National Institute of Technology Mizoram Recruitment of Regular Non-Teaching posts. (An Institution of National Importance under the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India) Chaltlang, Aizawl, Mizoram – 796012 (web site-http://www.nitmz.ac.in)
Advertisement No. NITMZ/R-1-11/NT/2022/2478 Dt. 08.07.2022
National Institute of Technology Mizoram is an Institution of National Importance under the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India conducting UG, PG & Ph.D Programmes in Engineering, Science and Humanities. It is one of the 10 (Ten) newly established NITs in the country.
Applications are invited for the under mentioned Non-Teaching Posts at the Institute. Interested Candidates may apply in the prescribed Application Form, which may be downloaded along with details of posts, qualifications, experience and general conditions from the NIT Mizoram web-site http://www.nitmz.ac.in.
|Sl. No.||Name of Post||No. of Post||Pay Level & Min. Basic Pay||Age Limit|
|1||Assistant Registrar Group ‘A’||= (1 – UR)||Level 10. Rs. 56,100.00||Not exceeding 35 years.|
|2||Superintendent Group ‘B’||= (1 – UR)||Level 6. Rs. 35,400.00||Not exceeding 30 years.|
|3||Library and Information Assistant Group ‘B’||= (1 – UR)||Level 6. Rs. 35,400.00||Not exceeding 30 years.|
|4||Technician Group ‘C’||E.E.E = (1 – OBC)Civil Engg.= (1 – UR)E.C.E = (1 – UR)||Level 3. Rs. 21,700.00||Not exceeding 27 years.|
|5||Office Attendant Group ‘C’||= (1 – UR)||Level 1. Rs. 18,000.00||Not exceeding 27 years.|
Any of the posts could increase or decrease, as decided by the Competent Authority of National Institute of Technology Mizoram.
The Essential/Desirable Qualifications and experience for the above posts are as under:
|Post||Essential Qualification||Desirable & Experience|
|1) Assistant Registrar||Master’s degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks or its equivalent Grade in the CGPA / UGC point scale with good academic record from a recognized University / Institute. |
Employees serving as Superintendent (SG-l) / Private Secretary (NFG) in PB-2, GP of Rs. 5400/- with at least two years regular service or Superintendent (SG-II) /Private Secretary (NFG) in PB-2 GP of Rs. 4800/- with at least five years regular service with Master’s degree.
|i) Qualification in area of Management / Engineering / Law. |
ii) Experience of working in E-Office system.
iii) A Chartered or Cost Accountant for the post of Assistant Registrar (Finance & Accounts)
|2) Superintendent||First class Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from a recognized University or Institute in any discipline. |
Master’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or Institute with at least 50% marks or equivalent grade.
ii) Knowledge of Computer applications viz. Word processing, Spread Sheet.
|3) Library and Information Assistant||First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Science / Arts / Commerce from recognized University/Institute and Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science.||Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation and Networking, PGDCA or equivalent from a recognized Institution.|
|4) Technician||Senior Secondary (10+2) with Science from a Government recognized Board with at least 60% marks. |
Senior Secondary (10+2) from a Government recognized Board with at least 50% marks and ITI Course of one year or higher duration in appropriate trade.
Secondary (10) with at least 60% marks and ITI Certificate of 2 years duration in appropriate trade.
Diploma in Engineering of 3 (three) years duration in relevant field from a Government recognized Polytechnic/ Institute.
|5) Office Attendant||Senior secondary (10+2) from a recognized board.|
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS & INFORMATION
- All the Advertised Posts, Educational & Essential Qualifications are as per the Non- Teaching Recruitment Rules, 2019 for National Institute of Technology (NITs) which is approved and adopted by the NIT Mizoram in the 14th BOG (under BoG 14.4) dated 2nd May, 2019, as per the instruction from Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, Govt. of India vide Letter No. F.35 – 5 / 2018 – TS.III dated 4th April, 2019.
- The Application Form shall not be supplied on postal request. The candidates are advised to download the same from NIT Mizoram website www.nitmz.ac.in in A-4 size paper. The same may also be obtained from Administrative Block, Chaltlang Dawrkawn, Aizawl, Mizoram by paying Rs. 50.00. The duly completed prescribed Application Form along with all Supporting Documents, Annexure, duly self-attested must be submitted in soft copy to the Registrar, NIT Mizoram ([email protected]).
