Management Trainee in E-2 Grade Posts In Coal India Limited, Kolkata. Coal India Limited (CIL), Corporate Headquarters, Kolkata invites applications for the post of Management Trainee in E-2 Grade in the following disciplines based on GATE- 2023 Scores from Qualified Candidates.
Table of Contents
About the Recruitment
Qualification: Degree in Mining/ Civil Engineering, M.Sc./ M.Tech. in Geology/Applied Geology/ Geophysics/ Applied Geophysics. Qualified in GATE-2023.
Upper Age Limit: 30 Years as on 31-08-2023.
Scale of pay: Per month Rs.50,000- Rs.1,60,000.
Management Trainee in E-2 Grade Posts In Coal India Limited, Kolkata
COAL INDIA LIMITED (CIL) – A schedule ‘A’, MAHARATNA Public Sector Undertaking, under Ministry of Coal, Government of India, with Corporate Hqrs., at Kolkata is the single largest coal producing company in the world having manpower of 2.39 lakhs approximately. CIL contributes around 79% of the total coal production in India.
CIL is transforming from a single product to a multifarious business organization in the coming years. To achieve this vision, CIL, an equal opportunity employer, invites application from young, energetic and dynamic persons for recruitment THROUGH ONLINE APPLICATION MODE only for the post of MANAGEMENT TRAINEE in E-2 Grade as notified vide Advertisement No. 04/2022 in the following disciplines based on GATE-2023 Scores from Qualified Candidates:
|Sl. No.||Discipline||Post Code||Total Vacancy||GATE Paper Code|
Application if submitted by unqualified candidates will be rejected.
|Opening date for Online Registration of Applications||13-Sept-2023 :10.00 A.M|
|Last date of Online Submission of Application||12-Oct-2023 : 18.00 P.M|
- Detailed instructions available on page of login portal on CIL website www.coalindia.in may please be referred at the time of filling online application.
- Candidates, in their own interest are advised not to wait till the last date / time and register & submit their application well within the time. CIL shall not be held responsible, if the candidates are unable to submit their application due to last minute rush.
- Candidates should read the instructions in the advertisement & FAQs carefully before making any entry or selecting options for filling online applications.
QUALIFICATION & ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
|Post Code||Discipline||Minimum Qualification|
|11||Mining||Degree in Mining Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks|
|12||Civil||Degree in the Civil Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks|
|13||Geology||M.Sc. / M.Tech. in Geology or Applied Geology / Geophysics or Applied Geophysics with minimum 60% marks|
- Degree in Mining / Degree in Civil / M.Sc. /M.Tech. in Geology or Applied Geology/Geophysics or Applied Geophysics must be from University / Institute recognized by appropriate statutory authority in India and should be of regular full time course.
- The minimum qualifying marks for GENERAL (UR), OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) & Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category candidates are 60%. For SC, ST and Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) candidates, relaxation of 5% is given in the minimum qualifying marks i.e. 55%. In case of CGPA/GPA, conversion in percentage certificate issued by University/Institute should be attached without fail.
c. Appearing Candidates:
- Candidates who are currently studying in final semester / year/ tri semester of session 2022-23 of minimum required qualification and appeared in GATE 2023 examination and if his/her name is reflecting and qualified in the list shared by the Organizing Institute, are eligible to apply. However, they have to submit final pass results of minimum required qualification before final selection / during document verification failing which their candidature will be rejected for the applied post / discipline without any further communication to them.
- Further, the candidate must clear all subjects of final year / semester / trimester, whichever is applicable, in the academic year 2022-2023 in single attempt and should have cleared all previous years / semesters / trimesters as on the date of declaration of final results.
- Apart from the other required documents, the candidates of final year / semester / trimester in the academic year 2022-2023 will have to upload their latest year / semester / trimester mark sheet/ marks transcript of relevant minimum educational qualification.
