Admission Ph.D. programme in department of Museology, University of Calcutta. Admission to Ph.D. programme in the department of Museology, University of Calcutta.
Admission Ph.D. programme in department of Museology
Applications are invited for admission to the Department of Museology, University of Calcutta, for PhD Course and subsequent research work leading to PhD degree in Museology. Candidates desiring to pursue research work in Museology may apply in the prescribed pro-forma by paying ₹ 100/- through SBI Collect (Calcutta University > Payment for MISC Fees > Application for Admission to PhD) by 30 November 2023.
Scanned copy of the application, along with the selfattested relevant documents and the payment receipt, is to be submitted through e-mail to [email protected].
Written part of the Entrance Test of 100 marks will be held in this Department (1 Reformatory Street, Kolkata 700 027) on 5 December 2023 at 1.30 pm. Master’s degree holders in Museology with 55% marks/ ‘B’ grade in UGC 10-point scale/ equivalent grade in aggregate are eligible to apply.
5% relaxation in marks would be allowed to candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC (noncreamy layer)/ Differently-abled categories and the candidates obtained their Master degree prior to 19.09.1991.
Candidates having degrees from other Universities and foreign students need equivalence/ clearance certificate from the competent authorities as laid down in the PhD Regulations 2016 (Clauses 5.1A and 5.1B).
Entrance Test Details: Admission Ph.D. programme in department of Museology
Details of the Entrance Test are given below:
1) The Written Examination of two-hour duration shall comprise 5 Questions of 5 marks each, based on a relevant paragraph to assess research aptitude; 25 Multiple Choice Type Questions of 2 marks each, from the core subjects; and 25 marks for a Research Proposal. There will be no negative markings.
2) Questions would be based mainly on the first three papers of the current MA/ MSc Museology syllabus, viz., Organisation & Management, Exhibition & Education, and Care & Conservation, though relevant other areas like, Basic Computer Applications, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Analytical Abilities, etc., may also be covered.
3) Qualifying marks for Entrance Test will be 50%.
4) Successful candidates in the written examination will be called for an interview of 50 marks. List of qualified candidates will be put up on the Departmental Notice Board as well as on the CU Website on 15 December 2023.
5) Candidates who have already passed NET/ SET/ SLET/ GATE/ MPhil/ MTech/ ME/MD examinations/ obtained DST-INSPIRE Fellowship or under Teacher Fellowship can directly appear in the interview skipping the written examination.
6) Interview of the eligible candidates would take place in the office of the HoD on 5 January 2024 at 1.00 pm. Candidates must produce a well-structured Research Proposal during the interview (not more than 500 words or two A4size papers).
7) List of qualified candidates, duly approved by the competent authority, would be displayed in the Departmental Notice Board as well as on the University website.
At present 09 (nine) candidates will be enrolled, if qualified, as Probationary PhD Students under the empanelled supervisors.
Relevant National/ State Reservation policy shall be strictly followed.