North-Eastern Hill University Recruitment 2023 Non-Teaching Jobs. Advertisement for the posts of Group B & C Non-Teaching Positions.
Table of Contents
North-Eastern Hill University Recruitment 2023
Online applications are invited from the eligible Indian Citizens in the prescribed format through www.nehu.ac.in for the various non-teaching positions in the University.
|Post Code||Posts||Pay Level||Total Posts||Post Categories|
|Administrative / Ministerial Services|
|Post Code||Posts||Pay Level||Total Posts||Post Categories|
|Administrative / Ministerial Services|
|C-01||Lower Division Clerk||2||77||29 + 1 (PwBD- BL)||32 + 2 (PwBD- DH & LD)||5||8|
|C-02||Multi-Tasking Staff||1||36||13||15 + 1 (PwBD- AI)||3||4|
|C-05||Semi Professional Assistant||5||2||2|
|C-06||Junior Library Assistant||4||1||1|
|C-07||Library Attendant||1||4||2||1(PwBD- BL)||1|
Abbreviation: (i) UR-Unreserved, (ii) SC-Scheduled Caste, (iii) ST- Scheduled Tribe, (iv) OBC-Other Backward Classes, (v) EWS-Economically Weaker Section, (vi) PwBD-Persons with Benchmark Disabilities.
- DH-Deaf and hard of hearing,(b) LD-Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy,(c) BL-Blindness and low vision, (d) AI-Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness.
Application Fee: North-Eastern Hill University Recruitment 2023
Candidates belonging to General/EWS/OBC categories: Rs. 500 Candidates belonging to SC/STcategories: Rs. 250
Candidates belonging to PwBD & Women categories are exempted from payment of fees.
Last date for submission of online application: 02.12.2023 upto 11:59 PM Last date for submission of Hardcopy of Application: 12.12.2023 upto 05:00 PM
Essential qualification of Non-Teaching Positions
|Post Code||Name of the Post & Reservation||Pay Level||Age Limit (as on last date)||Essential Qualification|
|Group B (14 Posts)|
|B-01||Section Officer (5-UR, 1-SC, 1- OBC)||Level – 7||35 years||A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from any recognised Institute/ University.Three Years’ Experience as Assistant in the Level 6 or eight years as UDC in Level 4 in any Central / State Govt./ University/ PSU and other Central or State Autonomous Institutions or holding equivalent positions in any reputed Private companies/ bank with annual turnover of at least Rs.200/- Crores or more.Proficiency in Computer Operation, noting and drafting.|
|B-02||Assistant (4-UR, 1-OBC)||Level – 7||35 years||Bachelor Degree from a recognized University / Institution.Three Years of experience as UDC or equivalent in the Level 4 in Central/ State Government/ University/ PSU and other Central / State Autonomous Bodies or equivalent pay package in the reputed private Companies/ corporate banks with a minimum annual turnover of at least Rs.200/- Crores or more.Proficiency in Typing, Computer applications, noting and drafting.|
|B-03||Professional Assistant(1-UR)||Level – 6||35 years||i) Master’s Degree in Library & Information Science from any recognised University /Institution|
- MBMA Recruitment 2023 Village Data Volunteer Posts
- Forensic Meghalaya Recruitment 2023
- DRDA South West Garo Hills Recruitment 2023
- North-Eastern Hill University Recruitment 2023 Non-Teaching Jobs
- SCSTE Meghalaya Recruitment 2023: Project Co-ordinator Post
|with 02 years’ experience in the relevant field in a University/Research establishment / Central / State Govt. / PSU and Library of other autonomous Institutions. OR Bachelor’s Degree in Library / Library and Information Science from any recognised Institute/ University with 03 years’ experience in the relevant field in a University / Research Establishment / Central / State Govt. / PSU and Library of other autonomous Institutions. ii) Knowledge of Computer Applications.|
|B-07||Private Secretary (1-UR)||Level – 7||35 years||A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University/Institute.At least 03 Years experience as Personal Assistant or 5 years as Stenographer in a University/ Research establishment/ Central/ State Govt. /PSU and other autonomous bodies.English/Hindi Stenography speed:120 wpm in English or 100 wpm in HindiEnglish/Hindi Typing speed: 35 w.p.m. in English or 30 w.p.m.in Hindi. v) Knowledge of computer applications. Skill Test Norms on Computer: Dictation: 10 minutes @ 120 w.p.m. in English/100 w.p.m. in Hindi Transcription: 50 minutes (English)/ 60 minutes (Hindi) Desirable: Proficiency in English & good communication skills.|
|Group C (140 Posts)|
|C-01||Lower Division Clerk(29-UR + 1 PwBD-BL, 32-ST + 2 PwBD-DH & LD), 5- OBC, 8-EWS)||Level – 2||32 years||A Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized Institute/University.English Typing @ 35 wpm OR Hindi Typing @ 30 wpm(35wpm and 30wpm correspond to 10500KDPH/|
|9000KDPH on an average of 5 Key depressions for each work) iii) Proficiency in Computer Operations.|
|C-02||Multi Tasking Staff (13-UR,15-ST + 1 PwBD-AI, 3-OBC, 4- EWS)||Level – 1||32 years||i) 10th Pass from a recognized Board. OR ITI Pass|
|C-03||Statistical Assistant (1-UR)||Level – 5||32 years||Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics OR Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics with Statistics as one of the subjects OR Bachelor’s degree in Economics with Statistics as one of the subjects OR Bachelor’s degree in Commerce with Statistics as one of the subjects|
|C-04||Stenographer (10-UR, 8-ST, 1- EWS)||Level – 4||32 years||A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from any recognised Institute/ University.Proficiency in Stenography in English or Hindi with minimum speed of 80wpm.Proficiency in Typing in English or Hindi with minimum speed of 35 / 30 wpm respectively.Knowledge of Computer Applications. Skill Test Norms on Computer: Dictation: 10 minutes @ 80 w.p.m. Transcription: 50 minutes English/65 minutes Hindi Desirable Qualifications: Proficiency in English and good communication skills.|
|C-05||Semi Professional Assistant (2-UR)||Level – 5||32 years||Master’s Degree in Library Science and Information Science from any recognised University/Institution OR Bachelor’s Degree in Library/ Library and Information Science from a recognised Institute/ University with two years relevant experience in a University/ Research Establishment / Central /|
|State Govt./ PSU Autonomous Institutions.|
|C-06||Junior Library Assistant (1-UR)||Level – 4||32 years||Bachelor’s degree in Library & Information Science or equivalent from a recognized University.Typing speed of 30 words per minute in English.Knowledge of Computer Applications.|
|C-07||Library Attendant (2-UR, 1-ST-PwBD- BL, 1-EWS)||Level – 1||32 years||10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized Board.Certificate course in Library Science from a recognized Institution.One year experience in a University/ College/ Educational Institution Library.Basic knowledge of computer applications.|
General Terms & Conditions: North-Eastern Hill University Recruitment 2023
- The qualifications, emoluments and conditions of service, including age of superannuation, shall be as prescribed by the University/ UGC/ Government of India, as amended from time to time.
