University of Kerala Ph.D Admission 2023 Notification. Notification for Ph D Entrance Exam 2023.
Table of Contents
Online Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Ph.D Entrance Examination 2023 (General Aptitude Test) for determining eligibility for admission to Full-time/Part-time research leading to Ph D Degree.
The following is the schedule for the conduct of entrance examination
|1.||Date of Publication of notification||20/08/2023|
|2.||Commencement of Submission of Application||21/08/2023|
|3.||Last date of submission of Application||19/09/2023|
|4.||Date of Issue of Hall ticket||06/10/2023|
|5.||Date of Entrance examination||21/10/2023|
Conditions of Eligibility: University of Kerala Ph.D Admission 2023
1. Candidates applying for Ph.D. Entrance Examination shall have a Masters degree or a Professional degree recognized as equivalent to the Masters degree of the University of Kerala in grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with not less than 55% marks or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
2. Eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) based on the total marks of the qualifying degree.
3. However, a relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be granted to those belonging to SC/ST/SEBC/differently abled and other categories of candidates, as per the decisions of the University/State Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
4. Candidates who have appeared for the final semester/year of the Master’s Degree Examination and whose results are still awaited should upload the certificate in prescribed format duly signed by Principal/ Head of the department.
Exemption from Entrance Test
All Candidates seeking admission for Ph.D. Programme in a particular subject under this University shall pass the entrance test conducted by the University in the concerned subject except the following categories:
1. Candidates with UGC-NET/JRF, UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF, SLET recognized by UGC, GATE, ICAR-NET/JRF, KSCSTE, DST Women Scientist Scheme., awardees of ICMR-JRF, VSSC-JRF/ UGC-NFSC/ UGC-NFOBC/ NFPWD and research fellowships of Central and State Government Departments/agencies as approved by the University from time to time.
2. M.Phil. /Ph.D. Degree and teacher fellowship holders. However, candidates who have qualified M.Phil. in subjects other than the subjects in which he/she seeks registration for Ph.D. would be required to qualify the Entrance Test.
3. Candidates awarded with DBT-JRF in the subject Biotechnology.
4. Candidates with DST-INSPIRE fellowship.( If rejected in the second level screening of INSPIRE ,the candidate shall be eligible for University Fellowship from the date of qualifying any other eligibility criteria prescribed by the University.)
5. Candidates who have passed the M.Phil programme with a minimum of grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent.
6. Scientists working in approved Research Laboratories either owned or managed by the Central/State Government or an Autonomous research Institution of National Status with seven years experience in the Scientist Grade, having two research papers published in the recognized research journals of the concerned subject approved by the UGC.
7. Teachers working in Government/Aided colleges who have seven or more years of teaching.
Scheme of the Test: University of Kerala Ph.D Admission 2023
1. The general aptitude test will be of three hours duration and will carry a maximum of 100 marks.
2. Entrance test will be conducted at the centre(s) on 21st October (saturday) and changes of centers/dates , if any shall also be notified through portal.
3. The test comprises of two papers – Part A – Research Methodology (50%) and Part B – Subject chosen (50%).
4. Pass requirement is minimum 50% marks for each part for all categories except SC/ST category whose pass requirement is 40% for each part. 5.Post graduate level knowledge of the chosen subject and aptitude for research are expected of the candidate.
Subjects offered for entrance test with faculty
The following table lists out the faculty and the respective subjects that are offered by the university for conducting research.
|1.||Applied Sciences & Technology||1. Biotechnology |
2. Computational Biology & Bioinformatics
3. Computer Science
4. Environmental Sciences
5. Futures studies
7. Computational Linguistics
8. Nanoscience & Nanotechnology
10. Technology Management
|2.||Arts||1. Communication & Journalism |
4. Library and Information Science
|5.||Engineering & Technology||1.Chemical Engineering |
2. Computer Science and Engineering
3. Computational Biology & Bioinformatics.
4. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
5. Electronics & Communication Engineering
6. Mechanical Engineering
9.Industrial Engineering and Management
|6.||Fine Arts||1. Music |
2. Theatre Arts & Film Aesthetics for Education
|8.||Management Studies||1. Management Studies 2. Tourism Management|
|9.||Physical Education||1. Physical Education|
|10.||Science||1. Aquatic Biology And Fisheries |
5. Demography & Population Studies
8. Home Science
|11.||Social Science||1. Archaeology |
4. Islamic History
5. Political Science
6. Public Administration
7. Social Work
|12.||Oriental Studies||1. Arabic |
Note : The list of PG Degrees considered as eligible qualification for appearing Ph D Entrance examination is detailed in the appendix:
How to apply: University of Kerala Ph.D Admission 2023
1. Candidates are requested to visit official website of Research Portal of University of Kerala: www.research.keralauniversity.ac.in
2. Click on the Login/Register.
3. If not registered, choose register option and enter your name, mobile number and email number carefully. You may then click to register. An email with login credentials will be sent to the entered email id.
4. If already registered, then login to the portal and complete the one-time profile as per guidelines mentioned in the portal.
5. All relevant documents proving qualification and eligibility should be uploaded before submitting the profile.
6. Please ensure that the details entered are correct before submission. Please note that details cannot be edited once submitted.
7. Online registration can be done from 21/08/2023 to 19 /09/2023 through the portal.
8. The Registration fee will be as follows:
a. For General / SEBC candidates: Rs.1075/
(Rs.1050/- Exam fee + Rs.25/- Cost of application).
b. For SC/ST candidates: Rs. 550/
(Rs. 525/- Exam fee + Rs.25/- Cost of application).
9. Candidates can apply only for the subjects mentioned in (4). While applying for the Entrance Test, the candidate can choose the subject from the list displayed in the portal as per University rules and regulations.
10. Candidate can pay the registration fee only through the online payment facility by clicking on “Proceed to pay” button; no other mode of payment will be accepted. Please note that Fees once paid will not be refunded
General Instructions: University of Kerala Ph.D Admission
1. A comprehensive mark list showing the exact percentage of marks secured or an equivalent certificate should be uploaded. In case of grades awarded, a certificate showing the equivalent percentage of marks from the competent authority should be uploaded.
2. Candidates who have qualified from universities other than University of Kerala should obtain Eligibility Certificate from University of Kerala and upload the same, failing which the results will be withheld.
3. Copy of relevant community certificate obtained within one year prior to the date of notification should beuploaded in the case of SC/ST/SEBC candidates.
4. In the case of differently abled candidates a disability certificate issued by the competent Medical Board should be uploaded.
5. Candidates who have appeared for the final semester/year of the Master’s Degree Examination and whose results are still awaited should upload the certificate in prescribed format duly signed by Principal/ Head of the department.
6. Pass Memo will be issued only on clearance of defects noted, if any, even if the entrance test results are published provisionally.
7. Qualifying in the Ph.D. entrance examination alone does not imply that the candidates have become eligible for Ph.D. registration in the University. Separate application should be made for registration as per the notification to be issued by the University in this regard and the candidates should be otherwise eligible for registration with respect to the eligibility conditions specified in the Regulation for award of Ph.D. degrees, University of Kerala in force
8. Offline applications will not be accepted.
9. The University reserves the right to reject any application for proper reasons adduced therewith without prior notice
10. The registration for PhD shall only be granted, subject to availability of seats with the supervising teachers and as per the norms and regulations framed by the UGC/University.