RailTel Corporation of India Limited Recruitment Managerial Posts. Vacancy in RAILTEL: Know How to Apply Online and other.
Table of Contents
railtel recruitment 2023, 138 posts vacancy in railtel corporation, railtel corporation of india ltd salary, railtel recruitment 2023 apply online, railtel corporation of india limited recruitment exam, railtel engineer salary, railtel employee list, railtel is government or private
RailTel Corporation of India Limited Recruitment Managerial Posts
Railtel Corporation of India Limited to recruit for 81 Managerial Posts. Railtel Corporation recruitment begins for 81 Managerial posts,
RailTel Corporation of India Limited, a Mini-Ratna (Category-I) Public Sector Undertaking under Government of India, has a huge network of Optic Fiber Cable spread across the length and breadth of the country. RailTel endeavors to bridge the digital divide of India. RailTel takes pride in being part of Govt of India’s path breaking projects – like Station wi-fi, Video Surveillance System, Data Centre Services, Cloud Services and e-office.
We are looking for dynamic professionals to become a part of our team. If you ever aspired to take an unconventional path to contribute towards nation building then we look forward to welcome you to RailTel Family and nurture your talent. At RailTel, work means pride to be a partner in India’s Digital Growth shaping the future of our nation.
At this juncture, we require professionals in Technical/ Marketing/ Finance/ HR fields for which applications are invited from Indian citizens for the following positions:
POSTS/ LEVELS/ SCALE OF POSTS/ CTC/ NO. OF VACANCIES:
|Post Code||Name of post and level||Total no. of vacan cies||UR||Reserved vacancies including backlog vacancies (out of total vacancies)||Number of posts reserved for PwBDs|
|1||Assistant Manager (Technical)/ E-0 Scale of pay: Rs.30,000- 1,20,000/-. CTC: Rs.9 Lakh (approx.)+ annual PRP.||26||13||6||3||2||2||Cat.A (VH)-1; Cat.B (HH)-1;|
|2||Deputy Manager (Technical)/ E-1 Scale of pay: Rs.40,000- 1,40,000/-. CTC: Rs.12 Lakh (approx.)+ annual PRP.||27||21||0||0||1||5||Cat.A (VH)-2; Cat.B (HH)-2; Cat. C (OH, CP,LC, Dw, AAV, MDy)-1; Cat. D+E (ASD, ID, SLD, MI, MD involving (a) to (d) above-1|
|3||Deputy Manager (Marketing)/ E-1 Scale of pay: Rs.40,000- 1,40,000/-. CTC: Rs.12 Lakh (approx.)+ annual PRP.||15||12||0||1||1||1||0|
|4||Assistant Manager (Finance)/ E-0 Scale of pay: Rs.30,000- 1,20,000/-. CTC: Rs.9 Lakh (approx.)+ annual PRP.||6||5||1||0||0||0||0|
|5||Assistant Manager (HR)/ E-0 Scale of pay: Rs.30,000- 1,20,000/-. CTC: Rs.9 Lakh (approx.)+ annual PRP.||7||5||1||1||0||0||0|
(Legend: UR- Unreserved; OBC(NCL)- Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer); SC- Scheduled Caste; ST- Scheduled Tribe; VH- Visually Handicapped; HH- Hearing Handicapped; OH- Orthopedically Handicapped; OA- One Arm; OL – One leg; CP – Cerebral Palsy, LC- Leprosy Cured; Dw – Dwarfism; AAV – Acid Attack Victim; MDy – Muscular Dystrophy; ASD – Autism; SLD – Specific Learning Disability; MI – Mental Illness; MD – Multiple Disabilities; EWS- Economically Weaker Section)
Important Notes: RailTel Corporation of India Limited Recruitment
(i) Vacancies for PwBD, wherever given in the vacancy notice, are not separate but are included in the total number of vacancies.
(ii) Number of vacancies indicated in this notice is provisional and may undergo any change (increase/ decrease) or even become NIL in total at any stage of the recruitment process or even after the recruitment process is complete, in administrative/ business interest of RailTel Corporation.
(iii) The scale of pay mentioned above and other service benefits may be changed at any stage during the recruitment process or after recruitment on these posts at the discretion of the management. All scales are as per 3rd PRC-IDA.
(iv) As the examination shall be held in one common session only for all the above-mentioned posts, the candidates will be able to appear in examination only for one of the above posts. Therefore, the candidate may apply only for any one of the posts out of the above.
