Kolkata Police Recruitment post of Sub-Inspector / Sub-Inspectress & Sergeant. The Post of Sub-Inspector/Sub-Inspectress (UB), Sub-Inspector (AB) and Sergeant in Kolkata Police – 2023. Application form the post of Sub-Inspector/Sub-Inspectress (UB), Sub-Inspector (AB) and Sergeant in Kolkata Police – 2023.
Table of Contents
|Action||Start Date||End Date|
|Apply Online||01 Sep 2023 00:00:01||21 Sep 2023 23:59:59|
|Modification of Saved Online Application||01 Sep 2023 00:00:01||21 Sep 2023 23:59:59|
|Reprint of Submission Receipt||01 Sep 2023 00:00:01||21 Sep 2023 23:59:59|
PAY SCALE :- Level – 10 in the pay matrix (Rs. 32,100 – Rs. 82,900).
Number of Vacancies :-
|Sl. No.||Category||No. of vacancies||Total no. of Vacancy|
|Unarmed Branch||Armed Branch (Applicable for Male applicants only)||Sergeant in Kolkata Police (Applicable for Male applicants only)|
|Sub-Inspector of Kolkata Police||Sub- Inspectress of Kolkata Police||Sub-Inspector of Kolkata Police|
|4.||OBC – A||22||02||03||04||31|
|5.||OBC – B||15||01||03||03||22|
|6.||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||23||03||04||04||34|
Note : –
Total vacancies as stated above is purely provisional and subject to change.
- 10% of total vacancies are reserved for Economically Weaker Sections.
- Transgender persons are eligible to apply for the posts of Sub-Inspector of Police (Unarmed Branch). ‘’Transgender person’’ means a transgender person as defined in clause (k) of section 2 of the ‘Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019 (40 of 2019).
- Appointed candidates may be transferred from Kolkata Police (KP) to West Bengal Police (WBP) in the public interest if the Government so desires.
- The applicants shall be required to indicate their choice of posts in order of preference at the time of submission of application. Such choice of posts shall be deemed to be final and shall be taken into consideration for the purpose of recommendation for appointment after selection.
In terms of Memorandum No. 959-BCW/MR-52/2019 dated 18.05.2023 of Backward Classes Welfare Department, Govt. of West Bengal, the candidates from Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category, if shortlisted for Personality Test, has to produce EWS certificate issued from the competent authority valid for Financial Year 2022-23 (within 01.04.2022 to 31.03.2023) or onwards, during verification of testimonials at the time of Personality Test. A fresh EWS certificate needs to be submitted by the candidates, if it was issued before 01.04.2022., failing which the candidate shall not be treated under EWS category but will be considered under UR category at the time of final selection, if they get equal or higher marks than the marks obtained by the last selected candidates under the UR category in the Final Combined Competitive Examination as well as in aggregate.
EWS certificate issued from states other than West Bengal will not be considered and such candidates will be treated as Un-Reserved category.
The candidates, who are shortlisted for Personality Test, shall upload relevant certificates of Date of Birth (DOB), Educational Qualification (EQ), Caste Identification, EWS Category Certificate, A Certificate of Identity (for Transgender person only) and such certificates (Gorkha/ Garhwalis/ Rajbanshis) submitted for claiming relaxation in Physical Measurement before downloading the Call Letter for Personality Test.
- Must be a citizen of India.
- AGE :- The applicant must not be below 20 years and not more than 27 years as on 01.01.2023. Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 (five) years for SC and ST and by 03 (three) years for OBC candidates of West Bengal only and by 03 (three) years in case of Transgender person. Upper age limit is also relaxable upto 35 years for departmental candidates of Kolkata Police only having requisite qualification. The upper age limit shall further be relaxed for the departmental candidates by 05 (five) years in case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes candidates and by 03 (three) years in case of Other Backward Classes candidates.
Departmental candidates who have already appeared at the competitive examination for recruitment of Sub-Inspector/Sub-Inspectress (Unarmed Branch), Sub-Inspector (Armed Branch) and Sergeant in Kolkata Police conducted by PSC, WBPRB and / or formerly KPRB on three (03) earlier occasions shall not be eligible to apply.
Note:- (i) Date of Birth as recorded in Madhyamik or equivalent admit card/certificate will only be accepted as valid proof for verification of age.
