IISER Tirupati has an active Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship (PDRF) Program to enable highly motivated young researchers to conduct research in the frontier areas of Science and Technology.
Applications are invited twice a year, in April and October, for appointment of post-doctoral fellows in the various research areas.
These positions are open for candidates with 0-5 years of experience after obtaining Ph.D. degree in related areas.
Candidates who have submitted their thesis and awaiting award of degree may also apply. Candidates should provide evidence of having carried out high quality research during or after their Ph. D. program.
The award will be initially for one year, with an extension for one more year after review of performance.
Post Doctoral Research Fellows in Mathematics
- Algebraic Geometry (Prof. D. S. Nagaraj)
- Differential Geometry, Riemannian Geometry (Dr. Gururaja. H. A)
- Harmonic Analysis, Functional Analysis (Dr. R. Lakshmi Lavanya)
- Algebraic Geometry, Algebraic Topology, K-theories (Dr. Girja Shanker Tripathi)
PDRFs in Chemistry
- 2D Materials and Electrochemistry (Prof. Vijayamohanan Pillai)
- Nanomaterials for Biological Applications (Dr. Jatish Kumar)
- Spectroscopic Study of Proteins and Nucleic Acid (Dr. Soumit Sankar Mandal)
- Computational Chemistry (Quantum or Classical) (Dr. Padmabati Mondal)
- Soft Matter Theory and Simulation (Dr. Rakesh S. Singh)
- Computational and Quantum Chemistry (Dr. Raghunath O Ramabhadran)
- Total Synthesis of Natural Products (Dr. Kiran Kumar)
- Organometallic Chemistry and Sustainable Catalysis (Dr. E. Balaraman)
- Synthesis and Catalysis (Dr. Gopinath Purushothaman)
- Organic Homogeneous Catalysis and Main Group Chemistry (Dr. Sudipta Roy)
- Bioinorganic-Biomimetic-Systems and Catalysis (Dr. Pankaj Kumar Koli)
- Low Dimensional semiconductors for lighting applications (Dr. Janardan Kundu)
Postdoctoral Fellows in Biology
- Developmental biology (Dr. Ramkumar Sambasivan)
- Plant stress biology (Dr. Annapurna Devi Allu)
- Plant development and applied genetics (Dr. Eswar Rami Reddy)
- Molecular oncology and cell signalling (Dr. Pakala Suresh Babu)
- Chromosome inheritance and genome stability (Dr. Viji Subramanian)
- Infection biology and host-pathogen interactions (Dr. Suchi Goel)
- Cellular and Vascular Biology (Dr. Sanjay Kumar)
- Spectroscopic Study of Proteins and Nucleic Acid (Dr. Soumit Mandal)
- Inflammation, immunity and cancer (Dr. V Sivakumar)
- Bio-Microfluidics and Soft Matter – Experiment (Dr. Dileep Mampallil)
- Mycobacterium physiology and proteomics (Dr. Raju Mukherjee)
- Biophysical and single molecule spectroscopic study of nucleic acid based nanostructures (Dr. Nibedita Pal)
- Computational Biology (Dr. Sreenivas Chavali)
PDRFs in Physics
- Hydrodynamics of active matter suspensions – theory and simulations (Dr. Tapan Chandra Adhyapak)
- Experimental and phenomenological studies of QCD matter in high energy heavy-ion collisions (Dr. Chitrasen Jena)
- Soft Matter, Bio-Microfluidics – Growing cancer cells in microfluidic chips (Dr. Dileep Mampallil)
- Quantum condensed matter physics – Theory and computation in quantum spin liquids, Simulation of quantum many body sytems with quantum algorithms on IBM machine (Dr. Sambuddha Sanyal)
- Extragalctic Astronomy – Theory and Observations, Data Science as applied to Astronomy and Astrophysics (Dr. Arunima Banerjee)
How to apply?
Last Date for application for all streams: October 31st, 2020
Fellowship: Rs. 47,000/- p.m + HRA as per GoI rules if the candidate produces the Ph. D. Certificate.
Otherwise, Rs. 35,000/- p.m + HRA as per GoI rules for those candidates whose Ph. D. degree is awaited.
However, the candidate must produce a letter from competent authority stating that the thesis has been submitted and the final viva/ defence is pending.
Nominal research grant will be available under this program.