Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya Ph.D Admission 2023 Notification. Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore ( A State University of M.P.) ACCREDITED ‘A+’ GRADE BY NAAC.
Table of Contents
Ph.D. Entrance Test (DAVV DET-2023)
Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya
Nalanda Parisar, R.N.T. Marg, Indore-452001
Important Dates (Tentative and subject to change due to unavoidable circumstances)
|Commencement of online application||08th September 2023|
|Last date of online application||30th September 2023|
|Correction in online application (if any)||01st – 03rd October 2023|
|Entrance Examination||31st October 2023|
Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya Ph.D Admission: General Rules and Instructions
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore invites online applications from the prospective applicants for DAVV DET- 2023. The admission to Ph.D. shall be governed by Revised Ordinance 11 and University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedures for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations 2022 and its subsequent amendments.
- DAVV DET-2023 shall be held in the following subjects ONLY. Applicants should select the subject in which he/she wishes to take admission.
BELOW MENTIONED VACANT SEATS ARE TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE
|S. No.||Name of Faculty||Subject||Number of Vacant Seats (Tentative subjected to change at the time of RAC)|
|4||Arts||Mass Communication and Journalism||5|
|6||Arts||Music and Dance||7|
|11||Home Science||Home Science||8|
|12||Physical Education||Physical Education||3|
|16||Engineering||Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.||1|
|17||Engineering||Electronics & Telecommunication||7|
|23||Engineering Sciences||Computer Science||11|
|24||Engineering Sciences||Data Science||4|
|26||Engineering Sciences||Energy & Environment||3|
|32||Life Sciences||Life Sciences||5|
- Applicants are advised to apply only if he/she fulfils the eligibility requirements. The onus of checking appropriate eligibility lies with the candidate.
- Applicants must read and understand details given in the information brochure beforefilling the online application form.
No written communication regarding DAVV DET-2023 shall be provided. Applicants are advised to visit University website (www.dauniv.ac.in) regularly for updates.
- Ph.D. Entrance test (DAVV DET-2023) comprises of two parts
- Entrance Examination (ii) Interview by Research Advisory Committee (RAC) All successful candidates in Entrance Examination shall have to appear for Interview. Candidates shall be Admitted to Ph.D. Programme only after approval of RAC.
Eligibility: Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya Ph.D Admission 2023
The candidates who have completed either one of the following are eligible to seek admission in the Ph.D. Programme:
(i) 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed.
(ii) M.Phil. Programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions.
(iii) A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed in all above-mentioned cases for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time.
(iv) The applicants appearing in the final semester / year examination may also apply but they have to submit their final result before appearing in interview by RAC (Research Advisory Committee)
7. Reservation: Reservation for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy layers)/EWS applicants is as per existing rules. This benefit of reservation will be offered to MP domicile applicants only.
8. Exemption from appearing in the Entrance Examination of DAVV DET-2023: Students who have fellowship/scholarship through UGC-NET/ UGC-CSIR NET and other similar national level tests in relevant subject shall be exempted from the entrance test but they have to appear in the interview. The foreign students shall also be exempted from the entrance test but they also have to appear in the interview.
It is mandatory for all candidates (including the candidates who are exempted from Entrance
Examination) to fill the online application form by due date.
How to Apply: Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya Ph.D Admission
a. Interested applicants may apply through MP-online portal: https://davv.mponline.gov.in.
b. The application fee (Non-refundable) is Rs. 1,500. In addition to application fee, Rs. 50/- will be charged extra as Online service charges.
c. Applicants can pay fee online through MP-online authorized KIOSK in MP or through any ATM cum Debit card/Credit card or Net Banking from anywhere.
d. If your payment is deducted and receipt is not generated, pay the fee again, as previous amount will be reverted automatically into your account. For more details on this issue, you can call customer care number: 0755-6720200.
e. Applicant must upload his/her recent coloured photograph at the given space of the online application form. No other documents are to be uploaded.
f. The name of the applicants must be the same as given in the mark sheet/grade sheet of the 10th Class.
g. The information given in the online application form will be verified with the original documents at the time of interview by RAC (…..). If it is found that an applicant has provided incorrect or false information or withheld some relevant information at the time of filling up the online application form, the applicant shall be debarred from admission or admission can be cancelled at any stage during the course of study without giving prior notice.
10. Admit Card: Applicants can download their Admit card from MP-online a week prior to commencement of Entrance Examination.
