SAIL Recruitment 2023: Apply for 85 Attendant cum Technician posts till Nov 25. SAIL Recruitment 2023: Apply for 85 Attendant cum Technician posts on sailcareers.com.
Table of Contents
STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED
(A Government of India Enterprise) BOKARO STEEL PLANT
BOKARO STEEL CITY – 827001, JHARKHAND, INDIA
AN OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN SAIL’s BOKARO STEEL PLANT
Advt. No. BSL/R/2023-02 Date: 27/10/2023
SAIL Recruitment 2023: Technician posts
SAIL, a Maharatna Company, and a leading steel-making company in India with a turnover of over ₹ 1 lakh crore, is in the process of modernizing and expanding its production units, captive mines, collieries and other facilities to maintain its dominant position in the Indian steel market.
Bokaro Steel Plant, one of the modernised integrated steel plants of SAIL employing a motivated workforce of around 11,540 employees is a producer of HR Coils/Sheets/Plates, CR Coils/ Sheets, GP Sheets/Coils. Bo- karo Steel is working towards becoming a one-stop-shop for world-class flat steel products in India.
SAIL, Bokaro Steel Plant invites online applications from energetic, result oriented, promising and talented youth for Bokaro Steel Plant for the following post:
Attendant cum Technician Trainee (Grade- S-1)
|Legend: UR – Unreserved SC – Schedule Caste ST – Schedule Tribe OBC – Other Backward Caste||EWS – Economically Weaker Section ESM – Ex-Servicemen PwBD – Person with Benchmark Disability C- Current, B- Backlog|
Note: Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories may also apply against the unreserved posts provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria for unreserved category. Reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) candidates and Ex- Servicemen shall be on horizontal basis and in line with the guidelines on the subject.
OBC candidates belonging to ‘Creamy layer’ are not entitled to OBC concession and such candidates have to indicate their category as General. OBC (non-creamy layer)/EWS candidates are required to submit the requisite certificate in the prescribed format issued by the competent authority on/ after 01/04/2023 and valid at the time of Skill/trade test and a self-declaration in the prescribed format as available on Company’s website at the time of Skill/Trade Test. Category (SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/EWS/PWD/ Departmental) once entered in the online application form cannot be changed; and no benefit against deliberate/inadvertent omission/commission will be admissible later on. In the event of unavail- ability of candidates in EWS category, the remaining posts will be filled through candidates competing in open (UR) cate- gory.
Candidates having a minimum of 40 % permanent disability are eligible to apply as PwBD Candidates.
|Name of the post||Identified disabilities suitable for the post|
|Attendant cum Technician Trainee (NAC)||a) D,HH b) LV c) OA, OL, OAL, CP, LC, Dw, AAV d) ASD (M, MoD), SLD, MI, e) or MD involving a) to d).|
CATEGORY ABBREVIATIONS USED: LV=Low Vision, D= Deaf, HH= Hard of Hearing, OA=One Arm, OL=One Leg, OAL=One arm and One Leg, LC- Leprosy Cured, Dw- Dwarfism, AAV- Acid Attack Victim, CP- Cerebral Palsy, ASD- Autism Spectrum Disorder, SLD- Specific Learning Disorder, MI- Mental Illness, MD- Multiple disabilities
ELIGIBILITY: SAIL Recruitment 2023: Technician posts
a. (Age, qualification and experience):
|Name of the post||Upper age limit (as on 01/05/2023)||Essential minimum qualification (as on 25/11/2023)|
|Attendant cum Technician (Trainee) (NAC)||28 Years||Matriculation and completion of apprenticeship training of minimum one year duration in designated trade from an inte- grated steel plant and National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) issued by National Council for Vocational Training.|
NOTE: This is the minimum essential qualification and the above posts have been advertised only for those candidates who possess this qualification.
Definition of Integrated Steel Plant for the purpose determination of essential qualification shall be-
An Integrated Steel Plant in India, starting operation from iron ore, virgin or processed, in one location, producing finished steel to national and international specifications; the production should be through Blast Furnace, Steel Melting Shop and Rolling mills.
