Table of Contents
|Start date for applying online :||18/07/2023|
|Start date for online payment :||18/07/2023|
|Last date for applying online :||01/08/2023|
|Last date for online payment :||02/08/2023(till 5 pm)|
|Last Date for receiving Hardcopy of the application :||04/08/2023(till 5 pm)|
Interview and/or test schedule will be informed by the concerned department/ school/ institute through email.
Presidency University Admission Ph.D. Programme 2023-2024
Online Applications are invited from UGC or UGC – CSIR NET / NET – LS or DBT-BET (only for Institute of Health Sciences) or ICMR-NET (only for Institute of Health Sciences) qualified (in the relevant fields/ subjects) candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme of Presidency University in various departments/school/institute for the session 2023-2024 commencing from August/ September 2023.
Only completed online applications will be considered. Applicants are required to pay application fee after submission of online form within stipulated date. No application will be considered without payment of Application Fee.
Essential qualification: Presidency University PhD Admission
a) Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. program shall have a Master’s degree with at least 55% of marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade.
b) A relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/ Person with Disability (PwD) as per UGC guidelines.
c) UGC or UGC-CSIR NET/NET-LS qualified. ICMR-NET, DBT-BET qualified candidates are also eligible to apply for Institute of Health Sciences (IHS) only.
Application Procedure: Presidency University
Visit https://www.presiuniv.ac.in/web/admission.php for online form and payment link. Interested candidates are required to fill up the online application form.
Application number will be generated after completion of online application. Use the system generated application number to pay the non-refundable application fee of Rs500/- (and applicable bank charges) in SBI Collect Portal. After successful payment of Application fee, completed application form will be generated within 2-3 working days.
Send/ drop the Application form along with all mark-sheets/grade-cards, certificates, Id Card (Preferably Aadhar Card), synopsis/Research Proposal and copy of the Payment Receipt to the following address:
86/1, College Stre
No application will be considered without payment of non-refundable application fee.
Provisional Seat Matrix and Research Areas: Presidency University
Department-wise and category-wise availability of seats are given below. Reservation of seats for Person with Disability (PwD) will be as per order no 1084(20)-Edn(U)/EH/1U-89/13 dated 7th December, 2018, Department of Higher Education (University branch), Government of West Bengal. PwD seats are included in the total number of seats in respective Department/School/ Institute.
|Sl. NO.||Department/ School Name||Category-wise available seats|
|15||Institute of Health Sciences (Newtown Campus)||15||3||1||3||3||25|
Available Research Areas
Note: Number and/ or Category, mentioned within parenthesis against any research area, represents number of vacancy under the specified category (if any) for the specified research area.
- Linguistics (preferably Syntax) & Bengali Literature
- Sociolinguistics & Bengali Literature
- Modern Bengali Poetry
- Comparative Literature / Western literary Theory and Criticism/ Bengali Poetry after Rabindranath/ Translation Studies
- Bengali Novels and/or short stories
- Medieval Bengali Literature
Areas of specialization include but are not limited to the following:
- Dalit Studies
- Subaltern Literature
- Postcolonial literature
- Literature and Historiography
- Gender, Border Studies, Folk and Culture Studies
- Posthuman and the Anthropocene, Minor Literatures
- British Romanticism and India
- Nineteenth Century Bengal Studies
- Colonial and PostColonial Intellectual History and Colonial and Post Colonial Literary Cultures
3. Hindi: Open
4. History: Open
5. Philosophy: Ethics
6. Sociology: Open
Cosmic Microwave Background, Large Scale Structure, Galaxy Evolution, Numerical Simulations, Active Galaxies, Multiwavelength Astronomy, High Energy Astrophysics
a) Organic Chemistry (10)
b) Inorganic (10)
c) Physical (09)
Development Economics, Health Economics, Gender Economics, Resources and environmental Economics, Financial Economics and Financial Market, Labour Economics, Social Network Analysis.
a) Remote sensing in Urban planning** (General-1, OBC A-1)
b) Fluvial Geomorphology** (General-1)
c) Hydrology and/ or Remote Sensing ** (General-1, ST-1)
d) Model Based Atmospheric studies** (OBC A-1)
** Candidates are prohibited to apply for multiple fields of specialization. A candidate has to mandatorily submit a research project proposal on a topic related to the field of specialization he/she is applying for
11. Life Sciences:
a) Reproductive endocrinology and embryonic stem cell biology (1)
b) Plant Molecular Biotechnology (1)
c) i) Cancer cell biology ii) Bioremediation (2)
d) Neurobiology (2)
e) Epigenetic regulation under stress conditions in plants and human (2)
f) Cancer Proteogenomics (3)
g) “i) Molecular Plant-Pathogen Interactions w.r.t rice blast disease (Any Life Sciences background) – (2)
h) ii) Enhancing crop disease detection through advanced deep learning techniques (Bioinformatics or Computational Biology background) -1″ (3)
i) Molecular Microbiology, bacterial stress response (1)
j) Characterization, design and engineering of photoreceptors towards light regulated gene expression (1)
k) understanding the function and dysfunction of the immune system in cancer & Cancer Cell signaling (2)
l) From any branch of life Sc.interdisplinary Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biotatistics, preferably with NET-JRF, Student without fellowship will not be entertained. (3)
m) Cancer Molecular Biology (1)
n) Neurophysiology and microbiology (2)
Research Areas: Geometric and Analytic Group Theory, Graph Theory, Operations Research,
Cryptography, Complex Analysis Theoretical and Observational Cosmology, General Relativity, Lie Groups and Representation Theory, Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, Fractal Geometry and Fractal Approximations, Discrete Dynamical Systems, Operator Algebra, Nonlinear Dynamics.