- A candidate belonging to OBC-A or OBC-B category, if shortlisted for Personality Test, has to produce revalidated/renewed or fresh OBC-A / OBC-B certificate issued from the competent authority within 01 (one) year preceding 01.01.2023 during verification of testimonials at the time of Personality Test. Therefore, the certificates issued before 01.01.2022 needs to be revalidated/renewed from the competent authority. Candidates failing to produce revalidated/renewed OBC-A/OBC-B certificate shall not be treated as OBC – A or OBC – B as the case may be. However, they may be considered as UR if they get equal or higher marks than the marks obtained by the last selected candidates under the UR category in the Final Combined Competitive Examination as well as in aggregate provided they have not taken any age relaxation or relaxation in cut off score as OBC-A or OBC-B. Certificate of OBC without mentioning the specific category (OBC-A/OBC-B) will be treated as ‘Invalid Certificate’.
(iii) In case a candidate from OBC-A/ OBC-B category claims relaxation in upper age limit at the time of submission of application but fails to produce the revalidated/renewed OBC-A/OBC-B certificate at the time of his/her Personality Test, his/her candidature shall summarily be rejected.
(iv) A Transgender person if selected for the Personality Test will have to produce ‘A Certificate of Identity’ issued from the competent authority. In case a candidate from transgender community claims relaxation in upper age limit at the time of submission of application or relaxation in physical measurement at the time of PMT and or PET but fails to produce ‘A Certificate of Identity’ issued from the competent authority at the time of Personality Test, the candidature shall summarily be rejected.
- Applicants who are employed in any Government organization as well as the Departmental applicants in Kolkata Police shall submit ‘No Objection Certificate (NOC)’ from the Head of the Office/ Disciplinary authority during Personality Test if shortlisted for same.
- Educational Qualification :- The applicant must have passed the bachelor’s degree examination in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent.
- Language :- (i) The applicant must be able to read, write & speak in Bengali Language. However, this provision will not be applicable to the persons who are permanent residents of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts. (ii) For the applicant of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong District, the provisions laid down in the West Bengal Official language Act, 1961 (24 of 1961) will be applicable.
Note : –
- The applicants must possess the above noted Qualifications on or before the date of publication of the advertisement.
• If it is found during verification of testimonials at any stage that any candidate has acquired qualification as stated above at any date after the date of publication of this advertisement, his/her candidature will summarily be rejected.
- Request for change of category will not be entertained after the scheduled date of his/her Personality Test.
- The shortlisted candidates of Hill Sub-Divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong districts have to produce their domicile certificate at the time of document verification during Personality Test.
D. Female applicants are only eligible for the post of Sub-Inspectress (Unarmed Branch) in Kolkata Police.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL MEASUREMENT OF CANDIDATES :-
|Sl. No.||Name of the Post||Class||Height (in cm)||Chest (in cm)||Weight (in kg.)|
|1||Sub-Inspector of Police [Unarmed Branch (UB) in Kolkata Police]||Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Rajbansis, Garwalis and Scheduled Tribes)||167 cm||79 cm with a minimum expansion of 5 cm||56 kg.|
|Gorkhas, Rajbansis, Garwalis and Scheduled Tribes||160 cm||76 cm with a minimum expansion of 5 cm||52 kg.|
|2||Sub-Inspectress of Police [Unarmed Branch (UB) in Kolkata Police]||Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Rajbansis, Garwalis and Scheduled Tribes)||160 cm||–||49 kg.|
|Gorkhas, Rajbansis, Garwalis and Scheduled Tribes||155 cm||–||45 kg.|
|3||Sub-Inspector of Police [Armed Branch (AB) in Kolkata Police]||Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Rajbansis, Garwalis and Scheduled Tribes)||173 cm||86 cm with a minimum expansion of 5 cm||60 kg.|
|Gorkhas, Rajbansis, Garwalis and Scheduled Tribes||163 cm||81 cm with a minimum expansion of 5 cm||54 kg.|
|4||Sergeant in Kolkata Police||Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Rajbansis, Garwalis and Scheduled Tribes)||173 cm||86 cm with a minimum expansion of 5 cm||60 kg.|
|Gorkhas, Rajbansis, Garwalis and Scheduled Tribes||163 cm||81 cm with a minimum expansion of 5 cm||54 kg.|
|5||Sub-Inspector of Police [Unarmed Branch (UB) in Kolkata Police] for Transgender persons||Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Rajbansis, Garwalis and Scheduled Tribes)||162 cm||–||51 kg.|
|Gorkhas, Rajbansis, Garwalis and Scheduled Tribes||157 cm||–||47 kg.|
A. Must qualify the following Physical Efficiency Tests :-
|Sl. No.||Name of Post||Test|
|1.||Sub-Inspector (both Unarmed Branch & Armed Branch) and Sergeant in Kolkata Police||800 meters run within 3 (three) minutes.|
|2.||Sub-Inspectress (Unarmed Branch) in Kolkata Police||400 meters run within 2 (two) minutes.|
|3.||Transgender person for the post Sub-Inspector of Police (Unarmed Branch) in Kolkata Police||400 meters run within 1 (one) minute 40 seconds.|
Physically Handicapped candidates shall not be eligible to apply.
