National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli Senior Research Fellow (SRF) in Centre for Advanced Manufacturing.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for Project Positions as per the details given below, for research project under the Principal Investigator Dr.-Ing. M. Duraiselvam, Professor, Department of Production Engineering, Centre for Advanced Manufacturing, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli-15, Tamil Nadu.
- Title of the Project: Design and Development of Robotic based Continuous Fiber Additive Manufacturing System
- Project Position: Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
- Number of vacancy: 04
- Fellowship: Rs. 35,000/month plus HRA.
- Project Duration: Maximum 3 Years
- Start Date of the Fellowship: September 2022
|S.No||Essential Educational Qualification||Position (SRF)||Number of Posts||Desirable Qualification/Experience|
|1.||B.E/B.Tech with First class in Mechanical/Production/Aero from UGC recognized University with valid GATE score OR M.E/M.Tech with First class in Manufacturing Technology/ CAD/CAM from UGC recognized University||SRF-1 SRF-2||2||Knowledge in modelling, simulation and analysis.Essential programming (Python) knowledge for creation of digital twin.Knowledge in additive manufacturing.|
|2.||B.E/B.Tech with First class in Electrical/Electronics from UGC recognized University with valid GATE score OR M.E/M.Tech with First class in Instrumentation/Robotics and Automation from UGC recognized University||SRF-3||1||Knowledge in developing control systems and software interfaces.Knowledge in system integration.|
|3.||B.E/B.Tech with First class in Mechanical/Metallurgical and Material Science from UGC recognized University with valid GATE score OR M.E/M.Tech with First class in Thermal/Metallurgy /Materials Engineering/Aero/ Polymer technology from UGC recognized University||SRF-4||1||Knowledge in thermal, flow simulation/CFD.Knowledge in carbon/polymer composites used in additive manufacturing.|
- SRF-1 will predominantly be located/posted in the Department of Engineering Design, IIT Madras and will be coordinating with other SRFs (who will be working in NIT, Trichy) for the complete system development.
- All SRFs need to collaboratively work on the entire system development and other works assigned by PI and team not specifically included in the advertisement.
- For B.E./B.Tech Graduates, first class with qualified GATE score and 2 years of working experience is necessary.
- For M.E./M.Tech graduates, first class degree (in both UG and PG) with 2 years of experience is necessary.
- Upon appointment, opportunity will be provided to register M.S. (By Research) (for undergraduates)/Ph.D (for postgraduates) at NIT, Trichy subject to fulfilling Institute norms.
- Age Limit: The upper age limit is 28 years as on the closing date of advertisement. The upper age limit shall be relaxable to the candidates belonging to SC/ST is 5 years and OBC is 3 years.
- Eligible candidates will only be called for interview as per the criteria set by the selection committee based on valid GATE score, percentage of marks obtained in minimum qualifying degree, relevant experience and other.
- GATE paper and subject of qualifying degree must be related to the subject/discipline against which the candidate is applying.
- Candidates serving in Govt. or in Govt. owned organization will be required to produce “NOC” from their respective Department/Employer at the time of interview failing which the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the interview or they should apply through proper channel.
- Working experience in the area of subject will be preferred.
- Application should be furnished only in the prescribed format. Candidates before appearing for the interview shall ensure that they are eligible for the position they intend to apply.
- Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
- Only those candidates who have been awarded Degree/Provisional Certificate are eligible to apply.
- Copies of supporting documents should be scanned and emailed together with the application. All supporting documents should be submitted as a single PDF file.
- Candidates need to produce Original Certificates/Testimonial for proof of Caste, Age, Educational Qualifications, GATE score, B.E./B.Tech/M.E./M.Tech marks memos and No Objection Certificate (where applicable) at the time of interview. One self-attested photocopy of all above documents should be submitted at the time of interview.
- The candidate must submit the supporting document for converting CGPA/CPI to equivalent percentage (%) from concerned University.
- Please note that no TA/DA is admissible for attending the interview.
- Candidates should make their own arrangement for their stay and transport to NIT, Trichy.
- It may please be noted that offer of Fellowship will under no circumstances confer on candidates any right of absorption in NIT, Trichy. NIT reserves the right to cancel the fellowship at any point of time if the SRF candidate found not suitable after selection.
- Award of Fellowship shall not be claimed by any candidate as a matter of right. It shall be entirely at the discretion of the Selection Committee, which may refuse to admit any candidate without assigning any reason thereof.
- The last date and time of submission of duly filled in application 16.09.2022, 04:00 pm.
- Applications should be submitted (only in the form of softcopy PDF form) with all necessary documents through email [email protected]. For any details contact Dr. M. Duraiselvam, Ph. No: 0431-2503509 between 1430 to 1700 hrs on all working days (Monday to Friday).