Assam Down Town University PhD Admission 2023. ADTU Admission 2023-24| Application Form, Last Date. Assam Down Town University Ph.D Course Duration 3 Year, Selection Process, Eligibility PG 55% Marks Criteria, Entrance Exam 2024 Registration Process.
Table of Contents
Assam Down Town University PhD Admission 2023
Assam Down Town University (AdtU) stands as one of the leading universities in North East India, which offers students a unique blend of academic excellence and research opportunities. By combining the expertise of eminent academicians, highly motivated teachers, and top industry leaders, AdtU has created an environment that nurtures teaching, learning, and experiential growth.
This approach equips students with a global perspective and instils a positive attitude towards embracing challenges. As one of the largest educational groups in Assam, AdtU boasts an impressive student body of over 7000 students and a faculty team of more than 300 members.
The university is situated on a sprawling 50- acre campus nestled amidst picturesque green hills. Recognizing the importance of research, AdtU consistently upgrades its state-of-the-art laboratories and research facilities, thereby promoting and encouraging a wide range of research activities.
The university’s commitment to academic and research excellence, combined with its expansive campus and dedicated faculty, provides students with a conducive learning environment that fosters holistic development.
AdtU strives to empower its students with the necessary knowledge, skills, and mindset to navigate the challenges of the real world successfully.
Assam Down Town University PhD Admission 2023 Programmes
Applications are invited for full-time and part-time PhD programmes under the following Faculty of Studies:
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Computer Technology
- Faculty of Commerce and Management
- Faculty of Paramedical Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
Assam Down Town University PhD Admission 2023–Important Dates
|Date of Opening the Link for Application for AdtU-RET
|Last Date of Online Application for AdtU-RET
|Date of Online Examination (AdtU-RET)
|Date of Declaration of Results for Online Examination
|Submission of PPT and Concept notes by selected candidates
|Interview/Presentation of Selected Candidates (online mode) (Detail schedule will be released on 29/01/2024)
|30/01/2024 & 31/01/2024
|Announcement of List of Selected Candidates
|2nd Week of February 2024
|Date of Admission in PhD program
|PhD Course Work Classes
|Starting from 2nd Week of March 2024
Details of PhD Area of Research
|Faculty of Study
|Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering
|Biotechnology, Botany, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Zoology, Food Nutrition and Dietetics
|Optometry, Radio and Imaging Technology
|Commerce & Management
|Humanities and Social Sciences
|Psychology, Social Work, Sociology
|Agricultural Sciences and Technology
|Agricultural Sciences (Soil Science, Agricultural Microbiology, Agricultural Biotechnology, Horticulture, Genetics and Plant Breeding etc).
*If a scholar want to carry out multidisciplinary research despite of that scholar’s enrollment in one of the faculties, then the scholar will be able to propose for the multi-disciplinary research proposal write up including more than one faculty and can apply for admission to PhD Program of a particular faculty.
Eligibility Criteria for admission in the Assam Down Town University PhD Admission 2023
For admission in Ph.D. Programme a candidate needs to fulfill the following eligibility criteria: Candidates for admission to the PhD programme shall complete:
- 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a minimum 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with atleast 55% marks [50% for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS)] in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or programmes or qualifications declared equivalent to master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with atleast 75% marks [70% for SC/ST/OBC (non- creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, EWS] in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. programme with at least 55% marks [50% for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, EWS] in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
AdtU-RET examination has the following two components:
- Written test [70marks]
(b) Interview/Personal Interaction [30 marks]
Written test: Components of PhD–RET(Written Examination) & Mark distribution
|Name of the sub-components
|Subject Specific Questions
Interview/Personal interaction: Students who have secured 50% marks in the written test will be eligible for the interview.
All the selected applicants need to submit a concept note on their research interest / area (2-3 pages) and power point (PPT) presentation to [email protected] within 24/01/2024. Submission of concept note & PPT is mandatory before interview/presentation. Candidates are required to present and discuss their research interest/area before the selection panel. Candidates are advised to prepare Three (03) minute presentation (03 slides) for this purpose.
Exemption from Entrance test: Assam Down Town University PhD Admission 2023
The candidates who have qualified who qualify for fellowship/scholarship in UGC-NET/UGC- CSIR NET/GATE/ GPAT/CEED and similar National level tests based on an interview in the concerned subject are exempted from the written examination of AdtU-RET. However, they shall have to appear in counselling for getting admission into the program.
Application Fees: Rs.1000/-(nonrefundable)
Important Note: Assam Down Town University PhD Admission 2023
- After submitting the AdtU-PhD RET application online, please send the scanned copies of the following documents in a single PDF file to the Ph.D. Cell Coordinator via email at [email protected]
- Acknowledgement of online submission of the AdtU-RET application.
- All testimonials, including all mark sheets and pass certificates, combined in a single PDF.
- Certificate of qualification/grade card of UGC/CSIR-NET (JRF), including SLET/SET/M.Phil.
- Certificate of qualification/scorecard for GPAT/GATE/MAT/CAT, if applicable.
- Admission will be granted on the basis of merit and subject to seat availability.
- Selected candidates must complete the admission process within the specified time after the verification of original documents and submission of a No Objection Certificate (NOC) in the given format from their employer (if the scholar is a working person).
- Submission of No Objection Certificate (NOC) is mandatory during the admission process.