1. METHOD OF RECRUITMENT :-
The posts of Sub-Inspector/Sub-Inspectress (Unarmed Branch), Sub-Inspector (Armed Branch) and Sergeant in Kolkata Police shall be filled up on the basis of qualifying the Preliminary Examination which will act as screening examination followed by the Physical Measurement Test (PMT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Final Combined Competitive Examination and Personality Test to be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
Preliminary Examination :- (Full Marks – 200) :- Candidates provisionally considered as eligible will be called for a Preliminary Examination to be held in General Studies, Logical & analytical reasoning and Arithmetic with full marks of 200 (100 marks in General Studies having 50 questions, 50 marks in Logical & Analytical reasoning having 25 questions and 50 marks in Arithmetic having 25 questions), the duration of the examination being 90 minutes. The preliminary examination will be a screening test for selection of candidates for the Physical Measurement Test and Physical Efficiency Test. The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board shall be the competent agency to prescribe minimum cutoff marks for each category and posts taking into account the number of vacancies proposed to be filled up in each category and post.
The preliminary examination will be an OMR based MCQ type written examination. The question paper will be set in two languages (English and Bengali).
The marks obtained by the candidate in preliminary examination shall not be counted for the purpose of determining the final merit list.
Note : – There will be NEGATIVE marking for each incorrect answer in the preliminary examination. ¼th of the allotted marks for a particular question will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
B. Physical Measurement Test (PMT) & Physical Efficiency Test (PET) :-
The Physical Measurement Test (PMT) as specified under para 3(F) above relating to height, weight and chest of the candidates qualified in the preliminary examination shall be taken followed by the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) of the eligible candidates as specified under para 3(G). Qualified candidates in the PMT only will be eligible to appear in the PET. The PMT & PET shall be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board at the venues selected by the Board for the purpose. Only qualified candidates of both PMT & PET shall be eligible to appear in the Final Combined Competitive Examination.
- Final Combined Competitive Examination (Full Marks – 200) :- The Final Combined Competitive Examination will consist of 03 (three) papers of conventional type questions, namely
- Paper-I :- General Studies and Arithmetic for 100 marks (50 marks for General Studies and 25 marks for Logical & Analytical reasoning and 25 marks for Arithmetic) of 2 (two) hours duration.
- Paper-II :- English of 50 marks of 1 (one) hour duration.
- Paper-III :- Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali of 50 marks of 1 (one) hour duration.
The written examination for all the above three papers of the Final Combined Competitive Examination shall be held on the same day at selected centres to be decided by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. The question paper for Paper – I (General Studies and Arithmetic) of Final Combined Competitive Examination will be set in three languages (English, Bengali and Nepali). The candidate may answer in any of these languages but all the answers must be in one and the same language. The syllabus for final combined competitive examination shall be as mentioned herein after.
The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board shall have the discretion to fix qualifying marks in all or any of the three papers and also in the aggregate of three papers in the final combined competitive examination.
Personality Test :- (Full Marks – 30) :- A limited number of the candidates selected merit-wise on the results of Final Combined Competitive Examination will be called on to appear at the Personality Test. Candidates’ ability to speak, read & write in Bengali will be tested in the Personality Test. However, this is not applicable for candidates, who are permanent residents of hill sub-divisions as noted in 4 (D) (ii). The minimum pass mark for the personality test will be 08 (eight). The candidates who fail to secure minimum pass mark in the personality test will be disqualified irrespective of the marks obtained by them in the Final Combined Competitive Examination.
The final merit list of provisionally selected candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the total marks obtained in the three papers of Final Combined Competitive Examination and the marks obtained in the Personality test. The candidates who have failed to secure minimum pass mark in the personality test will not be considered for selection.
Note:- In case, 02 (two) or more candidates secure the same total (aggregate) marks, their seniority in the final merit/selection list will be decided upon the marks obtained by the candidates in the Final Combined Competitive Examination. The one who secures higher marks in the Final Combined Competitive Examination will rank higher in the Merit List. If the marks secured in the Final Combined Competitive Examination are also the same, seniority will be determined by the marks obtained by the candidates in Paper-I (General Studies & Arithmetic) of Final Combined Competitive Examination. The one who secures higher marks in Paper-I (General Studies & Arithmetic) of Final Combined Competitive Examination will take precedence in the Merit List. If the marks secured in Paper-I (General Studies & Arithmetic) of Final Combined Competitive Examination also turn out to be equal, then seniority will be determined by their age. The candidate older in age will rank above the others in the Merit List. In case of same Date of Birth the principle of determining seniority will be decided by the Board.