(v) Before applying for a post candidate should make sure that the post is reserved for his / her category or unreserved post is available.
(vi) Place of Posting: Selected candidates may be posted/ transferred to any place in India, in any office of RailTel’s subsidiary, joint venture or any business associate at any point of time in administrative / business exigencies. Efforts will be made to allot the region as per candidate’s option exercised in the application form. However management may allot any other region in view of work- requirement and administrative exigencies. The candidate, on joining the allotted region will have to stay in that region for at least 10 years before submitting any application for seeking transfer to any other region. The management may consider request for transfer as per work requirement and/ or administrative (convenience/ requirement) ground.
(vii) Region-wise availability of vacancies: Annexure-III
AGE, EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND LENGTH & NATURE OF EXPERIENCE
The applicant should satisfy criteria regarding age, educational / professional qualifications, nature and length of experience etc. as on the last date of receipt of online applications as detailed under:
|Post Code||Name of the Post||Age Limit*||Minimum Educational / Professional Qualifications||Minimum Length & Nature of Experience|
|1||Assistant Manager (Technical)/ E-0 level||Minimum : 21 years Maximum: 28 years||Diploma in Electronics or any other combination of Engineering branches, where Electronics is one of the branches, like, Electronics & Instrumentation; |
M.Sc. (Electronics); or equivalent in Electronics.
|Experience: Compulsory- 5 yrs in Telecom area. |
Job description is given in annexure-I
|2||Deputy Manager (Technical)/ E-1 level||Minimum : 21 years Maximum: 30 years||B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engg) in Electronics & Telecom; or Telecom; or Computer Science; or Computer & Communication; or Information Technology; or Electrical; or Electronics; or any other combination of Engineering branches, where Electronics is one of the branches, like, Electronics & Instrumentation; or M.Sc. (Electronics); or MCA; or equivalent.||Experience: Compulsory- 2 yrs in Telecom area |
Job description is given in annexure-I
|3||Dy. Manager (Marketing)/ E-1 Level||Minimum : 21 years Maximum: 30 years||Master of Business Administration (Marketing)||Experience: Compulsory- 2 years’ experience in areas given in annexure-I. Job description is given in annexure-I|
|4||Asstt. Manager (Finance) / E-0 Level||Minimum : 21 years Maximum: 28 years||Master of Business Administration (Finance)||Experience: NIL.|
|5||Asstt. Manager (HR) /E-0 Level||Minimum : 21 years Maximum: 28 years||Master of Business Administration (HR)||Experience: NIL.|
* Age relaxation to various categories has been indicated in annexure-IV of vacancy notice.
- Educational / Professional Qualifications: All the educational / professional qualifications mentioned in para 2 should be obtained from a recognized University/ Deemed University/ Autonomous Institutes incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or UGC Act or from institution recognized/ approved by AICTE or any other accrediting organisations under the Government of India.
- Experience: For computing the length of experience, the experience in Central/State Govt /PSUs/Private sector together (duly supported by documents) shall be taken into consideration. However, Teaching / Academic experience and such training/ summer training/ apprenticeship/ projects etc., which are part of curriculum for award of any academic /professional qualifications, will not be taken into consideration for computation of length of experience mentioned above.
- CRUCIAL DATE OF DETERMINING ELIGIBILITY: Applicants should meet requisite eligibility criteria regarding age, educational/professional qualifications, technical certifications, length & nature of post-qualification experience and other eligibility criteria on the last date of receipt of online applications. Candidate will be required to show certificates /marks-sheets of professional/ technical qualifications/technical certifications/ length of experience and other requisite documents before he/she is allowed to appear in interview, if shortlisted for the same. The candidates waiting for final results of prescribed educational/professional qualification should NOT apply.
Important Dates: RailTel Corporation of India Limited Recruitment
|Uploading of detailed vacancy notice on RailTel Corporation’s website||21.10.2023|
|Opening date for online registration and filing of applications (including payment of application fee).||21.10.2023 (10:00 Hrs IST)|
|Last date for completion of on-line registration and filing of applications (including payment of application fee).||11.11.2023 (23:59 Hrs IST)|
RELAXATION IN MAXIMUM AGE LIMIT: Please refer Annexure-IV
- Age relaxation in respect of SC/ST/OBC categories will be allowed only in cases where posts are reserved for these categories.