Clarification on Civil Engineering :
|Discipline (Post Code)||Eligible Branches||Not Eligible Branches|
|Civil (12)||Civil Engineering||Civil with Architecture or Structural Engineering or any other combinations with Civil Engineering.|
In case of any dispute arising about admissibility of any particular qualification in Mining, Civil & Geology disciplines the decision of Chairman, Coal India Limited shall be final and binding.
TENTATIVE VACANCY :
|Discipline||General (UR)||EWS||SC||ST||OBC- NCL||Fresh Vacancies||Backlog Vacancies||Total Vacancies including Backlog||Category of disability suitable for the post|
|Mining||118||30||45||23||81||297||OBC-NCL -28, SC-19 ST-07 Total -54||351||None|
|Civil||42||11||17||8||29||107||OBC-NCL -36, SC-17 ST-12 Total -65||172||(a) HH-3 (b) OA, OL, Dw-1 (c) SLD & (d) MD involving (a) to (c)-02|
|Geology||13||03||05||03||10||34||OBC-NCL -02, SC-01 Total -03||37||OA, OL, Dw-1|
*The above vacancy is tentative and may increase or decrease as per requirement.
ABBREVIATIONS: HH=Hard of Hearing, OA=One Arm, OL=One Leg, OAL=One Arm and One Leg, Dw=Dwarfism, SLD=Specific Learning Disability, MD=Multiple Disabilities.
Against Mining discipline, there is no suitable posts identified for PwBDs for executives in CIL. As such, 12 PwBD vacancies of Mining discipline will be carried forward and added in the backlog of PwBD vacancies of Mining discipline. Disciplines in which there are no identified posts for VH (Visually Handicapped) sub-category of disability, the same will also be carried forward.
Whenever in any recruitment year any vacancy earmarked for EWS cannot be filled due to non- availability of a suitable candidate belonging to EWS, such vacancy for that particular recruitment year shall not be carried forward to the next recruitment year as backlog.
SELECTION PROCESS :
- Eligible candidates must have appeared for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE -2023). Based on the GATE-2023 Scores/Marks and requirement, candidates will be shortlisted discipline-wise and category- wise, in the ratio of 1:3 in order of merit for further selection process.
- In case of tie in GATE Score, following norms will be adhered to for finalizing the merit panel :
- Applicant scoring higher percentage mark / CGPA in minimum eligible qualification will be placed higher in the merit list.
- If there is still a tie after considering Sl.No (i) above, applicant who is senior in age will be placed higher.
- The final merit list will be prepared for each discipline on the basis of GATE- 2023 Scores/Marks. GATE Scores/Marks of 2023 will only be valid and the scores prior to or after GATE-2023 is not valid for this recruitment activity and hence will not be considered.
- Candidates working with Government / PSUs / Autonomous bodies have to submit No Objection Certificate (NOC) while filling online application failing which their candidature for the applied post may be rejected. If employed subsequent to submission of application at CIL, then “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from the present employer at the time of Documents Verification (DV) & Initial Medical Examination (IME) is to be submitted, failing which they will not be allowed for DV & IME. Candidate shall produce all original certificates, documents during DV & IME, failing which they will not be allowed for DV & IME.
- The final list of selected candidates against the vacancies will be uploaded on the CIL website only. These Candidates will be intimated about Documents Verification (DV) & Initial Medical Examination (IME) on CIL website and also on their registered E-mail Id only.
- Offer of Appointment will be issued only after successful completion of DV & IME and submission of relieving letter from present employer if working in Govt. Sector / PSU / Autonomous body.
APPLICATION FEE :
- Candidates belonging to GENERAL (UR) / OBC (Creamy Layer & Non- Creamy Layer) / EWS category are required to pay a Non-Refundable fee of ₹. 1000/- plus applicable GST – ₹.180/- totalling ₹. 1180/- (Rupees One Thousand One Hundred Eighty only).
- SC / ST / PwBD / Employees of Coal India Limited and its Subsidiaries are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Application fee will be paid through online mode only. There will be no other mode for payment of application fee. CIL will not be responsible in case a candidate deposits the fee in any wrong account. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore advised to verify their eligibility before applying. It may kindly be noted that CIL does not seek any other charges/fees except the above mentioned application fee.