SYLLABUS FOR EXAMINATION :-
- Preliminary examination and Paper I of the Final Combined Competitive Examination : General Studies and Arithmetic :-
(a) General Studies :-
Questions will be set to test the General Knowledge of candidates in different spheres.
(b) Logical & Analytical Reasoning :-
Questions will be set to test the logical and analytical ability of the candidate.
(c) Arithmetic :-
Questions will be set on the basis of the syllabus of Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
- Paper II and Paper III of the Final Combined Competitive Examination :-
- Paper II – English :- Questions may be asked on all or any of the following items:
- Drafting of a report from the points or material supplied;
- Translation from Bengali/Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali, as the case may be to English,
- Condensing of a prose passage (summary/precis)
- Correct use of words, correction of sentences, use of common phrases, synonyms and antonyms etc.
(ii) Paper III – Bengali / Hindi /Urdu / Nepali :-
Questions may be asked on all or any of the following items :-
- Drafting of a report from the points or material supplied;
- Translation from English to Bengali and English to Nepali for the candidates who have opted for ‘Bengali’ or ‘Nepali’ respectively, and translation from Hindi/Urdu to Bengali for the candidates who have opted for Hindi or Urdu.
The translation shall be of 20 (twenty) marks.
2. CHOICE OF POSTS :-
The applicants shall be required to indicate their choice of posts in order of preference among the posts under the Combined Competitive Examination such as Sub-Inspector (Unarmed Branch)/Sub-Inspector (Armed Branch)/Sergeant in Kolkata Police and Sub-Inspectress (Unarmed Branch), at the time of submission of application. Such choice of posts shall be deemed to be final and shall be taken into consideration for the purpose of recommendation for appointment.
3. RESERVATION OF POSTS :-
The reservation of posts for Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe, Other Backward Classes and EWS category shall be as per order issued by the State Government from time to time.
4. VERIFICATION OF CHARACTER ANTECEDENTS :-
All provisionally selected candidates shall be required to fill up a ‘Verification Roll’ which shall be thoroughly enquired into by the authority concerned.
5. MEDICAL EXAMINATION :-
All provisionally selected candidates shall be required to appear for Medical Examination at the State Government designated hospitals. He/She should qualify the prescribed medical test. The candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein and squint eyes. The minimum vision should be 6/6 with or without glasses. They should possess high colour vision and should not be colour blind. The medical test shall also include the chest x-ray and other tests as prescribed by the department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal from time to time. The selected candidate should be in good mental and physical health and free from any physical deformity and disability likely to interfere with efficient performance with the duties as police officer. The certificate of medical fitness shall be issued by the authorized Medical Officer.
6. APPOINTMENT AND PROBATION :-
The Appointment, Probation and Confirmation shall be guided by the West Bengal Services (Appointment, Probation and Confirmation) Rules, 1979. The following shall also be applicable.
- The candidate provisionally selected for appointment to the posts of Sub-Inspector/Sub-Inspectress (Unarmed Branch), Sub-Inspector (Armed Branch) and Sergeant in Kolkata Police, after successful completion of verification and Medical Examination, shall be appointed on temporary basis. After successful completion of Basic Training they will be placed in probation for two years.
- The candidates who have taken Hindi/Urdu/Nepali as a subject in Paper III and selected for any of the posts under this combined competitive examination, shall be required to pass a departmental examination in Bengali as specified in the West Bengal Services (Training and Examination) Rules, 1953
during the period of probation for confirmation in the post read with provisions of the West Bengal
Services (Compulsory Requirement of Knowledge in Bengali for Recruitment to any post or Service) Rules, 2002.
7. TRAINING AND EXAMINATION :-
The candidates selected for appointment to the posts of Sub-Inspector/Sub-Inspectress (Unarmed Branch), Sub-Inspector (Armed Branch) and Sergeant in Kolkata Police shall be required to undergo a course of training in accordance with the Police Regulation Calcutta and Training manual or such rules and regulations as prescribed from time to time. They shall also be required to pass out of Swami Vivekananda State Police Academy, Subsidiary Training Centre or Police Training School as the case may be after having undergone a prescribed course of training.
8. APPOINTING AUTHORITY :-
Deputy Commissioner of Police 1st Battalion K.A.P shall be the appointing authority in respect of Sub- Inspector/Sub-Inspectress (Unarmed Branch), Sub-Inspector (Armed Branch) and Sergeant in Kolkata Police.