- Candidates belonging to PwBDs category may also apply against a post where no posts have been specifically earmarked for such category. For these posts, they are eligible for age relaxation as applicable for PwBDs.
- If a candidate is eligible for relaxation of age on two or more grounds mentioned in annexure- IV, he /she would be accorded only the highest of the age relaxation for which he/she is eligible.
6. INSTRUCTIONS FOR PERSONS WITH BENCHMARK DISABILITIES: Please refer Annexure-V
- Reservation for PwBDs shall be on horizontal basis and the selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate UR/SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS category vacancies, if such vacancies are available. It is advised that before applying for a post PwBDs should confirm that the post is available / reserved for his category (i.e., UR, OBC-NCL, SC, ST, EWS) also.
- Prescribed format of Disability Certificate should be submitted by the PwBDs as per Proforma V to VII (as applicable) of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Notification dated 15.06.2017 (Annexure -IX, X & XI to this vacancy notice).
- SC/ST CERTIFICATE: Candidates belonging to SC/ST category should submit an attested copy of Caste/Tribe certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of interview. The original certificate shall also be produced for verification. Proforma of relevant certificate is attached as annexure-VI.
- OBC CERTIFICATE: The candidates applying against vacancies reserved for OBCs should note that they have to produce a valid certificate at the time of interview in support of their belonging to OBC community (non-creamy layer) issued by the Competent Authority in the prescribed format (attached as annexure-VII) for this purpose so as to prove that they do not belong to ‘Creamy Layer’ of the OBCs on the crucial date. The crucial date of this purpose will be the last date for receipt of on- line application indicated in this vacancy notice. A declaration shall also be submitted by the candidate, when he reports to RailTel for his/her pre-appointment formalities stating that he does not belong to the creamy Layer of OBC (attached as annexure-VII A). Further, the caste to which the candidate belongs should be the one included in the Central list of OBCs issued by the Government of India as per latest instructions in this regard since RailTel Corporation is a Central PSU.
- Only those OBCs belonging to non-creamy layer of OBCs, which are in the central lists of OBCs as on the last date of receipt of application, are eligible for appointment on the posts reserved for OBCs.
- ECONOMICALLY WEAKER SECTION (EWS) CERTIFICATE: The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by the competent authority (format attached as annexure-VIII). The candidate applying against the vacancies reserved for EWS must possess Income and Asset Certificate so as to prove that he belongs to EWS as on the last date of receipt of on-line application as indicated in this vacancy notice.
Category as on the last date of receipt of online application for this vacancy notice shall only be considered for availing reservation benefits, if eligible, and any change in the Category/EWS status of the candidate thereafter shall not be entertained. The candidate will have to produce the original caste / Income and Asset Certificate before he is allowed to appear in interview, if shortlisted.
SCHEME OF SELECTION: RailTel Corporation of India Limited Recruitment
The scheme of examination will be as under:
|S.No.||Exam||Maximum marks||Duration of exam.||Location of exam centres.|
|i)||Online examination – Multiple Choice Questions. No negative marking.||150||120 minutes||Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi/ NCR, Hyderabad/ Secunderabad or any place decided by the management.|
Notes: (a) The standard of questions on professional subject will be commensurate to the specified educational/ professional qualification and requisite experience in areas of experience /knowledge specified for the post.
b) Candidates should exercise options of the test city in the on-line form. No change of test city/test centre will be permissible at a later date. However, RailTel, for administrative reasons, reserves the right to direct the candidate to appear for written test at any test city other than the one chosen by the candidate. The management has the discretion not to hold the written examination at any one or more cities mentioned above.
Nature of on-line test: On-line test would be expected to test candidates against the following parameters:
Professional Knowledge with reference to educational qualification and the nature of duties and responsibilities – 100 marks; and (Syllabus enclosed as Annexure-II)
General Knowledge, Numerical Ability, Reasoning, Aptitude etc.– 50 marks
APPLICATION FEE: RailTel Corporation of India Limited Recruitment
Rs. 1200/- (Rs.600/- for SC/ST/PwBDs). The fee will be collected through payment gateway only during online registration process. Any processing charges, bank charges, applicable taxes etc. towards the same, if any, will be borne by applicant.