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit: SAIL Recruitment 2023: Technician posts
Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ ST category and 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer) category respectively with respect to posts reserved for them. Additional relaxation of 10 years in age to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities. Ex-Service men (ESM), who have put in not less than 6 months continuous service in the armed forces, will be allowed age relaxation to the extent of military service plus three years against reserved/ unreserved vacancies as per government guidelines.
Departmental candidates (employees of SAIL) will be given relaxation of 10 years over and above the upper age limit. However, the upper age limit for the departmental candidates will be 45 years, irrespective of the category of the candidate. Medical Standards:
To be considered fit for employment, the candidate should be in good physical and mental health and should be able to perform his/her job effectively.
The candidates finally selected shall have to undergo medical examination and the selected candidates must have the minimum standards as prescribed under: –
|Height||155 cms||143 cms|
|Weight||45 Kgs||35 Kgs|
|Chest measurement||75 cm & 79 cm on expansion||70 cm & 73 cm on expansion|
|Attendant cum Technician (Trainee) (NAC)||Distant vision||6/12 Both eyes with or without glasses. After the age of 35 years one step re- duction (both eyes one step reduction (both eyes with or without glasses))|
|Near Vision||J1 or N6 both eyes. Power of glasses should not exceed + 4. D|
|Colour vision||Normal in Lantern test with maximum aperture|
The medical standards indicated above are minimum pre-requisites. Before applying candidates must ensure that they possess the above-mentioned Physical Standards. However, appointment of selected candidates will be subject to being found medically fit by the medical officer of the Company as per standards laid down under SAIL’s Medical & Health Manual.
II. TRAINING & PROBATION
|Name of the post||Training and Probation|
|Attendant cum Technician (Trainee) (NAC)||Candidates selected for these posts will be placed on training for a period of 2 (two) years followed by one year of probation. On successful completion of training period, they shall be regularized in their initial Grade at the min- imum basic pay of their respective grades.|
SELECTION PROCEDURE: SAIL Recruitment 2023: Technician posts
|Name of the post||Selection Procedure|
|Attendant cum Tech- nician (Trainee) (NAC)||Eligible candidates will be required to appear for an examination which may be computer based test (CBT), information for which will be provided in the Admit Card. Candidates short- listed on the basis of their performance in the Online test (CBT) will be sent communication to appear for Skill/Trade Test, through careers page of SAIL website. Weightage of marks for Exam (CBT) will be 100%. Skill/Trade Test will only be of qualifying nature. Exam (CBT): Provisionally eligible candidates will be required to appear for objective type test (CBT) consisting of multiple choice questions at any of the centres decided by the Manage- ment. The minimum qualifying marks in the Online test (CBT) for unreserved posts/EWS will be determined based on 50 percentile score. For SC/ST/ OBC(NCL) / PwBD candidates the mini- mum qualifying marks will be 40 percentile score ONLY with respect to posts reserved for them. Skill/Trade Test: From among those who qualify in the exam (CBT), candidates will be short- listed for Skill Test in the ratio of 1:3 category wise in order of merit. The tests may be held at a short notice for which call letters will be uploaded on SAIL website and candidates will be inti- mated for the same through their email registered during filling up of online application. No other communication will be sent to the candidates for this purpose. For final selection, merit list will be prepared in descending order separately for each category on the basis of total marks obtained in the exam (CBT) by the candidates who qualify in Skill/Trade Test.|
IV. EMOLUMENTS AND OTHER BENEFITS
|Name of the post||Grade||Scale of Pay||Other Benefits|
|Attendant cum Technician (Trainee) (NAC)||S-1*||₹25,070/-3%-₹35,070/-||The emoluments for the post on confirmation after 2 years of training (as applicable) will in- clude basic pay, dearness allowance, perquisites, and other facilities such as medical facility for self and family, provident fund, gratuity, LTC, etc., as per rules of the company. In addition, House Rent Allowance will be paid only where company accommodation is not available.|
*After successful completion of training for a period of two years.
Candidates selected for post of Attendant-cum-Technician Trainee, will be paid consolidated Pay of ₹ 12,900/-pm during 1st year of training and ₹ 15,000/-pm during the 2nd year of training.