9. DISCHARGE :-
- A Sub-Inspector/Sub-Inspectress (Unarmed Branch), Sub-Inspector (Armed Branch) and Sergeant in Kolkata Police while undergoing a course of training at Swami Vivekananda State Police Academy, Subsidiary Training Centre or Police Training School as the case may be, or undergoing probation is liable to be discharged by the competent authority if he or she is considered by the said authority to be unsuitable for the post. The order of discharge shall be given effect to after its confirmation by the next higher authority.
- No appeal shall lie against the order of discharge.
10. PERIOD OF APPLICATION :-
Application window for submitting application through on-line mode only will remain operative for the period from 01.09.2023 (00:01 hrs.) to 21.09.2023 (till 23:59 hrs).
THE APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS WELL IN ADVANCE WITHOUT WAITING FOR THE LAST DATE AND TIME OF SUBMISSION TO AVOID DELAYED SUBMISSION DUE TO SERVER PROBLEM OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL GLITCHES.
11. APPLICATION FEES & PROCESSING FEES :-
The following Application and/or Processing fees have been fixed.
|Sl. No.||Category||Application Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1||All categories except Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only)||Rs. 250||Rs. 20||Rs. 270|
|2||Scheduled Caste (West Bengal only)||Nil||Rs. 20||Rs. 20|
|3||Scheduled Tribe (West Bengal only)||Nil||Rs. 20||Rs. 20|
- Applicants belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only) shall pay processing fees of Rs. 20/- (Rupees Twenty) only as they are exempted from paying any application fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC/ST certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification during personality test or their candidatures shall abinitio be considered void.
· If any shortlisted candidate fails to submit the documents as stated above, his/her candidature shall be rejected summarily.
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC/ST candidates of OTHER States.
· Neither any claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reassigned for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Applications not accompanied with the requisite application and/or processing fees shall be rejected summarily.
12. HOW TO APPLY :-
Applicants will be able to submit their application using the websites of West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (https://prb.wb.gov.in), West Bengal Police (https://wbpolice.gov.in) and Kolkata Police (kolkatapolice.gov.in).
Payment of Application and/or Processing Fees shall be made through different payment gateway by using Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking of any Bank. Fees can also be paid through different e-wallets and UPI App.
|Sl. No.||Type of Transaction||Service Charge (to be borne by the applicants)|
|Billdesk Gateway||HDFC Gateway|
|1.||Credit Cards Transaction processing Fee – (Visa/Master)||1.00% of Transaction Value subject to a minimum of Rs. 5/- plus GST as applicable.||Nil|
|2.||Wallets and Cash Cards Transaction processing Fee||1.00% of Transaction Value subject to a minimum of Rs. 5/- plus GST as applicable.|
|3.||Net banking Transaction processing Fee||Rs. 5/- Per Transaction plus GST as applicable.|
|4.||Debit Cards Transaction processing Fee – (Visa/Master)||Nil||Nil|
|5.||Debit Cards Transaction processing Fee – (RuPay)|
|6.||UPI Transaction processing Fee||Nil|
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD THEIR RECENT PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH (PREFERABLY COLOURED) AND SCANNED COPY OF FULL SIGNATURE IN .JPG FORMAT COVERING THE ENTIRE SPACE PROVIDED FOR THE SAME. THE SIZE OF PHOTOGRAPH FILE MUST BE WITHIN 10KB – 50 KB.
PHOTOGRAPH OF THE CANDIDATE SHOULD SATISFY THE FOLLOWING PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS :
- RECENT PHOTO (NOT MORE THAN 3 MONTHS OLD) FACING FORWARD AND LOOKING STRAIGHT INTO THE CAMERA.
- MUST BE ON WHITE BACKGROUND.
- WITHOUT ANYTHING COVERING THE FACE.
- IN CLEAR CONTRAST TO THE BACKGROUND.
- WITHOUT A HEAD COVERING.
- WITH EYES OPEN, VISIBLE AND FREE FROM REFLECTION OR GLARE FROM GLASSES.
- WITH YOUR EYES NOT COVERED BY SUNGLASSES, TINTED GLASSES, GLASS FRAMES OR LOCK OF HAIR.
- WITHOUT ANY ‘RED EYE’ AND WITHOUT ANY SHADOW IN THE PICTURE.
- WITH A NORMAL EXPRESSION.
SIGNATURE OF THE CANDIDATE MUST CONTAIN THE FULL NAME OF THE CANDIDATE AS ENTERED BY HIS/HER IN THE APPLICATION FORM AND THE SIGNATURE SHALL BE IN LONG HAND. THE SIZE OF SIGNATURE FILE MUST BE WITHIN 5 KB – 20 KB. THE IMAGE DIMENSION FOR PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE SHOULD BE 177 P X H X 138 P X W (4.5 CM HEIGHT X 3.5 CM WIDTH) AND 63 PX H X 350 PX W
(1.7 CM HEIGHT X 9.2 CM WIDTH) RESPECTIVELY.
