IIT Palakkad Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professors Posts. Opportunities for PhD Holders as IIT Palakkad Recruiting Assistant Professors.
Faculty Recruitment-Assistant Professors. Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad | Staff Recruitment Portal.
iit palakkad faculty recruitment 2023, iit palakkad non teaching recruitment 2023, iit palakkad mtech shortlisted candidates 2023, iit faculty recruitment 2023, iit palakkad assistant professor recruitment, iit palakkad recruitment non teaching, iit palakkad mts recruitment 2023, iit palakkad phd admission 2023
Table of Contents
IIT Palakkad Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professors Posts
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad, an Institute of National Importance under the Ministry of Education invites online applications from candidates with an established record of independent high-quality research, and commitment to teaching and research, for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor Gr. I and Gr. II (as per the 7th Central Pay Commission) as below.
Candidates from SC/ST/PwD categories as well as women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the following positions.
|Sl. No.||Position||Pay Scale|
|1||Assistant Professor||Level 10 (Rs. 57,700- Rs. 98200)|
Level 11 (Rs. 68900 – Rs. 117200)
Level 12 (Rs.101500 -Rs.167400)
Department & Areas of Specialization: IIT Palakkad Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professors Posts
|Sl. No.||Department||Areas of specialization|
|1||Biological Sciences and Engineering||Molecular Biology/OMICS (Focus on human pathologies including genetic diseases, cancer & autoimmune diseases)Bioinformatics/computational biology/systems biology (Focus on human biomolecular interactions, modeling, drug discovery)Infectious diseases (Preferably viral diseases – human or zoonotic)|
|2||Chemistry||Main group Chemistry (Synthesis and Energy applications)Peptide and Carbohydrate ChemistryBioanalytical Chemistry|
|3||Civil Engineering||Environmental EngineeringConstruction ManagementConstruction MaterialsTransportation EngineeringHydraulics|
|4||Computer Science and Engineering||Compilers, Programming Languages and Program AnalysisComputer Architecture, Operating SystemsDatabase Management SystemsFormal methods – Logic and Formal VeriﬁcationDistributed Systems and Distributed Computing Exceptional candidates from broadly all areas of Computer Systems and Theoretical Computer Science may also apply.|
|5||Data Science||All areas|
|6||Electrical Engineering||Analog and Mixed Signal CircuitsDigital VLSI DesignSignal Processing and ImagingCommunication EngineeringPower Systems (power system market, security, and optimization; power system dynamics with renewable energy)|
|7||Environmental Sciences and Sustainable Engineering Centre||Ecology (biodiversity, nature-based solutions, ecosystem modeling, global climate change)Environmental Engineering (air quality, sanitation, contaminant transport, environmental modeling)Sustainable Agriculture (climate-smart agriculture, photosynthesis, biophysical modeling, soil carbon sequestration, agroforestry)|
|8||Humanities and Social Sciences||HistoryArtsPolitical Science|
|9||Mathematics||Probability, Statistics and related areas such as Machine Learning Theory, Game Theory, and Optimization.Numerical AnalysisFunctional AnalysisTopology and Geometry|
|10||Mechanical Engineering||Solid mechanics & Design: all areas.Manufacturing and Materials Engineering: Plasticity & Metal forming, Industrial engineering (including Industry 4.0, Smart manufacturing, Product design), Tribology.Thermal and Fluids Engineering: Computational & Experimental fluid mechanics, Renewable Energy systems.|
|11||Physics||Experimental Condensed Matter PhysicsParticle Physics (Experiment/Theory)Observational Astronomy/Cosmology/Astrophysics |
Those with exceptional qualifications in other areas of research applicable to Physics may also apply.
Qualification: IIT Palakkad Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professors Posts
Ph.D. in the relevant area of research, with first class or equivalent at the preceding (penultimate) degree in the appropriate branch with consistently good academic record throughout.
|Assistant Professor Gr. I (Level 12)||At least 3 years industrial / research / teaching experience excluding, however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.|
|Assistant Professor Gr. II (Level 10 and 11)||Those with industrial / research / teaching experience less than three years (post Ph.D.) will be considered only for this post.|
Age Limit: IIT Palakkad Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professors Posts
Assistant Professor: Below 40 years (preferably below 35 years). Relaxation in age to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes – Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) would be admissible as per Government of India Norms. Three-year age relaxation will be given for women candidates where no other relaxation is applicable.
Application Form and Submission
- Applications are to be submitted online through the portal at https://facap.iitpkd.ac.in wherein all necessary instructions may be found. The portal will be open from 10.00 hours November 3, 2023 to 23:59 hrs, December 02, 2023
- Applicants should click on the “Submit the application” button to complete the submission. The applicant will receive an email confirming the submission of the application.
- The completed application along with all enclosures should be submitted through the portal on or before 23:59 hrs, December 02, 2023.
General Instructions: IIT Palakkad Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professors Posts
1. Candidates desirous of applying for multiple posts may submit separate applications for each post through the portal.
2. The application portal requires the following to be uploaded as separate documents, preferably in PDF along with a passport-size photograph:
(a) Curriculum Vitae (CV)
(b) Teaching plan, indicating courses in the discipline that you can teach. An expanded statement of the objectives and long term interests in coursework development may be included. For those with prior teaching experience, the statement should preferably contain details of student feedback ratings, outline of courses taught by the candidate and novel methods used if any. The statement can also include details of any teaching related awards and details of participation in teacher development programs as participant or as mentor.
