University of Madras PhD Admission 2024. Admission to Ph.D. Programme – January 2024 session – Submission of Application- Opening of Online Portal in the University website – Intimated-Reg.
University of Madras PhD Admission 2024
It is to inform you that the online portal for Ph.D. programme for January 2024 session will be opened in the University website www.unom.ac.in and it will be available from 01.12.2023 to 31.12.2023.
The candidates who desire to get admission for January 2024 session are directed to apply through online and submit the hard copy of the filled in application form along with relevant enclosures to the concerned University Departments / Affiliated Colleges / Research Institutions where they are proposed to undergo their research work along with the application cost of Rs. 1500/- with 18% GST (i.e. 1,770/-) through online payment.
The Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe of Tamilnadu candidates alone are exempted from paying the application cost and that they should send the copy of the proof at the time of submission of applications.
Further, I am to inform you that the Departmental Selection Committee should be convened only after the last date of receipt of applications i.e. 31.12.2023 from the candidates for January 2024 session and the Entrance Examination should be conducted during the month of January 2024 only i.e. on or before 31-01-2024.
A separate online portal for supervisors will be opened in the University website on 01-01-2024 and the Supervisors should submit the required information’s through online by using the candidate’s application number as user-id and DOB of the candidate as password and complete the admissionprocess and send the list of selected candidates along with enclosures to the University on or before15.02.2024.
The applications received after the stipulated time will not be considered for admission.
The Departmental Selection Committee shall conduct the entire process of admission ie. conduct of Entrance Examination (Written (35) + 0ral (15) = 50 Marks), Preparation of merit list of candidates and verification of certificates.
- Central University of Haryana PhD Admission 2024
- Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2024
- Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya Ph.D Admission 2024
- MANUU PhD Admission 2024 | Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Presidency University Ph.D. Programme Admission 2024
The detail of guidelines / Research Regulations 2021 for the above is available in the University website.
The minutes of the selection process duly signed by the Departmental Selection Committee shall be forwarded by the Heads of the University Departments/ Institutions to the University for Provisional Registration on perusal of records submitted. The University will provide a check-list for this purpose.
You are also informed to track the candidate’s application status through University website.
The ultimate responsibility of admission rests only with the Heads of the Departments of theUniversity/Principals of the Affiliated Colleges / Directors of the Research Institutions concerned. If it is observed at a latter stage that the admission accorded by the University Department/AffiliatedCollege/Research Institutions is incorrect, the same will be cancelled by the University at any stage of the Ph.D. programme.
The Heads of the University/Principals of the Affiliated Colleges/Directors of the Research Institutions shall certify that the selections are made on the basis of Research Regulations 2021 issued by the University.
The candidate’s approval communication for Admission/Registration and RAC maybe downloaded through the tracking system to ease the reach of communication permanently till the completion of Ph.D. programme.
You are requested to provide your e-mail details in all your communications for further process.Your kind co-operation in this regard is highly appreciated and you are also requested to display in the notice board for the information of students and faculties.
NOTE: University of Madras PhD Admission 2024
1. Hard copy of the online Applications should be submitted to the respective University Departments/Affiliated Colleges (Autonomous and Non- Autonomous)/Research Institutionson or before 31-12-2023.
2. Supervisor’s details should be furnished through on-line by using Candidates application Number and DOB (DD/MM/YYYY] as User-id and Password from 01-01-2024 to 31-01-2024.
3. The University Departments /Affiliated Colleges (Autonomous and Non- Autonomous) / Research Institutions should send the hard copy of Applications with supportive documents; Supervisor online portal Entry and Self-Declaration stating number of students registered with them, and Minutes of the Selection Committee to de University on or before 15-02-2024.
4. The online application designed for the January 2024 Session alone will be accepted and other applications will not be considered under any circumstances.