Prescribed Application Form is enclosed at Annexure – I.
3. Application Fee:
- Rs. 500/- for General and OBC
b. Rs. 250/- for SC/ST candidates.
- Women and PWD candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
d. The admissible Application Fee must be remitted through Online Payment Only in the following account details as below and the payment receipt must be sent along with the application form.
e. Account details:
Name:National Institute of Technology Mizoram A/C No. 33755447886
SBI Bawngkawn, Aizawl, Mizoram – 796014 IFSC : SBIN0007059
4. Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the minimum essential qualifications, furnished with clarity and supported with documents, as laid down in the advertisement.
5. Applications should be supported by relevant documents (self certified) in all respect. Claims of Educational Qualifications should be supported by Certificates as well as Mark-sheets. Applications not supported by all the relevant documents shall summarily be rejected.
6. Applications after the last date, incomplete in any respect and any fresh paper/enclosures after the closing date, shall not be considered. Canvassing directly or indirectly at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to disqualification.
7. Candidate must attain 18 (eighteen) years of age. The crucial date for reckoning age- limit, possession of educational/other qualifications, possession of required experience etc. is the last date of submission of application (i.e 06-08-2022). Date of Birth as per HSLC/HSC or Birth Registry will be accepted and may, therefore, be used as age proof.
8. Candidates already in service in the Govt. / Semi Govt. / PSUs / Universities / Educational Institutions should submit their application through Proper Channel or should furnish a ‘NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE’ at the time of Interview/Selection Committee. Applicant, however, can send advance copy of Application Form. Such candidates are also required to produce ‘Integrity Certificate’ and ‘Vigilance Clearance Certificate’ as per prescribed format at Annexure – II.
9. The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum eligibility criteria and the possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for the Competitive Examination/Trade Test/Direct Interview. In the event of number of applications being large with respect to the number of vacant posts, NIT Mizoram may resort to short listing criteria to restrict the number of candidates to be called for the Competitive Examination/Trade Test/ Direct Interview to a reasonable limit by following methods which shall be devised by the NIT Mizoram including holding a screening test. Applicants are, therefore, advised to mention all the Qualifications and Experience in the relevant field over and above the minimum qualifications and should attach copies of the Certificates in support thereof.
10. The prescribed minimum qualifying/pass marks in the Competitive Examinations are the minimum and merely obtaining the same confers no right of appointment to the post(s).
11. Certificate in support of experience shall be in proper format i.e. it shall bear the organization’s letter-head, bear the date of issue, specific period of work, name and designation of issuing authority along with signature and official seal.
12. Any change in the correspondence address, mobile/telephone number and email address shall be communicated to The Registrar, NIT Mizoram, in writing @ [email protected]
13. NIT Mizoram shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate, at any time, at the time of appointment or during the tenure of service. In case of fake documents, clandestine antecedents or submission of wrong information, services in NIT Mizoram shall be terminated, summarily.
14. For SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates, the Application Form should be supported by the relevant Certificate in a Govt. of India (GoI) prescribed format duly issued by the Competent Authority. For OBC candidates, OBC Status and Non-Creamy Layer Status in a prescribed format, duly issued by the Competent Authority shall be considered (copy at Annexure –III).
15. The prescribed essential criteria for the post of Assistant Registrar (Group ‘A’) are the minimum eligibility qualifications and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate to be called for the Selection Committee. In the event of applications being large, with respect to the vacant post of Assistant Registrar (1 – UR), NIT Mizoram may resort to short-listing criteria as a means to restrict the number of candidate to be called for the Selection Committee to a reasonable limit by adopting methods devised by NIT Mizoram including holding a Screening Test.
16. The Scheme of Syllabus for Competitive Examination, NIT Mizoram approved and adopted by the Board of Governors (BOG) NIT Mizoram vide BoG 13.5 Dated: 11-03-2019 for the Advertised Non-Teaching Posts are enclosed in Annexure –
IV. Candidates are advised to scrutinize the details of the Scheme of Examinations and to prepare accordingly. As per the standing mandate of the GoI, DoPT vide No. 39020/01/2013-Estt (B)-Part dated 29th December, 2015 and its adoption by NIT Mizoram vide BOG 12.9 dated 17th December, 2018, Interviews stand discontinued for Group ‘B’ & Group ‘C’ posts. Candidates will be recommended for appointment in Order of Merit on the basis of their performance in the Competitive Written Examination etc.