The application fee of Rs. 600/- paid by SC/ST/PwBDs is refundable subject to their actual participation in the recruitment. This fee shall be refunded, duly deducting bank charges, as applicable, on their appearing in the written examination.
The examination fee paid by the candidates whose application is incomplete or those who have not submitted their application by any reason whatsoever or whose application is rejected, will not be refunded.
Application fee once received shall not be returned in any circumstances, except in cases mentioned in para 12.1. No correspondence from such applicants and from ineligible candidates will be entertained regarding return of application fee.
HOW TO APPLY: RailTel Corporation of India Limited Recruitment
Candidates are advised to read all the instructions contained in this vacancy notice very carefully before applying online and to satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions including age, educational /professional qualifications, certifications, nature and length of experience and medical standards for the post to be applied by them. They should also make it sure that the post for which they desire to apply is available for their categories (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, EWS) or unreserved post is available. They should also read carefully all the instructions given on main instruction page of the online application:
Candidates are required to apply online only through the link available on www.railtel.in. No other means/ mode of submission of applications will be accepted under any circumstances.
Signatures of the candidates on all documents should be identical in all stages of recruitment process and must be in running hand and not in block/capital or disjointed letters. Signatures in different style at the time of on-line test, interview, medical examination, joining the post etc. may result in cancellation of candidature.
While filling the on-line form, candidates will have to indicate options for region of posting in order of preference, if selected (Ref: imp note(vi) in para 1 of vacancy notice). The options available are:
Corporate Office (CO-at Delhi/NCR)/Northern Region (NR-with Regional Headquarter at Delhi),
Eastern Region (ER-with Regional Headquarter at Kolkata),Southern Region (SR-with Regional Headquarter at Hyderabad/ Secunderabad),
Western Region (WR-with Regional Headquarter at Mumbai).
Applicants shall not be allowed to change their categories (e.g. OBC- NCL/SC/ST/EWS/PwBDs) after they have submitted their on-line applications.
- Before registering/ submitting applications on the website, the candidate must possess the following:
- Valid E-mail ID/ mobile number: The Email ID/ mobile number entered in the online application form should remain active until the recruitment process is complete. No change in Email ID/ mobile number will be allowed once registered. All correspondence regarding this recruitment shall be done on the Email ID/ on-line including issue of admit card for online examination and call letter for document verification/Interview, if shortlisted.
- Scanned copy of latest passport size coloured photograph (not more than 3 months old), scanned left thumb impression and scanned signature in digital format (as per dimensions given in para 13.1 below) for uploading in the application.
- All relevant documents relating to the eligibility criteria viz Educational Qualification, certifications, Caste certificate [SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/EWS], Experience Certificate, Disability Certificate, Discharge certificate in case of Ex-Servicemen etc.
- Details for making payment of examination fee on-line. Examination fee will be acceptable through Net Banking/Credit Card/ Debit Card/UPI, as prescribed.
- A facility to take print out of filled application form and examination fee payment receipt is preferred for candidates’ own records. However, candidates need NOT send printouts of applications or certificates or copies to RailTel Corporation by post / courier/ email.
- Educational Qualification Certificates viz. Provisional or Regular should contain the date of issue. In case date of issue of these certificates is after the closing date for registration of online application, then the consolidated mark sheet with date of declaration of the result of final qualifying exam or individual mark sheets of all the semesters/years with date of declaration of result on each should be submitted. In case of non-availability of date in any of these mark sheets/certificates, a certificate from the Institution/ University/Board to this effect (indicating date of declaration of result) should be produced at the time of document verification before interview, if shortlisted.
Note: Candidates should mention percentage in the fields where percentage is required to be filled in application format. Percentage obtained in requisite qualifying examinations, as mentioned in consolidated mark sheet issued by University/Institution will be considered. However, in case consolidated marksheet is not being issued by University/Institute, final percentage will be calculated by taking average of all semesters/years.
In case CGPA/OGPA/DGPA is mentioned in marksheets, following criteria may be applied:
- In case where conversion into percentage is not provided by university/institutes: if university/institute do not have the provision for conversion of CGPA/OGPA/CPI/DGPA or letter grade into percentage, then 6 on 10 point scale will be considered as 60%, for example. On any scale different from 10-point scale the score will be prorated accordingly.
