NIT Rourkela Jobs 2023: NIT Rourkela invites applications for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor.
Table of Contents
NIT Rourkela Jobs 2023 Faculty Positions
National Institute of Technology Rourkela, an Institute of National Importance under the Ministry of Education, Government of India invites applications for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor from Indian nationals fulfilling eligibility criteria and possessing excellent academic background, commitment to quality teaching and research, and propensity for institutional development in various specializations of Engineering, Architecture, Science, Humanities, and Management as given in Annexure-I.
|Assistant Professor Grade II
|Assistant Professor Grade II
|Assistant Professor Grade I
Also Read: NIT Rourkela Admission PhD Program 2023-24
* Backlog Vacancy ^ PWD candidates who have applied during last three years are eligible to apply for this advertisement
|Reservations are applicable as per Government of India guidelines.
|The number of vacancies shown above are tentative and may vary.
|In case, the vacancies reserved for EWS are not filled due to non-availability of suitable/ eligible candidate(s) belonging to EWS category, such vacancies shall be filled by UR candidates.
|As per Note 1: (5) of Schedule E attached to Statute 23(5)(a) of NIT Amendment Statutes 2017, the departments which are not having any vacancy, movement in higher Academic Grade Pay or cadre shall be carried out as per specified selection process but it will be restricted to only serving faculty members of the respective departments.
|As there is no vacancy in the Department of Chemistry, Planning & Architecture, and Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, fresh applicants can not apply for these departments. Only the serving faculty members of NIT Rourkela can apply.
Educational Qualification and Experience
Educational qualifications, experience, and other criteria shall be as per Schedule ‘E’ of NIT Statute, published in the Gazette of India on 24th July, 2017, and subsequent clarifications received from Ministry of Education erstwhile Ministry of HRD, Government of India. A copy of the Gazette notification is available at https://nitrkl.ac.in/docs/Career/MRR.pdf
Eligibility: NIT Rourkela Jobs 2023 Faculty Positions
The minimum eligibility for various Department/School is prescribed in the following table
|Minimum Educational Eligibility
|First Class in B.Tech./B.E. with Ph.D. in relevant branch/discipline
|First Class in B.Tech./B.E./B.Des. with Ph.D. in relevant branch/ discipline
|Planning and Architecture
|First Class in M.Arch./ M.Plan. for Assistant Professor Grade IIFirst Class in M.Arch./ M.Plan. with Ph.D. in relevant branch/ discipline for Assistant Professor Grade I and higher position
|First Class in Masters’ Degree with Ph.D. in relevant branch/discipline
|Humanities and Social Sciences
|First Class in Masters’ Degree with Ph.D. in relevant branch/discipline
|School of Management
|First Class in MBA/M.Tech./M.Sc./LLM or equivalent with Ph.D. in relevant branch/discipline
General Information: NIT Rourkela Jobs 2023 Faculty Positions
- All qualifications, experiences, and age limit will be considered as on the closing date of application.
- Applications received on or before the closing date only will be considered for scrutiny and selection.
- NIT Rourkela has adopted four-tier flexible faculty structure for NITs. Any new guidelines and clarifications issued by MOE, till final selection, shall be applicable. The faculty recruitment will be carried out as per the guidelines of the CEI (Reservation in Teachers’ Cadre) Act, 2019 and clarifications received from Ministry of Education vide F.No.20-2/2022-TS.III, dated 27/04/2022.
- All degrees acquired by the applicant should be from an Institute/University recognized by the UGC/AICTE/AIU.
- No person, (i) who had entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or (ii) who is having a spouse alive, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post.
- As an Institute of National Importance, NIT Rourkela strives to have faculty members, which reflects an all-India character and hence candidates from all over the country and abroad are encouraged to apply.
- NIT Rourkela strives to have faculty members, which also reflects gender balance and hence women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- NIT Rourkela is committed towards inclusive representation of specially abled individuals and hence PWD candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- Fresh appointment beyond the age of 60 years is discouraged except in the case of faculty with exceptional research, industrial, and/or academic career.
- Serving regular faculty members of the Institute shall be eligible to apply for higher positions in their own departments irrespective of their specialization, if they satisfy other advertised criteria.
