Veer Kunwar Singh University Ph.D. Admission Notification – 20215 min read
Veer Kunwar Singh University, University in Arrah, Bihar Ph.D. Admission Notification – 2021
VKS University, Ara named after the well known national hero and legendary freedom fighter Veer Kunwar Singh, is a public university in the city of Arrah in the state of Bihar, India. It was established by the Bihar Universities Act 1976. Ranked among the Top Universities of Bihar,university has earned recognition as a hub of higher learning and research in the frontier disciplines of science, humanities and social sciences. Over the years, through its progressive academic and extension activities, the University has played a vital role in the generation and dissemination of knowledge, and in enhancement of human skills.
(As per the Regulation approved by the Governor’s Secretariat, Bihar vide Memo No. BSU05/- 2010/2684/GS (1) dated 21.09.2017 & Letter No. BSU (Regulation) 05/2010/3230/GS (1) dated 18.12.2018.)
Applications for Ph.D. Admission Test-2021 (hereafter referred as PAT-2021) will be accepted online through University Website www.vksu.ac.in from the eligible candidates till 20.02.2023. The admit cards can be downloaded from the University website a week before the Date of the Written Test.
General Guidelines for the Candidates:
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT -2021) :-
- Candidates for admission to the Ph. D. Programme shall have a Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate, or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed)
- A relaxation of 5% marks, i.e. from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade will be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/EBC/OBC/Differently Able Categories.
- A Candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to pursue research in the subject in which he/ she holds Master’s degree.
Exemption/(s) from the Written Test (PAT)
- The candidates who have secured grants for research such as fellowships/scholarships/associate ships etc. by qualifying UGC-NET/CSIR-NET/GATE/MHRD scholarship/ Teacher fellowship/DBT /ICAR/ DST -INSPIRE/ CSIR, ICHR etc. shall be exempted from the written test.
- Assistant Professors/Associate Professors and Professors who have been appointed on substantive post in the UGC pay scale in the teaching departments of the University or a constituent college of the University, and who have completed their probation successfully with an experience of at least two years of uninterrupted service shall be considered under this category as well. However, teachers appointed in the self-ﬁnanced courses will not be exempted from the test.
- Non-teaching employees of the University who are holding substantive appointment for more than ﬁve years of experience having at least 55% marks in Master’s degree in the subject concerned, and with at least two research papers published in any reputed refereed journal or journals enlisted in the UGC-CARE list shall be considered under this category.
Note : Candidates exempted from PAT 2021 are required to apply online with requisite fee.
Entrance Test Fee:-
- General/BC/EBC/EWS – Rs. 2000/-
- SC/ST/Disabled/Women – Rs. 1500/-
- Candidates Exempted from PAT – Rs. 1000/-
Mode of Payment of Test Fee:-
Online Payment (Non-refundable) will be acceptable only through payment Gateway displayed on the university website during the process of filling up the Application Form.
Tentative Subjects Vacancy
|4||Urdu & Persian|
|6||Prakrit & Jainology|
N.B: The Subject wise Vacancy will be announced later on.
Procedure for Ph. D. Admission Test [PAT] -2021 Written Test
The Written Test will comprise of two papers of 100 marks each.
Paper I – (100 marks) Objective/multiple choice questions on qualitative and research aptitude
There will be 50 questions of 02 marks each. There will be no negative marking.
Duration of examination for Paper -I will be 01 hour.
Syllabus of Paper: 1
Research Aptitude; Meaning, Aims, Nature and Scope of Research; Prerequisites of Research; Types of Research; Problems of Research; Sources of Research Problem: Characteristics of Good Research: Methods of Research on Proposals or Synopsis Ethics in Research
- Language Aptitude based on General Grammar
- Logical Reasoning of General Competition Level
- Numerical Ability of General Competitive Level
- Data Interpretation visa-a-visa Qualitative and Qualitative Data, Mapping of Data, Representation and Inter predation of graphs
- Environment and Pollution: Ecosystem. Components of Ecosystem: Biotic & Abiotic; Atmosphere. Hydrosphere, Lithosphere; pollution- Water Pollution, Air Pollution, Soil Pollution, Noise Pollution; Global warming; Ozone Depletion and Acid rain: Current environmental issues and Movements in India: Chipko movements Narmada Dam, Tehri Dam etc.
- Computer & information & communication Technology: – Awareness, General Abbreviations and Terminology of computers and ICT meaning, Advantages. Uses and Risks of Digitalization; Basics of Internet
Pattern of Paper l
|Topic||No of questions||Marks|
|(i) Research Aptitude –||10||20|
|(ii) Language Aptitude –||10||20|
|(iii) Logical Reasoning –||05||10|
|(iv) Numerical Ability –||05||10|
|(v) Data Interpretation-||05||10|
|(vi) Environment &Pollution –||10||20|
|(vii) Computer and ICT –||05||10|
Paper-II (Syllabus & Pattern)
The test will be based on the syllabi of the Post Graduate Courses (till 2017-19) of Veer Kunwar Singh University, Ara (Except Special /Optional/Elective paper)
- Duration of Examination for this paper will be of 2 hours. Subjective/Descriptive/Essay type Questions will be asked in this paper.
Pattern of Question paper II
There will be very short Answer Type Questions in this group. Total eight (8) short answer type questions will be there, out of which ﬁve are to be answered. Expected length of each answer will be 100 words approximately.
There will be total ﬁve short answer type questions, out of which 3 are to be answered. Expected length of each answer will be 200 words approximately.
- Group-C (Descriptive/Essay Type)
There will be total ﬁve questions out of which three are to be answered in about 500 words each.
The minimum qualifying marks for written test will be as following:
- For General candidates – 50% aggregate marks
- For Reserved category candidates: 45% aggregate marks
Form & Duration of PAT
The first paper of PAT will be OMR sheet based. The second paper will be of subjective type comprising three sections.
First (Objective) 11:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Second (Subjective) 01:00 P.M. to 03:00 P.M.
The subject-wise merit list will be prepared on a scale of 100 marks including marks in Master’s degree, weightage on PAT/NET/BET/JRF and Interview as mentioned in the following table:
|Percentage Marks in Master Degree||Weightage|
|50% to <55%||40|
|55% to <60%||45|
|60% to <65%||50|
|65% to <70%||55|
|70% to <75%||60|
|75% to <80%||65|
|80% and above||70|
|Eligibility without Fellowship/PAT/BET/NET)||05|
|Eligibility with Fellowship (JRF)||10|
- 10 marks will be given to teachers and non-teaching employees (having more than three years of experience (as given to JRF awardees).
- The reservation policy of the Government of Bihar shall be strictly followed in the process of selection of candidates for the programme.
Helpline : +91 9120130011, +91 7388269373
Email : [email protected]