Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University Ph.D Admission 2024. Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University, Tiruchirappalli- Ph.D Admission 2024 with Stipend.
Table of Contents
About Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University (DSU):
Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University (DSU), first private university under Tamil Nadu Private Universities Act 2019, has been established by Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Charitable and Educational Trust, Perambalur.
DSU stands out as a leading center of higher learning with a mission of pursuing excellence in education and research. Centre for Research (CFR) at Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University brings together Professors, Scientists and Researchers from within the group of institution and from the State Universities and Central Research Laboratories across the Country, combining academic studies and scientific research for independent discipline.
They recognize that all forms of research outputs advance knowledge and affect society, either directly or indirectly, and contribute to social, economic, environmental, or cultural benefits.
Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University research profile consists of the faculties of different disciplines such as Medicine, Engineering & Technology, Agricultural Sciences, Management, Arts, Science and Humanities, and interdisciplinary research.
The research focus areas are closely connected and strengthen and inspire each other. This way the University actively applies its top research to solving the major questions in society.
Discipline Wise Vacancy List: Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University Ph.D Admission 2024
|Sl. No.||Department / Discipline||No. of Vacancies|
|3.||Agribusiness Management / Agricultural Economics||4|
|SCIENCE & HUMANITIES|
|1.||Nanoscience and Nanotechnology||4|
Position: Full-Time and Part-Time Ph.D., Research Scholars
Research Areas: Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University Ph.D Admission 2024
ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY:
Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Agricultural Nanotechnology, Agronomy, Agribusiness Management / Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension, Horticulture, Biotechnology, Agricultural Entomology
SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES:
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Management, English
Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Biomedical Sciences
Eligibility: Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University Ph.D Admission 2024
A candidate with Master’s Degree with not less than 55% marks or equivalent grade in the qualifying degree. UG students (B.E/B.Tech or equivalent) with 75% marks or 7.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) will also be eligible to register for a full-time direct PhD Program.
A relaxation of 5% or 0.5 score or equivalent may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled/ Economically Weaker Section (EWS).
|1.||A. Medicine-MBBS||MBBS with 50 % of marks can register for Ph.D., programme provided that the following criteria is met by the candidate. Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a research department/Institution recognized by this University or NMC recognised institution.Minimum of 1 article publication in their field of research in peer reviewed indexed journal.Duration of the program is 4 years under full-time Ph.D., registration. No part time Ph.D., is permitted.The candidate must have attended a Research Methodology Course conducted at any of the NMC recognized institutions.|
|B. Postgraduate Medical Diploma||D.CH. D.O., D.Ortho. D.L.O., D.G.O., etc. or one year PG Diploma with research methodology as a component with 1 year experience.|
|C. Post Graduate degree in Medicine / Surgery/Non- clinical Specialties||MD., MS. and equivalent.|
|D. Medical Higher Specialties||DM. M. Ch and equivalent.|
|2.||Post graduation in Nursing, Paramedical courses and Allied Health Sciences||M. Pharm, M.Sc. Nursing. M. Sc in relevant allied health sciences etc.|
|3.||Bio-Medical Sciences||M.Sc./M.Tech. 2 years or 5 years integrated (Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Nutrition & Dietetics., Biostatistics, Medical Sociology, Bio-medical Engineering, etc) and related bio-medical, medical subjects.|
|4.||M.Sc. (Faculty of Science)||2 yr M.Sc. in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Agricultural Sciences and related subjects.|
|5.||M.Sc. (Medical)||2 or 3yr M.Sc. in Medical Anatomy, Medical Physiology, Medical Pharmacology, Medical Biochemistry and Medical Microbiology and related subjects.|
|9.||M. E (Faculty of Engineering)||M. E / M.S / M. Tech in relevant engineering field and equivalent.|
|10.||Post Graduate degree in Law||2 year PG degree in Law|
|11.||M. Pharm||2 year PG program in pharmaceutical sciences.|
|10||Interdisciplinary Studies||2 year PG degree in the relevant disciplines concerned|
|11||Master of Philosophy in any discipline||M. Phil in relevant disciplines concerned with relevant PG degree|
Qualification: Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University Ph.D Admission 2024
As per Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University Norms. Please visit university webpage for further details.
