The West Bengal College Service Commission Application for the posts of Principal in State-Aided Colleges (General Degree Colleges)
|Commencement of online Application||Date 10/05/2022 (12 noon)|
|Last date of online Application||Date 10/06/2022 (12 midnight)|
|Last date of submission of Print-out of Application form along with filled in Assessment Criteria and Methodology format||Date 24/06/2022 (4 PM)|
THE WEST BENGAL COLLEGE SERVICE COMMISSION (ADVT. NO.1/2022)
Applications are invited from Indian Citizens (and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Govt. of India) for recruitment to the following post.
Principal in different State-aided Colleges (General Degree Colleges) in West Bengal (except the colleges granted minority status through the due process).
The vacancy calculation shall be done in accordance with the terms laid down in the West Bengal College Service Commission (Manner of Selection of Persons for Appointment to the posts of Assistant Professors, Principals and Librarians and Re-recommendation of Assistant Professor) Regulations, 2012 as amended from time to time. The vacancy cut-off date and the exact vacancy position will be notified before the publication of the merit panel under this recruitment process. The Commission is not responsible for any error in reporting of vacancies from the end of College(s).
Method of Recruitment
By direct recruitment to be conducted by the West Bengal College Service Commission excepting the colleges granted minority status through the due process.
The eligible candidates will be called for interview and selection (direct recruitment). The minimum eligibility conditions contained in this advertisement are governed by the provisions of the order no. 222-Edn(CS)/8R-1/2010, Dated 21st March, 2022 [General Degree Colleges] of the West Bengal Government, the Department of Higher Education. The Commission, however, can introduce additional parameters in order to select candidates of higher merit. Therefore, mere possession of eligibility does not confer any right to an applicant to be selected or empaneled, or even called for the interview.
- Pay scale: As notified by the government (Academic Level 14 with entry pay of Rs.1,44,200/- along with special allowances as notified by the State Government from time to time)
- Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) by a recognized University/ Institution, along with relaxations applicable to specified categories, as explained in the Note 1 below.
- A Ph.D. Degree.
- Associate Professor/ Professor with a total service experience of at least fifteen (15) years of teaching/ research in Universities, Colleges and other institutions of higher education, as clarified in Note 2.
- A minimum of 10 research publications in peer reviewed or UGC – listed journals.
- A minimum 110 research score as per Appendix II, Table 2 (Methodology for University and College Teachers for calculating Academic /Research Score) of UGC regulations, 2018;
- Any other stipulations prescribed by UGC from time to time as accepted by the State government on the date of Advertisement.
Relaxation of Marks for Direct Recruitment to the Post of Principal
- A relaxation of 5% marks shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master’s level for the candidates belonging to Schedule Castes/ Schedule Tribe/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) (non- creamy Layer) / Differently abled, [(a) Blindness and Low Vision, (b)Deaf and Hard of Hearing, (c) Locomotor disability including Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism, Acid-attacked Victims and Muscular Dystrophy, (d) Autism, Intellectual disability, Specific Learning Disability and Mental Illness,
(e) Multiple Disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) including Deaf-Blindness] for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment.
- A relaxation of 5% marks shall be provided (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D Degree holders who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to September 19, 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above is permissible based on only the qualifying marks, without including any grace mark procedures.
- All the essential qualifications must have been obtained from a recognized University/Institute. By a recognized University/Institute is meant a University/Institute affiliated to UGC/other statutory apex bodies, or recognized by the State or Central Government as a centre of higher learning. In case of a foreign University, the Degree concerned should be recognized as equivalent to its Indian counterpart by the Association of Indian Universities.
Teaching / Research/ Administrative Experience criteria:
- Previous regular service, whether national or international, as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor or equivalent in a University, College, National Laboratories or other scientific/ professional organizations such as the CSIR, ICAR, DRDO, UGC, ICSSR, ICHR, ICMR and DBT, should count for the direct recruitment of Principal, provided that-
- The essential qualifications of the post held were not lower than the qualifications prescribed here;
- The post is /was in an equivalent grade or of the pre-revised scale of pay as the post of Associate Professor (Reader) and Professor.
- The concerned Associate Professor or Professor should possess the same minimum qualifications as prescribed by the UGC for appointment to the post of Associate Professor and Professor, as the case may be;
- The post was filled in accordance with the prescribed selection procedure as laid down in the Regulations of the University / State Government/ Central Government/ Institutions concerned, for such appointments;
- The previous appointment was not as guest lecturer for any duration;
- The previous Ad-hoc or Temporary or contractual service (by whatever nomenclature it may be called) shall be counted for direct recruitment to Principal, provided that-
- the essential qualifications of the post held were not lower than the qualifications prescribed by the UGC for Associate Professor and Professor, as the case may be;
- the incumbent was appointed on the recommendation of a duly constituted Selection Committee/ Selection Committee constituted as per the rules of the respective University;
- the incumbent was drawing total gross emoluments not less than the monthly gross salary of a regularly appointed Associate Professor or Professor, as the case may be; and
- No distinctions shall be made with reference to the nature of management of the institution where previous service was rendered (private/local body/Government), while counting the past service under this clause.
