YouTube Product Partnerships Manager, Learning and Creator Products.
YouTube Product Partnerships accelerates the growth and innovation of YouTube products by driving new business opportunities through partnerships. They own the business side of new features, products, and initiatives that are vital to the success of YouTube. You know how to assess partnerships opportunities in any situation, define a strategy, and work with Product and other stakeholders to drive critical partnerships that help evolve our business. You’re a whiz at cross-functional leadership. You don’t just execute; you’re a true thought leader who can clue us into industry trends and key influencers.
YouTube has been playing an increasingly important role in the learning/education space as online learning continues to grow. Given this context, YouTube is investing in building more customized learning experiences for students and teachers while supporting the interests of Creators (who produce learning content).
You will have the opportunity to support other product areas with the goal of driving the success and happiness of Creators on YouTube through important initiatives such as unlocking new non-ad business streams (Alternative business generation) and driving adoption of new technologies (e.g. Creation tools). You’ll work with cross-functional teams to identify partnership opportunities to support our Creator goals and influence product roadmaps.
In this role, you will be responsible for setting a partnership strategy and expertly executing on it, serving as a strategic resource on areas you cover, and helping coordinate go-to-market efforts to ensure the success of partner-related launches.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Become a domain expert and thought leader in your area
- Identify new partnership opportunities and structure first-of-a-kind partnership programs
- Manage objectives and deliverables for driving partnerships and evaluating return on investment
- Lead cross-functionally to secure buy-in for the program and partnerships, including problem-solving legal, policy, business, operational and technical complexities, secure budget, collaborate with other Google teams that work in this space
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with external partners, including working on agreements and partner management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of business development experience and structuring and working with agreements, and managing partnerships
- 6 years of experience working with Product, Engineering, and Legal in a technology environment
- Experience communicating technical product requirements to partners
- Experience working with or thinking about the needs of content Creators
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple teams and levels of management and ability to convey complex technical, financial, or business details with clarity
- Experience interpreting legal documents, working on agreements, and working with Legal team members to draft and execute agreements
- Passion about the learning space
- Strong problem-solving skills