UPPER AGE LIMIT:
The Upper Age Limit is 30 Years as on 31st -Aug-2023 for General (UR) & EWS category candidates.
Category-wise relaxation in Upper Age Limit is mentioned below:
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) – 3 Years
- SC / ST – 5 Years
- For Persons with Disabilities
- General (UR) -10 Years
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) – 13 Years
- SC / ST – 15 Years
- Candidates who are the domicile of J&K during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 as per Govt. of India guidelines-
- Relaxation for Ex-Servicemen (ESM) category candidates is as per extant Govt. of India guidelines.
The Upper Age Limit is relaxed subject to the condition that maximum age of the applicant on the crucial date i.e. 31st -Aug-2023 shall not exceed 56 years.
RESERVATIONS AND RELAXATIONS :
- Reservations and relaxations for SC / ST / OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) / PwBD (Percentage of Disability – 40% or above) / EWS / ESM candidates will be provided as per guidelines of Govt. of India for the purpose. The reservation for PwBD / ESM is on horizontal basis.
SC, ST & OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category candidates applying against General (UR) category post shall be considered in the General (UR) category for the purpose of availing relaxation in Upper Age Limit and application fee.
- Age relaxation to Ex-servicemen/Dependants of those who died in riots of 1984 (Dependants 1984/Dependants of Defence Persons killed in Action (DODPKIA) as per the DoPT guidelines.
- Relaxations for employees of Coal India Limited or its Subsidiary companies applying online against the advertisement will be as per the rules of the company i.e. no age limit and no application fee.
- For getting benefits of reservation under OBC-NCL category:
- Name of caste to which candidate belongs must appear in the Central List of Other Backward Classes of respective state as notified by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India for appointment to posts under GOI and Central Govt. Public Sector Undertakings. The name of the caste mentioned in the certificate should be spelled exactly in the same manner as appearing in the central list.
- Candidates need to furnish caste certificate issued by the competent authority in the latest prescribed format applicable for purpose of reservation in appointment to posts under Government of India/Central Government Public Sector Undertaking.
- The OBC category candidates who belong to “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled for OBC (NCL) concession/reservation and such candidates shall have to apply as “General” category candidate.
- For getting benefits of reservation under SC/ ST Category:
- Name of caste to which candidate belongs must appear in the Central List of SC/ST of respective state as notified by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India.
- The caste certificate must contain date of issue along with name of caste.
- The candidates need to furnish their SC/ST certificate as per the latest format prescribed by Government of India.
- For getting benefits of reservation under EWS category, the candidates:
- Should not be covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs and whose family has gross annual income below Rs. 8.00 Lakhs (Rupees Eight Lakhs Only). Income shall include income from all sources
i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. for the financial year prior to the year of application.
- Also persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of the family income:-
- 5 acres of agricultural land and above;
- Residential Flat of 1000 Sq Ft and above;
- Residential Plot of 100 Sq Yards and above in notified municipalities;
- Residential Plot of 200 Sq yards and above in areas other than the Notified Municipalities.
- The property held by a “Family” in different locations or different places/ cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS Status.
- The term “Family” for this purpose will include the person who seeks benefits of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years and also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
- The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by Competent Authority. The income and Asset Certificate and Caste Certificate issued by any one of the following authorities in the prescribed format as given in Annexure-I, shall only be accepted as proof of candidate’s claim as belonging to EWS/Caste.
- District Magistrate/ Additional District magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ Sub Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar and Sub-Divisional Officer of the Area where the candidate and /or his family normally resides.
- The crucial date for submitting income and asset certificate by the candidate may be treated as the closing date for receipt of application for the post.
This will be regulated as per Govt. of India Guidelines.
