Kazi Nazrul University Jobs 2023 Project Associate. Recruitment for the post of “Project Associate – 1” under SERB-SURE funded project.
Kazi Nazrul University Jobs 2023 Project Associate
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for one Project Associate – 1 position in the SERB-SURE sponsored research project on “Use of polymerase spiral reaction for development of on-site meat adulteration detection methods for accurate recognition of DNA from the meat of chicken, quail, duck, buffalo, cattle, and swine”.
The project involves meat sample collection of specified animals, DNA extraction, and dealing with molecular techniques like PCR and PSR.
Kazi Nazrul University Jobs 2023 Project Associate Details
The Kazi Nazrul University invites applications from Indian nationals for the following position on a contract basis:
|Name of the post
|Project Associate – 1
|Name of the project
|Use of polymerase spiral reaction for development of on-site meat adulteration detection methods for accurate recognition of DNA from the meat of chicken, quail, duck, buffalo, cattle, and swine.
|Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
|Dr. Sourabh Sulabh (PI), Dr. Sushil Prasad (Co-PI)
|Essential: Master’s degree in Zoology or Life Science or any other equivalent discipline (with a minimum of 55% marks, or minimum CGPA of 6.0). Desirable: Experience in DNA extraction from tissues.Experience in molecular genetics work.Publication related to PCR or Isothermal amplification.
|Rs. 25000/- + Applicable HRA per month (Consolidated)
|Not more than 35 years as of the closing date (24/12/2023) of the advertisement
|No. of post
|The position is temporary and renewable every year subject to satisfactory performance. The position is co-terminus with the project. Project Period: 32 months (Tentative)
|Project Start date (tentative)
How to Apply: Kazi Nazrul University Jobs 2023 Project Associate
The search will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidates interested in this position should email their Curriculum vitae (containing the Mobile number) by 24th December 2023, to the Registrar, KNU through email: [email protected] and CC to the PI, Dr. Sourabh Sulabh [email protected].
Please mention “Application for Project Associate – 1 position” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed regarding the date and the other requirements of the interview via email.
Relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience, etc. would be collected at the time of the interview.
GENERAL INFORMATION / DETAILS ABOUT THE POST: Kazi Nazrul University Jobs 2023 Project Associate
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in the Funding Agency or KNU.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The qualifications prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and merepossession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the PI may restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately upon receipt of the offer.
- No interim inquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will beentertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
- The selected candidate can also apply for the regular Ph.D. program at Kazi Nazrul University, provided he/she satisfies the eligibility criteria.