11. An applicant shall ordinarily be permitted to work for Ph.D. degree in the subject in which he/she has obtained his/her Qualifying Degree. However, research work leading to Ph.D. degree may be allowed in allied subject of interdisciplinary nature of the same faculty or of allied faculties. In such cases, applicants may be permitted to work under one or two co-supervisors along with the supervisor. But the candidate has to qualify the entrance test in the subject in which he/she wants to take admission.
12. Date and Time of Entrance Exam:
a. The Entrance Examination shall be conducted on 31st October, 2023. Timings of the Online Examination will be informed on Admit Card and also notifying on University web site. The duration of entrance examination shall be of Two hours.
b. Examination will be conducted in Online Mode.
c. Applicant is required to report in person for entrance examination and interview on given date and time. Non-appearance, for any reason, shall automatically disqualify the candidature for admission to Ph.D.
13. Examination Center(s): Examination centers will be in Indore city only.
14. There is no age limit for admission in Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programmes.
15. Question paper pattern: The Doctoral Entrance Test will have the question paper in two parts. Part-A shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions of 1 mark each based on research methodology. It shall be of generic nature, intended to assess the research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, data interpretation, and quantitative aptitude of the candidate. Part-A may be common within the same faculty. Part-B shall also consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions of 1 mark each based on the subject of the research.
16. The duration of the Doctoral Entrance Test will be of Two hours. There will be no negative marking. The candidates must score minimum 50% marks in the entrance test to qualify for the interview. A relaxation of 5% marks will be allowed in the Doctoral Entrance Test to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled category, Economically Weaker Section (EWS), and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time. A list of the eligible candidates for interview shall be prepared including the candidates exempted from DET and qualified on the basis of the result of the Doctoral Entrance Test and the same list shall be submitted to the Registrar to notify.
DET score will be valid for two years or next consecutive DET, whichever is earlier. Detailed syllabus of Part A and Part B can be downloaded from the University website.
17. Interview: All the applicants who have qualified the entrance examination (including those who were exempted from the entrance examination) shall have to appear in the interview for admission in Ph.D. The interview shall be conducted by the Research Advisory Committee (RAC) of the concerned subject. The date of interview in each subject will be notified on the website of the University.
The candidates are expected to bring the No Objection Letter from the proposed Supervisor and Co-supervisor (if applicable) duly forwarded from the Head of the research centre (s). The candidates should also bring with them the following documents:
a. Original certificates and mark sheets along with a self-attested copy of each of the certificate and mark sheet of 10th, 12th, Graduation, and Post-graduation/JRF/UGC-NET/ UGC-CSIR.
b. Original documents along with a self-attested copy of SC/ ST/ OBC-non-creamy layer/ Divyang, MP domicile certificate and income certificate (if applicable) to claim the benefit of reservation and relaxation of marks in the entrance examination.
c. The candidates are required to discuss their research interest / area through a presentation before a duly constituted RAC. The interview/viva-voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research.
- the research work can be suitably undertaken at the research centre.
- the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
d. The evaluation in interview will be based on 100 marks to be allocated in the following criteria, each of 25 marks:
(i) Research plan. (ii) Research potential/ aptitude
(iii) Communication skills (iv) Subject knowledge in the respective area of research.
e. The final merit list shall be prepared giving 70% and 30% weightage to marks obtained in entrance examination and interview, respectively and be notified on the University website.
18. Allocation of Supervisor: The allocation of the supervisor for a selected applicant shall finally be decided by the RAC in a formal manner depending on the available seats with the supervisor, the available specialization among the supervisors and the research interest of the applicant as indicated during the interview.
In case Supervisor is not working at the research center, a co-supervisor may be allotted from the research center to guide and monitor the research scholar at the center.
The list of supervisorswith tentative vacant seats is available at – https://www.dauniv.ac.in/public/frontassets/det2023/04-Sept-2023_List-of-Supervisors.pdf
19. In case of topics which are of inter-disciplinary nature where the RAC feels that the expertise in the research center has to be supplemented from outside, the RAC may appoint a Research Supervisor from the University, who shall
20. Be known as the Research Supervisor, and a Co-Supervisor from outside the Research Centre/ Faculty / College/ University on such terms and conditions as may be specified and agreed upon by the consenting Institutions/Colleges.
21. The decision of the Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore regarding any dispute related to DAVV DET-2023 will be final and binding.
22. The University reserves the right to modify any information at any stage.
23. Any legal dispute regarding DAVV DET-2023 is subject to Indore jurisdiction.
24. For any query, please contact on – E-mail: [email protected];
Mobile: 98260-08465 (between 11.00am— 5.00 PM)