- The period of time spent by the candidates to acquire M.Phil and / or Ph.D. Degree shall not be claimed or considered as teaching/ research experience for appointment to the post of Principal.
- Further the period of active service spent on pursuing Research Degree simultaneously with teaching assignment without taking any kind of leave shall be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment to the post of Principal.
Proficiency in Language:
Proficiency in language, spoken and written, concerning the medium of instruction of the concerned institution (language/ medium of instruction shall be indicated by the appointing authority while requisitioning to WBCSC).
Age: West Bengal College Service Commission
Not below 40 (forty) years and not above 55 (fifty five) years on the 1st day of January, 2022.
Provided that the upper age-limit may be relaxable for the candidate belonging to the categories of Scheduled Caste (5 Years), Scheduled Tribe (5 Years) and Other Backward Class (non-creamy layers) (3 Years) and differently-able categories (10 Years) as per extant rules/ orders of the State Government.
Procedure in General:
The overall selection procedure shall incorporate a transparent, objective and credible methodology of analysis of the merits and credentials of the applicants based on weightages given to the performance of the candidate in different relevant dimensions and his/her performance on a scoring system based as provided in the UGC Regulations, 2018.
Fees: Rs. 5000/- (Rupees Five thousand only) for General candidates and Rs. 2500/- (Rupees Two thousand Five hundred only) for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently abled candidates. The candidates have to pay the application fee by credit card/debit card/internet banking. Additional processing charges as following will also be debited from the credit card /debit card/bank account of the candidate.
Credit card: 1.20% of the application fee plus the service tax as applicable.
Debit Card: Nil.
Internet Banking: Rs.10/-per transaction plus the service tax as applicable.
Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Mode of Application
Prospective candidates are requested to visit web portal www.wbcsc.org.in for the ONLINE APPLICATION facility. They are further requested to go through the “HOW TO APPLY” section thoroughly before they go for ONLINE APPLICATION. Online Application will commence on 10/05/2022 (12 Noon) and will close on 10/06/2022 (12 Midnight).
Applicants should take print out of the application form and send/submit the same along with authenticated filled in Assessment Criteria and Methodology format, self-attested photocopies of relevant academic/ other credentials to the Commission’s office at “ASANNA” Building, Plot No. DG-10/1, Premises No. 13-0327, Action Area – 1D, Rajarhat, New Town, Kolkata – 700156 on or before 24/06/2022 (4 PM).
Information and Instruction: West Bengal College Service Commission
- Applicants with grade/grade points should write the percentage equivalent according to the formula used by their Boards/Universities. As grade/grade points are typically associated with an interval of marks, the exact midpoint of the relevant interval should be considered for the purpose. It is the responsibility of the applicants to obtain the necessary certification from their Boards/Universities in support of their claims. They will be required to justify the ‘percentage equivalent’ claimed by them at the time of interview and failure to do so may even lead to the cancellation of their candidature or calculation of the percentage equivalent by the Commission itself by whatever method it considers reasonable, including the methodology suggested in this regard by the University Grants Commission in its “Regulations on Minimum Qualification of Appointment of Teachers and Other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education , 2010”. No complaints in that regard will be entertained at any later stage.
- The competent authority of judging the equivalence of all degrees obtained from foreign Universities is Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Candidates are advised to have their foreign degrees authenticated as equivalent to their Indian counterparts from AIU.
The selection committee may not recognize a degree as a valid one in the absence of such an equivalence certificate.
- The cut-off date for all items of qualification and experience, including publication, shall be 10/06/2022. The age of the candidate, however, shall be calculated on 1st January, 2022.
- The Assessment Criteria and Methodology for calculating Academic / Research Score designed in accordance with UGC Regulations, 2018 is uploaded in the website (www.wbcsc.org.in). All applicants are requested to study carefully the same, calculate their Academic / Research Score and fill-in the Academic / Research Score format. Please note that Academic / Research Score is a crucial component of the eligibility-cum- selection criteria, and therefore, accuracy in filling up the Academic / Research Score format is very important for one’s candidature.
- The ‘relevance’, or lack of it, of the area of expertise of a candidate vis-a-vis the subjects taught in a College, will be decided by the experts representing the Universities on the interview board and their decision will be final and binding.
