Hansraj College Recruitment 2022: Online applications are invited in the prescribed Application Form at web link https://colrec.du.ac.in or visit college website www.hansrajcollege.ac.in from the eligible candidates for appointment to the post of Assistant Professor in following subjects, in the Academic Level 10 with rationalized entry pay of Rs 57,700/- as per 7th CPC pay matrix in addition to other usual allowances. The last date for receipt of application is within two weeks from the date of publication of advertisement in the Employment News.
|S. No.||Subject||No. of Post(s)||UR||OBC||SC||ST||EWS||PwBD|
UR-Unreserved, OBC-Other Backward Classes, SC-Schedule Caste, ST-Schedule Tribe, EWS – Economically Weaker Section, PwBD-Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, LD-Locomotor Disability, VI-Visual Impairment, SLD – Specific Learning Disability.
Important Note: The details regarding qualifications, publications, experience, screening guidelines and indicative proforma etc. are available on the College website along with this advertisement. The applicants are required to read these details before filling up the form. Any addendum/ corrigendum shall be posted only on the College website.
Qualifications for the post of Assistant Professor in the University Colleges ASSISTANT PROFESSOR:
I. For the disciplines of Arts, Commerce, Humanities, Law, Social Sciences, Sciences, Languages, Library Science, Journalism & Mass Communication and Physical Education.
Eligibility (A or B) A.: Hansraj College Recruitment 2022
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR (exemption from NET shall be granted in accordance with clause (ii) and (iii) of General Note)
The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign University/Institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) The Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) The Academic Ranking Of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Note: The academic score as specified in the screening guidelines for the Colleges of the University shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview only, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview.
(Kindly refer to General Note)
- Explanatory Note: In pursuance of the clause 1.1.(i) of the UGC Regulations 2018, existing qualifications for Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor and Principal have been retained with respect to departments of the University/colleges where courses related to Teacher Education are offered, for which NCTE guidelines will apply. (Reference EC Resolution No. 16 dated 28.05.2015).
GENERAL NOTE: Hansraj College Recruitment 2022
- The direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors in the Colleges shall be on the basis of merit through all India advertisement and selection by the duly constituted Selection Committees.
- The National Eligibility Test (NET) shall be the minimum eligibility for appointment of Assistant Professor.
Provided that candidates who have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulation, 2009, or the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and
Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D. Degree) Regulation, 2016, and their subsequent amendments from time to time, as the case may be, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor in the College.
Provided further that the award of degree to candidates registered for the M.Phil/Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances / Bye- laws / Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree. All such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors inthe Colleges subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in regular mode only;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been awarded by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at leastone is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers, based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
- The clearing of NET shall not be required for candidates in such disciplines for which NET has not been conducted.
- A minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) at the master’s level shall be the essential qualification for direct recruitment of teachersand other equivalent cadres at any level.
A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non- Creamy Layer)/Differently Abled [Persons with Benchmark Disability PwBD)] in the category of (a) VI, (b) LD and (c) SLD. The eligibility of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed), wherever specified and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
- A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university, at the master’s level shall also be considered eligible.
- The time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. and/ or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching/research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions. Further the period of active service spent on pursuing research degree simultaneously with teaching assignment without taking any kind of leave, shall be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment.
- The number of candidates to be called for interview for the teaching posts in the Colleges, shall be determined after screening of applications in accordance with the guidelines laid down in the
Screening guidelines annexed with this advertisement.
- (a) No person shall be appointed to the post of Assistant Professor in the Colleges, if such person does not fulfill the requirements as to the qualifications for the appropriate post laid out herein and in theOrdinance XXIV of the Ordinances of the University.
(b) Those entering the service as Assistant Professor having a post-doctoral teaching/research experience, after obtaining a Ph.D. degree and proven credentials, may be eligible for discretionary award of advance increments to be given to the person, as decided and recorded by the Selection Committee in the minutes of its meeting.
Discretionary award of advance increments is not applicable to those entering the profession as Assistant Professor who are entitled for grant of advance increments for having acquired a Ph.D., M.Phil. or M.Tech. and LLM degree.
- For those entering the service in the College, other stipulations prescribed by the UGC/University shall be mandatory for all posts.