- In case where conversion into percentage is provided by university/institutes: Wherever CGPA/OGPA/CPI/DGPA or letter grade in degree is awarded, equivalent % of marks should be indicated in the online application as per norms adopted by concerned university/institute. A certificate to this effect may be obtained by the candidate from the university/institute, which shall be required to be produced at the time of document verification before interview or at any other stage or recruitment or even after appointment, as demanded by RailTel.
13.1 DETAILED PROCESS FOR FILLING-UP/SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION:
- CANDIDATES IN THEIR OWN INTEREST ARE ADVISED NOT TO WAIT TILL THE LAST DATE AND TIME TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS. RAILTEL SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF CANDIDATES ARE NOT ABLE TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS DUE TO THE LAST MINUTE RUSH.
- PLEASE RETAIN THE PRINT OUT OF THE APPLICATION FORM WITH YOU FOR FUTURE REFERENCES.
- CANDIDATES APPLYING FOR ANY POST CODE ARE ADVISED NOT TO SEND HARD COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM OR ANY DOCUMENTS TO THE OFFICE OF RAILTEL.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING ON LINE APPLICATIONS: RailTel Corporation of India Limited Recruitment
|1.||Before starting to fill up the On Line application, the candidate should keep at hand the following details/documents:- Details/ documents regarding his / her educational qualifications as per the eligibility criteria (from 10th / Matriculation onwards) with percentage of marks or CGPA obtained.His/her personal details.His/her certificates like category certificate (SC/ST/OBC(NCL),etc., along with 10th& essential qualifications certificates.His/her scanned photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format only. Digital size of scanned Photograph should be of 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height) of minimum 20 KB and maximum 100 KB size. Digital size of scanned Signature (with black or blue ink only) should be of 20 KB to100 KB size.|
|How to Apply:|
|I.||Candidates should have a valid personal E-mail ID and Mobile Number. The E-mail ID and Mobile Number entered by the candidate in his/ her Online Application Form must remain valid for at least next one year from the date of filling application. Application Sequence Number, password and all other important communication will be sent on the same registerede-mail ID & mobile no. (Please ensure that email sent to this mail box is not redirected to your junk /spam folder).|
|II.||Candidates should take utmost care to furnish the correct details while filling the On Line application. YOU CAN EDIT THE INFORMATION BEFORE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM. ONCE THE FORM IS SUBMITTED, IT CAN’T BE EDITED.|
|III.||The step by step process for submitting the application form for recruitment for various posts is given below:- Step-I: Registration of Personal Details and Contact details. User-Id and password will be sent to you through e-mail / SMS on registered E-Mail Id and Mobile Number. Step-II: Re-Login to complete the fields of Personal Details, Qualification Details, Declaration, upload relevant documents (photo/signature etc.) and submit Application Fee online via CC Avenue – Payment Gateway through Net Banking, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, UPI, etc.|
|IV.||Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn. Application fee and other charges, as applicable, once paid will not be refunded in any case/circumstances and neither the same shall be held reserved for any other recruitment OR selection process. The application fee of Rs. 600/- paid by SC/ST/PwBDs is refundable subject to their actual participation in the recruitment. This fee shall be refunded, duly deducting bank charges, as applicable, on their appearing in the written examination. All the SC/ST/PwBDs should note that the fee shall be refunded to the same source i.e. bank account / credit card / UPI etc. through which candidates have paid their application fee.|
|STEP- I Registration/Sign-Up|
|a.||The candidate should fill up all the required information i.e., Personal Details, Contact Details etc. correctly and click on Generate OTP button.|
|b.||Two OTPs will be sent to the candidate’s mobile no. & email id separately. The candidate has to enter both OTPs to verify mobile no. & email id respectively.|
|b.||Candidates agreeing to the terms & conditions may apply by clicking ‘I Agree‘ Check box given below and then Re verify the selected/entered values by clicking the check boxes and Submit button.|
|c.||After clicking SUBMIT button/ tab, the candidates will receive Application Sequence No. (User ID) & Password on their E-mail ID and Mobile No. Now, candidate has to Click at “Go To Application “OR “LOGIN” button (given on top right corner) to reach Step-II.|
|STEP-II – Filling up of Application|
|d.||After signing-up, candidate has to Click on “LOG IN” button and then Click on “Go To Application” button at top right corner for filling-up Eligibility Criteria, Communication Details, Qualification & Experience Details, Documents and Payment sections and Upload Photo/Signature. After filling all required details, Candidate has to submit the application and pay applicable Fee online via CC Avenue Payment Gateway through Net Banking, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, UPI, etc.|
