VAIBHAV Fellowships Scheme 2023 – Department Of Science & Technology3 min read
VAIBHAV Fellowships for Indian Diaspora (Indians in Abroad) | VAIBHAV Fellowships Scheme 2023- Department Of Science & Technology
The VAIBHAV Fellowship aims at improving the research ecosystem of India’s Higher Educational and Scientific Institutions by facilitating academic and research collaborations between Indian Institutions and the best institutions in the world through mobility of faculty/researcher from overseas institutions to India.
Eligibility: (for Scientists)
- The applicant should be Non-Resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), currently living abroad.
- The applicant must have obtained Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University.
- Applicant must be a researcher engaged in an overseas academic / research / industrial organization with proven track record of research & development working in the top- 500 QS World University Ranking.
- Plan to pursue research work for minimum of 1 month to a maximum of 2 months a year in a research institution / academic institution in India, spread over 3 years.
- Applicants can submit their proposal only once in a calendar year.
Eligibility: (for Institutions)
1. Higher Educational Institutions / University ranked in top 200 in NIRF overall rankings and having NAAC ‘A” grade (3.0 and above) and scientific institutes.
Nature & Duration of Support:
- The fellowship is tenable only in India and can be implemented in any of the recognized academic institutions, national laboratories and other recognized R & D institutions. The host institution should provide necessary administrative and infrastructural support
- The fellowship is for 1-2 months each year for a period of 3 years.
The fellows will be entitled to receive the grants as given below:
- Fellowship @ USD 5000 (in equivalent Indian currency)
- International Travel from place of their institute to place of work in India in business class
- Accommodation in 3 or 4-star hotel
- Contingency Rs 1,00,000 per year
- Domestic Travel for academic purposes up to two stations in a year
The host institute will get Rs 10 lakh per year for hosting the scientist and providing office/lab accommodation and facilitation for various infrastructure support,
Selection & Mode of Application
- The call for applications for VAIBHAV Fellowship will be notified through DST website www.dst.gov.in.
- Applications would be invited twice in a year, ending on 31st July and 31st January.
- The application form along with a research proposal highlighting the objectives of the research work to be undertaken should be submitted online.
- The applicant must identify an Indian Institution/University/Research Laboratory for carrying out his research.
- The selection will be based on the recommendations of an Expert Committee that will be constituted by the DST.
Documents required (in PDF) should be in prescribed format:
- Bio-data of Applicant
- Age Proof Certificate
- Qualification Certificate
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant and NOC from their parent institute
- Endorsement Certificate from Host Institute
- Plagiarism undertaking
Termination of the Fellowship
- If any fellow wishes to terminate the fellowship, he/she shall inform DST. The implementing institute should not incur any expenditure from the date of termination of the project or the date of resignation of PI. The institute will also arrange for submission of documents mentioned above.
- DST reserves the right to terminate the Fellowship at any stage if it is convinced that appropriate progress is not being made or the grant has not been utilized properly.
Contact Details: VAIBHAV Fellowships Scheme 2023
For more details the following may be contacted:
|Shri S K Varshney||Shri Sujit Banerjee||Dr. Charu Agarwal|
|Advisor and Head International Cooperation Division Technology Bhawan Department of Science and Technology New Delhi-110016||Scientist-F International Cooperation Division Technology Bhawan Department of Science and Technology New Delhi-110016||Scientist-C International Cooperation Division Technology Bhawan Department of Science and Technology New Delhi-110016|
|Email: [email protected]||Email: [email protected]||Email: [email protected]|