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED NOT TO UPLOAD IMAGES OF OTHER OBJECTS IN PLACE OF PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE. PHOTOGRAPHS CROPPED FROM ‘GROUPIES’ OR ‘SELFIES’ SHALL ALSO BE DISALLOWED DURING THE SCRUTINY.
On successful submission of the application, the applicants will get an SMS to their registered mobile number. Each applicant is required to have an individual mobile number and e-mail Id. Sharing of mobile number between applicants is not permitted. This number needs to remain valid till the entire process of the recruitment. The Board does not owe any responsibility for failure in delivery of SMS or e-mail due to change in Mobile Number/e-mail Id. or other technical reason. The applicants are advised to take a print out of her application form, preserve it safely and mention the Application Sl. No. for all future communications if required with the West Bengal Police
Recruitment Board be it in verbal or written form.
- Submission through Sahaj Mitr Kendras :-
- The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board extends facility to submit application through Sahaj Mitr Kendras.
- Applicants may approach any of the Sahaj Mitr Kendras (Latest list provided on the website) with all particulars and a recent passport size photograph. The authorized staff of the Kendra will fill up the on-line application form on the basis of information provided by the applicant.
- They will also scan the photograph and signature of the applicant and upload it.
· APPLICANTS MUST CHECK ON-SCREEN THE INFORMATION ENTERED (INCLUDING THEIR PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE) BY THE STAFF BEFORE PROCEEDING FOR ON-LINE PAYMENT.
- The Application and/or Processing Fees have to be paid to Village Level Entrepreneurs of the Sahaj Mitr Kendras. The Kendra will take service charge (including GST) of Rs. 23/- (Rupees Twenty Three) extra for filling up the form and uploading the same along with scanned copies of candidate’s photograph and signature and making on-line payment of Application and/or Processing Fees received from the applicant. The applicant must ensure proper uploading of her photograph and signature. The Board will not be responsible for any discrepancy in the data uploaded. In case of any mismatch in respect of photograph and signature or any other detail at any stage of the recruitment process, the candidature SHALL be rejected.
- All categories of candidates except Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only) shall pay Rs. 293 /- only [Application Fees: Rs. 250/-; Processing Fees : Rs. 20/- plus Service Charge (including GST) : Rs. 23/-] to the authorized staff of the Sahaj Mitr Kendra.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only) shall pay Rs. 43/- only (Processing Fees : Rs. 20/- plus Service Charge (including GST) : Rs. 23/-) to the authorized staff of the Sahaj Mitr Kendra.
ü APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED NOT TO PAY IN EXCESS OF THE FEES & SERVICE CHARGE AS MENTIONED ABOVE TO THE FRANCHISEE OR THE AUTHORIZED STAFF OF SAHAJ MITRA KENDRAS.
- AFTER PAYMENT OF THE FEES AND SERVICE CHARGE, THE AUTHORIZED STAFF OF THE KENDRA WILL HAND OVER TO THE APPLICANT THE COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM WITH UNIQUE APPLICATION SERIAL NUMBER. AS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF SUCCESSFUL SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION. THE COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM WILL ALSO CONTAIN ALL THE DETAILS FURNISHED BY THE APPLICANT.
ü APPLICANTS MUST KEEP THE COPY OF THE APPLICATION WITH THEM AND NOTE DOWN THE UNIQUE APPLICATION SERIAL NUMBER FOR ALL FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE BOARD, IF ANY.
- Candidates may contact the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board through a land line phone number (033-23214200) to report any kind of non-cooperation from any of the Sahaj Mitr Kendras, with details during office hours (10:00 AM to 05:30 PM) from Monday to Friday.Help line (Toll free) of Sahaj Mitr Kendras -: Applicants may contact the Toll-Free help line number (18004190250) for locating the nearest Sahaj Mitr Kendras.
13. EDITING WINDOW :-
- An editing window for 07 (seven) days will be given to the applicants who wants to edit/rectify his/ her personal information already submitted in their Application Form. The period of this editing window will be from 24.09.2023 (00:01 hrs.) to 30.09.2023 (till 23:59 hrs). To edit the personal information, the applicant will have to provide (i) Her Application Sl. No. or Registered Mobile Number and (ii) Date of Birth (DOB) as entered in the Application. On providing these information, the applicant will get an OTP to their Registered Mobile Number. On successful verification of OTP the applicant will be allowed to edit his/her information (except permanent State). Applicants can change their category but change from non-paying category (SC & ST) to paying category (UR, EWS, OBC-A & OBC-B) [Application Fees] will not be allowed.