|e.||Instructions regarding scanning of Photograph/ Signature – Candidates should upload the scanned (digital) image of their Photograph, Signature as per the process given below:- Photograph image: Photograph must be recent passport size colour picture on light background (not older than 03 months)The photograph should be taken while looking straight at the camera with a relaxed face.The size of the scanned image of the photograph should be of 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height) of minimum 20 KB and maximum 100 KB size in JPG/JPEG format only.Signature image: The applicant has to sign on a whitepaper with Black/Blue ink pen.The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.Please scan the signature area only and not the entire page. Size of the scanned image file of the signature should be of mi nim um 20 KB and maximum of 100 KB size in JPG/JPEG format only.|
|f.||After uploading Photograph and Signature click on “Preview” tab and check whether particulars filled are correct in all respects. In case of any error, the same can be edited before finally clicking on “Submit” tab. Once the application is submitted, candidates automatically will be redirected to CC Avenue payment gateway to deposit Application Fee online via CC Avenue Payment Gateway through Net Banking, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, UPI ,etc.|
|g||Guidelines for remittance of Application Fee are as under: After filling the application details, the candidate will be re-directed to CC AVENUE gateway to make the online payment of Application Fee.Kindly verify the details and make the payment for Application Fee via different payment modes available on the application portal.After successful payment of Application Fee, candidate will be redirected to his/her application form. Candidate may keep the payment transaction number safe with him/her for future use.|
|h||Printing of the submitted application form – On successful submission of the Application Form and after payment of Application Fee, the candidate should print his/her Application Form containing the details submitted by the candidate , by pressing “Print” button and saving his/her Application Form in PDF form. Please retain the PRINT OUT of the Application Form with you for future reference.|
|i||Candidate should apply for only one post as the examination shall be held in one common session only. In case a candidate applies for more than one post, he/she will be allowed to appear for exam only for the post for which he/she carries admit card. The Application Fee & other charges paid by him/her for the other multiple registration(s ) /application(s) will stand forfeited.|
|*||Please feel free to raise technical queries/ask for clarifications relating to the filling up of ONLINE APPLICATION, via Helpdesk Tab integrated in application portal Or on Phone No.091 – 9513631713|
OTHER INSTRUCTIONS: RailTel Corporation of India Limited Recruitment
Issue of admit card for written examination / call letters for interview:
Hall ticket/admit card will be issued online only and has to be downloaded and printed by the applicants. The applicants can download their admit card using their credentials. Intimation regarding downloading of admit card for written test will be available on the RailTel’s website. The applicants are requested to visit RailTel’s website regularly for latest updates/information. Applicants will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card. In addition, the applicants are required to carry a valid photo identity proof and a passport size photograph to the examination centre.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to register/ submit their application/ pay their fee on- line much before the last date of registration/ submission of application / payment of application fee. They should not wait till the last date of on-line registration / submission / payment of fee etc. to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability/failure to log on the RailTel’s website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam/disconnection.
- RailTel does not assume any responsibility for the candidate not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the RailTel.
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by RailTel Corporation withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination/ interview or during any stage of selection / empanelment, their application/candidature shall be rejected/cancelled.
- Admit cards for written test / aptitude test or interview issued to the candidates shall be provisional. In case any ineligible candidate is issued admit card and appears in the written examination or even called for the interview or allowed to join RailTel, his/her candidature will automatically be treated as cancelled WITHOUT ANY NOTICE on grounds of his/her ineligibility. Therefore, before submitting the application, the candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility criteria as laid down in this advertisement. His/her candidature will be purely provisional subject to eligibility and other verifications at any stage of recruitment process, or before or after his/her appointment in RailTel.
- Decision of RailTel about the mode of selection / scheme of examination, number of posts/ vacancies, educational qualifications for the posts, certifications, other eligibility conditions, shortlisting of candidates for written test/interview etc. shall be final and binding. Management reserves the right to cancel/ restrict/ enlarge/ modify/ alter the selection/ recruitment process at any time without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- No request for postponement of interview will be entertained, if called for interview.