Job Location: Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
Last Date to Apply: 13.11.2023
Pay Scale: Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University Ph.D Admission 2024
As per University norms, eligible Full-time research scholars shall receive a stipend of INR 20,000 per Month with a Contingency amount of INR 50, 000 per annum for research activities.
Duration: Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University Ph.D Admission 2024
|Sl. No.||Ph.D. Type||Duration (including course work)|
|1.||Full Time||3 years||6 years|
|2.||Part Time||4 years||6 years|
How to Apply: Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University Ph.D Admission 2024
Eligible candidates desirous of applying for the Ph.D., program may submit their application online through the link https://www.dsuniversity.ac.in/Admission_open.php
Admission Procedure: Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University Ph.D Admission 2024
- Advertisement for the Ph.D. admission subject to the available seats (accounting on scholar-to- supervisor ratio) per specialization will be posted on the University webpage and on the newspaper/social media twice a year.
- The candidates shall submit the online application on prescribed deadlines.
- The applications received will be scrutinized and eligible candidates will be called for Ph.D. pre- registration eligibility entrance exam.
Exam Pattern: Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University Ph.D Admission 2024
Pre-registration eligibility entrance examination for Ph.D. Program
Time: 3 hr
|Sl. No.||Tests||No. of MCQs||Marks|
|1||Test of Research Methodology||50||50|
|2||Test of Relevant Subject Knowledge||50||50|
Research Methodology syllabus for Ph.D. entrance exam is attached in annexure A.
- NET/SET/GATE/CEED or similar National entrance exam qualified candidates or JRF/SRF/Project Fellows (Under sponsored research projects) shall be exempted from clearing the Pre-Registration Ph.D. Entrance Examination and they shall be eligible to appear for interview and register for Ph.D. Program.
- Candidates who have scored 50 % marks in the entrance exam are eligible to be called for the interview. 5 % mark relaxation will be given in the entrance exam for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled category, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the amendments of the DSU regulation from time to time.
- Number of candidates called for an interview will be based on the seats available in the specific discipline.
- Followed by the entrance test, interview will be conducted by the University wherein the doctoral candidates are expected to discuss their research interest/area before the Selection Committee. Weightage split-up for marks scored in entrance exam and interview round will be 70 and 30 %, respectively.
Based on the discipline of the shortlisted candidates, Deans of the respective school will nominate 3- 5 faculty members who are recognized as supervisors for the Ph.D. interview selection committee.
The Ph.D. interview selection committee will consider the following aspects whether
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research work;
- The research work can be undertaken at the Institution
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge
Candidates will be selected and meritorious full-time candidates will be offered with DSU Doctoral fellowship based on their overall performance and as recommended by selection committee, and final approval by Dean – Research.
- Research scholars are encouraged to identify their prospective research supervisor from the list of recognized supervisors on the University webpage. Research scholars have the freedom to identify their supervisors.
Fees Structure: Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University Ph.D Admission 2024
|Program||Caution Deposit Fee (One Time)||Tuition Fee (Per Annum)||Online Application Fee (One Time)|
|Ph.D Full Time||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 40,000||Rs. 1,000|
|Ph.D Part Time (Internal)||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 1,000|
|Ph.D Part Time (External)||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 40,000||Rs. 1,000|
ANNEXURE – A
Syllabus of Research Methodology for Ph.D. Entrance Exam
- Meaning of research; objectives of research; basic steps of research; criteria of good research; types of research.
- Meaning of research problem; selection of research problem.
- Review of related literature- Meaning, necessity and sources.
- Hypothesis- Meaning, function and types of hypothesis; Null/Alternative hypothesis
- Variables- Meaning and types.
- Research design: Types of research design- exploratory, descriptive, diagnostic and experimental.
- Sampling- Meaning and types of sampling; Probability and Non-Probability.
- Tools and techniques of data collection- questionnaire, schedule, interview, observation, case study, survey etc.
- Statistics and its significance in research.
- Research reports: Writing preliminaries, main body of research, references and bibliography; Meaning and importance of workshop, seminar, conference, symposium etc. in research.
- Plagiarism- Concept and significance of plagiarism.
Kothari, C. R. and G. Garg (2019), Research Methodology: Methods and Techniques, Fourth MultiColour Edition, New Age International Publishers.
Name of the University:
Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan University
Samayapuram, Tiruchirappalli – 621 112, Tamilnadu, India.
University Website: www.dsuniversity.ac.in
Email Address to apply: [email protected]