Table of Contents
Online applications are hereby invited from Indian Citizens and others declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the under mentioned post which is permanent.
N.B.: ABILITY TO READ, WRITE AND SPEAK IN BENGALI IS AN ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT BUT SUCH KNOWLEDGE IS NOT MANDATORY FOR CANDIDATES WHOSE MOTHER TONGUE IS NEPALI, UNLESS SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED. SUCH ABILITY WILL BE TESTED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW.CANDIDATURE OF CANDIDATES WITH AVERAGE AND/POOR PERFORMANCE IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF BENGALI TEST SHALL LIABLE TO BE CANCELLED.
|NAME OF THE POST||SCIENTIFIC ASSSISTANT IN NARCOTICS DIVISION OF FORENSIC SCIENCE LABORATORY, W.B.|
|SERVICE/ CADRE||WEST BENGAL GENERAL SERVICE|
|DEPARTMENT||HOME AND HILL AFFAIRS, GOVT. OF WEST BENGAL|
|PAY:||LEVEL – 9 (Rs.28,900/- – Rs.74,500/-) AS PER WBS(ROPA) RULES,2019|
|VACANCIES||01 (ONE) (RESERVED FOR ST)|
|N.B.: RESERVATION OF VACANCY IS SHOWN AS REPORTED BY THE GOVERNMENT.|
|QUALIFICATIONS||A. Essential: A Degree in Science having Chemistry as one of the subjects from a recognised University or equivalent and2 (two) years’ experience in laboratory work. B. Desirable: Experience of work in a recognized Forensic Science Laboratory.|
|AGE||Not more than 39 years as on 01.01.2023, relaxable for candidates otherwise well – qualified and experienced.|
FEE : WBPSC Recruitment 2023 Scientific Assistant Posts
Rs. 160/-(Rupees one hundred sixty) only
Candidates may in addition have to bear the following charges:
|For online payment through debit/credit cards:||Convenience fee @ 1% of the examination fee subject to a minimum of Rs. 4.90/- only plus 18% G.S.T. on such convenience fee.|
|For online payment using net banking facility:||Convenience fee of Rs. 4.90/- only plus 18% G.S.T. on such convenience fee.|
|For offline payment through Bank Counter:||Service Charge of Rs. 17/- only.|
S.T. candidates of West Bengal and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee. NO EXEMPTION OF FEE IS AVAILABLE TO
S.T. CANDIDATS OF OTHER STATES. No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be held in reserve for any other examination.
Important Dates: WBPSC Recruitment 2023 Scientific Assistant Posts
Online applications are to be submitted at https://wbpsc.gov.in according to the following schedule:
|Commencement of online applications||:||The 21st November, 2023|
|Closing date for receipt of online application||:||The 12th December, 2023 (up to 3 p.m.)|
|Last date of payment of fees||:||The 12th December, 2023 (up to 3 p.m.)|
|Last date for payment of fees Offline||:||The 13th December, 2023|
|Last date for Generation of Payment Challans||:||The 12th December, 2023|
N.B.: There shall be no ‘Edit Window’ after closure of online submission of application. The applicants are advised to verify the details provided in the online application form very carefully.
They are advised to identify incorrect entry, if any and edit the same. It may be noted that once ‘Final Submission’ button is clicked, the system will not allow editing of any field further. No request for any correction/change would be entertained after submission of application form.
Prior to clicking of ‘Final Submission’ button the applicants are therefore requested to be sure that all information furnished are correct and edit any field if required.
Guideline popped-up during filling up of online application form should be followed continuously.
Information: WBPSC Recruitment 2023 Scientific Assistant Posts
- SUBMISSION OF MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION FOR THE POST BY THE SAME CANDIDATE IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN AND SUCH APPLICATIONS ARE LIABLE TO CANCELLATION.
- The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
- All the degrees/diplomas/certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from Universities/Institutions, duly recognized by competent authority.
- The prescribed qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called for the interview. If the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not conveniently possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants, the Commission may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications/ higher marks/grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Screening Test.
Note I: Commission has fixed qualifying marks in Interview in the following manner:
|Category of Vacancy||Qualifying Marks|
The Commission will however, have the liberty of further relaxing the qualifying marks, if the reserved vacancy remains unfilled.
Note II: Marks obtained in Screening Test will not be considered for preparation of Merit List for recommendation. Marks obtained in the Screening Test will only be considered for selection of candidates for interview for the purpose of restricting the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit.
Note III: After display of Model Answers (MCQ Type) in the PSC website, objections by the candidates need to be filed strictly within the specific time limit, beyond which no objections shall be entertained.
Note IV: In the Screening Test, Tie-Breaking amongst same marks are not applied. Instead, all eligible candidates securing cut-off marks i.e., same marks with the last candidate in respective category will be called to interview. This may invite a large number of candidates to be called for interview for a particular category compared to other categories.
However, if same marks are obtained in the interview by two or more candidates, preference would be given to seniors by virtue of date of birth in course of recommendation. If dates of birth are found same, higher percentage of marks in the examination meant for minimum academic qualification required for the post would be given priority in seniority.