17. Any of the posts could increase or decrease, as decided by the Competent Authority of National Institute of Technology Mizoram.
18. The NIT Mizoram reserves the right to fill or not to fill the posts advertised, without assigning any reason whatsoever.
19. The completeness of the submitted application is the sole responsibility of the applicant. NIT Mizoram will not be responsible under any circumstances for any sort of postal delay/loss.
20. Government of India is striving for gender balance in Government jobs. Female candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply.
21. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the advertisement and in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage, even after issue of appointment, the NIT Mizoram reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate.
22. No TA/DA will be paid for attending Competitive Examination / Trade Test / Direct Interview.
23. Reservation policy will be as per Government of India norms. Instructions from Ministry of Education issued till date of interview will be applicable. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/PwD should enclose a copy of the certificate issued by the competent authority along with the application; candidates belonging to OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) should enclose copy of the OBC (Non-Creamy Layer Certificate issued by Competent Authority; otherwise their application will be considered in Unreserved (UR) category only.
24. The Caste / Tribe / Community Certificates in the proforma prescribed and issued by any of the authorities stated in the OM No. 36012/6/88-Estt. (SCT), dated 24.04.1990 and OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt. (Res.), dated 15.11.1993, Government of India, No. 36028/1/2014-Estt.(Res.), dated 3rd September, 2015 will only be accepted as sufficient proof in support of a candidate’s claim belonging to Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/Other Backward Class (NCL). Relevant Caste/Tribe/Community certificates are required to be submitted with duly completed application form. No other Certificate will be accepted as a sufficient proof.
The caste of the candidate must be in the state-wise central list of SCs given at
The caste of the candidate must in the state-wise central list of STs given at
25. OBC (NCL) Certificate submitted in support of the claim of reservation under this category (Non-Creamy Layer) must be obtained from the Competent Authority on or after 1st April 2022. The certificate should clearly mention that the candidate belongs to non-creamy layer and the caste of candidate must be in the State-Wise Central List of OBCs given at http://www.ncbc.nic.in/User_Panel/CentralListStateView.aspx
26. Persons with Disability (PwD) shall be required to submit the Disability/Medical Certificate in the proforma prescribed and issued by the competent medical authorities for the purpose of employment as per Government of India norms with duly completed application form Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the disability shall be eligible for the benefit of reservation under this category. The certificate will be rejected if the disability is less than 40%.
27. Age relaxation in different categories shall be as per Govt. of India norms.
28. Experience less than six months in any organization will not be considered as whole experience.
29. No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from the candidates regarding postal delays or bouncing of email, conduct and result of Competitive Examination/Trade Test/Direct Interview and reasons for not being short listed / Competitive Examination/Trade Test/Direct Interview or selection. The candidates are advised to constantly visit the NIT Mizoram website, regularly.
30. The list of short listed candidates will be displayed on the NIT Mizoram website. Original documents will have to be produced at the time of Competitive Examination / Trade Test.
31. The short-listed candidates will be informed of the schedule for Competitive Examination / Trade Test by e-mail only. This information will also be placed on the NIT Mizoram website www.nitmz.ac.in. Therefore, candidates are advised to check their email and NIT Mizoram Website regularly.
32. The selected candidates will be required to join within one month from the date of Declaration of Results / Offer of Appointment.
33. Legal disputes, if any, with NIT Mizoram, will be restricted within the jurisdiction of the Gauhati High Court, Aizawl Bench, Aizawl only.
34. Application in the prescribed format shall be completed in all respects. Prescribed Format along with all Supporting Documents, Annexure, duly self-attested must be submitted in soft copy to the Registrar, NIT Mizoram ([email protected]), on or before 06-08-2022 (upto 05:00 P.M), along with the required Fees in the form of ONLINE PAYMENT ONLY.
Last date for receipt of Applications is 06-08-2022. Applications received after the last date will summarily be rejected.