- In order to limit the number of candidates, the scrutiny committee constituted for the purpose may prepare a list of candidates to be called for presentation and interview by following a higher standard for shortlisting.
- Mere fulfilment of minimum qualification and experience does not entitle a candidate for a call to attend presentation and interview. Short listing criteria may be set higher than the minimum advertised criteria.
- Since Departments/Subjects/Specializations are many and not comparable with each other, following an uniform standard/norm for shortlisting of a candidate by a department is not feasible. Hence, Departments may fix different short-listing criteria for a post/specialization.
- The Institute reserves the right to call finally short-listed candidates for presentation and interview after screening by the committee. The Institute also reserves the right to modify/defer or cancel full/part of the advertisement/recruitment process at any stage without assigning any reason thereof. The decision of the Institute in this regard will be final and binding on all the applicants who responded to this advertisement.
- The provisionally shortlisted candidates will have to give a presentation. After the evaluation of their presentation, only the suitable candidates will be recommended to appear the Interview in order of their merit. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the score of the candidates in the Academic Achievements (A) and Presentation (B). The candidates will be recommended in the ratio of 1:3 i.e., for every one vacancy, three candidates will be selected to appear the interview.
- Number and nature of posts shown above may change and vary at the time of selection/recruitment. Further, the Institute reserves the right not to fill any post(s) or increase the vacancy.
- Applicants are required to pay an application fee as under:
|Indian National applying from abroad
The application fee is to be paid through SB Collect only. No other mode of payment is acceptable. Application fee, once paid, shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates applying from abroad can be permitted to attend the presentation & interview on their request through video conferencing depending on merit. It is mandatory to have personal presence in the presentation & interview for the applicants who are residing in India.
- Candidates shortlisted for presentation & interview will have to produce original documents for verification in support of their application regarding reservation category, educational qualification, experience, and other claims.
- Apart from the merit, the specialization of a candidate within a department will play a vital role in selection. Candidates with specialization in greater need by the department will be given preference. Candidates with work experience in reputed Universities, Institutions or Industry or with greater relevance to the academic programmes of a department will be given preference. The Institute’s decision on reputation of other Universities/Institutes will be binding.
- If a candidate is found suitable to a lower position (or Pay Level) than that applied for based on the recommendation of the short listing and selection committee, offer may be given for the lower position.
- Experienced and/or meritorious candidates may be given higher starting pay on recommendation of the selection committee against the applied post.
- Candidates may be posted and/or transferred to another Post/Department at any time during service career, in the interest of the Institute.
- Canvassing in any manner or unsolicited query made would entail disqualification of a candidate.
- Application Ids of the shortlisted candidates will be displayed in the Institute website. Information regarding application status, presentation & interview schedule, etc. will be made available in the recruitment portal only. The Institute will not be responsible in any manner if a candidate fails to visit / access the portal in time. Candidates are advised to regularly visit and login to the Institute’s recruitment portal https://nitrkl.ac.in/recruitment for updated status/ information.
- Any dispute with regard to the selection / recruitment process will be subject to Courts / Tribunals having jurisdiction over Rourkela.
- The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final. No correspondence/interim inquiries / unsolicited query will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection / interview including reasons for not being called for presentation & interview and no information will be provided during the recruitment process.
Compensations and Incentives: NIT Rourkela Jobs 2023 Faculty Positions
In addition to normal pay and allowances as applicable to the central government employees stationed at Rourkela, following additional incentives are also available to the faculty members:
- Full funding for attending national/international conference either for presenting a paper or chairing session. As per Institute guidelines membership of professional societies and purchase of books under Professional Development Allowance (PDA), limited to ₹3 Lakh in 3 years for all taken together (policy may change from time to time as per GOI guidelines) is admissible.
- Reimbursement of telephone charges (as per Institute rule).
- TA/DA as per NIT, Rourkela Rule to join the Institute as per GOI guidelines.
- Attractive medical facility including referral to outside specialized and reputed hospitals.
- Suitable residential accommodation as per rules subject to availability will be provided in the Institute Campus. HRA may be paid if the Institute can not provide accommodation.
