Aliah University Ph.D Admission 2023-24 Notification. Notification for Admission to the Ph.D. Programme for Session: 2023-2024.
Online application portal for Ph.D admission 2023-24 is live now.
Table of Contents
Aliah University Ph.D Admission 2023-24
Online applications are invited in prescribed format from the eligible candidates ( Indian nationals only) for admission to the Ph.D. Programme in various departments of the following subjects:
(xi) Mathematics and Statistics,
(xii) Biological Sciences,
(xiii) Civil Engg.,
(xiv) Computer Science and Engg.,
(xv) Electrical Engg.,
(xvi) Electronics & Communication Engg.,
(xvii) Mechanical Engg.,
(xviii) Management and Business Administration (MBA),
(xix) Islamic Theology,
(xx) Islamic Studies.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Aliah University Ph.D Admission 2023-24
A 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory/regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed.
equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution
A relaxation of 5% marks (55% to 50%) or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to Differently-Abled candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time.
Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks (75% to 70%) or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to Differently-Abled candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time.
(b) Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme. A relaxation of 5% marks (55% to 50%) or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to Differently-Abled candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Aliah University Ph.D Admission 2023-24
The University will admit applicants in Ph.D. programme by using the following methods:
- Aliah University may admit full-time Ph.D. students having their own valid research fellowship/scholarship (at the time of the closing date of application) qualified through National level tests (accredited by Government agencies) based on an interview.
ii. Aliah University may admit students through an Entrance Test (Aliah University Research Eligibility Test (AURET)). The Entrance Test syllabus shall consist of 50% of research methodology, and 50% shall be subject-specific.
iii. Students who have secured 50% marks in the entrance test are eligible to be called for the interview.
iv. A relaxation of 5 % marks will be allowed in the entrance examination for the candidates belonging to differently-abled category, as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
v. Aliah University may decide the number of eligible students to be called for an interview based on the number of Ph.D. seats available.
vi. Provided that for the selection of candidates based on the entrance test conducted by the University, a weightage of 70 % for the entrance test and 30 % for the performance in the interview/viva- voce shall be given.
(b). All eligible applicants must appear for an INTERVIEW before a panel comprising Departmental Research Committee (DRC) members and other experts. The applicants are required to discuss their research interest/area as per the field of specialization/research areas available in the concerned department.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Aliah University Ph.D Admission 2023-24
Log in to the Aliah University website https://www.aliah.ac.in and click on the link Admission to Ph.D. Programme: 2023-24.
LAST DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION: 1 7 t h January, 2024 TILL 5.00 PM.
- Please read the Eligibility Criteria carefully before starting the application process.
- Fill-in all the details correctly online and complete the entire application in a single session. If one leaves it in between, one will have to start the process once again.
- Candidates need to pay the application fee through online payment gateway.
- Candidates need to upload the scanned images of your colour photograph (passport size) and signature in the online application form. Image size should be less than 150 kB.
- Submit the application form. Print the submitted application form and the payment receipt.[Candidates should use separate e-mail id for applying in multiple programmes]
APPLICATION FEES & PAYMENT: Aliah University Ph.D Admission 2023-24
Application Fees for Ph.D. programme is Rupees Five Hundred Only (Rs. 500/-).
Candidates should pay the application fee through ONLINE PAYMENT mode only by using Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM: Aliah University Ph.D Admission 2023-24
- The hard copy of the Application Form generated/downloaded at the time of ONLINE application must be submitted to the Receiving Section, Ground Floor, Aliah University, Action Area-IIA/27, New Town, Kolkata – 700 160 latest by 2 4 t h January, 2024 till 5.00 pm.
- Hard copy of all documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope superscribing the Name of the Department applied for and Name of the Programme (Ph.D.). Submission of hard copy of the application form along with all supporting documents is mandatory. No application will be considered for further processing if the hard copy is not submitted.
- Self-attested copies of all testimonials in support of Age & Qualifications (All Mark Sheets and Certificates).
- Self-attested certificate of NET/SET/SLET/GATE /DBT-JRF/DST INSPIRE/ICMR Fellowship and experience certificate (if any).
- If the candidate is employed and willing to apply for Part-time Ph.D. programme, the candidate shall have to apply through proper channel. They have to submit NOC from the employer at the time of Admission.
- If the candidate has M.Phil. degree (Full-time Regular 2-year Course) from any university recognized by UGC, the candidate must submit a certificate from the competent authority of the University stating that a full paper on Research- Methodology of at least one semester duration was taught in the M.Phil. programme.
- Print out of Online Payment Receipt copy.
List of Shortlisted Candidates & Schedule of Written Test/Interview:
Will be notified on the University Website. Please follow the website regularly.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Aliah University Ph.D Admission 2023-24
- The duration of the Ph.D. Programme (for both Full-time & Part-time) is minimum three years (including course work) and a maximum period of six years (up to thesis submission) from the date of admission.
- All inquiry related correspondences should be made via Email ([email protected]). No postal communication will be entertained.
- Fellowship: The University does not provide any fellowship. However, the full- time scholars may apply for various Fellowships like UGC/CSIR/DST INSPIRE/ICMR/DBT/MANF/RGNF/SVMCMS (non-NET fellowship) etc.
- Part-time Ph.D.: Those who are in permanent employment may apply for Part-time Ph.D. through proper channel.
- The University also reserves the right to drop or include any name if any suppression of facts on the part of the applicants or any mistake in the calculation of grade point is detected at any stage before and after admission.
- Ph.D. Regulations of Aliah University based on the latest PhD Regulations of UGC-2022 will be followed in case of Ph.D, admission.
- In case of any clarification on eligibility for a 4-years bachelor’s degree, NEP-2020 and/or UGC PhD regulations-2022 and further ammendments from time to time shall be followed.
- For the selection of candidates having their own valid research fellowship or scholarship, a weightage of 100% for their performance in the interview or viva voce may be given.Incomplete applications are liable to be summarily rejected. Rights of cancellation or admission lie with the Board of Research Studies (BRS) of the University concerned.
- The decision of the University BRS is final in all matters of admission.
Applicants are advised to follow the university website: https://www.aliah.ac.in for all information/ notification related to admission to the Ph.D. Programme 2023-24.
Online application for Ph.D. admission 2023-24 is extended to 22.01.2024 up to 11.59 p.m. and hard-copy submission date is extended to 29.01.2024
Chairman, Ph.D admission committee 2023-24