- For getting the benefit of reservation under PwBD category: The candidate should meet following criteria to claim relaxation/reservation under PwBD category-
- Degree of Disability – Minimum 40%
ii. PwBD certificate as per latest format applicable to relevant category of disability.
a. COMPENSATION / PAY:
Selected candidates will be placed as Management Trainee in E-2 Grade in the scale of pay of ₹. 50,000 – 1, 60,000/- at the initial Basic of ₹. 50,000/- per month during the training period. On successful and satisfactory completion of 1-year training period and passing the test conducted for the purpose, regularization will be in E-3 Grade in the scale of pay of ₹. 60,000 – 1, 80,000/- at the initial Basic of ₹.60, 000/- with probation for 1 year, if not extended. Besides Basic pay, candidates will also be entitled to Dearness Allowance, HRA, perquisites and allowances under cafeteria approach including Performance Related Pay (PRP) as applicable for the post. Benefits such as Leave, Medical facilities, CMPF, CMPS, Gratuity, CIL Executive Defined Contribution Pension Scheme etc. will be admissible as per extant rules of the company. The actual remuneration may vary depending on place of posting, financial performance of the Company and also performance rating of individual.
Candidates may be posted anywhere in Subsidiary companies including Coalfield areas. Only candidates willing to serve anywhere in India need to apply. However candidates will be required to submit three preference /choice for posting, but the final posting will be as per the availability of vacancy and decision of CIL Management in this regard will be final and binding.
c. SERVICE AGREEMENT BOND:
Appointed candidates are required to serve the company for a minimum period of 60 months from the date of joining the company. The candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond of ₹. 3 Lakhs (Rupees Three Lakhs) plus GST as applicable for the same at the time of joining. A deduction of Rs. 5000/- per month from the salary will be done towards this bond money which will be refunded without interest after successful completion of 60 months of service.
d. MEDICAL EXAMINATION:
Before appointment, the selected candidates will have to undergo Initial Medical Examination (IME) by the company’s Medical Committee, as per the Medical Attendance Rules of the company. The decision of the Medical Committee will be final and binding. The candidates are advised to go through the CIL’s Medical Attendance Rule available on CIL’s website and ensure that they meet the medical / physical standard to avoid any disappointment in IME.
- The candidates shall apply only through online mode through the link available on CIL website www.coalindia.in only under Career with CIL >>>> Jobs at Coal India section as per the qualification and eligibility criteria indicated above.
- While applying online, candidate needs to upload copies of the following self- attested documents. Please note that scanned documents should be clear and legible failing which candidature may be cancelled:
- Digital/Scanned copy of the recent passport size colour photograph (not older than 3 weeks in jpg/jpeg format).Scanned copy of signature with Black ink pen (in jpg/jpeg format).
- Scanned copies of the documents (in pdf format), as follows:
- Matriculation / Secondary Board level certificate /Admit Card in support of age.
- Mark sheet of graduation /post-graduation to establish the eligibility of the candidate
- Final / Provisional Degree / Certificate for Graduation and Post- Graduation, as applicable.
- Apart from the other required documents, the candidates of final year / semester / trimester in the academic year 2022-2023 will have to upload self-attested copy of their latest year / semester / trimester mark sheet / marks transcript of relevant minimum educational qualification. In case of CGPA/GPA, conversion in percentage certificate issued by University/Institute should be attached without fail.
- Candidates belonging to OBC (Non-Creamy Layer), SC / ST will have to upload self attested copy of valid caste certificate in prescribed format, as mentioned above.
- For PwBD category, self-attested copy of certificate in the prescribed format of Govt. of India duly issued by the competent authority, has to be uploaded.
- Candidates belonging to Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) will have to upload self attested copy of valid Income & Asset certificate issued by the competent authority as per OM No.36039/1/2019- Estt (Res) dated 31.01.19 of DoPT, Ministry of PPG&P, Govt. of India for the year 2022-2023, as mentioned above.
- Discharge / Service Certificate in case of Ex-Servicemen.
- Certificate issued in the prescribed format by the competent authority in respect of J&K domicile.
