Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Applications are invited for filing up of one post of Senior Consultant (Research and Coordination) in Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi from retired Professors on contract basis. The details regarding eligibility criteria, terms and conditions are as under:
Qualification and Experience:
- Record of proven contribution to the field of academics and research for at least 20 years
- Administrative experience of academic institutions
- Experience of evaluation and supervision of researches
- Experience and expertise in publications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
The Consultant would help in implementing and carrying forward various academic and research initiatives of the ICSSR. He will also provide valuable inputs for researches and publications of ICSSR and execute other works assigned by the Chairperson, ICSSR.
The terms and conditions of engagement of the Senior Consultant would be guided by the Office Memorandum No. 3-25/2020-E.III A dated 9.12.2020 of Department of Expenditure.
The term of appointment shall initially for a period of six months which is extendable on the basis of performance, provided it shall not be extended beyond 5 years after superannuation.
Retired Professor from Central/State Universities who are eligible and willing to except the terms and conditions may send application through email to [email protected] with duly filled bio-data along with copy of PPO, Pensioner’s card up to the working hours of 28th June 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend the interview as and when informed.
General Terms and Conditions: Annexure-I
- The Contractual appointment will be purely on Contract basis.
- The monthly remuneration payable will be fixed as per formula of ‘Last pay-minus-Pension’ excluding Dearness Allowance. The amount of remuneration shall remain unchanged for the entire term of the contract. There will be no annual increment/percentage increases during the contract period.
- An appropriate and fixed amount as Transport Allowance for the purpose of commuting between the residence and the place of work shall be allowed not exceeding the rate applicable to the appointee at the time of retirement. The amount so fixed shall remain unchanged during the term of appointment. However, retired employees engaged as consultants may be allowed TA/DA on official tour, if any, as per their entitlement at the time of retirement.
- The consultant will not be entitled for any other kind of allowances and residential accommodation. He/she will also not be entitled to telephone facilities, transport facilities etc.
- Paid leave of absence may be allowed at the rate of 1.5 days for each completed month of service. Accumulation of leave beyond a calendar year may not be allowed/carried forward in case the engagement period is extended. Also, no payment in lieu of un-utilized leaves will be paid by ICSSR at the time of expiry of contract.
- The ICSSR shall reserve the right to terminate the services of Senior Consultant at any time without giving any notice and also without assigning any reason. The engagement of Senior Consultant will not confer any right on the part of individual for permanent appointment to the post.
- The Consultants may be called to the Office on Saturdays, Sundays and other Gazetted Holidays or may be asked to sit late in the office after office hours in case of exigency of work. No extra allowances will be permissible for the same.
- The Senior Consultant shall continue to draw pension and dearness relief on pension, if any, during the period of their engagement as Senior Consultant. Their engagement as Senior Consultant shall not be considered as a case of re-employment.
- No TA/DA shall be admissible to the Senior Consultant for attending the interview or for taking up the appointment. Senior Consultant will not be allowed any foreign travel at Government expenses.
- If any declaration given or information furnished by the candidate proves to be false or if the candidate is found to have wilfully suppressed any material information he will be liable for removal from engagement service and such other action as Government may deem necessary.