5. A supervisor shall not be permitted to register candidates for Ph.D. in the last two years of his/her service. It is the responsibility of the Supervisor to recommend admission of research scholars under his/her supervision two years before his/her retirement. The Head of the institution should monitor and certify that the research supervisor has more than two years of service before retirement while recommending for ratification of admission of research scholars.
6. Supervisors should strictly adhere the research regulations prescribed by the University from time to time and certify the documents as per the checklist verified and found correct.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS: University of Madras PhD Admission 2024
1. Candidates have to upload the photograph and signature in .jpeg format (image quality 200 dpi). The size of photograph and signature must be between 10 kb to 40 kb and 10 kb to 30 kb respectively.
2. Pattern of Study 10+2+3+2 (or) 11+1+3+2 are eligible for admission to do Ph.D. Programme.
3. Candidate should have obtained a Master’s Degree with 55% marks in the qualifying examination (PG Degree). For SC/ST candidates and for candidates who have completed the PG degree before 1991, the minimum can be 50% for admission to the Ph.D. Programme.
4. According to the Government Order, the M.Phil Degree obtained by the candidates through the correspondence / Distance Education / Open University System prior to 3rdApril 2009i.e., the date of the Government order,only will be considered as eligible and the M.Phil degree obtained through the Correspondence / Distance Education / Open University System after 3rdApril 2009 are not eligible.
5. Candidates possessing educational qualification as stated above whose place of work is within the jurisdiction of the University (Chennai, Tiruvallur, Chengalpattu and Kancheepuram) and falling under any of the following categories, are eligible for admission in Part-Time mode
a. A regular (permanent) teacher working in a Department or in an affiliated College of the University or in a State/ Central University coming within the territorial jurisdiction of the University of Madras, after two yearsof continuous service without break in service.
b. A regular (permanent) PG Assistant of Higher Secondary Schools / BT Assistant / Secondary Grade Teacher, a teacher of Polytechnic recognized by the Department of Technical Education of Central or State governments, with four years of continuous service in the same employer after obtaining PG Degree.
c. Full-time Guest lecturers with four years of continuous teaching experience in the same affiliated college or research institution or stand- alone institution or State / Central Universities coming within the territorial jurisdiction of the University of Madras.
d. A non-teacher candidate working for four years after the qualifying degree as a regular employee in a registered firm / Institution and satisfying the rules framed separately by the Syndicate from time to time.
e. Administrative staff members and non-teaching professionals working as regular employees in the state and central government offices, government owned autonomous organizations and internationally acclaimed MNCs, subject to satisfying other conditions such as four years of service after the qualifying degree and jurisdictional restriction of place of employment.
f. All applicants shall produce certificates from their employers about duration and nature of employment and No Objection Certificatefrom the appropriate authority in the organization where the candidate is employed, by clearly stating that:
· The candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis.
· His/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for research.
· If required, he/she will be relieved from the duty to complete the course work
g. Candidates aspiring for Part-Time Ph.D. course are working corporate / IT enabled service sectors, such candidate should submit their application through proper channel by submitting a letter affixing e-sign (DSC affixed) and not as an email letter subject to fulfilling the norms mentioned above.
6. A Supervisor shall not be permitted to register candidates for Ph.D. in the last two years of his/her service. It is the responsibility of the Supervisor to recommend admission of doctoral students under his/her supervision two years before his/her retirement.
7. Research Supervisor should be employed in the University Departments /University affiliated Colleges / Research Institutions within the jurisdiction of University of Madras
8. The online application designed for the January 2024 session alone will be accepted and other applications will not be considered for admission under any circumstances.
9. Candidates are informed to submit the Hard copy of the on-line Application form to the respective University Department / Affiliated College / Research Institution where the candidate is proposed to do their research work on or before 31.12.2023.
10. Please read the Ph.D. Regulations 2021 before applying by visiting our University website www.unom.ac.in
For further information on eligibility condition please visit our University website for Research Regulations 2021 [ https://exam.unom.ac.in/phd/download/PhD_Regulations.pdf ]