Asian Games 2023 Schedule: Date, Venue, Cricket Teams Schedule. Asian Games 2023 Schedule Cricket Teams.
Table of Contents
The Asian Games 2023 is one of the most anticipated sporting events of the year, set to showcase the athletic prowess and cultural exchange among representatives from various Asian countries.
In this article, we will explore the schedule, date, and venues for the cricket category of the Asian Games 2023, along with information about the Indian cricket squads competing in the tournament.
The Asian Games, also known as Asiad, is a multi-sport event held every four years among athletes from various Asian countries. The Games were initially regulated by the Asian Games Federation (AGF) from their inception in New Delhi, India, until the 1978 Games. Since 1982, the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) has taken charge of organizing the event after the Asian Games Federation disbanded.
These Games are officially recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and are considered the second-largest multi-sport event globally, following the Olympic Games.
Over the years, nine nations have hosted the Asian Games, and a total of 46 nations have participated. However, Israel was excluded from the Games after its last participation in 1974. The most recent edition was held in Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia, from August 18 to September 2, 2018, while the upcoming Games are scheduled to take place in Hangzhou, China.
Since 2010, host cities have been responsible for managing both the Asian Games and the Asian Para Games, an event for athletes with disabilities. Although the Asian Para Games are held immediately after the Asian Games, they operate independently of each other due to their exclusion from the host city contract.
Before the Asian Games, the Far Eastern Championship Games were held from 1913, involving Japan, the Philippines, and China. However, the organization was discontinued in 1934 due to various reasons, including Japan’s insistence on including the Manchu Empire as a competitor nation.
After World War II, several Asian countries became independent, and they sought to showcase their sporting prowess without resorting to violence. The idea of restoring the Far Eastern Games was proposed at the London 1948 Summer Olympics, leading to the formation of the Asian Athletic Federation. On February 13, 1949, the Asian Athletic Federation was officially inaugurated in New Delhi, with the inaugural Asian Games scheduled to be held in 1950.
The Games faced crises in 1962 when Indonesia refused to allow Israel and Taiwan to participate due to political recognition issues. The IOC terminated its sponsorship of the Games and expelled Indonesia from the IOC. However, the Games continued to grow and expand despite various challenges.
The Asian Games Movement uses symbols to represent its ideals, with the motto “Ever Onward” designed by Guru Dutt Sondhi in 1949. The Asian Games symbol features a bright red sun with 16 rays and a white circle in the middle, symbolizing the warm spirit of the Asian people.
Participation in the Asian Games is open to all 45 members affiliated with the Olympic Council of Asia. Some countries with major geographical parts located in Asia, such as Turkey and Russia, participate in the European Games instead. Taiwan participates under the name “Chinese Taipei,” and Macau competes as one of the NOCs in the Asian Games despite not being recognized by the IOC.
Israel has been excluded from the Games since 1976, citing security reasons. Taiwan, Palestine, Hong Kong, and Macau participate according to OCA membership. While Australia’s proposal to participate in the Games was rejected in the past, discussions were held to allow a small contingent of Australian athletes in the 2022 Games, particularly for events that serve as qualifications for the Summer Olympics.
Among all the participating countries, only seven, namely India, Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Singapore, and Thailand, have taken part in all editions of the Games.
The Asian Games 2023 Schedule
The 19th edition of the Asian Games, officially known as the 19th Asian Games Hangzhou 2022, is scheduled to take place from September 23 to October 8, 2023.
The event will be hosted by China and will feature a diverse array of 40 sports, comprising a total of 61 disciplines. This grand spectacle will witness the participation of athletes from all over Asia, representing their countries in the spirit of sportsmanship and camaraderie.
The Cricket Tournament
Among the various sports, cricket holds a special place in the hearts of fans, and the Asian Games 2023 is no exception. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has announced the squads for both the men’s and women’s cricket teams, who will be competing in the Continental Games.
The men’s squad for the Asian Games 2023 will be led by Ruturaj Gaikwad. However, it’s important to note that the Indian men’s cricket team for the tournament will be a second-string one, comprising talented players looking to make their mark on the international stage.
The women’s squad for the Asian Games 2023, on the other hand, will be a full-strength team captained by the dynamic Harmanpreet Kaur. The women’s matches will commence on September 19th and conclude on September 27th.
Asian Games 2023 Cricket Schedule
The eagerly anticipated Asian Games 2023 cricket schedule has been unveiled, sparking excitement among cricket enthusiasts worldwide. The cricket tournament will take place at the Zhejiang University of Technology Cricket Field in Hangzhou.