During the period of training, Trainees will also get medical facility for self, spouse and dependents. Leave etc will be as per the Rules of the Company.
APPLICATION & PROCESSING FEES (Non-Refundable)
|Post||Application Fee+ Processing Fee (only for General, EWS and OBC candidates)||Processing Fee for SC/ST/PwBD/ Departmental/ ESM candidates|
|Attendant cum Technician (Trainee) (NAC)||₹ 300/-||₹ 100/-|
- SC/ ST/ PwBD/ ESM & Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of Application fee only and are re- quired to pay the processing fee.
- Any additional charges levied by the bank shall have to be borne by the candidates.
- Application and/ or processing fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
HOW TO APPLY: SAIL Recruitment 2023: Technician posts
- Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online through SAIL’s website: (SAIL Careers website). No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
· Before applying the candidates should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility norms. Their registration will be provisional and mere issue of admit card /skill test call letter will not imply acceptance of candidature.
- Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or even on joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria at any stage or if candidate fails to produce valid documentary proof in support of his eligibility.
- While filling on-line application the candidates must carefully follow all the steps. Incomplete applica- tion/application without processing fee and/ or application fee or not fulfilling any eligibility criteria will be rejected summarily. No communication will be entertained from applicants in this regard.
- Candidates are advised to carefully read the instructions for online submission of application (available on Applica- tion page).
Applicants are required to keep the following things ready before applying:
- A valid E-mail ID for registration and for receiving all future correspondence till the recruitment process is over and subsequently, if selected.
- One working Mobile Number to receive SMS based notifications/communications related to the online application; Admit card/Call letter etc till the recruitment process is over and subsequently, if selected.
- Facility with internet connectivity.
- A recent scanned passport sized color photograph in the format mentioned below.
- Your scanned signature in the format mentioned below.
- Scanned National Apprenticeship Certificate for apprenticeship completed from an Integrated Steel Plant (as a proof of eligibility)
- Access to an online payment facility/service such as:
- Net Banking
- Credit card
- ATM-cum-Debit card
Important Notes for all applicants:
- A printout of the submitted complete Application form is to be retained with the candidate, which is to be sub- mitted at the time of Skill/Trade test, if shortlisted.
- Original certificates issued by the competent authority supporting your filled in details will be asked from you ONLY at the time of Skill/Trade test. If data provided in the online application is not supported by appropriate documents, then your application/claim for employment (if any) shall be summarily rejected.
3. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the application/processing fee and to fill in the payment details carefully. Failed Transaction amount will be automatically refunded to same A/c from which payment was originally made, within due time.
Downloading of Admit Card :
Candidates will have to visit SAIL Careers website (www.sailcareers.com) for downloading the Admit Card for online test. Intimation for downloading the Admit Card will be sent through email/SMS. Once the candidate clicks the relevant link, he/she can access the window for call letter download. The candidate is required to use (i) Registration Number/Roll Number, (ii) Password/Date of Birth for downloading the call letter. Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photo- graph on the call letter preferably the same as provided during registration and appear at the examination centre with (i) Call Letter (ii) Photo Identity Proof and photocopy of the same Photo Identity Proof as brought in original.
All correspondence whenever required with candidates shall be done through e-mail/SMS only. All information regard- ing examination schedule/admit card/result of written exam/Trade Test / Skill Test schedule and call letters, intimation regarding final selection etc. shall be provided through email/uploading on SAIL website. Responsibility of receiving, downloading and printing of admit card/ Trade Test / Skill Test call letter or any other information shall be of the candi- date. SAIL/Bokaro Steel Plant will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid/wrong email ID provided by the candidate or for delay/non receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his/her email/website in time or due to any network related issue.
VIII. CONDUCT OF EXAMINATION
- Exam (CBT): Provisionally eligible candidates will be required to appear for objective type test (CBT) consisting of multiple choice questions at any of the centres decided by the Management. For details regarding conduct of ex- amination, candidates are advised to refer to the Conduct of Examination document available on the application page.