a) Energetic ion-matter interaction.
b) General Relativity, Cosmology, Gravity.
c) Atmosphere and Climate Change.
d) Biomass derived carbon based hybrid with 2-D transition metal oxides(TMOs) and di- chalcogenides(TMDs) for energy storage devices.
e) Photo catalyst for degradation of toxic industrial effluent.
a) Nonparametric Inference,
b) Statistical inference on manifold data,
c) Test of hypothesis under curved exponential family,
d) Robust Bayesian Inference,
e) Sequential Design,
f) Survival Analysis,
g) Mathematical Design and Analysis of Clinical Trials and any suitable area/ topic.
15. Institute of Health Sciences
a) Microbial ecology (1)
b) Tumor Virology (1)
c) Neurobiology and epigenetics (2)
d) Nanobiotechnology and immunodiagnostics (3)
e) Plant/Host-microbe interaction (3)
f) Epigenetic regulation in Hematological Malignancies (1)
g) Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering (1)
h) Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (2)
i) Molecular Endocrinology of PCOS (1)
j) Cancer biology (4)
k) Mitochondrial regulation of hypoxic neuronal growth (1)
l) Hepatitis C virus induced liver pathogenesis (2)
m) Allergen biology and Clinical Immunology (1)
n) Green synthetic organic chemistry and supramolecular chemistry (2)
Selection Procedure: Presidency University Admission PhD
All applicants are required to upload a research proposal within 500 words. Applicants may be shortlisted by the department/school/institute based on the research proposals/area of availability of guide in the proposed research areas and other academic criteria.
All eligible candidates will have to appear at an interview / test (online/offline mode), conducted by the Departmental Ph.D. Selection Committees of the University. In interview, the candidates will be expected to discuss their research interests.
Following the admission procedure, a list of qualified candidates (preferably mentioning their areas of research interest(s) will be published and displayed by the University through the official website.
Candidates selected for the Ph.D. Programme will be attached to the respective Department at the time of their provisional admission and will be required to enrol on payment of a non- refundable fee, determined by the University.
Guidelines: Presidency University Admission PhD
- Read the Admission Notification carefully before applying.
- Check the available departments and area of specialisations(if any) before applying.
- Category certficates need to be issued by the Competent Authority of Goverment of West Bengal
- Person with Disbility candidates should have atleast 40% disability and certificate need to be issued by competent authority of Goverment of West Bengal
- Migration certificate will be asked immediately after provisional admission (will be notified).
- No Objection Certificate from the employer will be reqired immediately after provisional admission (will be notified).
- Write to [email protected] for any help.
Application Procedure : Presidency University
- * marked fields are Mandatory fields.
- SIGN UP in the system only once.
- LOG IN to the system to apply.
- You can login several times into the system for applying.
- Enter all data in the application form and upload documents.
- Upload scan copy of the original documents only.
- Use SAVE button to save data or to upload documents. Use SAVE button time to time to save data or to upload documents.
- Once you save the form with completed required fields, the “Finalize the form” check box will be activated. Check the box to submit the form finally. After uploading of Essential documents the completed form can be submitted by selecting “Finalise the form” check box and by clickig “Apply” button.
- Remeber that, the submitted data can not be modified after you press the Apply button with checked “Finalise the form” box.
- Application reference number will be generated after successful submission of application form. Use this for paying the application fee.
- Take the printout of the generated Application Form (will be generated within2-3 working days from the date of payment) and send it along with all the supporting documents, payment receipt and resesrch proposal(within 500 words) to the following address:
86/1, College Street,
- LAST DATE FOR RECEIVING HARDCOPY IS 4th August, 2023(till 5pm)
Payment Procedure : Presidency University
Application Form will be generated after successful verification of payment. Pay the application fee in the https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm?corpID=469266. Following steps are to be followed to pay the application fees of Rs 500 + applicable bank charges. If the system does not display your application form after 3-4 working days of payment, you are required to check your payment status. Fees once paid can not be refunded under any circumstances.
Steps for payment of Application fee
- Click the above link
- Select the check box and click “Proceed” button
- Select Payment Category as “Application fees for PhD Admission”
- Enter Application Reference Number and other details and press submit. The application reference number will be generated after successful submission of the online application form.
- Pay the fee and keep the payment receipt for future references and send a copyof payment receipt with the application form to the University.
- PAYMENT LAST DATE 2nd August, 2023(till 5pm)
- Note: Complete the application procedure as soon as possible. Remember that payment will not be accepted after payment last date, in case of payment failure also.
Presidency University Official Website : https://www.presiuniv.ac.in