Applications are invited from eligible and bonafide candidates for recruitment to the post of Librarian(TL/SDL) under the control of LLA, Paschim Medinipur. Recruitment will be made for 05 (five) number of posts. For Details see the website www.paschimmedinipur.gov.in.
Last date of submission of application is 15th July, 2022.
In pursuance of the Memo No. 888/LS, dt. 10.09.2021 of the Director of Library Services, Government of West Bengal, applications are invited form the eligible candidates for filling up the 05(Five) post of Librarian of Government Sponsored Town/Sub- Divisional Libraries under the control of Local Library Authority, Paschim Medinipur by direct recruitment on purely temporary basis for a probation period of two years.
Total Number of Post: 05(Five) [UR- 01, UR(EC)- 01, SC(EC)- 01, ST- 01, OBC(A)- 01].
Required Essential Qualification:
- Graduate with Bachelor of Library and Information Science.
- Knowledge of Computer Application in Library Services.
- Knowledge in Bengali.
- At least 03 (Three) experience in Library Administration (Applicable only for full paid employee in a Library).
Age should not be less than 18 years and above 40 years as on 01.01.2022. Upper age limit is relaxable upto 45 years for persons holding substantive appointment in sponsored or Government Public Libraries and as per rules of government for reserved categories.
Basic pay: Rs. 32,100 82,900 [Level -10 in the Pay Matrix of ROPA-2019] and others allowances as per government rules.
Last date and Time of submission of application: By 5:30 p.m. of 15th July,2022. No Application will be received after that date and time.
- Self- attested copies of following documents to be enclosed and sent with the application:
- All Marksheets and Certificates related to essential (Academic & Professional) qualifications.
- Copy of proof of address (Aadhar/EPIC Card).
- Copy of proof of date of birth.
- Copy of caste/ category certificate(s) (if any).
- Copy of certificate of basic knowledge of computer.
- Copy of certificate of experience (at least three) in Library Administration as full paid employee.
- Copy of Registration Certificate/Card of Employment Exchange (if any).
- One passport size colour photograph separately, one self-addressed official envelope (25cm x 10.5cm) affixing of Rs. 22/-(twenty-two) postage stamp.
After downloading and printing of application form(PDF/Word Format) from district website (www.paschimmedinipur.gov.in) applicants have to be filled up or typed their details as per the application format.
Then applicants have to be sent the application format after duly signed and affixing recent passport size colour photograph with cross signature in the prescribe area of the application format including all self-attested testimonials and documents mentioned above related to candidature, one passport size colour photograph separately, one self-addressed official envelope (25cm x 10.5cm) affixing of Rs. 22/-(twenty-two) postage stamp within 5:30 p.m. of 15th July,2022 by registered post to The District Library Officer, Paschim Medinipur, Office of the District Library Officer, At- DRDA Building (2nd floor), Zilla Parishad Campus, Midnapore -721101.
Envelope containing applications and testimonials may be superscribed Librarian ( Town/Sub-Divisional Library) in Paschim Medinipur
Applications will be treated as cancelled without timely receiving of the copy of the application along with all necessary documents and testimonials mentioned above.
Terms and Conditions.
- They will be in probation for two years, which may extend if necessary. During the probationary period his service may be terminated within one notice from either side.
- They will be full time paid employee of Govt. Sponsored Town/ Sub-Divisional Library under the control of Local Library Authority, Paschim Medinipur.
- They will not be treated as a Govt. Employee.
- Their service may be transferred within the district and another district.
- They will be guided by the orders, Rules, Regulations and Service conduct rules of the employees of the Government Sponsored Libraries, West Bengal as laid down in G.O.No.384-Edn (SE) dated 01.07.1985.
All concerned are requested to visit the website mentioned above regularly.
- The decision of the Selection Committee will be treated as final and the Committee reserves the right to cancel any application partly or fully without any further communication to the candidate at any stage of recruitment.
- Any omission / suppression of information in the application shall lead to rejection of the application or candidature, at any stage of the recruitment process. The conditions so prescribed shall not be relaxed at any point of time.
- Applications not duly filled in or found incomplete or defective, in any respect, will be liable to rejection without further intimation.
- The Selection Committee may require any further proof or particulars from the candidates, as it may consider necessary and may make further enquiries regarding eligibility.