Kalyani University Recruitment Teaching Positions in Various Department. Kalyani University invites online applications from Indian citizens through the website www.klyuniv.ac.in or through the portal www.kums.klyuniv.ac.in for the appointment of 17 (Seventeen) teaching positions in the following departments. Applications received through any other mode will not be considered.
|S.N.||Name of the Department||Name of the Post||Number of Vacancies/Posts||Reservation||Specialization|
|1.||Statistics||Professor||1||OBC-B (1)||Multivariate Analysis/Biostatistics/Data Analytics/allied & relevant specialisation|
|Associate Professor||1||OBC-A (1)||Open|
|Assistant Professor||4||SC (3) ST (1)||Open|
|Associate Professor||2||SC (1) ST (1)||Environmental Sociology/Sociology of Development/Economy & Society/Sociology of Health/Sociological Theories/Industrial Sociology/allied & relevant specialisation|
|Assistant Professor||4||OBC-A (1) OBC-B (2) ST (1)||Science, Technology, & Society/ Sociology of Health/ Sociology of Culture & Transformation/Research Methodology/Population Studies/ Sociological Theories/allied & relevant specialisation|
|3.||Zoology||Professor||1||SC||Cell and Development Biology/Parasitology and Immunology/Fish and Fisheries/allied & relevant specialisation|
|Associate Professor||2||OBC-B (1) SC (1)||OBC-B: Cell and Development Biology//Parasitology and Immunology/Fish and Fisheries/Endocrinology and Reproductive Biology/allied & relevant specialisation SC: Cell and Development Biology//Parasitology and Immunology/Fish and Fisheries/allied & relevant specialisation|
|Assistant Professor||1||OBC-B (1)||Cell and Development Biology/Parasitology and Immunology/Fish and Fisheries/allied & relevant specialisation|
The pay structure (pay matrix) and other admissible allowances will strictly be followed under the rules of the Govt. of West Bengal for the post of Professor, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor. No TA/DA is allowable for attending the interview.
Applicants will have to pay the requisite application fees as per the following table during the application through the online portal only. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
|Name of the Post||Category||Application Fees (Rs.)|
|Professor & Associate Professor||OBC-B & OBC-A||2,000|
|SC & ST||500|
|Assistant Professor||OBC-B & OBC-A||1,000|
|SC & ST||250|
Applicants should have the minimum qualifications and experiences as per the most up-to- date recruitment directives and Memorandum of Government of West Bengal (G. O. No: 1081 – Edn(U) /1U – 91/10 dated Kolkata the 15th December 2021) for the direct recruitment of the Post of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor in the State-aided Universities. Information concerning the Academic Performance Indicator (API), wherever relevant, will be computed as per the most up-to-date Memorandum of the Govt. of West Bengal for the teachers in State-aided Universities.
Candidates presently employed in Central / State Government or Government aided Universities/colleges, Central/ State PSUs, or Semi Government organizations should apply through a proper channel and should produce NOC from their present employer at the time of the Interview.
Incomplete applications or applications bearing insufficient supporting documents regarding the credentials/experience will be summarily rejected.
Essential educational qualifications for the post of teaching positions Professor
- A distinguished scholar having Ph.D. degree in the concerned/appropriate discipline, and high quality research publications, vigorously engaged in research with proof of publications with, a minimum of 10 (ten) research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-CARE listed journals and total research score of 120 as prescribed in the UGC Regulations, 2018 as well as prescribed in the Government of West Bengal for the direct recruitment.
- A minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in University/College as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and/or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with support of having effectively guided doctoral candidates.
An exceptional professionals, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions /industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years’ of experience.
- A good academic record, with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic / research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution / Industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer reviewed or UGC-CARE listed journals and a total research score of Seventy-five (75) as prescribed in the UGC Regulations, 2018 as well as prescribed in the Government of West Bengal for the direct recruitment.
- A Master’s Degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) in a concern / relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET etc.
A good academic record, with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/relevant disciplines obtained from a foreign University / Institutions with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
- QS Ranking
- The Times Higher Education Ranking
- Shanghai ARWU Ranking
The academic score shall be considered for short listing of the candidates for interview only as prescribed in the UGC Regulations, 2018 and the selections shall be made on the basis of existing Government rules.
Relaxation of Marks for Direct Recruitment of the Post of Assistant Professor,
Associate Professor, and Professor
- A relaxation of 5% may be given at the Graduate and Masters level for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/other Backward Classes (non-creamy layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to teaching positions.
- The minimum qualifying marks of 55% is relaxable by 5% marks (from 55% to 50%) at the Master level for Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Master’s degree prior to September 19, l99l.
- The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- All the essential qualifications must have been obtained from a recognized University/ Institute. By a recognized University / Institute is meant a University/institute affiliated to UGC/other statutory apex bodies, or recognized by the State or Central Government as a centre of higher learning. In case of a foreign University, the degree concerned should be recognized as equivalent to its Indian counterpart by the Association of Indian Universities.
NET/SLET/SET Exemption for the Post of Assistant Professor
- The candidates who have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in the same or in a relevant subject in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or Regulations, 2016 are exempted from qualifying in the Eligibility Test (NET/SLET/SET).
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. programme prior to 11th July, 2009 shall be exempted from qualifying in the Eligibility Test (NET/SLET/SET) as described hereinafter.
- The award of Degree to candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye laws/Regulations of the institutions awarding the Degree in the subject shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET, subject to fulfilment of the following conditions:
- Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only
- Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners
- Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted,
- Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal,
- Candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences/seminars, based on his/her Ph. D. work.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University Concern.
The upper age limit is 40 years on the 1st January of the year of the advertisement and relaxable up to 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC Category (non-creamy layer) candidates for the post of Assistant Professor. Differently-abled candidates are entitled to an age relaxation of 10 years.
Reservation: The State Government norms regarding reservation as amended from time to time shall be followed.
General Instructions to the Candidates
- Candidates applying for more than one post will have to apply separately for each post.
- Employed applicants must submit their application through proper channel.
- Candidates belonging to the OBC-A and OBC-B categories, whose caste certificate was issued more than one year ago, must produce a ratification certificate from the issuing competent authority that they do not belong to the creamy layer as on date of advertisement along with a copy of the previous certificate. For reservation for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B the certificates issued by the competent authority within the state of West Bengal shall only be considered valid. Such certificates issued by other states shall not be considered for the purpose of reservation.
- The university reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reason thereof.
- Mere eligibility will not vest any right of any candidate for being called for interview/in any other form(s) of selection process. Only the short-listed candidates will be called for interview. The decision of the university in all matters will be final.
- All the original documents will be required at the time of interview for necessary verification.
- No correspondence from the candidates will be entertained in connection with the process of selection. Canvassing in any form will entail disqualification of Candidature.
(a) Appointment will be made on probation for one year. On satisfactorily completion of the probation period the incumbent concerned will be considered for being confirmation in service.
(b) Service conditions as will be notified by order of the Dept. of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal from time to time, will be applicable.
- Front Page of the published paper with proper mentioning of ISBN/ISSN/DOI number should be uploaded with the application form for the post of Professor and Associate Professor and the original certificates and complete publications should be placed before the selection committee during interview.
- Any dispute(s), subject to jurisdiction will be under the Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta only.
- Protection of pay will be given as per G.O.No. 951(21)-Edn(U)/1U-87/16 Dated 26.08.2019 and University Ordinance.
Last date of submission of online application is 11.11.2022