biology/ ME/M.Tech in
Computer Science /IT with good programming skills/ MCA with good programming skills/ Open
|Environmental Science||2||2||0||0||0||0||55% Marks in M.Sc. (Environmental Science / Chemistry/ Life science)||Open|
|Ecological Studies||5||3||1||0||1||0||55% Marks in M.Sc. in|
Environmental Management/ Zoology/
Molecular Biology &
Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Agriculture/ Fishery Science
|Environmental Microbiology/ Environmental Biotechnology/|
Environmental Toxicology/ Ecological Engineering/ Aquaculture/ Fisheries/ Limnology/Aquatic and Soil
Microbiology/Waste Management/ Open
|Microbiology||6||4||1||0||1||0||55% Marks in M.Sc. Microbiology / Life science /Allied Science||Open|
|Molecular Biology & Biotechnology||2||2||0||0||0||0||55 % marks in M.Sc. Molecular Biology / Microbiology / Biotechnology/any branch of Life Science||Open|
|Geography||2||2||0||0||0||0||55% Marks in M.A. / M.Sc. Geography||Open|
|Physiology||4||3||1||0||0||0||55% Marks in M.Sc. Physiology & allied science||Open|
|Education||25||13||6||1||3||2||M.A. /M.Sc. In Education|
with 55% marks (Preceded by 3 years Hons. Degree) OR M.Ed. With 55% marks (Preceded by 3 years Hons. Degree) M.A. / M.Sc. In Education 55% marks with B.Ed. Degree (Preceded by 3 years Hons. Degree)
|Health Edn/ Env. Edn./|
Edul. Psycho./Psycho of
Instrct. Teacher Edn./ Art
&Yoga. Edn./ Culture/Intl. Edn.
|Physical Education||12||6||3||1||1||1||55% marks in M.P.Ed||Aging & Exercise|
|Business Administration||9||5||2||0||1||1||55% marks in MBA/ M.Com||Accounting & Finance – 5|
Marketing – 4
|Computer Science and Engineering||19||11||4||1||2||1||55% marks in M.Tech.,|
MCA, M.Sc. in Computer
Science & Engg, Computer
Science and relevant fields.
|Image processing/ Pattern|
Combinatorial Optimization/ Green Cloud Computing/ Nano
Science & Technology/
Soft Computing/ Data
Mining/ Bioinformatics/Nano Device Modeling/ Steganography & Authentication/ Wireless
& Mobile Computing/
|Engineering & Technological Studies||1||1||0||0||0||0||55% marks in M.E./|
M.Tech. or equivalent
degree in Mechanical Engg. (Machine Design) preceded by BE/ BTech or equivalent degree in Mechanical engineering.
With reference to the Adv. No. Ph. D./01/2021, this is for information of all concerned that “SEAT MATRIX OF Ph. D. Admission- 2021 IN DIFFERENT SUBJECTS” is revised for the subjects Bengali, Political Science, Philosophy and Molecular Biology & Biotechnology. The revised seat matrix of Ph.D. Admission for these subjects is to be read as:
REVISED SEAT MATRIX OF Ph. D. Admission – 2021 IN DIFFERENT SUBJECTS
|Department||Seats to be advertised||UR||SC||ST||OBC-A||OBC-B||Eligibility Criteria*||Specialization|
|Bengali||51||28||11||3||5||4||55% Marks in M.A. Bengali||Open|
|Political Science||5||3||1||0||1||0||55% Marks in M.A in Political Science||Indian Foreign|
Policy – 2
|Philosophy||4||3||1||0||0||0||55% Marks in M.A||Open|
|Molecular Biology & Biotechnology||4||3||1||0||0||0||55 % marks in M.Sc. Molecular Biology / Microbiology / Biotechnology/an y branch of Life Science||Open|
*A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% may be allowed for SC / ST / OBC (non- creamy layer)/ Differently-abled.
Eligibility criteria for admission to the Ph.D. programme
Subject to the conditions stipulated in these Regulations, the following persons are eligible to seek admission to the Ph.D. programme at the University:
Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point Scale of the University (‘B’ grade in the UGC 7-point scale) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational instituti ons.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently- Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University Grants Commission and State Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale of the University (‘B’ grade in the UGC 7-point scale) (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree in the University shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the University in an integrated programme. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently- Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC and the State Government from time to time.
A person whose M.Phil. Dissertation has been evaluated and the viva-voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the University.
Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme at the University.
