NIT Sikkim Admission PhD: Applications are invited ONLINE for admission to the Ph.D. programme for the Academic Year 2022-2023 in the following departments:
• Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
• Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
• Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
• Department of Mechanical Engineering
• Department of Physics
• Department of Chemistry
• Department of Mathematics
• Humanities and Social Sciences (English)
Last date of online application: 20th April, 2022.
Minimum Eligibility Criterion
1. In Engineering Discipline:
▪ BE/B.Tech and ME/M.Tech in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA.
▪ In exceptional cases, brilliant students from CFTIs with CGPA of more than 9.0 (85% marks) in B.E./B.Tech. may be recommended by the concerned department as per the institute rules.
2. In Basic Science and HSS(English) Discipline:
▪ Minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in PG in relevant area/ disciplines.
3. For SC/ST/PwD candidates, a relaxation of 5% marks or 0.5 CGPA will be considered, i.e., minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 on the 10 point scale.
4. The fellowship/scholarship will be awarded as per the directions of the Board of Governors (BoG).
5. The final selection process to Ph.D. programme to any Departments at NIT Sikkim will be through written test and/or interview. The decisions of the institute in this regard is final and no queries in this regard shall be entertained.
PG final year students (2022 passing out) may apply. If selected, then joining of such candidates will be after completion of final year examinations and submission of provisional certificates.