Guidelines for Screening/ Shortlisting of candidates for appointment to the post of Assistant Professor in the College
In order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview so as to enable the Selection Committee to have a comprehensive assessment of the candidates, applications received for the faculty position shall be screened on the basis of the academic and other related credentials of the candidates through the following criteria:
For the post of Assistant Professor, the criteria for evaluation of candidates for determining their eligibility for shortlisting shall be on based on a 100 point scale. The distribution of marks will be as follows:
I. Criteria for Short-listing of Candidates for Interview for the Post of Assistant Professors in Colleges of the University
|S. No.||Academic Record||Score|
|1.||Graduation||80% & Above = 21||60% to less than80% = 19||55% toless than 60% = 16||45% to less than 55% =10|
|2.||Post-Graduation||80% & Above = 25||60% to less than80% = 23||55% (50% in case of SC/ST/OBC (non- creamy layer)/ (PwBD) to less than 60% = 20|
|3.||M.Phil/M.Tech/LLM/M.Ed or equivalent||60% & above = 07||55% to less than 60% = 05|
|5.||NET with JRF||10|
|7.||Research Publications (2 marks foreach research publications published inPeer-Reviewedor UGC-listed Journals)||06|
|8.||Teaching / Post– Doctoral Experience (2marks for one year each)#||10|
|International / National Level||03|
|(Awards given by International|
|Organisations/ Government of India|
|/ Governmentof India|
|recognized National Level Bodies)|
|(Awards given by State Government)|
# However, if the period of Teaching/Post-doctoral experience is less than one year then the marks shall be reduced proportionately.
|(A)||(i) (ii) (iii)||M.Phil + Ph.D. : JRF/NET : In awards category :||Maximum – 25 Marks Maximum – 10 Marks Maximum – 03 Marks|
(B) Academic Score : 84
Research Publications : 06
Teaching Experience : 10
Total Score : 100
- The Screening Committee will draw a list of all the candidates indicating the marks scored by them in descending order i.e. starting from the candidate getting the highest marks towards the candidates getting the lower marks.
- In case of tie in the marks of two or more candidates, the candidate having the higher/highest marks at the Master’s level shall be ranked above the other(s).
- For appointment in the Colleges, all candidates securing 60 marks and above shall be called for interview for posts of Assistant Professors. A minimum of 50 candidates for the first vacancy and 20 candidates for every additional vacancy shall be called for interview in order of their ranks in the list prepared by the Screening Committee on the basis of marks scored by the candidates. In case the minimum number of candidates as specified above is not available, the benchmark of 60 marks may be progressively lowered as required, until the minimum eligibility as specified in Ordinance XXIV is reached so that this minimum number of candidates shall be called for interview.
- The marks awarded to the candidates during the process of screening of applications shall not have any weightage/credit or merit during assessment/interview of the candidates by the Selection Committee as these marks shall be used only for screening/shortlisting purposes.
- The time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. and/ or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching/ research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions. Further the period of active service spent on pursuing research degree simultaneously with teaching assignment without taking any kind of leave, shall be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment/ promotion.
- In case of any dispute with regard to screening of the applications, the decision of the Screening Committee shall be final.
- The status of short-listing will be made available on the dashboards of the respective applicants for information.
IV. Important Note: Hansraj College Recruitment 2022
- The entire onus of the content/authenticity of the information being uploaded in the form of application and its attachments shall exclusively rest with the applicant in terms of eligibility for recruitment and for subsequent selection through due process.
- The College shall, in no way, be responsible for any error/omission/commission/suppression of relevant information by the applicant knowingly/unknowingly/overtly/covertly while filling up the application form and uploading the documents required therein.
- In case the applicant gets screened/shortlisted/selected/appointed on the basis of the credentials furnished by him/her which are, on scrutiny, found to be incorrect/inadmissible/forged/fabricated/falsified, his/her candidature shall be liable to be cancelled at any stage of the recruitment/at any time during the tenure of the service and appropriate legal action under applicable law shall be initiated against the applicant.
- The College reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the applicant. In case of any dispute arising out of such a situation, the decision of the College shall be final and binding on the applicant.
General instructions for Applicants
- All applicants are required to apply online in the prescribed format with complete, correct information and attachments. The applicant will be solely responsible for the authenticity of the submitted information. Applicants are required to fill the application form as available at web-link https://colrec.du.ac.in on the website of the University of Delhi. The details regarding qualifications, experience, screening guidelines etc. are available on the College website www.hansrajcollege.ac.in along with this advertisement. The applicants are required to read these details before filling up the form.
- Applicants should possess the prescribed qualifications and experience as on the closing date of application, as prescribed by the University for the Colleges from time to time. The post advertised carry UGC pay scales plus admissible allowances. The posts are being advertised keeping in view the broad areas of specialization in subjects. However, the Department concerned may have specific requirement of specialization.
