Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit Ph.D Admission 2023 Notification. Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the Ph.D programme 2023 through the University website: www.ssus.ac.in.
Table of Contents
The programme is offered under regular mode in strict compliance with the Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit Ph.D. Regulations, 2023 as amended from time to time (hereinafter referred to as the ‘University Regulations’).
Admission to the Full Time Ph.D Programmes : 2023
Applications are invited for admission to full time PhD programmes in the following departments (list of departments and number of seats available are given below).
Application specifying the Research Department to which admission is sought shall be submitted online to the Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit through its website: www.ssus.ac.in.
The programmes are offered under regular mode in strict compliance with the University Regulations governing Ph.D programmes as notified or amended from time to time.
|Sl. No.||Department||Number of vancancy for Ph.D.|
|14||Sanskrit Vedic Studies||1|
The following are eligible to seek admission to the Ph.D. Programme:
- Candidates who have completed:
- A Post graduate degree in the disciplines concerned or related disciplines with B+ Grade of this University or its equivalent and above;
- A 1-year/2-semester Master’s Degree Programme after a 4-year/8-semester Bachelor’s Degree Programme (Honours/Research) or a 2-year/4-semester Master’s Degree Programme after a 3-year Bachelor’s degree Programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever grading system is followed;
Provided that an applicant seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester Bachelor’s Degree Programme (Honours/Research) should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC and ST communities, OBC (non-creamy layer), persons with disability, Economically Weaker Section (EWS), gender non-confirming persons (GNCP) and other categories of applicants as per the decision of the University from time to time.
- An equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- Applicants from SC and ST communities, OBC (non-creamy layer), persons with disability, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and gender non- confirming persons (GNCP) require a minimum of B Grade of SSUS or its equivalent in the Postgraduate Degree. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC and ST communities, OBC (non-creamy layer), persons with disability, Economically Weaker Section (EWS), gender non-confirming persons (GNCP) and other categories of applicants as per the decision of the University from time to time.
- Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. Programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Programme. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC and ST communities, OBC (non-creamy layer), persons with disability, Economically Weaker Section (EWS), gender non-confirming persons (GNCP) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University from time to time.
Related disciplines can be any discipline having some converging areas of study with the domain subject offered by the concerned department. Applicants who have obtained their Postgraduate Degrees in related disciplines can be granted admission only if their research is of an interdisciplinary nature. The Departmental Research Committees of the Departments concerned, shall ensure this by properly evaluating the research proposals and interviewing the candidate.
Procedure for admission
Admissions to the Ph. D Programme shall be through an Entrance Examination and an Interview conducted by the concerned Academic Departments. No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Entrance Examination and in the Interview.
The thrust areas of the entrance examination for each discipline will be 50% from research methodology and 50% from the respective disciplines). The interview will be conducted by the Departmental Research Committee (DRC).
Allotment of the research supervisors will be made by the DRC on the basis of the research area of the available research supervisors and the research proposals submitted by the scholars.
The admission will be based on merit assessed through the Entrance Examination and Interview procedures with the weightage of 70% for the Entrance Test and 30% for the performance in the Interview.
However, admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall be provided only on the basis of vacancies and the specializations/areas of research available in the Departments, appraised by the Heads of Departments after consultation with the research supervisors in the Department. DRC
of the respective Departments are at liberty to admit less number of candidates than was notified, in case suitable candidates are not available.
A three hour (3 hours) duration entrance examination shall be conducted by the Departments and the question paper will carry 70 marks. Based on the performance of the candidates in the Entrance Examinations, a ‘List of Qualified Candidates’ for Interview will be prepared and published on the website of the University.
The candidates who secure a minimum of 50% marks or above in the entrance examination (35 marks or above) alone will be qualified. Relaxation of 5% in the prescribed minimum (31.5 marks), shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC and ST communities, OBC (non-creamy layer), persons with disability, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and gender non-confirming persons (GNCP) in the entrance examination.
If in spite of the above relaxation, if the seats allotted for SC/ST remain unfilled, the University will be at liberty to launch special admission drive, for that particular category within one month from the date of closure of admissions of general category.
