Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University PhD Admission Notification 2022-23.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR
THE CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION TO THE PH.D. PROGRAMME, 2022-23
1. ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:
The Admission to Ph.D. Degree in Law and Allied Subjects shall be open to the following candidates:
(i) Eligibility for admission to Ph.D. Degree in Law:
He/She has obtained the LL.M. Degree of Dr. R.M.L. National Law University, Lucknow or its equivalent Degree of any other university recognized by the UGC with at least 55% marks in the aggregate or an equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale.
However, there shall be a relaxation of 5 % in the aforesaid minimum 55% marks for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) of U.P./differently-able categories.
(ii) Eligibility requirement for admission to Ph.D. Degree in Allied Subjects:
- A Master’s Degree of any university recognized by UGC having at least 55% marks in the aggregate or an equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale in any subject of the proposed research work with a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, or
- A Master’s Degree of any university recognized by UGC having at least 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale in any subject of the proposed research work with established research credentials by way of publications; or
- A Master’s Degree of any university recognized by UGC having at least 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale in any subject of the proposed research work with long term in-depth practical experience in the area to be researched. However, there shall be a relaxation of 5% in the aforesaid minimum 55% marks for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer) of U.P./differently-able categories.
Provided that a candidate with the aforesaid qualifications in Social Sciences or Humanities shall be admitted to the Programme, if the research he/she intends to pursue, interfaces with the discipline of law.
A candidate whose result is awaited may also apply, however he/she must possess the requisite eligibility requirement on the date of Interview. If a candidate does not submit the PG Marksheet/Grade sheet, issued by their University/ College, shall not be allowed for the Interview.
2. FILLING-UP OF APPLICATION FORM:
The filling-up of application form shall include:
- The Applications of the all eligible candidates in the prescribed Application Form and along with the all documents, fulfilling with the academic criteria i.e. (PG Marksheet/Grade sheet, Degree and Research Proposal), relating to Latest Caste Certificate, Present Financial Year EWS Certificate, P.W.D. Certificate shall have to be reached to the Registrar, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, L.D.A., Kanpur Road Scheme, Lucknow-226012 by Online using following Google Link on or before 21.07.2022 by 05:00 p.m.:
- The fees (non-refundable) for the Application Form shall be Rs. 1100/- (Rs. 550/- for SC/ST of U.P. candidates).
The candidates shall have to submit the requisite fees, by on-line payment through Dr. RMLNLU website (SBI Collect). The Receipt of the On-line payment shall be attached with the Application Form.
- The candidates shall prepare and submit a detailed scheme of his/her proposed research work along with the Application Form on the following lines:
- Specification of broad field of study
- Importance and rationale of the study
- Available literature
- Method and scope of the study
- Justification of the Study and it’s interface with the Discipline of Law
In case the proposed research work plan is not submitted along with the Application form, The Application will not be entertained.
The Selection Process for Admission to the Ph.D. Programme 2022-23 will be as follows:
- The Written Test shall consist of 70 marks. The Question Paper will consist of Objective Type Questions 50% on Research Methodology and 50% shall be on the main Subject Specific.
- The qualifying marks shall be 50% of the marks in the Written Test. However, relaxation of 5% of marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy layer)/ Differentially Able categories.
(iii) A candidate who scores marks in the Written Test below the aforesaid prescribed minimum qualifying marks shall not be called for interview.
- The Entrance Test shall be exclusively in English Language.
- The Syllabus for the Entrance Test shall as may be prescribed by the University.
- The duration of the Entrance Test will be one and half hours. There will be no negative marking.
- The Interview shall be of 30 marks.
- The Interview Board for Interview for admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall conduct the Interview.
- The interview shall be conducted to consider the following aspects:
- The candidate possesses the competence of the proposed research work.
- The proposed area of research work can contribute to new/ additional knowledge
- In event of tie between two or more candidates in their inter se merit in the Written Test and Interview taken together, the tie will be broken by the following procedure and order:
- Higher marks in the Master’s Degree
- Higher marks in the Undergraduate Degree
- Higher in age
- Those eligible candidates who have qualified in the Entrance Test will be selected for Admission on the basis of their inter se merit taken together in the Written Test and Interview.
- Mere fact that the name of a candidate appears in the Merit List, he/she will not get any right to claim admission to the Ph.D. Programme 2022-23.
4. NUMBER OF SEATS:
- No. of seats for admission into the Ph.D. programme are as follows subject to the availability of the Research Supervisor:
|Allocation of Seats||Law||History||Political Science||Sociology||Economics||English||Psychology|
|OBC of U.P.||3||1||1||1||−||1||−|
|SC/ST of U.P.||2||−||1||−||1||−||1|
|EWS of U.P.||1||−||−||−||−||−||−|
- Streams for Admission:
- The Law Stream
- The Social Science and Human Stream: which will include:
- Economics: Commerce, Business Administration/ Management, Development Studies.
- English: Cultural Studies, Law and Literature, Women Studies.
- History: Buddhist Studies, Subaltern Studies (including Tribal and Dalit Studies).
- Political Science
- Sociology: Rural Development, Social Inclusion and Exclusion Studies, Gender Studies.
- Psychology: Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences, Child and Human Development, Family Studies, Neurological Sciences, Human Resources, Gender Studies.