Provisions regarding PwBD candidates: WBPSC Recruitment 2023 Scientific Assistant Posts
In case of Screening Test, Candidates having Benchmark Disabilities with limitation in writing including that of speed may be allowed the help of Scribe, if required. For convenience, PwBD candidates are requested to bring their own Scribe (wherever applicable). The Scribe should possess educational qualification one step below the qualification of the candidate taking examination. The Person with Benchmark Disabilities opting for own Scribe should submit details of the own Scribe as per Proforma supplied by the Commission at the time of examination. In case of category of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, the provisions of Scribe can be allowed on production of a certificate to
the effect that the person concerned has physical limitation to write, and Scribe is essential to write examination on his behalf, from the Chief Medical Officer/Medical Superintendent of a Government
health care institution as per Proforma at APPENDIX-I (Available at the end of this advertisement). The facility of Scribe would be allowed to any Person with Benchmark Disability as defined under section 2(r) of the RPwD Act, 2016 and has limitation in writing including that of speed. In case Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in the category of Blindness, Locomotor Disability (both arms affected— BA) and cerebral palsy, the facility of Scribe shall be given, if so desired by the person. Engagement of Scribe shall not be accepted after Final Submission of the application.
Candidates with Benchmark Disabilities having limitation in writing including that of speed and producing valid Appendix–I, will be allowed compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour.
- In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence, if required.
- Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience/research experience gained in full time employment/research in the relevant field within the closing date of receipt of applications.
[Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of the Organization(s)/Department(s) or Competent Authority for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be obtained. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
- A candidate would be considered as well qualified if his/her educational qualification is at least one level higher than the essential requirement.
A candidate may be treated as “Well Experienced” if he/she has at least two (2) completed years of experience in excess of the experience in the area of expertise advertised.
The extent of age relaxation will not exceed five (5) years in any case.
- Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
- The benefit of upper age concession up to 5 years is admissible only to S.T. candidates of West Bengal. Such benefit is also available up to the age of 45 years for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities belonging to ST category.
- A candidate claiming to be S.T. or persons with disabilities (40% and above) must have a certificate in support of his/her claim from a competent authority of West Bengal as specified below:
a) For S.T. candidates:
- In the district, the Sub-Divisional Officer of the Sub-Division concerned, and
- In Kolkata, the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas or such Additional District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, as may be authorized by the District Magistrate, South 24-Parganas, on behalf and the District Welfare Officer, Kolkata and Ex-officio Joint Director, Backward Classes Welfare.
[vide the W.B.S.Cs. & S.T.s. (Identification) Act, 1994 and S.C. & S.T. Welfare Deptt. Order No. 261-TW/EC/MR-103/94 dated 6.4.95
b) For Persons with Benchmark Disabilities:
Medical Board constituted at Government Medical College Hospitals in Kolkata, District Hospitals and Sub-Divisional Hospitals as per extant provisions laid down in RPwD Acts and Rules.
- The Public Service Commission may require such further proof of particulars from the candidates as it may consider necessary and may make enquiries about their character and other particulars regarding suitability and eligibility. In case a candidate is unable to produce the relevant valid certificate in support of the declaration/claim made by the candidate at time of document verification, his/her candidature will be summarily rejected.
- S.T. OR PERSON WITH DISABILITY CERTIFICATE MUST BE OBTAINED WITHIN THE CLOSING DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS AND NO CLAIM IN THIS REGARD WILL BE ENTERTAINED AFTERWARDS. IN CASE A CANDIDATE IS UNABLE TO PRODUCE THE RELEVANT CERTIFICATE IN SUPPORT OF THE DECLARATION/CLAIM MADE BY THE CANDIDATE AT THE TIME OF DOCUMENT VERIFICATION, HIS/HER CANDIDATURE WILL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED.
- Candidates must fulfill the essential qualifications by the closing date.
- All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as and when required by the Commission.
- If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
- CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL DISQUALIFY THE CANDIDATURE.
- In case of screening test, the candidates must abide by the instruction as may be given by Supervisors/Invigilators of the Examination. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he/she will render himself/herself liable to expulsion from the Examination Hall and/or such other punishment as the Commission may deem fit to impose.
- A candidate who has been reported against by the Supervisor of the Examination Centre for violating any of the instructions will be punished with cancellation of candidature of the examination related to this advertisement and also debarment from future examinations and selections as may be decided by the Commission according to the circumstances of the case.
- ALL INFORMATION REGARDING RECRUITMENT TO THE POST WILL BE AVAILABLE, FROM TIME TO TIME, IN THE COMMISSION’S WEBSITE AT https://wbpsc.gov.in
- Date of Examination/Interview will be notified latter in the Commission’s website at https://wbpsc.gov.in
N.B.: Mobile Phones, Bluetooth, Smart Watch or any other communication device are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail disciplinary action including ban from the examination related to this advertisement as well as from future examinations