The University will device its own admission procedure along with eligible conditions to ensure that most of the seats under these categories are filled.
Note: Halltickets for the Entrance Examination can be downloaded from the website of the University tentatively on 09.10.2023. The candidates are advised to check regularly the website of the University for further information regarding this.
The candidates may be required to upload the scanned copies of the documents in support of their claims in the application, while attempting to download the Halltickets failing which the Halltickets may not be generated.
So the candidates are advised to keep ready the scanned copies of the said documents ready for uploading before attempting to download the Hallticket.
- The candidates who are qualified in the written Entrance Examination will be called through email for an Interview before the DRC of the respective Departments. Non- receipt of the email is not a ground for not attending the Interview. The candidates are advised to check the website of the University for such information. The Interview will carry a maximum of 30 marks. Interview will be based on the Research Proposals presented by the candidates.
- The Research Proposal is intended to assess the research potential of the candidate for the selection procedure, and may be revised or completely changed in the process of research. The proposal shall have a title, objectives of the study, importance and relevance of the study, review of earlier work done in the proposed area of research, details of methodology/theoretical or conceptual framework, research questions and a select bibliography. The DRC will ensure the feasibility and quality of the Research Proposals, submitted and presented in congruence with the research thrust areas of the Department and specialization of research supervisors.
- The following aspects will be considered for the award of marks, during the Interview:
- Candidate’s knowledge in the proposed area of research
- Candidate’s skills and competence for research.
- Potential of the Research Proposal to contribute to existing knowledge.
- A candidate will have to obtain a minimum of 21 marks in the interview to be qualified to appear in the Rank List. Relaxation of 5% in the prescribed minimum (19.5 marks), will be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC and ST communities, OBC (non-creamy layer), persons with disability, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and gender non-confirming persons (GNCP) in the Interview.
Selection: Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit Ph.D Admission
- Selection shall be based on a Rank List prepared in the order of merit which is the sum of the marks obtained in Entrance Examination and Interview. Only those candidates who obtain the prescribed minimum separately in the Entrance Examination and in the Interview will appear on the Rank List.
- The Rank List will be published on the website of the University.
- 15% reservation will be allowed for Scheduled Castes, and 5% reservation will be allowed for Scheduled Tribes. In the event of non-availability of candidates in any one of these communities, the same shall be given to the other. If no candidates are available for the seats reserved for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe, the same will be re-notified. In the event of non-availability of candidates after re-notification, the said seats will again be re-notified and if the candidates are still not available, the said seats will be left unfilled for that particular academic year. Such re-notification shall be done within one month from the date of closure of admissions of the general category. No unfilled seats will be carried over for the next academic year.
- The admission will be done by the respective Departments based on the Rank List prepared. The seats reserved for the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will be filled only after the filling of the seats from the general category in the order of merit.
- Candidates qualified in the Common Entrance Examination shall submit through email a copy of the research proposal as mentioned above before the Head of the Department on or before 27.10.2023.
Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit Ph.D Admissions
Admissions to the Ph.D. Programme will be made from the Select List which is prepared, observing 20 % reservation for the SC/ST. GNCP and PWD candidates who are on the Rank List, but do not appear in the Select List, are eligible for admission, in the order of merit, in the supernumerary vacancies as are sanctioned by the Government.
Once the University publishes the Select List, the DRC will meet in a period of two weeks, to allot the supervising teachers for the candidates on the basis of notified vacancies and areas of specialization. The willingness of the Research Supervisor and the candidate to work with each other may also be taken into consideration.
Notwithstanding anything contained elsewhere and in this notification, the University reserves the right not to offer admission to any candidate if the DRC, for reasons to be recorded, finds it unable to offer a particular specialization required by the candidate.
