West Bengal State University International Seminar on Environmental Crisis: Its Impact on Contemporary Society, Education and Literature.
Two Day International Seminar
Environmental Crisis: Its Impact on Contemporary Society, Education and Literature
Department of Bengali
West Bengal State University
in collaboration with
IQAC, West Bengal State University
Byanjanbarna Foundation, Kolkata
Venue: Seminar Hall
West Bengal State University, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India
Date: 26th and 27th of April, 2022 Time: 10:30 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.
All Academicians, Educationists, Policy Makers, College/University Faculty Members, Librarians, Research Scholars , Students are here by requested to register their names and attend the above mentioned Seminar.
- Environmental Crisis and Its Impact on Contemporary Society
- Environmental Crisis and Its Impact on Contemporary Culture, Literature
- Environmental Crisis and Its Impact on Contemporary Education
- Global Change and Atmospheric Pollution
- Alternative Energy Resources
- Socio-Economic and Legal Dimensions of Sustainable Development
- Air, Water and Soil Pollution and Treatment
- Biological Indices of Pollution
- Environment and Public Health Concerns
- Urbanization and Associated Issues
- Greenhouse Gas Emission, Global Warming and Its Effects
- Clean Development Mechanism
- Drought Management
- Natural Disaster Management
- Environmental Legislation and Policy
- Environmental Protection
- Wastewater Pollution, Management and Treatment
- Environmental Risk Management and Other related Issues
- Industrial Waste Issues and Management
- Oil Spills
- Waste Management
- Innovative Solutions to Environmental Crisis
- Various Eco-Approaches for Solutions to Problems threatening Environment
- Environment, Society and Culture
- Art, Literature, Performance, Media, and Environment
- Environment, Indigenous People, Folk Culture and Literature
- Any Relevant Sub-Theme
Guidelines for Submission:
- Abstracts are invited in not more than 250 words on the above sub-themes from academicians, educationists, teachers, scholars, librarians, policy makers, research scholars and students.
- All abstracts will be peer reviewed and evaluated before final acceptance.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit and present their papers at the Seminar. Bengali and English both languages will be accepted.
- After the Seminar, only selected Papers will be published in an Edited Volume based on the recommendation of the Expert Committee.
- The length of the final submission should not exceed 2000 words, excluding footnotes or endnotes.
- The abstract and the final submission must be typed in Times New Roman, with font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing.
- The APA Style of Reference (8th Edition) must be strictly followed to while submitting the abstract and the final submission.
The Abstract and Research Paper bearing the following details shall be sent as an attachment to :
- Name, 2. Affiliation with Institution, 3. Address for Correspondence, 4. Contact Details: Phone No. and E-mail Id, 5. Title of the Paper.
Last Date for Submission of Abstracts (Soft-Copy): 19th April, 2022
Intimation on Selection of the Abstract: 21th April, 2022
Date of Seminar: 26th and 27th of April, 2022 Time: 10.30 am – 5:30pm
Rs. 1000/- only For Academicians, Educationists, Policy Makers, College/University Faculty Members, Librarians, Research Scholars; Rs. 300/- only For UG/PG Students.
How to reach:
By Air: Take the Flight to Kolkata. After reaching Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport at Dumdum, take a Cab and avail the following short-cut route – Dumdum Airport Gate No.1-Birati More—turn Left-Kalyani Expressway-after crossing of Petrol Pump at Doperia, take Service Road to University from Doperia.
By Rail: The Town is connected by rail to Sealdah, Bongaon and Basirhat. Barasat is 22 km from the Sealdah Railway Station on the Sealdah–Bangaon Branch Line and is at one end of the Barasat-Basirhat-Hasnabad Branch Line of the Eastern Railway Zone. Barasat Junction is the Town’s Main Rail Station, on the Bongaon Line (North Section). This Junction is where the Bongaon and Hasnabad–Basirhat Lines of Kolkata Suburban Railway separate. The Barasat–Basirhat Railway, is a section (BT-HNB) of the Sealdah Division of Eastern Railway. The Town has two other Rail Stations : Hridaypur (on the Sealdah-Bongaon Line) and Kazipara (on the Barasat-Hasnabad Line). Take Sealdah-Bongaon Local/Sealdah-Habra Local/Sealdah-Dattapukur Local/Sealdah-hasnabad Local/Sealdah-Gobardanga Local/Sealdah-Barasat Local/Sealdah-Thakurnagar Local etc. After reaching Barasat Station, Proceed towards Helabattala More by taking Cycle Van/Toto etc. and then follow the route of ‘By Road’ Journey.
By Road : To reach Champadali More from Howrah take L-238, from Baruipur take Baruipur-Barasat Bus, from Garia take Garia-Barasat Bus, AC-37 etc. To reach Colony More from Garia take Garia-Barasat Bus. The road connecting Barasat to Barrackpore is known as Barrackpore Road. You have to come to Colony More of Barasat, take the Barrackpore Road and proceed towards Barrackpore up to Kajibari Bus Stop. Turn left and proceed towards the University. Buses like 81, 81/1, DN-5, 78C/1, S34 etc. regularly ply between Barasat and Barrackpore. Ask the Conductor to get down at Kajibari Bus stop. Two Buses DN-8 and DN-8/1 are available from Karunamoyee and Tikiapara respectively for to and fro journey towards University.
Whom to Contact:
In case of any queries/clarification, the same can be conveyed to: Secretary, “Byanjanbarna Foundation”, Kolkata by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or through phone. Contact No. : 9051631232.