- Candidates presently employed in Government / Semi-Govt. / Public Sector Undertaking / Autonomous body should submit No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Competent Authority of their present employer as per point No. 5(d) of this advertisement. Any information submitted by candidate, if found false / wrong, will lead to cancellation of candidature of the candidate without any reference.
- Candidate can submit online application for one discipline (post) only.
- If more than one application is received from a candidate, most recent (current) application will be considered as final.
- Non-attachment of required/legible documents in the online application will be treated as incomplete application and will be rejected forthright.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS :
Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- All qualifications should be recognized by AICTE / UGC / appropriate Indian Statutory Authorities.
- CIL will not undertake detailed scrutiny of online applications for eligibility and other aspects for shortlisting purpose and, therefore, the candidature is only provisional. Before applying, candidates are advised to go through the requirements of essential qualification, age etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled and decision of CIL shall be final.
- No modifications are allowed after candidate submits the online application form. If any discrepancies are found in the data filled by the candidate online and that of the original testimonies, the candidature of such candidates is liable to be rejected. Hence, utmost care should be taken to furnish correct details before submitting the online application.
- Candidates employed with Government / Semi-Govt. / Public Sector Undertaking / Autonomous body should upload No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the present employer at the time of online application. If employed subsequent to submission of application at CIL, then No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the present employer at the time of Documents Verification (DV) & Initial Medical Examination (IME) is to be submitted, failing which they will not be allowed for DV & IME. Candidate shall produce all original certificates, documents during DV & IME, failing which they will not be allowed for DV & IME.
- The candidates must have an active E-mail Id & Mobile number which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communications with the candidates will take place only through their registered e-mail ID. Candidates have to ensure accuracy of their E-mail id & Mobile number. No change in E-mail Id & Mobile number as declared in the online application will be allowed.
- For queries, candidates are advised to visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section uploaded on the CIL’s website.
- CIL reserves the right to cancel / restrict / modify / alter the recruitment process, if need so arises, without assigning any reason thereof.
- Any modifications / amendments / corrigendum in the advertisement will be given in CIL’s website www.coalindia.in only.
- Candidates are also advised not to respond to unscrupulous advertisements appearing in any newspaper. For authenticity of any advertisement, the candidate may check on CIL’s website www.coalindia.in only.
All correspondences / announcements with respect to above recruitment process shall be done through E-mail / Notices on CIL website www.coalindia.in only. Important information regarding recruitment will be vailable in Coal India Limited website only and as such, candidates are advised to visit the same frequently. Company will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid / wrong Email ID provided by the candidate in online application or due to any other reason. Candidates are advised to retain the same E-mail Id and Mobile number active for at least 1 year. No request for change of e-mail or phone number will be accepted under any circumstances.
In case of any problems faced by the candidates in filling up the online application, they may refer the “Help Desk Option” available in the individual login portal. For queries other than the online application form candidates may write to Email Id: [email protected] only.
After / During Appointment, Candidature of the candidate in CIL will be subject to verification of Character & Antecedents by the prescribed authorities and if any discrepancy / suppression is found, the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled and decision of CIL in this regard shall be final.
Canvassing by a candidate in any form shall disqualify his/her candidature.
If, at any stage of the recruitment process or subsequently, it is found that, the applicant:
(a) has provided wrong information or submitted false documents or
(b) has suppressed relevant information or
(c) does not meet the eligibility criteria for this recruitment or
(d) has resorted to unfair means during selection process or
(e) is found guilty of impersonation.
She/he will be liable to be disqualified, prosecuted and debarred for all appointments in CIL and her/his application/appointment will be cancelled/rejected forthwith.
- Hindi version of detailed advertisement will be uploaded shortly.
- Any dispute with regard to recruitment against the above advertisement will be settled within the jurisdiction of Kolkata only.
12. CIL’s DECISION FINAL :
The decision of Chairman CIL in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, penalty for false information, mode of selection, selection and posting of selected candidates will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry/correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
General Manager (Personnel /Recruitment)
Coal India Limited “Coal Bhawan”
Premise No. 04, MAR Plot No. AF-III, Action Area – 1A, New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata – 700163