- Candidates are advised to ensure/ satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the minimum essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement and ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility norms. Suppression of factual information, supply of fake documents, providing false or misleading information or any other undesirable action by the candidate shall lead to cancellation of his candidature.
- Canvassing in any form on behalf of any candidate shall be treated as a disqualification which shall lead to cancellation of candidature.
- The University may also conduct written test/trade test/computer test or any other test as per the requirement of the post as per Cadre Recruitment Rules (Non–Teaching).
- For Group ‘B’ & ‘C’ positions, the University shall conduct a written test. Further, Skill or Physical test shall also be conducted for the candidates short-listed from the written test.
- The person appointed against any post shall be governed by the Act/ Statutes/ Ordinances/ Rules of the University and also the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964, CCS (CCA) Rule, 1965 or any other rules of the Government of India, as amended from time to time and any other rule/resolution prescribed specifically for maintaining the conduct of the employees by the Executive Council of the University.
- In pursuance of the Letter No. 19-50/2015-Desk-U, dated 22.12.2015, of the M.H.R.D (Now MoE), there shall be no interview for appointment to the Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ posts. Accordingly, no interview shall be held for appointment to the Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ posts.
- Relaxation in age, experience, qualifying marks, etc., will be granted to the candidates belonging to the Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribes/OBC/PwBD or any other reserved category for reserved posts as per the UGC/Govt. of India guidelines. A certificate to this effect issued from the competent authority should be uploaded with the application form. Wherever a relaxation of qualification, including percentage of marks, is permitted under the UGC/Govt. of India guidelines, such relaxation shall also be considered in appropriate cases subject to recommendations of the Screening Committee.
The relaxation in age shall also be given in respect of the following categories as mentioned against each:
|Sl. No.||Category of Persons||Extent of age relaxation|
|1.||Regular Employees of the Central Govt/State Govt./Central Universities/UGC maintained deemed to be Universities/other Central/State autonomous bodies/organisations/Institutions.||As per Government of India rules.|
The upper age limit for appointment is relaxable for Group ‘C’ and erstwhile Group ‘D’ departmental candidates up to 40 years in case of General candidates and 45 years in case of candidates belonging the SC/ST who has rendered three years continuous regular service in university in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Govt. of India.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for the trade test/written test or verification of the original documentsas the case may be. Where the number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large and it is not feasible or convenient to call many candidates for the trade test/written test, the University at its discretion, may restrict the number of candidates to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications/experience higher than the minimum prescribed for the post.
- The date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect will be the last date of submission of applications.
- Experience will be considered only after the date of fulfilling the minimum educational qualification as required for the post. Experience will be counted as per the Essential qualification of Non-Teaching Positions mentioned above as shown against the posts.
- (i) The University reserves the right to fill or not to fill up the posts advertised for any reasons whatsoever.
(ii) The University may draw a reserved panel to fill up a post. In case a candidate on higher merit regrets to join within a period of six months or resigns/dies after joining, within a period of one year, the offer shall be made to the next candidate in the merit list, (if otherwise in order), to reduce the delay in filling up of the vacancies. Such a vacancy should not be treated as fresh vacancy.(Reference: DoPT OM No.41010/18/97-Estt(B) dated 13th June, 2000)
(iii) The University reserves the right to withdraw the advertisement, either partly or wholly, at any time without assigning any reason.
(iv) If any advertisement for any post is withdrawn by the University, the application fee collected from the candidates shall be refunded within a reasonable period of time.
(v) In case of any ambiguity pertaining to the eligibility criteria for any post, the decision of the Executive Council shall be final.
- The University may verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidate are found fake or the candidate has furnished any false information or has suppressed any information, then his/her service shall be terminated.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the University shall be final.
- Guidelines to the candidates, who are already employed:
a. The candidates in the service of Central or State Government, Autonomous, PSU organizations may apply through proper channel.
b. The candidate(s) should also submit a certificate from the employer or his authorized officer to the effect that no disciplinary proceeding is pending or contemplated against him. Apart from this, the Vigilance Clearance Report shall also be furnished along with the application form or at the time of verification of documents.
c. For drawing equivalence of pay level for applicants from institutions other than Government organizations, the gross monthly emoluments drawn by the applicant should not be less than the initial basic salary of concerned pay level.