- However the Research Degree Committee shall have power to make any change in the aforesaid lists as per its decision taken from time to time.
- There shall be reservation for eligible candidates in the aforesaid seats for SC/ST of Uttar Pradesh, OBC of Uttar Pradesh (Non-Creamy layer) and EWS of UP categories. However if any seat belonging to reserved category remains unfilled, a special drive as per the procedure prescribed by the University, will be made. If Seat is not available in Horizontal Reservation, the candidature must be treated in unreserved Category.
- Those candidate who have been declared qualified for admission to the Ph.D. Dergree programme and have paid the requisite fee for the admission, may be enrolled with the University as s Ph.D. Scholar.
5. FEES AND OTHER CHARGES:
Candidates selected for Admission to the Ph.D. Degree Programme-2022-23 will be enrolled by the University after the remission of the following fees:
|Head of Fee*||Amount (Rs.)|
|Registration fee (One type Payment)||10,000.00|
The fee amount is subject to the final decision of the Executive Council.
- After the verification of the required Documents by the concerned authority of the University, the total amount of Fee shall be deposited in the University account with the State Bank of India, RMLNLU Branch, Ashiyana, Lucknow using payment gateway of
the University. Thereafter the Annual fee shall be deposited on the 1st day of the opening of each Academic Year.
- Payment towards mess facility shall be payable separately as may be decided by the University from time to time.
- The teachers of this University selected for admission for Ph.D. Programme, will not be required to pay the utility charges & caution money.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
The general conditions for the Research Scholars shall include:
- The Ph.D. Programme shall be full time.
- The research scholars shall be required to be present in the University during working hours and their presence shall be duly recorded in the University library. This will not be less than 75% of the entire working days of the University in an Academic Year.
- Hostel facilities are limited in the University. No candidate admitted to the Ph.D. Programme shall be ensured the hostel facilities in the University.
(iv) No research scholar registered for Ph.D. Degree shall take up simultaneously any other course of study or any full time employment; however this limitation will not apply to the teachers of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow registered for Ph.D. However, this limitation will not apply after the expiry of period of 3 years from the date of admission. A Candidate who is in service shall have to submit an online Application form through proper channel and also shall have to submit a relieving certificate of their employer on the date of admission. Otherwise his/her admission would be cancelled. Thereafter he/she will not be entitled for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
- The Research Scholar may be required to take teaching assignments and render help as may be required in the academic and co-curricular activities of the University from time to time.
- All the Research Scholars are required to fulfill the requirements of the Course Work prescribed under the University Regulations Governing Admission and other related matters for the Ph.D. Degree in Law and Allied Subjects, amended from time to time.
- The Course Work and other required work in the Ph.D. Programme, including the Ph.D. thesis, shall be in the English Language.
- All the Research Scholars registered for the Ph.D. Programme shall abide by the Regulations and Rules framed by the University from time to time.
7. DURATION OF PH.D. PROGRAMME:
The following shall be the duration of Ph.D. Programme:
- The minimum duration shall be three years including course work and a maximum of six years from the date of Admission.
- The Research Scholars woman or person with disability (more than 40% disability) may be further allowed two years in the aforesaid maximum duration. In addition, the woman research scholar may be provided with maternity leave/child care leave once in the entire duration of her Ph.D. Programme for upto 240 days.
However, the Vice-Chancellor, on the recommendation of the Research Degree Committee, may in exceptional individual case make relaxation in the aforesaid prescribed maximum duration.
8. THE SCHEDULE FOR ADMISSION TO THE PH.D. PROGRAMME-2022-23 SHALL BE AS FOLLOWS:
|1.||The date of Admission Notification for online Application of Ph.D. Programme 2022-23||:||1st July, 2022 (Friday)|
|2.||Last date of Submission of Application Form||:||21st July, 2022 (Thursday) by 5:00 pm|
|3.||List of Eligible candidates for Entrance Test||:||25th July, 2022 (Monday)|
|4.||Issue of online Admit Card||:||27th July, 2022 (Wednesday)|
|5.||Written Test (11:00 am to 12:30 pm)||:||06th August, 2022 (Saturday)|
|6.||Result of the Written Test & List of Eligible Candidates for Interview||:||13th August, 2022 (Saturday)|
|7.||Interview (11:00 am onwards)||:||20th August, 2022 (Saturday)|
|8.||Final Merit List||:||25th August, 2022 (Thursday)|
|9.||Date of Admission||:||29th & 30th August, 2022 (Monday & Tuesday)|
|10.||Commencement of Classes||:||01st September, 2022 (Thursday)|
CONTACT INFORMATION: Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University PhD Admission Notification 2022-23
For further details please visit the University website www.rmlnlu.ac.in or contact the university at the following address/contact numbers.
LDA Colony, Kanpur Road Scheme, Lucknow-226012 U.P. India
|Ph.D. Programme Coordinator||:||+91-522-2425902-903 (Ext. 118)|
|Joint Registrar||:||+91-522-2425902-903 (Ext. 108)|
|Administration||:||+91-522-24 25 902-903 (Ext. 101, 106)|
|Telefax (Joint Registrar)||:||+91-522-24 22841|
|Email Address||:||[email protected]|