How to Apply: NIT Rourkela Jobs 2023 Faculty Positions
1) Candidates willing to apply for one or more posts are requested to apply online at https://nitrkl.ac.in/recruitment
2) The online application can be filled in multiple sessions.
3) Applications shall be received online only. No application or CV should be sent against this advertisement by email or letter mail.
4) Persons employed in Government / Public Sector Enterprise / Autonomous Bodies should forward a copy of their application through proper channel or should furnish a no objection certificate (NOC) from the competent authority or employer at the time of interview.
Important Dates: NIT Rourkela Jobs 2023 Faculty Positions
|Opening of online application portal
|17:00 h IST, 21st December, 2023
|Closing of online application portal
|17:00 h IST, 20th January, 2024
|Closing of online payment portal
|23:30 h IST, 21st January, 2024
SPECIALIZATIONS FOR FACULTY RECRUITMENT – 2023
|Biotechnology & Medical Engineering (BM)
|System Biology (AIML)Metabolic EngineeringComputational Biology (Bioinformatics)ImmunotechnologyMedical RoboticsMechatronics
|Civil Engineering (CE)
|Structural EngineeringEnvironmental EngineeringTransportation EngineeringConstruction Engineering/Technology/Management or Equivalent
|Ceramic Engineering (CR)
|ElectroceramicsIndustrial CeramicsNano and Bio CeramicsStructural and Advanced ceramicsComputational Material Science
|Chemical Engineering (CH)
|Biochemical & Bioenergy EngineeringEnergy Conversion & StoragePolymers and Advanced materials or Material EngineeringTransport Processes and Complex Fluid Sensor and Sensing TechnologySystems Engineering and Process Control
|Computer Science & Engineering (CS)
|Computer SecuritySoftware EngineeringDistributed ComputingData ScienceNatural Language ProcessingTheoretical Computer ScienceArtificial IntelligenceComputer VisionSystemsComputer NetworksDatabase SystemsBioinformaticsCyber Physical SystemComputer Architecture
|Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC)
|InstrumentationControl SystemsQuantum CommunicationArtificial Intelligence / Machine LearningComputer VisionInternet of ThingsHardware SecurityIC Fabrication TechnologySemiconductor Device Fabrication
|Electrical Engineering (EE)
|Embeded SystemNanoelectronics and DevicePower Electronics and DrivesPower System Engineering
|Food Process Engineering (FP)
|Computer aided EngineeringTransport Process and KineticsFood Packaging and Storage Engineering
|Humanities & Social Sciences (HS)
|Educational Psychology and Development Psychology and Multi-Disciplinary PsychologyEnglish Language and Literature and ELTSociology of Development, Development Anthropology, Tribal Studies
|Industrial Design (ID)
|Animation DesignApplied Ergonomics / Human Factors in DesignArt & DesignCommunication DesignConceptual DesignDesign Policy / Design Strategy / Design ManagementDigital Media & DesignGraphic DesignIndustrial DesignInteraction Design / Design for UX/UI / Human- computer interaction (HCI)Product AestheticsProduct DesignRehabilitation and Assistive TechnologySocial and Cultural Aspects of DesignSustainable designUniversal and Inclusive DesignVisual Design
|Life Science (LS)
|BioinformaticsNeurobiology/ Neuroscience/ Cognitive biologyEmbryologyRadiation biologyPlant-stress biology
|Data StructureAlgorithms AnalysisMathematical logicML and AI: Theory and ApplicationsCryptography
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)
|Thermal EngineeringProduction EngineeringDesign Engineering
|Metallurgical & Materials Engineering (MM)
|Process MetallurgyPhysical MetallurgyMechanical MetallurgyComputational Metallurgy
|Mining Engineering (MN)
|Mine Planning and DesignMineral ProcessingGeoinformaticsIoT in MiningAI & ML for Mine SystemsMine Automation and DigitalizationGeotechnical
|Physics & Astronomy (PH)
|Experimental Quantum Devices
|School of Management (SM)
|Decision ScienceOperations ManagementInformation SystemBusiness AnalyticsIPR & business lawEntrepreneurship
For further queries (if any) please write to: [email protected]