- After editing all the details, the applicant has to submit the edited application otherwise no change will be reflected in the main data. Applicants will also be able to download the modified application pdf only after submission of the edited application or else the previous application pdf will be available.
- Request for change/correction in the personal details shall not be entertained under any circumstances after the last date of editing window. The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of non-acceptance of any correction/addition/deletion in any particular field in application form whatever the reason may be.
14. OTHER INSTRUCTIONS :-
- Issuance of Admit Card for Preliminary Examination or any latter stage is subject to acceptance of candidature on fulfilling the eligibility criteria. Hence, getting SMS on final submission of Application Form doesn’t warrant issuance of any Admit Card to the applicant for Preliminary Examination or further stages.
- Defective/incomplete applications/applications with fuzzy photograph of candidates will be summarily rejected.
- Each candidate should submit ONE application form only. Candidature of those who submit more than one application form will be rejected summarily and the amount of application and/or processing fees will be forfeited.
iv) In case of any mismatch of data between application form filled up by the applicants and supporting testimonials at any stage of recruitment, the candidature will be summarily rejected.
- Application Forms shall be rejected in case the signature of the applicant is uploaded/rendered in block letters/unintelligible/does not match with name of the candidate.
- Admission to the examination will be purely provisional subject to verification of eligibility at a later stage. Therefore, candidature of any candidate shall be rejected straightway if found not eligible at any stage, even after appearance in the tests/examinations.
- Candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by the Venue-in-Charge/Invigilator of the examination venue. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he/she will render himself/herself liable for expulsion from the examination hall and/or such other punishment as the Recruitment Board may deem fit to impose.
viii) SC/ST/OBC-A /OBC-B & EWS candidates of OTHER States will be treated as General (Un-reserved) category candidates.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for their journey to attend Preliminary Examination, PMT & PET, Final Combined Competitive Examination and Personality Test. They will appear for selection tests at their own expenses. The Recruitment Board will not be held responsible for any harm or injury to any candidate emerging out of the conduct of the PMT & PET or other tests.
- All entries except religion field in the Application Form are compulsory. Application submitted keeping any of the columns blank would lead to summary rejection without any intimation to the applicant.
xi) The Board reserves the right to rectify the errors and omissions, if any, in the process of holding the examination and final declaration of result.
- A candidate who has been reported against by the Venue-in-Charge of the examination venue for violating any of the instructions or for having adopted unfair means at the arena/venue/examination hall or having used electronic gadgets like Earpiece, Smart Phone, etc. in the examination hall, will be punished with cancellation of his/her candidature and also be debarred from appearing at future examinations/selection processes as may be decided by the Recruitment Board.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate immediately.
xiv) Candidates are advised not to get lured by any unscrupulous touts. The recruitment process done by the Recruitment Board is absolutely transparent.
- Assessment and evaluation of OMR sheet done by the Board shall be final and shall not be open to scrutiny by any external authority.
- A candidate who writes his/her name, roll no. etc. other than the specified area in OMR Sheet or putting any identifying marks inside the OMR Sheet will be disqualified and his/her candidature will summarily be rejected.
- The decision of the Selection Board on all matters relating to eligibility, place, date, mode of selection, acceptance or rejection of candidature will be final and binding on the candidates.
xviii) Candidates dissatisfied with his/her Physical Measurement Test (PMT) during field test may appeal in writing before the Chairperson, of the Selection Board/Committee on the same day of his/her tests. No appeal in this regard will be entertained in future.
- The height of a candidate may be re-measured at any stage including the Personality Test at the discretion of the Board and the decision of the Board shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- Only shortlisted candidates for Personality Test will be asked to produce all relevant original certificates along with the self-attested photocopies for verification, failing which their candidature shall be rejected without any further communication.
- The Mobile No. and e-mail ID of the applicants are being taken for communication by the Board for future intimation with regard to the recruitment process and nothing else. The Board, under no circumstances, will request or advise the applicant for any further personal information and/or additional fees and/or payment of any kind of fee to any official connected and/or not connected with the Board. Candidates may report such occurrence, if any to the Member, West Bengal Police Recruitment Board, along with due evidence (documentary/electronic).
- In case of any difficulties in submitting the application form the prospective applicants are advised to communicate either through telephone (Contact No. 7044108689 & 7044109346) during office hours (10 AM to 05:30 PM) from Monday to Friday and 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM on Saturdays (except Govt. Holidays) or through e-mail ([email protected]).
Candidates may visit the website of West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (https://prb.wb.gov.in) or West Bengal Police (https://wbpolice.gov.in) or Kolkata Police (www.kolkatapolice.gov.in) for ascertaining developments of recruitment process from time to time.
