IIEST Shibpur Recruitment 2023 Faculty Positions. Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur.
IIEST Shibpur 70 Vacancy Recruitment 2023: Check Details. IIEST Shibpur Faculty Recruitment 2023 for 70 Post, Apply Now.
Table of Contents
Iiest shibpur recruitment 2023 faculty positions pdf, Iiest shibpur recruitment 2023 faculty positions list, Iiest shibpur recruitment 2023 faculty positions last date, Iiest shibpur recruitment 2023 faculty positions last, iiest shibpur faculty recruitment 2023, iiest shibpur recruitment assistant professor, nit faculty recruitment 2023, jadavpur university faculty recruitment
IIEST Shibpur Recruitment 2023 Faculty Positions
ROLLING ADVERTISEMENT FOR FACULTY POSITIONS
Advertisement No. JU/RO/19/57 Dated: 11.06.2019
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, an Institute of National I mportance under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India requires faculty for its various academic units.
The Institute invites application for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor from Indian nationals, possessing excellent academic background, commitment to top quality teaching and proven credentials for carrying out outstanding research and development in various specializations for the following Departments:
|Sl.||Position||Pay Level (7th CPC)|
|1||Assistant Professor Grade II||10|
|2||Assistant Professor Grade II||11|
|3||Assistant Professor Grade I||12|
Engineering: IIEST Shibpur Recruitment 2023 Faculty Positions
(i) Architecture, Town and Regional Planning
Specialization: Architectural Conservation, Communication Design, Environmental Planning, Housing, Industrial Design, Infrastructure Planning , Landscape Architecture, and Urban Design.
The candidate must have a degree in Bachelor of Architecture, AND, a degree in Master of Architecture/ its equivalent, OR Master of Planning/ its equivalent, OR Master of Design/ its equivalent, OR in a relevant discipline for Assistant Professor (on contract) AND, Ph.D. for higher cadre.
(ii) Civil Engineering
Specialization: Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Water Resources / Hydraulics Engineering, Construction Technology / Management, Geomatics Engineering, Earthquake Engineering.
The candidate must have B.E./ B. Tech./ M.E./ M. Tech. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering or in a relevant discipline.
(iii) Computer Science and Technology
Specialization: Theoretical Computer Science/ Embedded Systems and Architecture/Data Analytics and Security/Computer Networks and Distributed Systems/IoT and Cloud Computing
The candidate must have B.E./ B. Tech./ M.E./ M. Tech./MS in Computer Science and Engineering/ Technology.
(iv) Electrical Engineering
Specialization: Control System & Instrumentation, Power and Energy Systems, Power Electronics and Machine Drives.
The candidate must have B.E./ B. Tech. in Electrical Engineering, and M.E./ M. Tech. in above specializations or in a relevant discipline.
(v) Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Specialization: VLSI design and testing, Communication and Signal Processing, Electronic instrumentation and control.
The candidate must have B.E./ B. Tech./ M.E./ M. Tech. or equivalent degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering or in a relevant discipline.
(vi) Mechanical Engineering
Specialization: Thermal Engineering, Machine Design and Manufacturing science.
The candidate must have B.E. / B. Tech./ M.E./ M. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering or Production Engineering.
(vii) Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
Specialization: 1. Extractive Metallurgy ( with expertise in Iron making/Steel making/Non-ferrous extraction/ foundry), 2. Mechanical Metallurgy (with expertise in Fatigue/Fracture/Creep), 3. Computational Materials (with expertise in Ab-intio/Phase – Field/ Molecular Dynamic/ finite Element Simulation), 4. Surface Engineering ( with expertise in Coating/Laser/Plasma/ Other surface modification techniques), 5. Advanced Materials (with expertise in Electronic/Magnetic/Energy Materials), 6. Ceramic/Polymeric Materials.
The candidate must have B.E./ B. Tech./ M.E./ M. Tech. or equivalent degree in Metallurgy and Materials Engineering or in a relevant discipline.
(viii) Mining Engineering
Specialization: Geomechanics, Opencast Mining, Mine Planning and Design, Mineral Processing, Mine Environment, Environmental Management, Geoinfromatics, or any other related field.
