NARL Recruitment 2023 For Scientist/Engineer and JRF Posts: Check Eligibility & How To Apply. Narl recruitment 2023 scientist engineer and jrf posts list, Narl recruitment 2023 scientist engineer and jrf posts date.
Table of Contents
National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL) is engaged in frontline atmospheric research covering various aspects of the atmosphere right from the surface to the ionosphere including weather & climate and space weather using observations and modelling, development of new experimental techniques and indigenization of technologies.
NARL Recruitment 2023: Scientist/Engineer and JRF Posts
Recently, NARL has initiated Planetary atmospheric / ionospheric research and related instrumentation.
NARL invites online applications for the following positions:
|Post Code No.
|No. of posts
|Scientist/Engineer ‘SD’ Basic Pay – Rs.67700/- p.m in L – 11 (Rs.67700 – 208700/-) Plus TA and HRA as admissible
|Ph.D. in the field of Physics / Atmospheric Science/ Meteorology/ Earth Science.ME / MTech / MSc (Engg) / MS / MSc or equivalent with an aggregate minimum of 60% marks (average of all semesters) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in Physics/ Atmospheric Sciences / Space Physics / Meteorology / Earth System Science from a recognised University/ institution. B.E/BTech/BSc (Engg) or equivalent qualification with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks (average of all semesters) or CGPA 6.84 on a 10 point scale. AMIE/Grade IETE candidates with a minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84 on a 10 point scale in section B alone. (or) BSc with 60% marks or CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
|Research experience in Atmospheric Boundary Layer Meteorology/ Urban meteorology and land-air interactions with exposure in in-situ/remote sensing instruments. (or) Research experience in modelling, parameterization and process modelling of the atmospheric boundary layer.
NARL invites online application(s) for the position of SCIENTIST/ENGINEER ‘SD’ & Junior Research Fellow(JRF)
National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL) is engaged in frontline atmospheric/ionospheric research, including weather & climate, space weather and planetary ionosphere, using observations and modelling.
NARL is also engaged in the development of new experimental techniques and indigenization of technologies.
NARL has recently initiated research programs of national interest addressing contemporary issues linked with urbanization, extreme weather, regional climate and pollution.
NARL has also initiated cooperative research programs with national institutes and universities, employing ST/MST radars and GNSS/NaVIC receiver networks.
NARL invites online applications for the following positions:
|Post Code No.
|No. of Posts
|Junior Research Fellow (JRF) Fellowship Amount : For 1st & 2nd years Rs. 37,000/- per month For the subsequent years Rs.42,000/- per month
|a) First Class or equivalent CGPA Grade as declared by University in Post – Graduate degree in the following subjects : Physics/Atmospheric Science /Space Physics / Meteorology / Applied Chemistry /Geophysics/ Earth System Sciences or equivalent with Physics or Atmospheric Science or Space Physics or Meteorology as core subjects. OR Any Specialization of Electronics Engineering / Communication Engineering / Optical Engineering / Photonics / Instrumentation Engineering. AND b) Qualified in CSIR-UGC NET / GATE / JAM / JEST.
INSTRUCTIONS: NARL Recruitment 2023: Scientist/Engineer and JRF Posts
Age Limit : 35 years as on last date of receipt of applications.
Note:Relaxation in maximum age limit is applicable for PWD, Ex-Servicemen, OBC and SC/ST as per Govt. of India orders.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS : All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
NOTE-I : THE PRESCRIBED ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS ARE THE MINIMUM AND THE MERE POSSESSION OF THE SAME DOES NOT ENTITLE CANDIDATES TO BE CALLED FOR INTERVIEW.
NOTE-II : IN THE EVENT OF NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS BEING LARGE, NARL WILL ADOPT SHORT LISTING CRITERIA TO RESTRICT THE NUMBER OF CANDIDATES TO BE CALLED FOR INTERVIEW TO A REASONABLE NUMBER BY ANY OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING METHODS.
On the basis of higher educational qualifications than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- On the basis of higher experience in the relevant field than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- By counting experience after the acquisition of essential qualifications.
- Number of publications in peer reviewed journals.
The Candidates should be with a pre-requisite condition that the prescribed pre-eligibility qualification should have been completed within the stipulated duration of the course as prescribed by the University.
The Candidates who are already employed under Central /State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Organizations should submit a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the employer concerned, without which the application will not be considered.
SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-servicemen candidates are required to produce a copy of the certificate in the prescribed format signed by the specified Authority at the time of interview. A person who wants to avail the benefit of PWD reservation would have to submit a disability certificate issued by a Competent Authority in the prescribed format. Degree of disability for reservation: only such person would be eligible for reservation in services / posts who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability.
PAY AND ALLOWANCES: NARL Recruitment 2023: Scientist/Engineer and JRF Posts
The gross emoluments at the minimum of the Pay will be at present Rs.67,700/-. In addition, House Rent Allowance (HRA) and Transport Allowance (TA) will be paid as admissible. The employees will be governed by the New Defined Contribution Pension Scheme. On employment in NARL, other facilities are available such as medical facilities for self and dependents, subsidized canteen, Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, construction of house, etc., as per Central Government orders.
The date of determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the closing date for submitting the online application on the website 15.01.2024.
The decision of NARL in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, conduct of interview, will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or agency on behalf of the candidate.
HOW TO APPLY : NARL Recruitment 2023: Scientist/Engineer and JRF Posts
- Candidates must apply on-line through the website www.narl.gov.in. The site will remain open from 16.12.2023 (10:00Hrs) to 15.01.2024 (23:59Hrs) for registering the application. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Academic credentials along with Photo are to be uploaded along with the application. Candidate(s) should be ready to submit uploaded credentials in support of educational qualification, age, category etc., at the time of interview, failing which candidature will be summarily rejected.
- Candidate has to personally upload his/her Post Doctoral experience / the relevant research experience in the desired field, list of peer reviewed publications, Awards/ Scholarship / Official Appreciation / Affiliation with the professional bodies/institutions/societies in a single pdf file in such a way that the size of the file does not exceed 2 MB.
- Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for further reference. E-mail ID of the applicant is to be given in the application compulsorily. The last date of submitting on-line application is 15.01.2024. All further communications or any change will be made to the applicants through e-mail / NARL website only. Therefore, the applicants are advised to check his/her e-mail and visit the NARL website from time to time invariably.
OTHER CONDITIONS / INSTRUCTIONS : NARL Recruitment 2023: Scientist/Engineer and JRF Posts
- Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed AC 3 – Tier Class train fare by the shortest route to the place of interview from the Railway Station nearest to the normal place of residence of the candidate or from which he/she actually performs the journey, whichever, is nearer to the place of interview, and back to the same station or the amount of Railway fare actually incurred by the candidate whichever is less.
- The posts are temporary, but likely to continue. At present the place of posting is NARL, Gadanki, but the appointees are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation / Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required.
- The numbers of posts indicated above are provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirements of the Organisation.
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview. If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
- NARL reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so desires.
- Only Indian nationals need apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
It is the absolute responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria as notified and has fully complied with the procedural requirements and time limits stipulated for submission of an on-line application. Any deviations from the procedures notified would result in cancellation of candidature and no representation on the matter will be entertained.
FAQs: NARL Recruitment 2023 Scientist/Engineer and JRF Posts
Q1: What is NARL?
A1: NARL stands for the National Atmospheric Research Laboratory. It is a premier research institution focused on atmospheric and space sciences in India.
Q2: What positions are available in the NARL Recruitment 2023?
A2: The recruitment is for Scientist/Engineer and Junior Research Fellow (JRF) positions.
Q3: What are the eligibility criteria for Scientist/Engineer positions?
A3: Eligibility criteria may vary, but typically require a relevant postgraduate degree or equivalent in a specified field with experience in atmospheric or space research.
Q4: How can I apply for the Scientist/Engineer positions?
A4: The application process usually involves filling out an online application form on the official NARL website. Detailed instructions will be provided in the official recruitment notification.
Q5: What are the eligibility criteria for the Junior Research Fellow (JRF) positions?
A5: Eligibility criteria for JRF positions often include a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline with a valid NET/GATE qualification.
Q6: What is the selection process for these positions?
A6: The selection process may involve a written examination and/or an interview. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about the specific details.
Q7: Is there an age limit for applying to these positions?
A7: Yes, there is usually an age limit specified in the recruitment notification. It is important to check the official notification for details.
Q8: What is the pay scale for Scientist/Engineer and JRF positions?
A8: The pay scale varies for different positions and is mentioned in the official recruitment notification.
Q9: Can candidates from other countries apply?
A9: The eligibility criteria often specify that candidates must be Indian citizens. It’s advisable to check the official notification for any exceptions.
Q10: Where can I find more information about NARL Recruitment 2023?
A10: Detailed information, including eligibility criteria, application process, and important dates, will be provided in the official recruitment notification on the NARL website.