West Bengal University & College PG Admission: Online admissions for the Academic Session 2023-2024 to all PG Courses.
The results of the different Undergraduate level programmes under different Universities in the State of West Bengal are expected to be published by the end of August 2023,
For Post Graduate Programmes in the State, the State Government in the Higher Education Department has advised to start the procedure for admission by the concerned Universities/ Higher Educational Institutions (HEIS) in Post Graduate Programmes for the academic session 2023-2024 with effect from 1″ September, 2023 and to prescribe the following guidelines for the Universities.
Schedule: : West Bengal University & College PG Admission
For Post Graduate Programmes (1 semester PG admission)
|a)||Publication of Results of the Final Semester UG programmes by-||31st August 2023|
|b)||Date of opening of Online Portal for Application for PG programmes by||01st September 2023|
|c)||Submission of Applications in the Online Portal for PG programmes by||15th September 2023|
|d)||Publication of Merit Lists in PG Logrammes by||20th September 2023|
|e)||Start of 1″ Semester classes of PG programmes by||3rd October 2023|
However, beyond the above schedule the willing Universities/ HEls may reopen their Admission Portal for PG programmes, if required, subject to availability of vacancies at the University/ Institution level, as the case may be. But it is advised that the entire process of admission at PG level be completed positively by the first week of November 2023.
Modalities: : West Bengal University & College PG Admission
1) On-line admission process should be done strictly based on merit. Prospective students should not be called for counselling or verification of documents during the process of admission. No physical presence will be required at the HEIS.
2) No Charges shall be taken from the students for (i) scanning/ uploading of documents for online admission and (ii) providing/ making available the application form/ prospectus of admission in all PG level programmes like last year.
3) Eligible applicants should be informed directly by the HEI authorities through letter or e-mail or telecommunication.
4) Payment of fees should be done only through e-payment or designated banks and not physically at the colleges.
5) List of eligible applicants should be handed over to the designated bank branches for verification during payment through banks. Banks will receive admission fees based on merit list.
6) All testimonials are required to be uploaded online during application. Verification of documents, if required, should be done only when the students report for the classes in due course. Admission will be cancelled if the documents are found not in conformity with the declaration in the forms submitted on-line.
7) The ratio for Home University students and other University students shall be 80:20 in case of State aided Affiliated Universities. The ratio for Home University students and other University students shall be 90:10 in case of State aided Unitary Universities. However, the unfilled Home University Seats, if any, will be filled up by the outside University students and vice-versa.
8) All Stakeholders shall adhere to the COVID-19 norms/ protocol, issued by the Government from time to time.
This notice does not apply to admission to teacher training courses such as B.Ed., B.P.Ed., M.Ed., or M.P.Ed. etc., for which a separate Notification has been issued.
Official Website: https://banglaruchchashiksha.wb.gov.in/
See Official Notice