Mission Bhumiputra – Online Caste Certificate Application Portal. Mission Bhumiputra | Government Of Assam, India.
Mission Bhumiputra, Bhumiputra, Caste Certificate, SC, ST(H), ST(P), OBC/MOBC, Apply Caste Certificate, Assam Government.
Table of Contents
Mission Bhumiputra is another groundbreaking initiative of the Government of Assam aimed at advancing the government’s commitment to providing convenient public services to the people. Under this initiative, the government will issue caste certificates to students through digital means, and the manual system of issuing caste certificates will be discontinued.
From now on, students can submit online applications for Scheduled Caste Certificates, Scheduled Tribe (Hills) Certificates, Scheduled Tribe (Plains) Certificates, and OBC/MOBC Certificates through the Mission Bhumiputra portal.
Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma launched this mission on August 1, 2022, under the Department of Welfare of Plain Tribes and Backward Classes.
Mission Bhumiputra Details
- Mission Name: Mission Bhumiputra
- Portal Name: Mission Bhumiputra Portal
- Mission Purpose: Online applications can be submitted for:
- Scheduled Caste Certificate
- Scheduled Tribe (Hills) Certificate
- Scheduled Tribe (Plains) Certificate
- OBC/MOBC Certificate.
- Department Name: Department of Welfare of Plain Tribes and Backward Classes.
- Organized by: Government of Assam
- Launch Date: August 1, 2022
- Launch Venue: Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra, Guwahati
- Launched by: Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Application Fee: Rs. 30/-
- Service Delivery Time Limit: 30 working days
- Helplines: To be updated later
Eligibility Criteria for Mission Bhumiputra
- Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen as per the constitution of India.
- Domicile: The applicant must be a permanent resident of Assam.
- Caste: Applicants must belong to one of the following categories in Assam – SC, ST, or OBC/MOBC.
Components of Mission Bhumiputra
The major components of Mission Bhumiputra include:
- A single application form will be used for all castes to ensure a uniform and simplified procedure for issuing caste certificates.
Transparent, Digital & Fast Application Process:
- The certificates will be available in the Digi locker under the IT Act with digital signatures by the respective Deputy Commissioners.
- If the father’s caste certificate is enclosed and found genuine, the certificate will be issued instantly.
- However, if any inquiry is required, it must be completed within 30 days and can be extended by another 15 days in exceptional cases with proper justification.
- Details of all certificates issued will be available for public view.
- A special drive will be initiated to issue caste certificates.
- This drive will cover students of Class IX-XII in the initial years.
- Deputy Commissioners will provide the format of applications for caste certificates to the Headmasters of educational institutions.
- The issued certificates will be distributed through principals/headmasters.
How to Apply for an Assam Caste Certificate through Mission Bhumiputra
Applicants belonging to the mentioned castes and wishing to obtain their caste certificates must visit the official web portal of Mission Bhumiputra to submit the application. Follow these steps to complete the caste certificate application process:
- Scroll down and check the Important Web-Links section below.
- Click on the Mission Bhumiputra Online Application Link.
- Register by clicking on the New Account option.
- After successful registration, log in using your Username and Password.
- Click on the New Application option.
- Fill out the application form with all required information carefully.
- Upload scanned copies of your documents.
- Finally, submit your application.
- After successful submission, you will receive an acknowledgment copy – save it for future reference.
Documents to be Uploaded with Mission Bhumiputra Form
Candidates must upload scanned copies of the following documents:
- Applicant’s Photo [Mandatory].
- Proof of Date of Birth (One of Birth Certificate/Aadhar Card/PAN/Admit Card issued by any recognized Board) of Applicant [Mandatory].
- Proof of Residence (One of Permanent Resident Certificate/Aadhar Card/EPIC/Land Document/Electricity Bill, Ration Card) of Applicant or Parent [Mandatory].
- Caste certificate of father [Mandatory].
- Recommendation of an authorized caste/tribe/community organization notified by the State Government [Mandatory (in case the father’s caste certificate is not present)].
- Any other document (Voter List, Affidavit, Existing Caste Certificate, etc.) [Optional].
- Upload Scanned Copy of the Application Form [Mandatory (in case of applying from PFC/CSC)].
Application Fee for Issuance of Caste Certificate
Anyone applying for the Issuance of a Caste Certificate needs to pay the following charges as applicable:
- Service charge (through PFC/CSC) – Rs. 30.
- Printing charge (in case of any printing from PFC/CSC) – Rs. 10 per page.
- Scanning charge (in case documents are scanned in PFC/CSC) – Rs. 5 per page.
- User/Statutory charges – Rs. 30.
- Convenience fee – Rs. 10/-
Important Web-Links of Mission Bhumiputra
- Mission Bhumiputra Online Application
- Mission Bhumiputra Official Video
- Manual Application Form
- Official Website
FAQs of Mission Bhumiputra
Q. What is Mission Bhumiputra?
Mission Bhumiputra is an initiative by the Government of Assam, India, aimed at simplifying the process of issuing caste certificates to students through digital means.
The mission’s primary goal is to provide easy and efficient public services to the common people by offering an online platform for applying and obtaining caste certificates.
Under Mission Bhumiputra, students can submit online applications for various types of caste certificates, including Scheduled Caste Certificate, Scheduled Tribe (Hills) Certificate, Scheduled Tribe (Plains) Certificate, and OBC/MOBC Certificate.
This initiative, launched on August 1, 2022, falls under the purview of the Department of Welfare of Plain Tribes and Backward Classes in Assam.
It seeks to streamline and digitize the process of obtaining caste certificates, making it more transparent, efficient, and accessible to eligible individuals.
The ultimate aim is to provide faster and more convenient public services, aligning with the government’s commitment to serving the people effectively.
Q. What is the launch date of Mission Bhumiputra?
Mission Bhumiputra was launched on August 1, 2022
Q. Who launched Mission Bhumiputra?
Mission Bhumiputra was launched by Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma, the Chief Minister of Assam, India.
Q. What kind of certificates can be applied for through Mission Bhumiputra?
Through Mission Bhumiputra, individuals can apply for the following types of certificates:
Scheduled Caste Certificate
Scheduled Tribe (Hills) Certificate
Scheduled Tribe (Plains) Certificate
OBC/MOBC (Other Backward Classes/MOBC) Certificate
These certificates are essential for individuals belonging to different social categories to avail of various government schemes, benefits, and reservations in educational institutions and employment opportunities.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or need assistance.