- The process of examination/ recruitment does not involve any correspondence by RailTel with candidate at any stage regarding deficiency in application / documents / payment of examination fee etc. It shall be responsibility of the candidate to satisfy himself/herself as to his/her fulfilling the eligibility criteria, and also to furnish correct, complete and desired information/ documents etc. Data once filled by the candidate during filling of application form will be treated as final and no correspondence/ request regarding correction of any data at any stage will be entertained. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates found ineligible or not shortlisted and thus not called for written test/interview or for their non- selection.
The decision of RailTel in all aspects pertaining to the application, its acceptance or rejection, conduct of examination/interview and at all consequent stages culminating in selection or otherwise of any candidate shall be final and binding on all concerned. RailTel reserves its right to alter /modify any condition laid down in this vacancy notice or any backend process for conduct of selection during its various stages as warranted by any unforeseen circumstances arising during the course of this process or as deemed necessary by RailTel at any stage.
NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE (NOC): Candidates currently serving in Govt/Quasi Govt. offices/ Public Sector Undertakings on regular basis are advised to inform the appropriate authority in their departments about their applying for the post in RailTel in response to this vacancy notice. Candidates shortlisted for interview shall be required to submit “No Objection Certificate” from their employer for appearing in RailTel’s interview at the time of verification of documents prior to interview, failing which they shall not be allowed to appear in interviews and their candidatures shall be treated as cancelled.
ACCEPTANCE OF RESIGNATION: On final selection, candidates working in Govt./PSU/private entity, should produce the document conveying the acceptance of his/her resignation from service of his/her last employer. In the absence of such document, he/she shall not be allowed to join RailTel service.
VERIFICATION OF DOCUMENTS: The candidates called for interview shall be required to produce original documents relating to date of birth, educational qualifications, certifications, experience, caste certificates, his identification etc. for verification and also to submit self- attested photocopies thereof at the time of interview. Such documents shall be listed in the interview call letter. If the identity of the candidate is in doubt or he is not able to produce the requisite documents or there is mismatch of information in the documents or he is found ineligible for the post applied for or any other claim made in his /her application if found to be incorrect, he will not be allowed to appear in the interview and his/her candidature will be treated as cancelled.
The onus is on the candidates to prove with valid documents that all the information submitted by them in the on-line application is true.
TRAVELLING EXPENSES: RailTel Corporation of India Limited Recruitment
No traveling expenses will be paid to the candidates for appearing in online test.
The SC/ST/PwBDs candidates who are not already in service, when called for the interview, shall be reimbursed AC-III class to and fro Rail or bus fare by the shortest route on production of original tickets from the Rly station / Bus stand nearest to their normal place of residence to the place of interview.
MEDICAL STANDARDS: After empanelment, candidates will have to pass the requisite medical standards (i.e., C-2 medical standards (Annexure-XIII) of Indian Railway Medical Manual) conducted by medical authority appointed by RailTel Corporation of India to ensure that candidates are medically fit to carry out duties connected with the post. Candidates who fail to meet the medical standards will not be allowed appointments.
BACKGROUND CHECK: In case of selection on the above-said post, such selection / appointment on the post shall be provisional subject to verification of character and antecedents of the candidate and verification of caste certificate and other documents submitted by the candidate and subject to his/her meeting the requisite medical standards for the post and other requirements applicable for appointments under the Central Govt. /PSUs. A copy of valid passport will be required for consideration of confirmation in RailTel’s service after successful completion of period of probation.
AADHAAR AND PASSPORT: The selected candidate will have to submit the attested copy of his/her personal passport and aadhaar card within a period of three months from the date of his/her joining RailTel’s service.
PROBATION: Two years from the date of joining RailTel. The period of probation shall be regulated as per extant rules / instructions issued from time to time.
SERVICE AGREEMENT: Substantial investment is made by RailTel Corporation on its employees for the recruitment, training, on-the job training / guidance for specifically handling the job responsibilities and thereafter. Any discontinuation of the employment before expiry of three years would unfairly prejudice the interest of the company. As such, the selected candidates will have to execute a service agreement of Rs. Two Lakh to serve RailTel for a period of three years from the date of their joining.
RESIGNATION: Three months’ prior notice shall be required before seeking resignation from RailTel Corporation. This notice shall not absolve the executive of the liabilities of service agreement mentioned in para 23 above or vice-versa.
