Sikkim Public Service Commission Recruitment 2023 for College Librarian.
Sikkim Public Service Commission
OLD TOURISM COMPLEX, M.G. MARG, GANGTOK, SIKKIM – 737101 Fax: 03592-207572.
Advertisement No.: 23/SPSC/EXAM/2023 Dated: 09/08/2023
Applications are invited from eligible local candidates for filling up 03 (three) posts of College Librarians’ on temporary-regular basis in Level-10 of the Pay Matrix (UGC) under Education Department, Government of Sikkim, through Direct Recruitment. All applications are to be made online in the Commission’s website.
However, during the period of Probation/Apprenticeship/Training, pay shall be governed by Notification No. 489/GEN/DOP dated: 31.10.2011.
DISTRIBUTION OF VACANCIES: Sikkim Public Service Commission
|Sl. No.||Reservation Category||No. of posts|
|1.||Unreserved (UR)||01 (one)|
|2.||Bhutia – Lepcha (BL)||01 (one)|
|3.||Other Backward Classes – Central List (OBC-CL)||01 (one)|
|TOTAL :||03 (three)|
IMPORTANT DATES: Sikkim Public Service Commission
|Last date for Submission of Applications:||05/09/2023|
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS: Sikkim Public Service Commission
(A) Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Master Degree in Library Science, Information Science OR Documentation Science OR an equivalent Professional Degree with minimum of 55% marks OR an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed from a recognized University. 5% relaxation will be provided to SC/ST/Differently- abled (physically and visually differently-abled) candidates.
- Must have a consistently good academic record, with knowledge of computerisation of a library.
- Must have cleared National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC, CSIR or must have cleared a similar test accredited by UGC like State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) or must have been awarded a Ph.D Degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum Standards & Procedure for award of M.Phil/Ph.D Degree) Regulations 2009 or 2016 and their amendments.
(B) Age Limit:
Should have attained the age of 21 years, but should not have exceeded 40 years as on 31/07/2023, in terms of Notification No: M(3)/(55)/GEN/DOP/Pt.III dated: 03/07/2019.
(C) Required Documents:
|(a)||Candidate must be in possession of either Sikkim Subject Certificate or Certificate of Identification issued by the competent authority under relevant orders of the State Government.|
|(b)||No Objection Certificate from the Head of Department in case of employed candidate.|
|(c)||Marital Status certificate (for female candidate). In case of married women candidate, COI/SSC of Husband should be enclosed.|
|(d)||Should have Valid Local Employment Card issued by the appropriate authority of the Government of Sikkim.|
1. SCHEME OF EXAMINATION: Candidates are advised to refer to APPENDIX – I for Detailed Scheme and pattern for the Written Examinations. The syllabus can be downloaded from the Sikkim Public Service Commission website.
2. Candidate should go through the advertisement and read the instructions provided on the website carefully before applying online. Applications received through any other mode shall not be accepted and shall be summarily rejected.
3. The candidates are advised to apply online from our website http://spsc.sikkim.gov.in/ on or before the stipulated date and time. Application submitted thereafter will not be accepted and SPSC shall not be responsible for the same.
4. Application fee amounting to Rs 500/- only may be paid online through Net Banking or credit and debit card, (Visa/MasterCard). The amount once deposited shall not be refunded or adjusted against any other purpose.
5. e-Admit Cards can be downloaded and printed by the eligible candidates after a Notice for the same shall be published by the Commission in the official website of the Commission.
6. Candidates are directed to bring a Photo Identity proof like (Aadhaar Card, Voters Card, Driving License) along with valid e-Admit cards in the examination centre for proof of identity.
7. Those candidates who qualify in the written examination will be called for the scrutiny of documents. Short listed candidates are required to submit attested Photocopies of all relevant documents on the dates specified by the Commission.
8. No TA/DA is admissible for attending the examination.
9. Admission to all the stages of examination for which candidates are admitted by the Commission viz. Written Examination shall be purely provisional and subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification at any stage of the examination process, it is found that candidates do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the post shall be cancelled by the Commission without notice.
10. The Commission shall entertain application on review or RTI/Correspondence only after the entire process of recruitment is complete.
11. Any further instructions/Corrigendum/Addendum shall be uploaded only on Sikkim Public Service Commission website.
How to Apply: Sikkim Public Service Commission Recruitment 2023
The candidates are advised to apply online from the website http://spsc.sikkim.gov.in/ on or before the stipulated date and time.