Women’s Matches Schedule:
- September 19, 2023:
- CKT01 – 9:30 AM – 9th-14th Round 1 (Women)
- CKT02 – 2:30 PM – 8th-13th Round 1 (Women)
- September 20, 2023:
- CKT03 – 9:30 AM – 7th-10th Round 1 (Women)
- CKT04 – 2:30 PM – 6th-11th Round 1 (Women)
- September 21, 2023:
- CKT05 – 9:30 AM – 5th-12th Round 1 (Women)
- CKT06 – 2:30 PM – Winner of Match 1 VS Winner of Match 2 Round 1 (Women)
- September 22, 2023:
- CKT07 – 9:30 AM – 1st VS Winner of Match 6 Quarterfinal 1 (Women)
- CKT08 – 2:30 PM – 2nd VS Winner of Match 3 Quarterfinal 2 (Women)
- September 24, 2023:
- CKT09 – 9:30 AM – 3rd VS Winner of Match 4 Quarterfinal 3 (Women)
- CKT10 – 2:30 PM – 4th VS Winner of Match 5 Quarterfinal 4 (Women)
- September 25, 2023:
- CKT11 – 9:30 AM – Winner of QF1 & QF2 Semifinal 1 (Women)
- CKT12 – 2:30 PM – Winner of QF3 & QF4 Semifinal 2 (Women)
- September 26, 2023:
- CKT13 – 9:30 AM – Loser of SF1 & SF2 3/4 (Women)
- CKT14 – 2:30 PM – Winner of SF1 & SF2 Final (Women)
Men’s Matches Schedule:
- September 28, 2023:
- CKT15 – 9:30 AM – 9th-14th Round 1 (Men)
- CKT16 – 2:30 PM – 8th-15th Round 1 (Men)
- September 29, 2023:
- CKT17 – 9:30 AM – 10th-13th Round 1 (Men)
- CKT18 – 2:30 PM – 7th-16th Round 1 (Men)
- September 30, 2023:
- CKT19 – 9:30 AM – 11th-12th Round 1 (Men)
- CKT20 – 2:30 PM – 6th-17th Round 1 (Men)
- October 1, 2023:
- CKT21 – 9:30 AM – 5th-18th Round 1 (Men)
- CKT22 – 2:30 PM – Winner of Match 1 VS Winner of Match 2 Round 1 (Men)
- October 2, 2023:
- CKT23 – 9:30 AM – Winner of Match 3 VS Winner of Match 4 Round 1 (Men)
- CKT24 – 2:30 PM – Winner of Match 5 VS Winner of Match 6 Round 1 (Men)
- October 4, 2023:
- CKT25 – 9:30 AM – 2nd VS Winner of Match 8 Quarterfinal 1 (Men)
- CKT26 – 2:30 PM – 3rd VS Winner of Match 9 Quarterfinal 2 (Men)
- October 5, 2023:
- CKT27 – 9:30 AM – 4th VS Winner of Match 10 Quarterfinal 3 (Men)
- CKT28 – 2:30 PM – 1st VS Winner of Match 7 Quarterfinal 4 (Men)
- October 6, 2023:
- CKT29 – 9:30 AM – Winner of M11 & M12 Semifinal 1 (Men)
- CKT30 – 2:30 PM – Winner of M13 & M14 Semifinal 2 (Men)
- October 7, 2023:
- CKT31 – 9:30 AM – Loser of SF1 & SF2 3/4 (Men)
- CKT32 – 2:30 PM – Winner of SF1 & SF2 Final (Men)
Watch the Asian Games 2023 Live
For those unable to attend the Asian Games 2023 in person, the event will be live-streamed on Star Sports, allowing fans from all around the world to witness the thrilling matches and cheer for their favorite teams.
The Asian Games 2023 is a celebration of sportsmanship, skill, and unity among Asian nations. Cricket, being one of the most loved sports, adds excitement to the event. With the talented Indian men’s and women’s teams ready to compete, fans eagerly await the action-packed matches.
Let’s gear up for this extraordinary sporting spectacle that promises to unite millions and inspire generations of athletes to come.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. When will the cricket matches of Asian Games 2023 begin?
The cricket matches of Asian Games 2023 will begin on September 19 and conclude on October 7.
2. Where will the cricket matches of Asian Games 2023 be played?
The cricket matches of Asian Games 2023 will be played at the Zhejiang University of Technology Cricket Field in Hangzhou.
3. How many matches will be played in the women’s cricket category of Asian Games 2023?
For women, a total of 14 matches will be played, with 14 teams competing.
4. How many matches will be played in the men’s cricket category of Asian Games 2023?
For men, a total of 18 matches will be played, with 18 teams competing. The teams will be seeded based on the ICCT20i Ranking as of 1st June 2023.
5. Where can I watch the Asian Games 2023 live?
The Asian Games 2023 will be live-streamed on Star Sports.