Documents to be produced at the time of admission
The selected candidates shall submit the following original documents at the time of admission.
a. SSLC/ equivalent document to prove the age/date of birth.
b. Four Year Bachelor Degree/ Postgraduate Degree/ M.Phil Degree mark sheets/transcripts.
c. The original/provisional Four Year Bachelor Degree/Postgraduate/MPhil Degree certificates.
d. Community/Caste/Non-Creamy-layer/EWS certificates in the case of SC/ST/OEC/OBC/EWS candidates.
e. Disability Certificate in the case of persons with Disability from authorised Medical Board.
f. Documents certifying the Transgender status in case of Transgender persons.
g. ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer(s) in the case of employed persons.
h. Conduct Certificate.
i. Transfer Certificate.
j. Eligibility Certificate in the case of candidates who have secured their Four Year Bachelor Degree/Postgraduate/M.Phil Degrees from Universities outside the State.
k. Migration Certificate: In the case of candidates from other Universities, the Migration Certificate is to be submitted within four months from the date of admission.
l. Leave Sanction Order: In the case of in-service/employed candidates the leave sanction order is to be submitted.
Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit Ph.D Admission Fee
Candidates admitted to the programme shall remit the following fee at the time of admission.
Application Fee – Rs. 200/-
Caution Deposit for Library – Rs.1000/-
Department Development Fund – Rs. 250/-
Matriculation Fee – Rs. 100/-
Recognition Fee – Rs. 100/-
Library Fee per annum – Rs. 500/-
Annual Fee – Rs. 500/-
Ph.D Registration Fee – Rs. 500/- (at the time of Ph.D Registration) (Rs.1000/- for foreign students)
Silver Jubilee Student’s Welfare Fund – Rs.200/- (Vide Circular No. SSC/ RJSWF/ DSS/SSUS/2018 dated 27.04.2021)
GPAIS – The amount equal to the premium (plus tax) as fixed by the insurance company
Course Work fee
- Valuation Fee
- For Regular/Full time students – Rs.200/- per paper
- For Part time students – Rs.500/- per paper
- Registration Fee – Rs.1000/- first appearance
- Subsequent appearance – Rs.500/- per paper
- Examination application fee – Rs.200/-
- Course Certificate application fee – Rs.250/-
The selected candidates shall remit the prescribed fee including the first semester examination fee, and the caution deposit at the time of admission. Subsequent installments of annual fee and
library fee shall be remitted within 15 days from the beginning of every odd semester of PhD Programme or with a fine fixed by the University for the next 15 days. Defaulters shall be removed from the rolls.
Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit Ph.D Admission 2023: Fellowship
Limited fellowships will be offered to eligible candidates in each department, subject to the decision of the University.
How to apply: Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit Ph.D Admission
Interested candidates are directed to apply online for admission to the Ph.D. programmes 2023 through the University’s Website: www.ssus.ac.in on or before 28.09.2023 The fee for Entrance Examination is Rs.150/- for which online remittance alone will be allowed.
Note : In case of any conflict between the provisions in this notification, the University Regulations or the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedures for Award of Ph. D. Degree) Regulations, 2022, the provisions in the University Regulations or the UGC Regulations, as the case may be, alone will prevail.
Instructions to the Candidates
- Notification for Ph.D Programmes Click here
- Applicants are requested to complete the Part One registration by clicking the Register Now link
- Please use your own/parents/guardian’s mobile number. Vital informations regarding admissions are being communicated through SMS or call to the registered mobile number. Therefore, under any circumstances the mobile number of Akshaya centres, internet cafe or other agencies should not be submitted.
- Please use your own or parent’s email id. Those who do not have an email Id should create one and enter. Vital informations regarding the allotment and admissions will also be communicated through email. Therefore, under any circumstances the email id of Akshaya centres, internet cafe or other agencies should not be submitted
- After the Successful completion of Part One you will get an email which containing your Application Number and Password which will be the login credentials for allotment and admission process.Please keep the mail or remember your application number and password for future use.
- You can login with your Application number and password to complete the Part Two.
- You should upload a scanned copy of a recent passport size photograph.The image must be jpg or jpeg format. max size of photograph should be 50kb and min size is 20kb
- The fee for Entrance Examination is Rs.150/- which shall be remitted through online mode only.
- Applications are considered valid only after the successful payment of the fee in Part two of the application
- For any issues related to online registration please write to us [email protected]
- Candidates are advised to check regularly the website of the University for updates.