IGNOU PhD Admission 2023 Notification. INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY MAIDAN GARHI, NEW DELHI-110068.
Table of Contents
IGNOU PhD Admission 2023 Notification
ADMISSION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR Ph.D. PROGRAMME JULY, 2023
The Indira Gandhi National Open University will be admitting students to the Ph.D. Programme, for July, 2023 session. Admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall be as per the admission criteria mentioned below.
ELIGIBILITY: IGNOU PhD Admission 2023
The eligibility criteria for admission to Ph.D. Programme are as follows:
- Candidates who have completed:
- Candidates who have completed: 1-year/2-semesster master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8- semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3- year/6-semesters bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed.
equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- See APPENDIX II of Information Brochure for further details.
ADMISSION CRITERIA & RESERVATION: IGNOU PhD Admission 2023
- Candidates awarded with fellowship/scholarship in UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET/GATE/CEED and similar National level tests, as per the validity specified by the regulatory bodies, shall be exempted from Entrance Test and their selection will be based on interview. These candidates shall be considered as Category-A. Such candidates shall aplply online and have to upload their valid fellowship award letter from the concerned implementing / awarding agency on the application portal.
- All other Candidates except Category A mentioned at 01 above are mandatorily required to appear in Ph.D Entrance Test. These candidates shall be considered as Category-B.
- Admission to this programme is merit based. The Entrance Test shall carry a weightage of 70% and 30% weightage shall be given to the interview/viva.
- The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD/EWS candidates as per the rules of the Central Government.
REGISTRATION: IGNOU PhD Admission 2023
Submission of online application form for Entrance Test for Ph.D. Programmes can be undertaken online at www.ignou.ac.in from 12th December, 2023.
EXAMINATION FEE: IGNOU PhD Admission 2023
Rs.1000/- should be remitted through payment gateway, using a Credit Card /Debit Card/Online/ Online Banking.
Please refer to the information already uploaded alongwith Information brochure for fee structure, courses offered, scheme of examination and other details.
IMPORTANT DATES: IGNOU PhD Admission 2023
|Availability of Information brochure
|12th December, 2023
|Online submission of application form
|12th December, 2023
|Last date of online registration
|31st December, 2023
|07th January, 2024
|Duration of exam
Note- Use of Mobile Phones/Electronic Devices is strictly prohibited in the premises of Examination Centre. Candidates shall be liable for penal action for Possession/Use of Mobile Phones/Electronic Devices. Kindly read the information brochure carefully.
FOR ANY QUERY, PLEASE CONTACT- Phone no(s)- 011-29537326 (Research Unit)
(Research E-mail:- [email protected])