Indian Maritime University Admissions for Ph.D and MS (by Research) programmes January 2022. IMU Admissions 2021 – 2022.
Indian Maritime University
The Indian Maritime University came into being through an Act of Parliament (Act 22) on 14th November 2008 as a Central University and is poised to play a key role in the development of trained human resource for the maritime sector. 14th November is celebrated as ‘IMU Day’ every year.
The following are the objectives of the University:
(i) To facilitate and promote maritime studies, training, research and extension work with focus on emerging areas of studies like oceanography, maritime history, maritime laws, maritime security, search and rescue, transportation of dangerous cargo, environmental studies and other related fields, and also to achieve excellence in these and connected fields and other matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
|Date of commencement of Online Registration of application||27.12.2021|
|Last date for Online Registration||17.01.2022|
|Hall Ticket download (tentative)||14.01.2022|
|Date of Entrance Test (center based)||21.01.2022|
|Date of Interview (tentative)||15.02.2022|
|Commencement of Programme (tentative)||01.03.2022|
Applications are invited for admission to:
ii. Integrated Ph.D.
iii. M.S. (By Research), in the following Schools in Part Time/Full Time mode:
School of Nautical Studies
School of Marine Engineering and Technology
School of Maritime Management
School of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
Category reservations will be given as per Government of India Norms.
Teaching Research Fellowships (subject to IMU rules & regulations) will be awarded to Full Time candidates only.
The online registration link will release shortly on the website. Interested candidates are advised to read the brochure carefully before applying.
Last date for registration: 17.01.2022
Hall Ticket download (tentative): 21.01.2022
Date of Entrance Test (Centre Based): 28.01.2022
Date of Interview (tentative): 22.02.2022
Commencement of Programme (tentative): 01.03.2022
Admissions to the Research Programmes- January 2022 batch of IMU General Instructionsfor Registration
- Please go through the following instructions carefully.
- The candidate shall be solely responsible for any loss or hardship caused to him due to his non reading or non-adherence to these instructions.
- The candidate is requested to visit IMU’s website (https://www.imu.edu.in) periodically to keep track of new announcements and changes if any.
- The online registration website of IMU can be best viewed with screen resolution of 1024×768 pixels or higher, using Internet Explorer 10 / Mozilla Firefox 16 / Google Chrome 23 or higher.
- If you have any difficulty in filling the online application form, please send an email to [email protected] indicating the problem faced.
1. The Entrance Test – January2022 is for candidates seeking admission to the following research programmes of IMU
- ) MS (By Research)
- ) Integrated Ph.D.
- ) Ph.D.
2. Entrance Test is scheduled to be held on 21.01.2022 between 10.00 am and 1.00 pm at IMU Campuses of Navi Mumbai, Chennai, Kochi, Kolkata, Vishakhapatnam. Candidates have to choose a centre for writing the entrance test while filling in the online registration form.
3. To see the Educational Qualifications required for above Programme, Click here. (Admission Brochure link)
Note: Candidates having PG Degree from Foreign University have to submit Equivalence Certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), if selected for Ph.D. Programme.
4. The last date for Online Registration is 10.01.2022 till 11.59 pm.
5. The Entrance Test is mandatory for admissions to: PhD, Integrated Ph.D. & MS (By Research) and it will consist of:
- Entrance Test for Research Programmes will have 2 parts (Total time duration is 3 hours)
I. Part 1: Multiple Choice Questions – 120 (Time duration is 2 hours)
Syllabus: General Mental Ability, Knowledge of Maritime sector & Knowledge of the School / Area of Research.
II. Part 2: Essay Test (Time duration is 1 hour) Syllabus: Relevant topic related to the School / Research Area. Part 2 will start immediately after completion of Part 1.
6. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
7. Registration Fee payable is: Rs. 700/- for candidates from SC/ST category and Rs. 1,000/-for all others. It is non-refundable.