- The applications received shall be screened as per screening guidelines attached with this advertisement for short listing and recommending the applicants to be called for interview. Mere fulfillment of the qualification or the eligibility criteria does not entitle an applicant to be necessarily considered or called for interview.
Publications ‘under submission’ or submitted to referees will not be considered towards calculation of marks for publication criteria. Further, all the items for which marks are claimed should be strictly in accordance with the screening guidelines attached with the advertisement.
The minimum score requirement for shortlisting of applicants for the post of Assistant Professor is indicated in the screening guidelines attached herewith.
- Application fees and application form(s) are to be submitted as per details given below:
- Fees for Assistant Professor is Rs.500/- for UR/OBC/EWS category.
- No application fee will be charged from applicants from SC, ST, PwBD category and Women applicants.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- No application fee shall be charged from applicants, who had applied for the same post in the preceding advertisement, subject to the condition that interview for the said post in the said subject had not been conducted. (The applicant shall have to provide the relevant details/proof of his/her having applied for the post against the advertisement referred herein).
- Application forms have to be filled only in online mode, as available on the web link of the University of Delhi, within the prescribed time limit indicated in the advertisement. No offline forms would be accepted.
- Payment should be made online only, through credit/debit card/Net Banking.
- Applicants applying for more than one post/department must apply separately and pay fees separately.
- In order to avoid last minute rush, the applicants are advised to apply early. In case of any persistent technical issue, the applicants can mail their problem at the College E-mail ID : [email protected]
- The reservation for applicants from SC, ST, EWS, OBC (non-creamy layer), and Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) categories will be applicable as per UGC/Central Government norms.
Applicants seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD categories must upload the necessary documents justifying the claim of respective reservation as per Govt. of India lists/rules/norms. The certificate uploaded should be in the format prescribed by the Union Government and should be digitally verifiable.
In case the applicant wants to claim benefits under the PwBD category, the applicant’s relevant disability should not be less than 40 per cent. Proof to this effect in the form of a valid Disability Certificate must be uploaded with the application.
Applicants applying for the post(s) reserved for OBC must upload certificate of OBC (non- creamy layer) in the prescribed form issued by Competent Authority. The certificate should be of the current financial year, in accordance with instructions issued by the Union Government in this respect from time to time. Applicants should ascertain that they belong to the reserved categories (caste) enlisted in the Central List for the Other Backward Classes.
If the relevant certificates for respective reserved categories are not uploaded with the application, the application may be rejected and no appeal against its rejection will be entertained.
- Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt. of India, the College shall process the applications entirely on the basis of information/documents uploaded with the application. In case the information/documents are found to be false/ incorrect by way of omission or commission, the responsibility shall lie solely with the applicant and the applicant shall be liable for action as per law.
- The Shortlisted candidates called for interview should report along with all the testimonials/certificates in original along with valid photo ID (Aadhaar/Voter Id/Driving License/Passport). A set of self-attested photocopy of certificates/testimonials with respect to the qualifications, experience and category as applicable, indicated in the online application form, duly certified by the applicant should be submitted at the time of interview.
- Applicants serving in Government/Public Sector Undertakings (including Boards/ Autonomous Bodies) are required to submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer, at the time of interview, if not uploaded with the online application earlier. The NOC should also indicate the vigilance clearance from the parent department.
- All correspondence from the College including interview letter, if any, shall be sent only to the e-mail address provided by the applicant in the online application form.
- Applications which do not meet the eligibility criteria given in this advertisement and / or are incomplete in any respect shall be summarily rejected. Before applying online, applicants are advised to go through detailed notice available on the website of the College.
- Applicants must NOT furnish any particulars that are false, tampered or fabricated, or suppress any material / information while submitting the online application and uploading self-certified copies/testimonials.
- The College further reserves the right to amend the number of posts or not to fill any of the posts mentioned in the advertisement at its discretion without assigning any reasonthereof.
- Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of Interview may also be filled up from the available shortlisted candidates.
- The College will verify the antecedents of the applicant at the time of appointment or anytime during the tenure of the service. In case it is found that the documents/information submitted by the candidate is false or the candidate has suppressed relevant information, the services of the candidate shall be terminated without prejudice to any other action initiated by the College.
- In case of the any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issuance of offer letter, the College reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the applicants.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the College shall be final. Applicants are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
- No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending interview.
- The last date for submission of the form shall be as specified in the advertisement.
- Canvassing in any form will be treated as a disqualification.
- Any dispute regarding the recruitment will fall under the jurisdiction of Delhi.