FAQs: Kolkata Police Recruitment 2023
Q1. What should I do if there is lot of delay in accessing the page?
Speed for Registration of On-Line Application on Internet is based on various factors like Internet Speed, large number of applicants making efforts to register the application at the same time, your service provider’s downtime etc. Therefore, if you are not able to get the pages for application immediately, please retry after some time or check your internet connection speed.
Q2. How do I know that my application is registered?
Successful submission of the Application Form is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the “Submit” button and will be redirected to the completion page where you will get your Application data printout. The file can also be saved on your computer hard drive or any other storage media deemed fit by you. Your Application Number will also be available in that printout. You are advised to preserve the same for all future references pertaining to this recruitment drive.
Q3. I did not receive the email intimation for registration of my application. What do I do?
Application No. will be sent by auto-response emails. Delivery of these emails purely depends upon the correctness of E-Mail ID provided, policy of your E-Mail service provider to accept and divert such emails under Bulk or Spam Mails or bounce back such mails without accepting it due to a large number of emails in your E-mail box. In case of Govt./Official /Company email IDs, delivery is controlled by your organizations policies. Therefore, please do not expect replies from us, if you do not receive such confirmation/auto-response emails.
Q4. How do I re-confirm that my application is saved
In case of doubt about the successful submission, applicants are advised to login to the website and check the “My Account” page for the status of application within the period of application window. For Sahaj Retail Limited option, the VLE will have the list of pending applications and the applicant may get in touch with the VLE for completion of same. If valid mobile number is provided, then SMS will be sent to your mobile number as confirmation.
Q5. After filling up the complete form, I got a Blank Screen / Internet got disconnected / My PC closed / hanged / shutdown. Is my application saved / registered?
Select the post you have applied for and if you are logged in and if the application is not submitted fully then you will get a chance of submitting the application again with the data filled in up to where your application is saved.
Q6. I did not receive the acknowledgement / reply to my email communication. What do I do?
“Reply to” email ID for the Application is created for the convenience of the applicants for genuine communications. Please do not use this address to send back the emails for “Acknowledgment”. Our Email Server is configured to delete such emails automatically.
Q7. What details should I retain while writing to WBPRB by email?
While writing back emails for genuine problems to e-mail & address [email protected], please write your “Application Sl. No.”, “Name”, “Post applied for” in the email for future reference. In case of any problem faced at the time of filling up the application you may also call up helpdesk nos. 7044108689/7044109346 during office hours (10:00 AM to 05:30 PM) from Monday to Friday and 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM on Saturdays (except statutory holidays). You are required to give your contact details at the time of speaking with HelpDesk executives.
Q8. What details should Iprovide while writing for the problem?
Please visit the “Click here to raise your query” section on the home page for writing about your problem area. In case of application failure or any error message, we would like to have the screenshot of the error in JPG, GIF format or as MS Word file attached in the attachment segment. Additionally, you may provide the PC Details including the Operating System(like Windows XP, Vista, Linux etc.) & Internet Browser & version (like Internet Explorer 8.0 or above, Mozilla 3.0, Firefox 3.5 etc.) used. In case of any problem faced at the time of filling up the application, you may also call up helpdesk nos. 7044108689/7044109346
Q9. What is the purpose of e-mail & mobile number of the applicant while filling up the application?
These are required for sending auto-response e-mail and SMS after submission of the application and information and intimation from WBPRB related to recruitment from time to time for the post you are filling up the information. It is not for any other communication. Please note that the mobile and e-mail number should not be changed during the whole recruitment process, otherwise information will not reach you. WBPRB will not be responsible for non-receipt of communication in such a case too.
Q10. My Class X passing Boardisnot available in the list provided
Please notethatall recognizedschoolBoardsof Examinationare mentioned in the list. Hence pleasego through the listto find your passing Board.
Q11. I want to change the data entered. How to do it?
Please note that you must take utmost care in filling up the first page, especially Sl.No.2. This particular field cannot be changed after clicking on the “Next” button of the first page. You will also be prompted with a “Confirm” message box. In case you still want to edit the Sl. No.2, please click on “No” option to edit the same. All other information except your mobile no. & the selected option in Sl. No.2 of the application form can be edited before going to the “Payment Details” option. Please note after photo & signature upload, you will be provided with a preview screen of all information filled/keyed-in by you. Kindly go through each and every entry for its correctness/authenticity. In the event of any modification desired, you can traverse back and edit the same, except Sl. No.2 &12 of the application form. After final submission no information can be edited. In case of provision for any ” Edit Window” for the drive , you may do so during that time span.
Q12. I am an employee of West Bengal Police; should I not be treated under the departmental employee segment?
NoItis applicable forapplicantswho are serving inKolkata Police only.