25. SCRIBE: RailTel Corporation of India Limited Recruitment
Conditions /eligibility criteria for use of scribe for candidates in category of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities:
- Indicate option for scribe if you are a PwBDs candidate and eligible for scribe. Only the candidates suffering from Low Vision or the candidates whose writing speed is affected by Cerebral Palsy/Muscular Dystrophy/ candidates with Locomotor disability (one arm) are eligible for availing scribe.
- The highest educational qualification of the scribe should be one step below the qualification of the candidate taking examination.
- The Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in the category of Low Vision will be allowed Compensatory Time of twenty minutes per hour of the examination. In case of other categories of PwBDs, the facility will be provided on production of a certificate to the effect that the person concerned has physical limitation to write, from the Chief Medical Officer/ Civil Surgeon/ Medical Superintendent of a Government Health Care Institution as per the proforma.
- For engaging the SCRIBE, the candidate will have to fill up information about the SCRIBE while registering himself (Format enclosed as annexure-XII).
- The candidate will have to arrange his/her own SCRIBE at his/her own costs during the examination. Separate Admit Card will be issued to the SCRIBE accompanying the candidate. The admit card will contain the particulars, photo and signature of the SCRIBE.
- The candidate as well as the SCRIBE will have to give an undertaking at the time of written test declaring that the SCRIBE fulfills all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a SCRIBE mentioned in this paragraph.
- In case it transpires at a later date that the SCRIBE did not fulfill the laid down conditions/eligibility criteria or there has been suppression of material facts, the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled irrespective of the result of the examination.
- The candidate shall be responsible for any misconduct on the part of the SCRIBE brought by him.
- The same scribe should not be engaged by more than one candidate.
ACTION AGAINST MISCONDUCT: RailTel Corporation of India Limited Recruitment
- Candidates are advised in their own interest that they should not furnish any documents/information that are false, tampered, fabricated and they should not suppress any material information while filling up the “on-line” application/ paper application, as the case may be.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.
- At any stage of recruitment or later, if a candidate is or has been found guilty of any misconduct such as:
- Using unfair means during the examination; orImpersonating or procuring impersonation by any person; orMisbehaving in the examination hall; orResorting to any irregular means in connection with his/her candidature during selection process; orUsing undue influence for his/her candidature by any means; orSubmitting of false certificates/ documents /information or suppressing any information at any stage; or
- Giving wrong information regarding his/her category SC/ST/OBC/NCL/EWS/PwBDs etc.) while appearing in the examination or thereafter; or
- Writing irrelevant matter including obscene language or pornographic matter in the script(s); or
- Being in possession of mobile phone, pager, pen-drive, calculator, wrist watches (whether analog or digital/smart), tablet, bluetooth, headphone, earplug, laptop, ipad, electronic car kays, electronic reading device, any paper material or other computing /communication devices etc.;
He/she, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to legal/criminal prosecution, will also become liable to be :
- Disqualified from the examination and /or
- Debarred either permanently or for a specified period from any examination/recruitment and /or
- Discharged/removed/dismissed from service, if the act of misconduct comes to notice after his/her appointment to the service of RailTel.
27. FACILITATION FOR GUIDANCE OF APPLICANTS:
Applicants may raise technical queries/ask for clarifications relating to the filling up of ONLINE APPLICATION, via Helpdesk Tab integrated in application portal Or on Phone No. 091-9513631713 (Mon to Sat-1000 hrs to 1700 hrs ).
- INFORMATION UNDER RTI Act: Any Application under RTI act seeking any information will not be entertained till the completion of the entire recruitment process.
- RailTel Corporation will not be responsible for any inadvertent errors of any sort in this vacancy notice and reserves right to correct such errors.
- INFORMATION ON WEBSITE: Any corrigendum to this notice/ further information/ details regarding applications or applicants / any other information regarding schedule of examinations or interviews/ call letters for interview/ notices / results /panels shall be posted only on the official website of RailTel Corporation of India Limited (www.railtel.in). No publication in any other media will be made. Therefore, the candidates are advised to keep updating themselves by checking the official website of RailTel frequently.
- The legal jurisdiction will be New Delhi in case of any cause.
WARNING: Beware of touts / job racketeers trying to deceive by false promises of securing job in RailTel either through influence or by use of unfair and unethical means. RailTel has not authorised any person or any agency for any action on its behalf for interacting with candidates in relation to this recruitment. Candidates are advised to visit only the official website of RailTel Corporation (www.railtel.in) and beware of fake websites and social media contents put up by the unscrupulous elements.