Payment of application Fee
Application fee is Rs. 400/- for General candidates & OBC candidates and Rs. 200 /- for SC / ST candidates. For differently able (PD) candidates Rs. 160/-
Duration of the Programme
Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years from the date of admission/enrollment to the Ph.D. programme at the University.
Extension for a maximum period of six (06) months beyond the above limits in extraordinary/ unprecedented situation shall be governed by the relevant rule as may be stipulated from time to time by the Board of Research Studies and the Executive Council of the University. After the expiry of the tenure of Ph.D. programme as stipulated under clause 4.1 of section 4 of these regulations, including the extension period if any, the registration shall be treated as cancelled.
The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of two years in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave once in the entire duration of Ph.D. for up to 240 days.
Procedure for admission
The University shall admit Ph.D. students through a Research Entrance Test (RET) conducted at the level of University.
The University shall admit students who have qualified UGC- NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR-NET (including JRF)/ SLET/ SET/ GATE/ have appointed in University Research Fellowship programme (URS)/ have passed M.Phil. or Teachers fellowship holders as per stipulation of clause 5.1 of the Section 5 above. But, they shall be exempted from the Written test part of RET based on affirmative recommendation of DRAC and assent of hon’ble Vice-Chancellor.
The University shall:
decide on a half-yearly basis through its statutory academic bodies a predetermined and manageable number of Ph.D. scholars to be admitted in a Department depending on the number of available Research Supervisors and other academic and physical facilities available, keeping in mind the norms regarding the scholar-teacher ratio, laboratory, library and such other facilities;
notify well in advance in the University website and through advertisement in two (2) national newspapers, of which at least one (1) shall be in the regional language, the number of seats for admission, subject/discipline-wise distribution of available seats, criteria for admission, procedure for admission, examination centre(s) and all other relevant information; adhere to the State-level reservation policy, as applicable.
The admission shall be based on the criteria notified by the University, keeping in view the guidelines/norms in this regard issued by the UGC and Higher Education Dept., Govt. of West Bengal, and taking into account the reservation policy of the Govt. of West Bengal in the Higher Education Department from time to time. If in spite of relaxation of the qualifying
marks in RET (as stipulated under clause 5.5.1 below), the seats allotted for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer/Differently Abled categories remain unfilled, the University shall launch a special Admission drive for that particular category from the date of closure of admission of General category.
The University shall admit Ph.D. scholars by a two stage process through:
RET shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. A relaxation of 5% marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layers)/ Differently-Abled category in the entrance examination conducted by the University. The syllabus of the RET shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The RET shall be conducted at the Centre(s) notified in advance (changes of Centres, if any, also to be notified well in advance).
The RET shall have two papers:
(Written Test): 50*(25 Marks on Research Methodology+25 Marks on Specific Subject)
*[Pattern of questions: preferably multiple choice questions (single/multi-select)/ rank order scaling questions/ text slider questions/likert scale questions/ stapel scale questions/ constant sum questions/demographic questions/ analytical questions/ any other types of questions as selected fit by respective RAC– carrying 1/2/3/4/ marks each.]
**15 Marks : for Research methodology
15 Marks : for Subject Specific
20 Marks : presentation on proposed research and competence
For details, please visit www.klyuniv.ac.in
Online application Starts on 18.08.2021
Last date for online application is 06.09.2021
New Last Date of Online Application is 27.09.2021
- The University shall admit PhD. Students through a Research Entrance Test (RET).
- A candidate shall be exempted from appearing RET provided that she/he has qualified in UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR-NET (including JRF)/SLET/ SET/GATE/ University Research fellow (URS)/ obtained M.Phil. Degree from this University or any other University/ Institute recognized by this University, or Teachers fellowship holders or any other UGC accredited UGC research entrance test.
- Reservation and relaxation as per State Govt. rules.
- The RET will be held through online mode based on 50 MCQ type questions.
- Student willing to apply for Ph. D. in more than one subject must fill in separate forms for each subject.
- Candidates, who qualified in Admission Test for Ph.D. in the Kalyani University (K.U.) earlier, are also exempted from Entrance Test (RET) for this year only considering the Covid19 pandemic situation.
- In-Service candidates have to submit No Objection Certificate from their Employer during the time of admission.
- Qualifying marks in Entrance Test (RET) is 50%. A relaxation of 5% marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layers)/ Differently-Abled category in the entrance examination conducted by the University.
Ph.D. programmes through Distance Mode/Part- time
Notwithstanding anything contained in these Regulations or any other rules/regulations, for the time being in force, the University shall not conduct Ph.D. Programmes through distance education mode.
