Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira Ph.D Admission Notification. Applications are invited from eligible candidates (male only) willing to pursue PH.D. Course in Philosophy & Sanskrit.
Details of the Admission Procedure
|Total Seat (including all categories)||Philosophy: 03 Approximately.|
(General- 02, SC-O1)
Sanskrit: 04 Approximately.
(General- 02, SC-0 1,ST-01)
|Date and Time of Issue and Submission of Application|
|09 June, 2023 -23 June,2023|
(Except Saturday, Sunday and other
Time: from 11am to 3 pm.
. Application Form is available on the college website : www.vidyamandira.ac.in
. Application Fees: Rs. 1000.00 for General Category, Rs.900.00 for SC & ST Category, as the cost of form (in cash only).
o An applicant may also collect the form from the Swami Vivekananda Research Center office of Vidyamandira at Belur Math.
. Filled-in Application forms must be submitted at Swami Vivekananda Research Center
|Date of Ph.D. Entrance Test ( Only for Philosophy)||27/06/2023|
Paper-I: 2:30pm – 3:lOpm.
Paper-ll: 3:20pm – 4:20pm
|Date of Ph.D. Entrance Test Result||30/06/2023|
|Date of Viva-voce (for Philosophy and Sanskrit)||03/07/2023|
|Date of Publication of Result after Viva-voce||06/07/2023|
|Date of Admission||07/07/2023|
|Admission Fees:||Rs. 8,000 only.|
|Course Work Fees:||Rs.8,000 only.|
|Industry sponsored||Rs. 7,000/- per month|
|Employed person & Fellowship /|
|5% of the gross salary or fellowship or|
scholarship (maximum Rs. 7000/-) per month.
Researvation: As per Government rules
Eligibility : 55% marks in concerned subject at Masteros Degree from a UGC recognized University / Institution. 15% relaxation for reserved categories]
Philosophy: Indian Philosophy and Islamic Philosophy.
Sanskrit: Kavya, Nyaya Philosophy, Vyakarana.
Procedure of Admission
- Candidates have to appear in a Research (written) Entrance Test and/or Viva-voce
- There will be two papers at Research (written) Entrance Test
Paper I: Research Methodology (Full Marks – 50)
Paper II: Subject Paper (Full Marks – 50)
Paper I will contain 25 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). There will be no extra questions and no negative marking. In Paper II, candidates are required to write a synopsis of his research proposal (within 1200 words). Candidates must secure at least 50% marks in aggregate in SVRC RET (combined calculation of Paper I & I! to qualify for the Viva-voce.
- Final Selection will be done only on the basis of the Viva-voce.
- Candidates, who qualify in the written examination. will be called for the Viva-voce (Marks 50).
5.1. Candidates who have qualified for UGC-NET (including JRF) / SET will be exempted from written test (i.e. Research Ph.D. Entrance Test) and will directly appear in the Viva-voce.
5.2. The candidate who has an M.Phil. (Regular two year course) degree and was admitted to the M’Phil. programme through a written test shall be entitled to get exemption from written admission test and shall be called directly for the Viva-voce.
5.3. A candidate who has a two-years M.Phil. (Regular two year course) degree from any university other than Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira must submit a certificate from the competent authority stating that the selection to the M.Phil. course has been made through a written test and that a full paper on Research Methodology & Computer Application of at least one semester duration was taught in the M.Phil. course.
- Candidates must bring their original documents of educational qualification & other testimonials at the time of Viva-voce.
- The interviedviva-voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
7.1. the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research.
7.2. the research work can be suitably undeftaken at the College.
7.3. the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- If the departmental Research Advibory Committee finds that the subject of research interest of a candidate is not matching with the available expertise of the department, then the candidate will not be selected.
- The decision of the departmental Research Advisory Committee will be final under all
- If the departmental Research Advisory Committee sees that suitable candidates are not lound atter the Research (written) Entrance Test and/or Viva Voce. seats may remain vacant even after the admission procedure is over.
ll. All service holders should mandatorily submit the I-.P.C. from rhe Employer and N.O.C.. if possible.