8. Registration Fee shall be paid only online.
9. The registration process is divided into two parts
i) Basic Registration – this is for generating the Application Number and password. Last date for Basic Registration is 10.01.2022 till 11:59 PM.
ii) Detailed Registration – This has two steps:
a. Capturing further details on Personal information, Academic Details and Document upload. The last date for completing Detailed Registration is10.01.2022 till 11.59 PM.
b. Making the Online Payment. Last date for making Online Payment towards Registration Fees, is 10.01.2022till 11:59 PM.
N.B. Basic Registration does not mean the candidate has successfully submitted the Application Form. Only after completing the Detailed Registration, the Application Form submission is completed successfully. On successful submission the Candidate will get an email to their registered email address stating the same. The Candidate can download the successfully completed Application form for their reference and record.
13. Please note that fields marked with asterisk (*) are mandatory in the Registration Form. Candidates having CGPA in UG/PG have to convert it to the percentage of marks as per their University rules.
14. The candidates having Mariners with Masters/MEO Class I CoC (but don’t have 12th) have to fill in their diploma details in diploma qualification as well as in 12th qualification also while applying for Integrated PhD/MS(By Research) programme only.
15. After the ‘Basic Registration’, the system will generate and display the Application Number and password, which will also be communicated to the candidate by Email and SMS.
16. Candidates shall upload the following documents at the time of Detailed Registration:
a. Scanned copy of the passport size photograph (JPG/PNG/JPEG, Max 1 MB, Dimension – Min 100 px& Max 150 px).
b. Scanned copy of the signature of the candidate (JPG/PNG/JPEG, Max 1 MB, Dimension – Min 50 px& Max 150 px).
c. Scanned copy of 10th Standard Mark Sheet (Only pdf Max 1 MB).
d. Scanned copy of 12th Standard Mark Sheet (wherever applicable) (Only pdf Max 1 MB).
e. Scanned copy of UG Degree Certificate (wherever applicable) (Only pdf Max 1 MB).
f. Scanned copy of PG Degree Certificate (wherever applicable) (Only pdf Max 1 MB).
g. Scanned copy of MEO-I/COC Certificate (wherever applicable) (Only pdf Max 1 MB).
h. Teaching Experience Certificate (wherever applicable) (Only pdf Max 1 MB).
i. Community Certificate in respect of SC/ST/OBC (NCL) candidates (wherever applicable) (Only pdf Max 1 MB).
j. Economically Weaker Section Certificate (for General-EWS Candidates) (wherever applicable) (Only pdf Max 1 MB).
k. Disability Certificate (wherever applicable) (Only pdf Max 1 MB).
17. After successful completion of the Detailed Registration, the submitted Registration Form will be available for download. You are requested to take a print out of the same for future reference.
18. Please note that the Service Charges / Payment Gateway Charges for making the Online Payment Transaction are to be borne by the candidate only.
19. Candidates need not submit any hard copy of the application to IMU.
20. After final submission of Registration Form no changes are allowed. Therefore, it is requested that the candidate fill in details in the form carefully. If a candidate fails to adhere to the instruction and makes mistake while filling the form, he/she shall have to fill in the IMU Registration Form afresh. No refund of registration fee is allowed in such cases.
21. Candidates will be able to download the Hall Ticket/Admit Card from 14.01.2022 tentatively.
22. Notwithstanding the fact that a candidate’s Online Registration may have been successful and / or that a candidate may have cleared the Entrance Test if any inadequacies or discrepancies or false claims are detected in the documents uploaded at the time of the Online Registration and/or in the original documents produced, if any, subsequently and/or in the Original documents produced at the time of verification, IMU reserves the right to disqualify the candidate from admission.
23. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidates.
24. Legal disputes, if any, shall lie within the jurisdiction of Courts based in Chennai city only.
- Helpline Numbers: 044 – 2453 9027/ 9028 / 9048
- Email Id: [email protected]