- TEST STRUCTURE:
|Attendant cum Technician (Trainee)(NAC) (S-1)||90 mins||General KnowledgeLogical ReasoningQuantitative Aptitude||To be provided in Information Handout along with Admit cards|
- Questions will be available in Bilingual version (English and Hindi).
- All questions of a section will carry equal marks.
- Penalty for wrong answers: There will be 1/4th negative marking of the marks assigned to that question.
- Cut-offs will be applied in two stages:
- On scores in Individual tests
- On Total Score.
General Conditions: SAIL Recruitment 2023: Technician posts
- Candidate must be an Indian National possessing requisite qualification from universities or institutes recognised/ accredited by council / bodies like UGC/ AICTE / NCVT by Central / State Govt.
- Candidates not satisfying the requisite eligibility criteria specified in the advertisement need not apply. All certificates and documents in support of eligibility will be verified from original during the Skill Test/ Trade Test and any candidate, who fails to produce the same will not be allowed to appear for the Skill Test/ Trade Test. Therefore, candidates are requested to ensure their eligibility before apply- ing.
- Scanned copy of NAC Certificate provided by the candidate at the time of application may be reckoned for determining the elig ibility of the candidates and admit cards to appear for CBT may only be issued to candidates found provisionally eligible.
- Candidates possessing the required qualification in their respective stream through Distance mode/ correspondence course/ off-campus are not eligible to apply.
- While applying the candidates should enter their full name as it appears in the Matriculation/ Secondary certificate.
- Candidates claiming benefit of reservation should submit Caste Certificates in the format for appointment to posts under Government of India/ Central Government/ Public Sector Undertaking (format available in our website www.sail.co.in) issued by a Revenue Of- ficer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- If the caste certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- The physically challenged candidates are required to produce valid disability certificate issued by the Medical Board duly constituted as per Govt. guidelines. They are required to satisfy the relaxed Physical Standard required for the posts.
- Ex-servicemen are required to produce civil equivalence certificate of his / her qualification from the competent authority at the time of Skill Test/ Trade Test. In absence of the above, candidates shall not be allowed to appear in the trade test/skill test.
- Candidates sponsored by Local employment exchange will have to apply in the prescribed format in the prescribed system through SAIL web-site only along with requisite application fees failing which they will not be considered.
- Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is found not to be in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement. SAIL/ Bokaro Steel Plant reserves the right to reject the applications and no communication in this regard will be made with the applicant.
- Information once entered by the candidate during online application shall not be allowed to be changed at any stage of the recruit- ment process.
- The posts advertised are tentative. SAIL/ Bokaro Steel Plant reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever. SAIL/ Bokaro Steel Plant is not liable to compensate the applicant for the consequential damages, if any, arising out of the aforesaid.
- Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process or using of unfair means will disqualify the candidate from selection.
- The advertisement is available on SAIL Careers website www.sailcareers.com. Any subsequent information/ changes for the recruit- ment process with respect to this advertisement/ employment notice shall be communicated through this website only. Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated of the changes if any.
- Candidates employed in Govt. Departments/ PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies will have to produce NOC from the present employer at the time of Skill Test/ Trade Test and release order at the time of joining.
- No request for change of examination centre will be entertained after final submission of application form. However, SAIL/ Bokaro Steel Plant reserves the right to cancel or add any center depending on discretion, administrative feasibility and response.
- Bokaro Steel Plant reserves the right to reject the applications that are not complete or do not conform to the eligibility require- ments and no communication in this regard will be made with the applicants.
- Any proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and / or an application in response there to can be instituted in the district of Bokaro, Jharkhand and courts/tribunal/forums in the district of Bokaro, Jharkhand only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any such cause/dispute.
- In case of disparity in English & Hindi version of advertisement, English version will prevail.
- Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risks and expenses and SAIL, BSL for will not bear liability for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
IMPORTANT DATES: SAIL Recruitment 2023: Technician posts
|1||Starting date for submitting applications through website||:||04/11/2023|
|2||Closing date for submitting applications through website||:||25/11/2023|
|3||Tentative date for downloading of Admit Card/Call letter from SAIL website for Computer Based examination||:||To be communicated Separately|
|4||Tentative Date of Written Test||:|