The University shall conduct part-time Ph.D. programmes provided all the conditions mentioned in the extant Ph.D. Regulations are met.
The advertisement may be published on or before 18.08.2021 in the university in the daily newspaper (1) The Anandabazar Patrika, (2) The Times of India under Classified column.
Ph. D. in Bengali
Ph. D. in Commerce
Ph. D. in Folklore
Ph. D. in History
Ph. D. in Economics
Ph. D. in Physics
Ph. D. in Chemistry
Ph. D. in Zoology
Ph. D. in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
Ph. D. in Microbiology
Ph. D. in Environmental Science
Ph. D. in Mathematics
Ph. D. in Botany
Ph. D. in Philosophy
Ph. D. in Geography
Ph. D. in Computer Science & Engineering
Ph. D. in Education
Ph. D. in Physical Education
Ph. D. in Visual Arts
Ph. D. in Ecological Studies
Ph. D. in Biochemistry & Biophysics
Ph. D. in Political Science
Ph. D. in Business Administration
Ph. D. in Physiology
Ph. D. in Sociology
Ph. D. in Hindi
Ph. D. in Department of Engineering & Technological Studies
Step By Step Procedure For Online Application
- Go to https://admission.klyuniv.ac.in
- GO TO STUDENT LOGIN FOR ADMISSION
- CLICK ON CREATE NEW ACOUNT
- CLICK ON THE NEW ONLINE ADMISSION TO CREATE YOUR USER ACCOUNT ACCORDINGLY
- CLICK ON THE LOGIN BUTTON AND ENTER WITH USER NAME AND PASSWORD (AS CREATED)
- GO TO MENU OPTION FROM THE LEFT NAVIGATION AND CLICK ON THE “NEW ADMISSION” BUTTON
- CLICK ON THE “APPLY FOR NEW PROGRAM” BUTTON
- Click Here To Complete Your Application
- FILL UP ELIGIBILITY STATUS
- BASIC DETAILS
- UPLOAD DOCUMENT
- PREVIEW FORM
- PAYMENT DETAILS
How to Apply
- First Log-On to the https://admission.klyuniv.ac.in – Click on Admission Option
- Click on Student Login for Admission
- If you already have created an account, then put registered username and password and then click on login
- Otherwise Click on Create New Account
- Click on New Online Admission
- Please fill up the Mandatory (*) fields and kindly fill-up an activate connection number and valid email-id for OTP generation
- Then Click on Next
- Please enter the 5 Digit OTP, send on your registered Mobile No and Email ID and then click on Verify OTP
- You can generate your username by
- Your Custom Data
- Your Registered Mobile Number
- Your Registered Email-ID
- Create your password minimum 8 character
- Re-enter the above given password
- Click on Submit Button
- Your registered Username and Password will be shown for future reference
- Put your registered Username and Password and then click on Login
- Click on Apply For New Program
- Select Program Name, Course of Study and Subject form the list and then click on Confirm Apply
- Click on “Click Here To Complete Your Application” for fill-up the Application details
- If you choose wrong program by mistake then you can also delete the program by clicking on the 3 lines from the right corner of the program list and the click on Delete
- Application Page No 1 Eligibility Status Please fill up the required fields with your Eligibility Status details and then click on next. (*) Fields are Mandatory.
- Application Page 2 Basic Details Please fill up the required fields with your Basic Details and then click on next. (*) Fields are Mandatory
- Application Page 3 Qualification Please fill up the required fields with your Qualification Details. Upload your Secondary, Higher Secondary, UG, PG & Exemption/Relaxation Mark sheet in .pdf format also Add Marks Details for respective Exam. File size greater than 40KB and less than 10240 KB. Also Add Marks Details for respective Exam’s After filling-up the page 3, click on Next.
- Application Page 4 Upload Documents Please upload all the required documents in mentioned size and format. After Choose file, please click on Upload button to preview the document. After upload all the documents, please click on Next
- Application Page 5 Preview Preview all your filled-up data carefully and click on next.
- If any changes required then click on Previous Button correct your data click on next and so on.
- Application Page 6 Payment Details Click on “I Agree” and click on Pay & Submit
- Confirm your Application Submission with Application Fee or Cancel.
Payment Application Fee Select any Payment Mode
- Payment Successful Click on Click Here to Go To Application
- If you forgot to download the application from this page, you can download it anytime from your login dash-board.