Ashimananda Gangopadhyay is a distinguished professor in the Department of Folklore at the University of Kalyani. Here is a detailed biography of Professor Ashimananda Gangopadhyay:
Table of Contents
- Name: Ashimananda Gangopadhyay
- Designation: Professor
- Department: Department of Folklore
- Phone Number: +91 9477077094
- Institutional E-Mail: [email protected]
- Web URL: culturalstudies.in
- Educational Qualifications: Ph.D., PGBT, PGDJMC
Awards and Honours (National/International):
- Secured 1st position in B.A.(Hons) exam, University of Burdwan and received the AC Sarkar Gold Medal.
- Awarded University Scholarship for securing the highest marks in B.A.(Hons) in Bengali exam.
- JRF (Junior Research Fellowship).
- Acted as a faculty member in the 5th International Folklore Summer School at Bangla Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh (13.04.2018-17.04.2018).
- Acted as a faculty member in the 4th International Folklore Summer School at Bangla Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh (13.04.2017-17.04.2017).
- Member, Editorial Board, “Media Journal” (International Journal of Media ISSN 2414-2867, Mymensingh, Bangladesh).
- President, Development and Research Academy for Folk and Tribes (DRAFT), Kolkata.
Guest of Honour in International Events:
- Chief Guest & Speaker, International Folklore Seminar, Department of Folklore, Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh, 2017.
- Speaker & Guest of Honour, International Book Fair (Amar Ekushe), Dhaka, Bangla Academy, Bangladesh, 2014.
- Speaker & Guest of Honour, International Book Fair (Amar Ekushe), Dhaka, Bangla Academy, Bangladesh, 2013.
- Special Guest & Speaker, Northern University, Khulna, Bangladesh, 2012.
- Speaker & Guest of Honour, Shilpa kala Academy, Narail & Charon Kabi Bijoy Sarkar Foundation, Bangladesh, 2012.
- Folk-Performing Arts
- Folk Journalism & Mass Media
- Folk Religion
- Indigenous/Tribal Studies
- Research Methodology
Teaching Experience: Ashimananda Gangopadhyay
- Lecturer (Permanent Post): Ramakrishna Mission Brahamananda Post-Graduate B.T. College, Rahara.
- Associate Prof. & Reader & Lecturer (Permanent Post): Surendranath Eve. College, Kolkata
- Professor & Associate Professor: University of Kalyani
- Guest Faculty at Ramsaday College, Howrah, and Sir Gurudas College, Kolkata
- Delivered twenty (20) special lectures on Folklore in the Department of Bengali (PG), Sidho-Kanho-Birsha University in the year 2015.
- Taught at various other institutions including Rabindra Bharati University, Dwijendralal College, Krishnanagar, Kancharapara College, and Rani Rashmoni Green University.
- Administrative experiences in the University of Kalyani include serving as the Head of the Department of Folklore, a member of the University Court, a member of the Board of Research Studies, a member of the Post-Graduate Board of Studies in the Department of Folklore, and a member of the Equivalence Committee.
- Also served as a member (Government Nominee) of the Governing Body of Gurudas College, Kolkata, and as a former member (University Nominee) of the Governing Body of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar College, Betai, Nadia.
- Member of the Finance Sub-Committee, Gurudas College, Kolkata-54.
- Member of the Board of Post Graduate Studies, Institute of Mass Communication Film and Television Studies, Kolkata.
- Acted as a member of the Syllabus Committee in the Department of Bengali, West Bengal State University.
- Currently serving as a member of the Academic Committee of the Centre for Women Studies, University of Kalyani.
List of Publications (Peer-Reviewed): Professor Ashimananda Gangopadhyay has numerous publications in journals and books, including articles in journals like “Media Journal,” “Lokodarpan,” “International Journal of Humanities & Social Science Studies,” and others. He has also authored several books and contributed chapters to various books related to Folklore and Cultural Studies.
Invited Lecture / Session Chaired: Professor Ashimananda Gangopadhyay has delivered various invited lectures and chaired academic sessions at both national and international levels, covering topics related to Folklore, Culture, and Social Sciences.
Membership of Learned Societies:
- Life Member, Asiatic Society, Kolkata
- Life Member, Paschimbanga Itihas Samsad, Kolkata
- Member, Folkloristic Education & Research Institute (FERI), Kolkata
- Professor Gangopadhyay has supervised and mentored several Ph.D. and M.Phil. scholars in the field of Folklore and related areas.
Please note that this information is based on the provided biography up to September 2021. For any updates or more specific details, you may contact Professor Ashimananda Gangopadhyay directly or refer to the official university website.