- It should be noted that calculation of experience should not involve double counting of the same period. For example, acting as a Bursar in a College for one year will not entitle an applicant to claim one year’s teaching experience as well as one year’s administrative experience.
Methodology for University and College Teachers for calculating Academic/Research Score
(Assessment must be based on evidence produced by the teacher such as: copy of publications, project sanction letter, utilization and completion certificates issued by the University and acknowledgements for patent filling and approval letters, students’ Ph.D. award letter, etc.)
|S.N.||Academic/Research Activity||Faculty of Sciences /Engineering /Agriculture /Medical/Ve terinary Sciences||) Faculty of Languages/ Humanities/ Arts /Social Sciences/Library/ Education/Physical Education/Commerce/ Management & other related disciplines|
|1.||Research Papers in Peer-Reviewed or UGC listed Journals||08 per paper||10 per paper|
|2.||Publications (other than Research papers)|
|(a)Books authored which are published by;|
|Chapter in Edited Book||05||‘ 05|
|Editor of Book by International Publisher||10||10|
|Editor of Book by National Publisher||08||08|
|(b)Translation works in Indian and Foreign Languages by qualified Faculties|
|Chapter or Research paper||03||03|
|3.||Creation of ICT mediated Teaching Learning pedagogy and content and development of new and innovative courses and curricula|
|(a)Development of innovative pedagogy||05||,, 05|
|(b)Design of new curricula and courses||02 per curricula/course||02 per curricula/course|
|Development of complete MOOCs in 4 quadrants (4 credit course) (In case of MOOCs of lesser credits 05 marks /credit)||20||20|
|MOOCs (developed in 4 quadrant) per module/ lecture||05||05|
|Content writer /subject matter expert for each module of MOOCs (at least one quadrant)||02||02|
|Course Coordinator for MOOCs (4 Credit course) (In case of MOOCs of lesser credits 02 marks /credit)||08||08|
|Development of e-Content in 4 Quadrants for a complete course/e-book||12||12|
|e-Content (developed in 4 quadrants) per module||05||05|
|Contribution to development of e- content module in complete course/paper/e-book (at least one quadrant)||02||02|
|Editor of e-content for complete course/ Paper l e-book||10||10|
|Ph.D.||10 per degree awarded 05 per thesis submitted||10 per degree awarded 05 per thesis submitted|
|M.Phil/P.G. dissertation||02 per degree awarded||02 per degree awarded|
|(b)Research Projects Completed|
|More than 10 lakhs||10||10|
|Less than 10 lakhs||05||05|
|(c)Research Projects Ongoing|
|More than 10 lakhs||05||05|
|Less than 10 lakhs||02||02|
|(b)*Policy Document (Submitted to an International body/organization like UNO/UNESCO/World Bank/ International Monetary Fund etc. or Central Government or State Government)|
|(c)Awards / Fellowship|
|6.||*Invited lectures/ Resource Person/ paper presentation in Seminars/ Conferences / full paper in Conference Proceedings (Paper presented in Seminars/Conferences and also published as full paper in Conference Proceedings will be counted only once)|
|International (within country)||05||05|
The Research score for research papers would be augmented as follows:
Peer-Reviewed or UGC-listed Journals (Impact factor to be determined as per Thomson Reuter’s list):
- Paper in refereed journals without impact factor – 5 points
- Paper with impact factor less than 1 – 10 points
- Paper with impact factor between 1 and 2 – 15 points
- Paper with impact factor between 2 and 5 – 20 points
- Paper with impact factor between 5 and 10 – 25 points
- Paper with impact factor>10 – 30 points
- Two authors: 70% of total value of publication for each author.
- More than two authors: 70% of total value of publication for the First/ Principal/ Corresponding author and 30% of total value of publication for each of the joint authors.
Joint Projects: Principal Investigator and Co-investigator would get 50% each.
- Paper presented if part of edited book or proceeding then it can be claimed only once.
- For joint supervision of research students, the formula shall be 70% of the total score for Supervisor and Co- supervisor. Supervisor and Co- supervisor, both shall get 7 marks each.
- *For the purpose of calculating research score of the teacher, the combined research score from the categories of 5(b). Policy Document and 6. Invited lectures/ Resource Person/ Paper presentation shall have an upper capping of thirty percent of the total research score of the teacher concerned.
- The research score shall be from the minimum of three categories out of six categories
|1. Before applying for Online Registration, the candidates must have Valid Email Id and Mobile No.|
2. Please check size of your Photo & Signature soft copy (Mentioned in “How to Apply” page).
3. Do not Attempt for additional payment against one Registration No., if amount is deducted from bank.
|Helpdesk Email :- [email protected]|
Ph. No. :- 9147095071 (12 NOON to 04:00 PM) (Monday to Friday)