(c) Research plan, highlighting the current and past research interests and achievements as also future plans in the short and long terms. The plan should highlight how the work contributes or will contribute to advances in the field. The research plan may also briefly include details of sponsored and consultancy projects that are completed and ongoing, if applicable.
(d) Copies of Ph.D. degree certificate and penultimate degree (degree immediately preceding Ph.D.) certificate, as well as copy of the penultimate degree marksheet.
(e) Copies/Re-prints of your three best publications (journals or conferences) authored in the last 10 years, which best highlight your research contributions.
(f) Copies of certificates for proof of category, physical disability and NOC, as applicable.
3. The application portal also requires data on the following:
(a) The number of publications in peer-reviewed journals and international/national conferences, books and book chapters as well as patents filed/granted. A complete list of all publications/books/patents may be included in the CV, with the salient contributions of the best works of the candidate highlighted.
(b) The number of externally funded projects and funding received. Specific details on the projects including sponsoring agency, value, status of project, co-investigators and the contributions made by the candidate may be included in the CV.
(c) The number of students supervised/currently supervising (Ph.D./MS) as official guide / co-guide.Experience (in months) before and after PhD in research and industry as well as teaching experience at UG/PG level. Details on courses taught and novel methods employed can be part of the teaching plan and also detailed in the CV.
(d) Details of at least three referees who can provide an independent assessment of your abilities and contributions.
4. Any other information such as prizes and awards, organisation of conferences, reviewer for journals, member of editorial boards, outreach activities and administrative roles undertaken may also be clearly highlighted in the CV.
Travel and Relocation Allowance
- For candidates joining the Institute, reimbursement will be made for one-way economy class airfare for travel subject to the condition that they serve the Institute for a minimum period of 3 years.
- Relocation allowance of Rs. 50,000/- or actual, whichever is less, towards transportation of personal effects is also provided for candidates joining the Institute.
Support for Professional Advancement of Faculty at IIT Palakkad
- An initiation/start-up grant of up to Rs. 10.00 lakhs is available to new faculty members on joining, to be used for initial research set up, travelling to conferences etc. There is also the possibility of a higher start-up grant, based on a proposal for carrying out a research project of 3 years duration, on a selection basis.
- A Cumulative Professional Development Allowance (CPDA) of Rs.3.00 lakhs for every block period of 3 years (Rs.1.00 lakh per year) is made available to every member of the faculty on reimbursable basis to meet the expenses for participation in national and international conferences, payment of membership fee of professional bodies and contingent expenses.
- The Institute encourages interaction of the faculty with industry, other research and professional institutions. Consultancy is encouraged and liberal consultancy policies are in practice.
- Professional visits can be undertaken during the vacation period for carrying out scientific research work.
- Flexible Sabbatical Leave facility.
- Research and Development activities are strongly encouraged in all Disciplines. As an Institute currently being set up, faculty members joining the Institute will have the all-important task of acquiring modern and contemporary equipment and services for their research work.
- Good facilities exist for computing. The institute also has a High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster that caters to computational research needs in engineering and physical sciences.
- The Institute has a well-stacked library which is being augmented continuously with access to e-journals as well.
Other Information: IIT Palakkad Recruitment 2023 Assistant Professors Posts
- Permanent faculty positions are open to Indian Nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and overseas citizens of India (OCI). Appointment of foreign nationals for a fixed period ON CONTRACT basis is permissible.
- Security clearance from the Ministries of External and Home Affairs is necessary in every case for individuals with foreign passports.
- The positions are on a regular basis with a probation period of one year.
- Allowances as applicable to Central Government employees located in Palakkad will be paid.
- Latest certificates should be submitted by the candidates claiming reservations.
- Relaxation in age to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes- Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) would be admissible as per Government of India Norms. Three-year age relaxation will be given for women candidates.
- Candidates employed in Government and Semi-Government Organizations, Public Sector Undertakings, Universities and Educational Institutions must submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their present employer.
- The institute reserves the right to not fill up the posts, cancel the advertisement in whole or in part without assigning any reason and its decision in this regard will be final and binding. The institute also reserves the right to extend the closing date for receipt of applications.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement and other academic achievements. Shortlisting of candidates called for interview will be done by the selection committee area-wise/ discipline-wise.
- The invitation to a candidate for interview merely indicates that it is felt that he/she with others may be suitable for the post and conveys no assurance whatsoever that he/she will be recommended or selected or his/her conditions specified in the application will be accepted.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding the reason(s) for not being called for an interview/outcome of the interview.
- The Institute may consider candidates whose area of specialization lie outside those stated herein, provided these persons have an outstanding record.
- Outstation candidates called for a personal interview will be paid economy class domestic airfare/ 2nd AC train fare by the shortest route.
- The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the application. The Institute may verify the antecedents and documents submitted by a candidate during the tenure of his/her service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidate are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed any information, then his/her service shall be terminated and legal action may also be initiated against such candidates/employees.
- Addendum/Corrigendum, if any, with respect to this advertisement and/or related to the recruitment process will be uploaded in the Institute website only. No other means of communication will be used for the same. Therefore, candidates are advised to periodically visit the Institute website for updates, if any.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to candidates.
- In case of any disputes/ ambiguity arising out of the recruitment, the decision of the Institute shall be final. Legal disputes, if any, regarding the above will be restricted within the jurisdiction of Palakkad only.
- Canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification of candidature.