- WBPDCL Recruitment 2023: Assistant Manager & Others Post
- RRC Recruitment 2023 Apprentice Posts
- WB SET Admit Card 2023 Download
- WBPSC Results 2023: Assistant Professor Posts
- WBPSC Recruitment 2023 Scientific Assistant Posts
The candidate must have B.E./ B. Tech degree in Mining Engineering; AND/ OR M.E./ M. Tech degree in Mining Engineering or in a relevant discipline.
Science: IIEST Shibpur Recruitment 2023 Faculty Positions
Specialization: Organic Chemistry – Synthetic Organic Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry / Bio-Organic Chemistry; Physical Chemistry – Experimental Polymer Chemistry / Experimental Biophysical Chemistry / Experimental Photochemistry / Experimental Surface Chemistry.
The candidate must have M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry / Physical Chemistry or in a relevant discipline.
(ii) Earth Science
Specialization: Geophysics, Ore Geology / Economic Geology
The candidate must have B.Sc. (Hons) degree in Geology/ Applied Geology, M.Sc in Geology/ Applied Geology/ Geophysics or in a relevant discipline.
For Geophysics specialization B.Sc(Hons.) in Geophysics and M.Sc. in Geophysics may also apply.
Specialization: Financial Mathematics, Mathematical Analysis, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Quantum Mechanics, Relativity and Cosmology, Non-linear Dynamics, Data Modeling and Forecasting.
The candidate must have B.Sc. (Hons) degree in Mathematics, M.Sc in Mathematics or in a relevant discipline.
Specialization: Condensed Matter Physics, Electronics, High Energy Physics, Nuclear Physics, Photonics.
The candidate must have B.Sc. (Hons) degree in Physics, M.Sc in Physics or in a relevant discipline.
Humanities and Social Sciences: IIEST Shibpur Recruitment 2023 Faculty Positions
The candidates must have M.A. / M. Sc. in Economics, OR M.A./ M. Sc. in Applied Psychology with specialization in Clinical Psychology and Counselling.
Interdisciplinary: IIEST Shibpur Recruitment 2023 Faculty Positions
(i) Aerospace Engineering and Applied Mechanics
Assistant Professor and Associate Professor
Bachelor Degree: Aerospace Engineering/ Aeronautical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Civil Engineering Masters level specializations: Navigation, Guidance and Control/ Avionics /Propulsion/ Space dynamics/ Aerodynamics;
Doctoral level specializations: Navigation, Guidance and Control/ Avionics /Propulsion/ Space dynamics/ Aerodynamics (Direct Doctorate candidates with above mentioned specializations may also apply)
Bachelor Degree: Aerospace Engineering/ Aeronautical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Civil Engineering Masters level specializations: Fluid Mechanics/Hydraulics/ Applied Mechanics/ Aerodynamics/ Solid Mechanics/ Structural Engineering
Doctoral level specializations: Fluid Mechanics/Hydraulics/ Applied Mechanics/ Aerodynamics/ Solid Mechanics/ Structural Engineering
(ii) Information Technology
Specialization: Software Engineering, High performance computing, Hardware and Architecture, Embedded systems, Algorithms, Data Base Management Systems, Computer Networks, Distributed computing, formal Language and Automata, Information Security, Machine learning and AI, Cloud Computing, Information and Signal Processing, Wireless Communication, Computer Vision and Image Analysis.
The candidate must have B.E./B.Tech./ M.E./M.Tech. in IT/ CST/ ECE or in a relevant discipline.
- All new entrants shall have Ph.D. in the relevant/ equivalent discipline, and shall have First Class in the preceding degrees. Candidates obtaining Ph.D directly after B.E./ B. Tech. are eligible to apply.
- For faculty in the department of Architecture following will be essential qualification without insisting on credit point requirements at Assistant Professor level:
- M.Arch./ M.Plan./ M.Des. with 01 year professional experience : Assistant Professor Grade II at Level 10 (as per 7th CPC)
- M.Arch./ M.Plan./ M.Des. with 02 years of professional experience : Assistant Professor Grade II at Level 11 (as per 7th CPC)
- For higher cadres the E ssential Qualification and credit point requirement will remain same as given in the table for Engineering and Sciences.
