Single online applications are invited for admission to 1st Semester of 5- year B.A.LL.B. Course for the academic session 2021-2022 at our official website www.caluniv.ac.in for the under mentioned institutions. Application Form will not be available at the University Sales Counter and cannot be downloaded.
2. Surendranath Law College. Sealdah (snlawcollege.ac.in) No. of seats 180.
3. Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College. ( www.jcclawcollege.in ) No. of seats 120.
4. South Calcutta Law College.( www.southcalcuttalawcollege.com) No. of seats 120.
5. Bikash Bharati Law College (Self-financed). Aamtala, Jayrampur, N.D.Road, South-24
Parganas, ( www.bblc.co.in ) No. of seats 120.
6. Rabindra Siksha Sammilani Law College (Self-financed), Petua, Subhasgram, South-24 Parganas. ( www.r3scollege.org )No. of seats 120.
7. Jyotirmoy School of Law (Self-financed), Sonarpur, South-24 Parganas. ( www.jsl.org.in ) No. of seats 120.
8. Shyambazar Law College (Self-financed) ( www.shyambazarlawcollege.com) No. of seats 120
9. George School of Law (Self-financed), Konnagar, Hoogly (www.georgecollege.org) No. of seats 120.
10. Sureswar Dutta Law College (Self-financed), Mourigram, Howrah, (www.sdlawcollege.com) No. of seats 120.
11. Heritage Law College (Self-financed), Anandapur, Chowbaga Road, Kolkata (www.hlc.edu.in) No. of seats 120.
12. Kolkata Police Law Institute (Self-financed) Alipore Body Guard Lines Kolkata – 27 (http://kplawinstitute.edu.in/) No. of seats 60( 80% of seats reserved for the eligible wards of Kolkata Police/Ex Kolkata Police/WB Police/Ex WB Police).
13. L. J. D. Law College (Self-financed), Falta Nainan Road, PO – Sahararhat, Vill Punnya, PS-Falta 24 Parganas (South) (http://ljdlawcollege.org/) No. of seats 240.
Online Form Submission : 24/8/2021 to 07/9/2021.
Overall Merit List & Category wise seat capacity : 09/9/2021
E-Counselling : Schedule will be published with Merit List ( probable dates are 13, 20 and 27 September)
Online Admission Slip Download : After each Phase of E-Counselling
Admission Dates : will be published with Merit List
Particulars in respect of application and other information are given below:
1) Passed 10+2 or its equivalent from the Board recognized by the University of Calcutta
and there is no age bar.
2) 10+2 Level Marks obtained from the Board recognized by the University of Calcutta :
GENERAL(UNRESERVED): At least 45% marks in best four subjects. (Excluding compulsory Environmental Studies of WBCHSE).
SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PERSON WITH DISABILITY (Disability 40% or more) : At least 40% marks in best four subjects. (Excluding compulsory Environmental Studies of WBCHSE).
3) Candidate passed 10+2 from the Board other than WBCHSE, ISC,CBSE, Rabindra Mukto Vidyalay and NIOS must be obtained “EQUIVALANCE CERTIFICATE” from the office of the Registrar, ( Equivalence Section) University of Calcutta, 87/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073 by a written application in plain paper with relevant photo copy of 10+2 Mark Sheet. Certificate will be required at the time of Admission. It will be safe to obtain the certificate before online application submission.
4) Foreign Student : Foreign National with last qualification eligibility degree from Foreign Board have to apply in writing to the undersigned mentioning all previous degrees, mark sheets, certificates and syllabus of the last qualifying examination eligibility degree. After preliminary verification they may be called for interview. If qualified in interview the equivalence certificate has to be collected. After getting equivalency clearance a provisional list will be prepared for approval of Vice-Chancellor, C.U. Lastly selected candidates will get admission with all required documents. Foreign National with last qualifying eligibility degree from Indian universities/boards candidates may also apply as like other Indian national candidates.
5) Reservation: As per West Bengal Govt. Rule.
Application Fees: Not Applicable
Entrance Test: No entrance test will be conducted. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the Marks Obtained in best 4 subjects of 10+2 level examination.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING UP THE ON LINE APPLICATION FORM
- Online enrollment details for admission are available on the Calcutta University websites:
www.caluniv.ac.in and www.caluniv-ucsta.net .
- Candidates seeking admission to various courses of Calcutta University require applying online first.
- EVERY APPLICANT SHOULD HAVE HIS/HER OWN E-MAIL ID WITH CONFIDENTIAL PASSWORD.
- On the HOME Page (the webpage which opens after you click on the admission link) please click on “New Admission” button.
- For New Applicant click on the blue button indicating “New Applicant? Create a New Account”
- Password of the candidate will have to be given by the candidate and it should follow the following rules a. Password should be minimum 6 character and maximum 13 characters i.e. it should be between 6 and 13 characters; b. There should be at least one UPPER CASE; c. There should be at least one LOWER CASE; d. There should be at least one NUMBER; e. There should be at least one SPECIAL CHARACTER (!;@;#;$:%); f. Example of Password – “[email protected]”.
- After filling up the form and clicking on the “Apply” button the candidate will receive all the credentials for login in his/her own email ID. Credential information are: a. User Name (Your Application Number); b. Password; c. OTP.
- The candidate will also be taken to Login Page where the Candidate will have to enter a. Application No. (User Name Sent in Email); b. Password.
- After entering correct credential (i.e. Application No & Password) the candidate will be directed to enter OTP (obtained from Email). OTP will be required for first time login only.
- After entering OTP the candidate will be taken to the main Application Form.
- Please remember your APPLICATION NUMBER & PASSWORD as those will be required for further login to the Application Portal. If forgotten then can be obtained from the email received by the candidate.
- No individual communication will be made. Candidates are advised to follow the notifications in the University admission portal regularly.
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE UPLOADED:
i) Candidate’s Passport size photo – Size Max. 50 Kb ii) Candidate’s Signature (In English) – Size Max. 30 Kb iii) Self attested copy of 10+2 Mark Sheet – Size Max 200 Kb iv) self attested copy of PWD Certificate – size maximum 200 kb iv) self attested copy of SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B certificate from govt. of West Bengal only – size maximum 200 kb v) self attested copy of police person Identity Card – size maximum 200 kb.
- Please note that provisions are made to save the form in draft mode by clicking on “Save As Draft”.
- Before submitting, candidate can preview the filled up application by Clicking on “Preview” button.
- User / Candidate can change or edit information in the Application as long as the Application is not submitted. Once the application is submitted candidate cannot change or edit or modify the information. Therefore candidates are advised to check the form carefully before final submission.
- Candidate shall take the print out of the admission form and keep it for future reference.
- The applicant will be solely responsible for providing information in the application form. In case of any discrepancy found during verification of documents, even after admission, the application/candidature may be subject to rejection.
- Over looking is not the right to claim.
Applicants are advised to choose the College Preference by their own . Preference Number ‘1’ corresponds to the Highest Preference.
College Preference Change: College Preference can be reshuffled through login id only on 1st and 2nd Phase Admission Dates. 1) Those candidate allotted college first time in any particular phase may change their college preference after clicking on “click here to go to wait state” without getting admitted. 2) Those candidate not allotted any college also may change their college preference.
Selected candidates are required to follow University rules and regulations regarding attendance and all other matters.
After getting admission transfer from Self-Financing Law College can only be to another Self-Financing Law College subject to approval of the competent authority.