- Reservation rules of the Government of India will be strictly followed.
- This being an advertisement governed by the flexible faculty recruitment rules, the number of positions for internal candidates are not restricted by the number of vacant positions. However, the total number of faculty positions will not exceed the sanctioned positions of the Institute.
- Relevant notifications issued from MHRD will be applicable. Relevant notifications published till the date of publication of the advertisement are to be found in the Recruitment Rules for Faculty recruitment and MHRD clarif ication on the recommendation of the Oversight committee.
- Number of vacancies in all or any of the categories (including reserved vacancies) may be increased / decreased without any notification. However, reservation rules of the Government of India will be strictly followed.
- Based on the recommendation of the Selection Committee, the Institute may offer to a candidate a post less than that applied for.
- The Institute reserves the right to modify / defer or cancel full / part of the advertisement/ recruitment at any stage of processing without assigning any reasons.
- Specialization: The concerned Departments will shortlist the name(s) as per their requirement.
- Internal faculty members with any specialization are eligible to apply.
- Pension : Freshly recruited candidates shall be governed by the New Pension Scheme of the Govt. of India
- Incentives at par with other CFTIs.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience for the Posts: IIEST Shibpur Recruitment 2023
|Designation and Pay Level (as per 7th CPC)||Essential Qualific ation||Essential Requirements||Cumulative Essential Credit Points|
|Assistant Professor Grade II at Level 10||PhD||NIL||NIL|
|Assistant Professor Grade II at Level 11||Ph.D||01 year post Ph.D. experience of Teaching and Research in Institution of repute / Industry||10|
|Assistant Professor Grade I at Level 12||PhD||03 years after Ph.D. or 06 years total teaching and research experience in reputed academic Institute / R&D Labs / relevant industry||20|
|Associate Professor at Level 13A2||PhD||(6) years after Ph.D. of which at least 3 years at the level of Assistant Professor with AGP Rs.8000/- Or (9) years total working experience, of which 3 years should be after Ph.D., with at least 3 years at the level of Assistant Professor with AGP RS. 8000/-||50|
|Professor at Level 14A||PhD||10 years after Ph.D. or 13 years total working experience, out of which 07 years should be after Ph.D. At least 03 years at the level of Associate professor with AGP of Rs.9500/- Or 04 years at the level of Associate Professor with AGP of Rs.9000/ – or combination of Rs.9000/- and Rs.9500/- or equivalent in an Institution of repute / R&D lab or relevant industry.||80|
General Information: IIEST Shibpur Recruitment 2023 Faculty Positions
- Degrees referred above should have been awarded by a recognized University / Institute.
- Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection / interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to call for interview only those candidates shortlisted on the basi s of their qualification, experience, research and publication records and departmental requirements etc.
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
- Persons employed in Government Organizations / Quasi Government Organizations should submit their application through proper channel.
□ Train fare (to & fro) will be paid as per Institute rules from residential address to IIEST, Shibpur by the shortest route for out station candidates only.
- On special request by a candidate selected for interview but staying abroad, an interview through Skype may be arranged.
- Canvassing in any manner may entail disqualification of the candidature.
- Any dispute with regard to the selection / recruitment process will be subject to Courts / Tribunals having jurisdiction over Kolkata.
- Candidates possessing requisite qualification and experience are required to apply in prescribed application form and Biodata Sheet (downloadable from the website www.iiests.ac.in ) and send to the Dean (Faculty Welfare) in the email address: [email protected].
Application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) may be sent to the Registrar, IIEST, Shibpur, Howrah-711103 through ‘Fund Transfer’ in favour of “IIEST, Shibpur” at Kolkata in the
following bank account:
United Bank of India, IFSC Code : UTBI 0BUSF63, A/c No. : 0171050031536
Candidates must mention the NEFT/RTGS Code along with the date of transfer in the specified place in the application form.
SC/ST candidates and internal faculty members are exempted from paying application fee.